Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

What are these names though? Podemos = we can. Sumar = add/addition. These aren't names these are just verbs. It's like if someone called their party the running party or something.

As oppose to such vast meaning gems like Republican, Democrat, Green, Libertarian, etc.

Meanwhile here most of our party names end up shortened into acronyms.

• Replies 177.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

As oppose to such vast meaning gems like Republican, Democrat, Green, Libertarian, etc.

I mean i don't think it's that deep either, especially Democrat. Like yes, a political party in a democratic system is called democrat, how clever.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

I mean i don't think it's that deep either, especially Democrat. Like yes, a political party in a democratic system is called democrat, how clever.

That was the point.

Or how a republic has a Republican party. Though at this point it's a misnomer now, I guess.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

41 minutes ago, Armagon said:

What are these names though? Podemos = we can. Sumar = add/addition. These aren't names these are just verbs. It's like if someone called their party the running party or something.

I mean, we got one that's literally just "the popular party." For a time we also had one called "citizens", which fell on its ass and disappeared between this election and the last. I suppose naming isn't our strongest suit.

Then again, why are they called democrats when they abide entirely by the US's republican system and show no signs of trying to swap to a pure democracy?

41 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Far-right ideology is ultimately a self-destructing ideology. Seems to be happening quicker in this case. 

I can only hope you're right. So far I've been deeply pessimistic, but who knows. Maybe I just give too much credit to the nameless voices of internet edgelords.

16 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Sooo which one's the nazis, exactly?

AFD.

SPD - Social democrats, center left Even if they are basically CDU in red anyway

CDU - Christian democrats, center right And their leader is making sure to push them to extreme right atm

Grüne - Greens. Center left with climate focus. 

FDP - Liberals. Fiscally conservative, socially progressive. Ready to throw their social progressive ideals under the bus for right wing economics tho, and the party i hate the most outside the Nazis. Rich people party. To americans this party is probably the closest to US democrats.

AFD - Nazis.

Linke - Left. Extreme Left. Would've liked them if they weren't full on tankies and Putin dick suckers

Sonstige - Others.

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

28 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I mean, we got one that's literally just "the popular party."

What happens when they aren't popular?

1 minute ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

AFD - Nazis.

Yeah so like how is this legal in Germany? Are they getting away with it by technically not calling themselves Nazis?

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Are they getting away with it by technically not calling themselves Nazis?

yes.

Even if they've been pushing that line and there's probably enough evidence now to ban them..

But after banning them, what? What will you do with ca. 1/5th of the voters? Wanna make a martyr out of them? 

In one of the states they were banned in the state elections due to a "technical" error and bam another right wing party instantly replaced them.

9 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Link - Left

HYAAAH

Nah but jokes aside, and here I thought Vox being third was depressing. Jesus, best wishes to you guys.

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

What happens when they aren't popular?

They start calling Sanchez or Zapatero names.

Waking up to rare non anime gif teehee posting and Ruben bullying:

kYBgZDG.png

Here's a real election to vote for.

Spoiler

dIiqWvv.png

I don't know how many here know both characters. I mean, who actually plays through an entire route of 3 Houses?

Yes I am picking up a hobby specifically to avoid playing Conquest despite calling it S tier several times. It's a lot more relaxing than CQ, or politics, or politics about Fire Emblem, the most disgusting discussions.

7 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I gave him a chance to attain the glory he craves so. He better not squander it.

Yeah real great job buddy. He really got to shine for me.

3 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

Hide contents

dIiqWvv.png

I don't know how many here know both characters. I mean, who actually plays through an entire route of 3 Houses?

Spoiler

My money's on Nemesis.

12 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

Reveal hidden contents

dIiqWvv.png

Yes I am picking up a hobby specifically to avoid playing Conquest despite calling it S tier several times. It's a lot more relaxing than CQ, or politics, or politics about Fire Emblem, the most disgusting discussions.

Hmm... Nemesis or Nemesis, eh? Well, Nemesis did do a bunch of things that one could consider deplorable, but Nemesis also knows his lay of the land so I'm sure I could trust him for updates on the agriculture. Nemesis may have an imposing presence, but as the saying goes: "The Nemesis of my Nemesis is my Nemesis", so my vote's going to have to be Nemesis for 500, Alex. 

I definitely went the wrong way in the tutorial area for the Tears of the Kingdom. I booked it east from the shrine to the mountains, where my only way up was one small sliver of mountain that wasn’t icy (which I had to google what to do there because I knew there had to be a way to progress but it’s hard to find), then went to a shrine that gives me an ability which skips a box in the abilities list. After that, I went through the mines with no heavy weapons and broke all my weapons mining ore, only to find rocks at the other side of the mine (that I couldn’t fuse even if I knew that was an option, I just threw them at the gem rocks until they broke) and found a massive lake at the bottom of a hill where the only way to get a base for a raft is to grab a log from the top of the hill and bring it aaaall the way down. Then on the other side of that lake were several fans and logs to make rafts as well as a tutorial guy for raft building. Following that I end up in the last shrine which is connected to an area to the first one by a metal rail thing, which you would’ve been able to use from the get go because you already had ultra hand. But instead I went the complicated way. Exploration!

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

The Korok-duos are generally easier to find. 

I actually found any of those at my last post, it was all singletons. But this time I found like 3 duos.

There's 1000 of these fuckers btw.

As a rule of thumb, I don’t Sooks% open world games (I get bored). Is there an actual reward for getting them all or is it another massive korok shit?

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Green and Libertarian are pretty clear and straight to the point.

1 hour ago, Shaky Jones said:

kYBgZDG.png

Hey, if I have to hear about US politics all the time, this little corner of the internet should have to hear about my country's elections. It's only fair.

dIiqWvv.png

Damn but you're pretty good already. Pretty decent sharing and stuff. Nicely done.

Yeah real great job buddy. He really got to shine for me.

Ah yes, I remember that. Good times were had by all.

So the Leliana's Song DLC really makes Leliana lie to Heroofferelden during the main story in ways that are both weird and uninteresting. Like, she initially deflects questions about her past with the very transparent lie "I was a spy and then I found Jesus Andraste, it wasn't caused by any major event in my lie", but then later comes clean and tells the main character how she was betrayed by her mentor and (highly manipulative) lover... except that if you take the DLC at face value, she just told a story loosely based on real events.

Which could have been interesting if she was leaving out some more embarrassing parts, or some particularly evil actions, but nope. There's significant differences - did the events take place in Orlais or Fereldan; was she captured by Orlesian or Fereldan soldiers; how exactly and to whom did Marjolaine betray her; did she confront Marjolaine later or not - but none of them change the nature of her backstory. She was a spy when she was young, of the "for the fun of the game" variety, she was betrayed by the most important person in her life, that betrayal caused her to find Jesus Andraste. Why does she change every single detail while keeping the plot the same? The one change (or rather omission) that makes sense is that she doesn't tell Heroofferelden the part where Marjolaine also seduced a nun who (presumably, I think it's obligatory) had made a vow of chastity, since it would be reasonable that Leliana wouldn't want to shame her, especially because you probably talked to her around the time you recruited Leliana.

All that is a lot of words wasted when the real reasoning was almost certainly, "We should let this take place in Denerim so that we can reuse maps from the main campaign". Kind of a shame, really.

To be honest, I'm finding Leliana to be a bit disappointing in general. The whole spy backstory is almost entirely an informed attribute, other than her skill points in stealing and lockpicking. She's just a nice gal, advocating that you do nice things, and while that would make her a pleasant person in real life, she's honestly kinda boring as a character.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

My money's on Nemesis.

Are you kidding me? What is wrong with you?

1 hour ago, CyberZord said:

so my vote's going to have to be Nemesis for 500, Alex.

And then 500 Nemesi break through the giant TV screen. That's your prize. Unlucky.

12 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hey, if I have to hear about US politics all the time, this little corner of the internet should have to hear about my country's elections. It's only fair

The US fought for freedom. Spain fought to take it away and jumpscare the world with inquisitions. You lost this right ages ago.

But really, just vote for whichever puts Spain out of its misery faster.

16 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Damn but you're pretty good already. Pretty decent sharing and stuff. Nicely done.

Thank you grandpa, but that doesn't answer the question.

20 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ah yes, I remember that. Good times were had by all.

You gotta stop giving everyone 0 luck man! It's not healthy.

23 minutes ago, Sooks said:

There's 1000 of these fuckers btw.

As a rule of thumb, I don’t Sooks% open world games (I get bored). Is there an actual reward for getting them all or is it another massive korok shit?

i hate open worlds i hate open worlds i hate open worlds i hate open worlds 

23 minutes ago, gnip said:

So the Leliana's Song DLC really makes Leliana lie to Heroofferelden during the main story in ways that are both weird and uninteresting. Like, she initially deflects questions about her past with the very transparent lie "I was a spy and then I found Jesus Andraste, it wasn't caused by any major event in my lie", but then later comes clean and tells the main character how she was betrayed by her mentor and (highly manipulative) lover... except that if you take the DLC at face value, she just told a story loosely based on real events.

Which could have been interesting if she was leaving out some more embarrassing parts, or some particularly evil actions, but nope. There's significant differences - did the events take place in Orlais or Fereldan; was she captured by Orlesian or Fereldan soldiers; how exactly and to whom did Marjolaine betray her; did she confront Marjolaine later or not - but none of them change the nature of her backstory. She was a spy when she was young, of the "for the fun of the game" variety, she was betrayed by the most important person in her life, that betrayal caused her to find Jesus Andraste. Why does she change every single detail while keeping the plot the same? The one change (or rather omission) that makes sense is that she doesn't tell Heroofferelden the part where Marjolaine also seduced a nun who (presumably, I think it's obligatory) had made a vow of chastity, since it would be reasonable that Leliana wouldn't want to shame her, especially because you probably talked to her around the time you recruited Leliana.

All that is a lot of words wasted when the real reasoning was almost certainly, "We should let this take place in Denerim so that we can reuse maps from the main campaign". Kind of a shame, really.

To be honest, I'm finding Leliana to be a bit disappointing in general. The whole spy backstory is almost entirely an informed attribute, other than her skill points in stealing and lockpicking. She's just a nice gal, advocating that you do nice things, and while that would make her a pleasant person in real life, she's honestly kinda boring as a character.

I can't add much, since I didn't bother with this DLC either. Actually, I don't think I bothered with any DLC.

...Just that I read the word "chastity" and it reminded me that I put Zevran in a chastity cage. I still don't understand why that item exists, but I love it.

9 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

The US fought for freedom. Spain fought to take it away and jumpscare the world with inquisitions. You lost this right ages ago.

Yes, very freedom and much freedom, to be sure. The freedomest of them all, God bless the United States.

Thank you grandpa, but that doesn't answer the question.

Do I even need to answer it? Obviously I vote against the non-Hanneman Three Houses character by default.

You gotta stop giving everyone 0 luck man! It's not healthy.

So you say. But what is a Shaky Jones? A miserable little pile of bones!

Edited by Saint Rubenio

23 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I can't add much, since I didn't bother with this DLC either. Actually, I don't think I bothered with any DLC.

That would explain why you didn't find Shale, since Shale is DLC only and honestly quite difficult to miss if you go to the DLC map, standing in the middle of the town square with a big quest marker on top.

To make up a little for your shaleless run:

7624qJE.jpg

("it" is how Shale addresses the main character, which is just wonderfully petty)

39 minutes ago, gnip said:

That would explain why you didn't find Shale, since Shale is DLC only and honestly quite difficult to miss if you go to the DLC map, standing in the middle of the town square with a big quest marker on top.

To make up a little for your shaleless run:

7624qJE.jpg

("it" is how Shale addresses the main character, which is just wonderfully petty)

Shale did seem like a neat character. I just have this irrational behavior with this very specific kind of open-world exploration game where, when the game drops five DLC quests on me at the very start, I go "okay I'll do them at some point", and then I just hop from vanilla quest to vanilla quest and never get around to the DLC before I get tired of the game.