Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Need to head to sleep now, I should be looking forward to tomorrow, but... Yeah, I'm turning into something of a real shut-in who dislikes travel, more so than they rationally should, even if be but a day trip. I'm a killjoy, a life-wasting hermit (if fairly modest in what they ask for in their cloistered life), a curmudgeon, giving into the bad side of the peculiarities of autism. I am grateful that I bury this from others' sights, but I loathe it that I feel this way within me.😞

11 hours ago, Armagon said:

I would prefer to stay alive.

What? There isn't an eel in need of a dentist in that big blue hole.

That reminds me of someone whose disinterest in scuba-diving could be summarized as "fear that there will be a shark just out of sight that'll kill them". -Or doth it be the Oceangate (which I saw yesterday announced that it's officially "suspending" operations)?

Although, sights like the above existing IRL does give me another craving to see XCX2 add underwater exploration.🐠 Our world is beautiful, let it be inspiration for fantasy that I'll actually see and would enjoy.

10 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Ah, nothing gets the thread into full activity like... the CD-i games, pft.

A little craziness for kusoges. What's the harm?

And Ruben certainly isn't of the kind that requires a diet of polished, official, AAA (or even AA), games. (So, not unreasonable they might have fun with kusoges, as some people with some crappy games do.)  A bit of a rara avis in that regard, but that's not necessarily a bad thing in this case. The perspective is useful as I see it on principle (if useless in practice if it doesn't filter upwards to the right people).

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

• Replies 177.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

You know, I know it's not pronounced that way, but I can't help but laugh whenever I see Aidios being mentioned...

Aidios... Ay Dios... uh huh...

Well, it's done. Chapter 3 over! The Final Chapter... that will be for next time...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

10 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Sadly all of the CDi original characters are owned by Philips, not Nintendo, so instead we'd have to campaign them to make a new game starring Morshu and Harky. Philips apparently specializes in healthcare technology now, so I wonder how it would turn out... Though the king in the Zelda cartoon was also named Harkinian, so I'm not sure how much of that applies to him.

Yeah, I thought that'd be a problem... Somehow I doubt Philips would object too hard if Ninty were to ask, but at the same time, Ninty wouldn't care to do it. Such a shame.

1 hour ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

Thanks, I guess?

51 minutes ago, DodgeDusk said:

i don't like this title change

I don't think anybody does lol, but it is what it is. You get used to it, and we all still call it Teehee anyway, so.

I didn't know this guy wasn't in Nintendo anymore. F-Zero and Star Fox getting the Bloodstained treatment might be in the realm of possibility.

Honestly, best thing that could happen to either series at this point. It's a long shot, he seems preoccupied with other matters, but it's more likely than Nintendo themselves doing anything with the actual franchises.

EDIT: Never mind, that's just the art director. I fell for the clickbait and my own wish to see more of these games lol

Edited by Saint Rubenio

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I don't think anybody does lol, but it is what it is. You get used to it, and we all still call it Teehee anyway, so.

Nay Rubenio, live up to your sainthood and look deep inside yourself. You will find the truth within.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:
I didn't know this guy wasn't in Nintendo anymore. F-Zero and Star Fox getting the Bloodstained treatment might be in the realm of possibility.

Honestly, best thing that could happen to either series at this point. It's a long shot, he seems preoccupied with other matters, but it's more likely than Nintendo themselves doing anything with the actual franchises.

EDIT: Never mind, that's just the art director. I fell for the clickbait and my own wish to see more of these games lol

Well, Ex-Zodiac is coming along rather nicely.

2 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Well, Ex-Zodiac is coming along rather nicely.

Oh hey, not bad. SNES Star Fox has... not aged well, visually, but as an indie dev they probably couldn't do better, so I'm willing to look past it if it ends up being great. I'll see if I remember to keep an eye out for this.

1 hour ago, BrightBow said:

The game is also currently on sale.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1249480/ExZodiac/

With 8 levels and each of them having a bonus stage, it actually has quite a decent amount of content already.

Oh, cool. Not much hurry to buy it on sale, I mean, the whole thing is 10 bucks, but I'll throw it in the wishlist and we'll see.

9 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

That reminds me of someone whose disinterest in scuba-diving could be summarized as "fear that there will be a shark just out of sight that'll kill them". -Or doth it be the Oceangate (which I saw yesterday announced that it's officially "suspending" operations)?

Honestly my biggest fear is that I surface too fast and then I explode.

8 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

You know, I know it's not pronounced that way, but I can't help but laugh whenever I see Aidios being mentioned...

Aidios... Ay Dios... uh huh...

This threw me for a loop too and despite hearing the official pronunciation, I still keep saying it as adios. 

$40 for this!? Falcom, what the hell?

c86d964c8fc815483d69c70fe25e5871.png

I'm gonna have to say this is way past absurd. no one should have to pay $40 for some in game items. 

Most of these things are easy as hell to earn in the first place! Come on, this is totally a rip off. XD

13 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

$40 for this!? Falcom, what the hell?

c86d964c8fc815483d69c70fe25e5871.png

I'm gonna have to say this is way past absurd. no one should have to pay $40 for some in game items. 

Most of these things are easy as hell to earn in the first place! Come on, this is totally a rip off. XD

Namco and Koei Tecmo moment.

14 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

Oh by the way, to respond to your earlier remarks of fearing the Ottomans together, make no mistake, I'm still scared shitless of the Ottos. The war against Poland and the HRE I was pulled into from Austria really sacked my man power and the Ottomans have been nothing but aggressive.

Ah. An unchecked Ottoman empire is indeed a scary proposition.

F0rANxr.png

Which makes this rather satisfying 😎 Second war vs the Ottos was far more successful, partly because my own troop count was a fair bit better than before, partly because Spain made for a much better distraction than Muscovy did in the first war. Neither of them really pulled their weight in battles, but Spain didn't get sieged down nearly as fast as Muscovy, and didn't sign a separate peace as a result. Special shout-out to Naples, who broke free from the personal union via republican rebels during the war, but still sent 30k troops to do some sieging in the Pontic Steppe.

Still undecided if I want to form Persia or Rûm. Both would give me an achievement that I don't have yet. I might just stay as AQQ until I got all the requirements for the Persian achievement, form Persia, exit without saving, and then work towards forming Rûm...

2 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Because people pay for it.

Especially Trails/Falcom fans

That's... Unfortunate that some allow them to take advantage like that.

Oh, Lament of Innocence is still there.

I wonder if I should even bother. Unless I still remain in the holdout for Steam ports of some of this stuff...

Ah, just great, the only version of Tales of Phantasia they still have in the Japanese store is the PSP/Vita one.

I'm reminded I should've bought SRW Z when I had the chance. It got removed from the store years ago. Shame. The Classicverse Complete Box games are still there, though they'd certainly feel a bit archaic to play, hahaha. If only they had added the other PS2 games to the store than just Z... my Alpha collection will remain half-completed at this rate...

Well, I suppose I could get the Tales games that are still stuck in there (like Xillia and its sequel), if I were to get anything. Plus Lament of Innocence.

Edited by Acacia Sgt