Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I just have this irrational behavior with this very specific kind of open-world exploration game where, when the game drops five DLC quests on me at the very start, I go "okay I'll do them at some point", and then I just hop from vanilla quest to vanilla quest and never get around to the DLC before I get tired of the game.

Understandable. I prefer it over the Final Fantasy approach of "Now that you got your airship, here's 45 sidequests, 67 minigames, and 890 treasure chests that you can get by backtracking (ignore the giant meteor literally about to crash and kill everybody)", but it still never feels quite appropriate to travel to the corners of Ferelden to find a Golem etc. when matters are pretty fucking pressing the entire time. For me, it helps that DA:O has a very modular structure, where once you've solved the Mage problem (one way or t'other), you have the choice to go solve the Human problem, or solve the Elf problem, or solve the Dwarf problem, or you go a-sidequestin', or you pick one of the DLC locations. It makes it easier to pace yourself when the content is cut in predetermined pieces that way.

(tbh, I find that the best kind of DLC is generally an expansion that explicitly takes place after the end of the main game, or maybe a prequel like Leliana' Song, which I did actually enjoy despite my annoyance at the inconsistencies. Squeezing more content into a game that has, hopefully, been created with a certain pacing in mind, doesn't work as well, generally speaking)

• Replies 177.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

20 minutes ago, gnip said:

Understandable. I prefer it over the Final Fantasy approach of "Now that you got your airship, here's 45 sidequests, 67 minigames, and 890 treasure chests that you can get by backtracking (ignore the giant meteor literally about to crash and kill everybody)", but it still never feels quite appropriate to travel to the corners of Ferelden to find a Golem etc. when matters are pretty fucking pressing the entire time. For me, it helps that DA:O has a very modular structure, where once you've solved the Mage problem (one way or t'other), you have the choice to go solve the Human problem, or solve the Elf problem, or solve the Dwarf problem, or you go a-sidequestin', or you pick one of the DLC locations. It makes it easier to pace yourself when the content is cut in predetermined pieces that way.

(tbh, I find that the best kind of DLC is generally an expansion that explicitly takes place after the end of the main game, or maybe a prequel like Leliana' Song, which I did actually enjoy despite my annoyance at the inconsistencies. Squeezing more content into a game that has, hopefully, been created with a certain pacing in mind, doesn't work as well, generally speaking)

Yeah, I think I agree with all of this, myself. When the game sets me on a path and then tells me to deviate from that path to do a billion optional sidequests, it tends to result in one of two things: I never do the sidequests, or I never do the main quest.

2 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Hmm

what should i pick for the next link

Shadow Dragon Fates remake?

SGW?

New Theory of Thracia?

JP SRPG game?

Make someone play SGW, dew it.

Saw a hedgehog under the window.

Nothing much else. It was cute. It also walked away slowly.

4 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

It would most likely be me if i decide on that. 06 is going with Pokemon

Ah, I see. Well, then use Kirin.

Yoooo Terry Town, yoooo Purah isn’t cringe anymore, yooooo the Jedi armor from the last game is back.

I can’t remember if gems and ores were useful for anything other than selling them, so I held on to some of them. I think they might’ve helped with dyeing clothes in the last game, which is very important.

49 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Hmm

what should i pick for the next link

Shadow Dragon Fates remake?

I was actually 2% thinking about Shadow Dragon

49 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

JP SRPG game?

No, US SRPG game

13 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I gave him a chance to attain the glory he craves so. He better not squander it.

Aint much glory to be had with a pet spider named Melville Lol 😆

First thing I thought of when I saw that was these two 

12 hours ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

You say that with such relish. If you only knew the salvific power of booze!

Don't be too hard on him. It just aint everybody's thing

Hell, I do like a cold beer sometimes but it wouldn't be my thing either if I didn't have the kind of job where's if you smoke a joint on your day off you can lose your job 3 weeks later if you get popped for a random, which to me is just bullshit

19 hours ago, Jotari said:

I've removed the events for the tutorial. Try to download it again and tell me if there are any issues.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w67ntttxy3rrmr9/FallOfThabesRelease.zip?dl=0

Looks like its all good now. It at least runs past where it was messing up for me anyway

Thank you for doing that

18 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

wanna join?

Yes, but with Shadow Dragon? Eh not sure, especially if the “thing” this time is non FE games, although finding one will be tough…

Edited by Sooks

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Yes, but with Shadow Dragon? Eh not sure, especially if the “thing” this time is non FE games, although finding one will be tough…

I mean, non-FE games only for those who want. Heck, if you join with Shadow Dragon i might go non Fe myself.

5 hours ago, Sooks said:

But instead I went the complicated way. Exploration

Tears of the Kingdom is a funny game. There are no wrong answers, only right ones.

5 hours ago, Sooks said:

As a rule of thumb, I don’t Sooks% open world games (I get bored). Is there an actual reward for getting them all or is it another massive korok shit?

Korok shit lol.

There is another collectible that actually does have a bonus but tangible reward. Those Bubblefrogs in the caves? Kill them.

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yes, very freedom and much freedom, to be sure. The freedomest of them all, God bless the United States.

Showing the world why we don't have free healthcare

26 minutes ago, Sooks said:

can’t remember if gems and ores were useful for anything other than selling them, so I held on to some of them. I think they might’ve helped with dyeing clothes in the last game, which is very important.

Fuse. Fusing a Ruby to your Shield increases cold resistance. Fusing a Sapphire to your Shield increases your heat resistance (also with weapons but shields last longer). Gems also have the biggest AoE when thrown/fused to arrows.

Gems also sell for less in this game.

6 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I mean, non-FE games only for those who want. Heck, if you join with Shadow Dragon i might go non Fe myself.

I’ll think about it. Does 06 know what Pokémon game they’re doing?

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Tears of the Kingdom is a funny game. There are no wrong answers, only right ones.

I mean hopefully but in this case it was like math class where there’s the answer, the way you’re supposed to get to it, and the way you can bullshit yourself to it doing 5 extra steps because it’s the one part of the test you don’t remember. I picked that one.

There is another collectible that actually does have a bonus but tangible reward. Those Bubblefrogs in the caves? Kill them.

Oh yeah, I was thinking that’s why those things they drop appear in the key items part of the menu.

Fuse. Fusing a Ruby to your Shield increases cold resistance. Fusing a Sapphire to your Shield increases your heat resistance (also with weapons but shields last longer). Gems also have the biggest AoE when thrown/fused to arrows.

Why do you care about the resistance of your shield? Unless it like, stops it from catching on fire or something.

24 minutes ago, Capt. Fargus said:

Looks like its all good now. It at least runs past where it was messing up for me anyway

Thank you for doing that

Thank you for playing. And sorry for the inconvenience.

17 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Why do you care about the resistance of your shield? Unless it like, stops it from catching on fire or something.

I meant your temperature resistance.