• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

15 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

NOOOOOOO YOU SHOULD'VE WAITED UNTIL YOU FINISHED THE LANDSMEET

Ugh, at least tell me you brought Alistair and Wynne with you, they special dialogue

That is good information for the inevitable replay.

(I do kinda want a world state for the sequels in which Heroofferelden had been more involved with more things than the Mage origin. Maybe human noble, maybe a dwarf to have a stake in the conflict for the throne - probably commoner dwarf because I kinda like Bheren's ruthlessness and a commoner would definitely side with him. I'll definitely keep playing my Arcane Archer until the end of the regular campaign and then maybe do a playthrough as a warrior or rogue from which I continue into Awakening and the other expansions that take place after the main game)

(I'm thinking Warrior or Rogue Archer, just alone to see the comparison, plus Leliana, Morrigan, and Wynne as an AW tank)

--

Anyway, my easily distracted butt booted up Europa Universalis again:

UEy9TGH.png

Rather lucky England start - almost immediately after winning the 100-year-war and planting my king on the French throne, I got a random personal union over Aragon, as well (which wasn't very likely because they had a different dynasty than me). Also, the Ottomans didn't attack Byzantium for more than 10 years, allowing me to do the good ol' no-CB-Blurple opener with some delay. And on top of that, I also managed to get to Mil tech 6 years ahead of the Ottomans, which is both rather odd (the Ottomans start with Mehmed II. who has incredible ruler stats) and very powerful (tech 6 is one of the most impactful ones to have):

7QKGS0I.png

So, I'm sitting there with a French personal union, Aragonese PU, Scottish vassal (you get a casus belli for that from England's mission tree), Leonese vassal (just now punched out of Castile), and Byzantine vassal.

I'm also on a decent path to be elected Holy Roman Emperor, although maybe not just yet - my old king died just after siring an heir, so I have 12-13 years of queen regency left as of typing this, and if the Austrian ruler (who's in his fifties) dies before that, I won't be eligible as emperor. But I have three electors allied and they all would've voted for the old king, so hopefully, I'll get the HRE at the next opportunity. This run is with the newest achievement for England in mind, which has "become Holy Roman Emperor" as one of its requirements.

21 hours ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

I can’t believe I’m saying this but Shrimp-kun you’re drunk, go to bed. Also you can’t consent when you’re drunk.

I actually aint had a beer since Sunday believe it or not

10 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

FE6 decided to eat all the turn events in chapter 16x when I tried adding Catalena.

I always knew pegasus are the worst class. She's lucky she has a better design than every single pegasus knight in the series aside from Syrene. Much like the other falco boss.

Alright, you need to quit beatin up on my loyal mage killers pegasus knights 😤

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Lol

I don’t get the whole point of that term

Granted I dunno shit about the culture in Japan but the bomb has still gotta be a sore subject for some. Why rub salt in the wound??

9 minutes ago, Capt. Fargus said:

I don’t get the whole point of that term

It started because Barbie and Oppenheimer released on the same day, two completely different tonal movies. The Animal Crossing/Doom release date if you will.

But then the official account in Japan did the meme and obviously it came off as tasteless. To my knowledge, the average Japanese isn't like, bitter about the nukes but they see it as a tragic reminder and a cautionary tale. But then Twitter Japan users are responding with 9/11 memes because it's like a "see how you like it" i guess but uh....Americans are too poisoned with irony.

I may have found someone with a chin to give Bors a run for his money.

Portrait_heddwyn_fe09.png

This completely random, forgettable boss from Path of Radiance with an unpronounceable name. Not only does he have a double chin, one of his chins is an ass chin. That's actually amazing.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

@Saint Rubenio all in all Sparks of Hope's DLC looks real meaty. I think it's a good deal for $20 that probably gets it's own sales anyways.

Yeah, when I'm feeling like grabbing the Switch again I ought to check all of this out.

57 minutes ago, Capt. Fargus said:

Alright, you need to quit beatin up on my loyal mage killers pegasus knights 😤

Hey, I want to like peggie knights. It's not my fault they all look identical, and have the same set of personalities, and can't muster the strength to one-round mages and can't lift half their available weaponry.

...Syrene is way cool though.

38 minutes ago, Armagon said:

P7Dw2A.gif

Okay, but is he being found guilty? I've been seeing charges and more charges but I'm still skeptical he'll actually see the inside of a cell, with his wealth.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Okay, but is he being found guilty? I've been seeing charges and more charges but I'm still skeptical he'll actually see the inside of a cell, with his wealth.

Just saying, but the DOJ record is 99.6% convict rate. If it took two years for the indictment to come, it's because they were making sure it's a sealed tight case.

Pray Trump isn't part of the 0.4%.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

14 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Just saying, but the DOJ record is 99.6% convict rate. If it took two years for the indictment to come, it's because they were making sure it's a sealed tight case.

Pray Trump isn't part of the 0.4%.

I'd save my prayers for the very real possibility that the States get the first felon president in their, and I'm pretty sure just any, history.

45 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

What Acacia said. Main obstacle I think in regards to him stealing docs is the judge on the case (this is a separate case I think) is a confirmed Trump hack but no doubt the DOJ is gonna try to get it moved to a more neutral place.

24 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I'd save my prayers for the very real possibility that the States get the first felon president in their, and I'm pretty sure just any, history.

We probably would've gotten Nixon if Ford didn't pardon him.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

What Acacia said. Main obstacle I think in regards to him stealing docs is the judge on the case (this is a separate case I think) is a confirmed Trump hack but no doubt the DOJ is gonna try to get it moved to a more neutral place.

I don't think there can be such a thing as "neutral".

In any case, since it's the DOJ, the whole thing is gonna be on DC. It's already confirmed the judge appointed to the case to be an Obama-appointee who already has a record of being harsh on the Jan 6 protesters already declared guilty.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

don't think there can be such a thing as "neutral".

True lmao.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It's also worth pointing Georgia also has an indictment in preparation to be made as well, making it the fourth indictment once it happens.

Four indictments. One is potentially being sabotaged by the Trump hack but the rest are pretty much slam dunk cases.

Trump also keeps saying shit that can be used against him on his social media too.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hey, I want to like peggie knights. It's not my fault they all look identical, and have the same set of personalities, and can't muster the strength to one-round mages and can't lift half their available weaponry.

...Syrene is way cool though.

They certainly do alright by the time I get done with em, except perhaps Juno of course. Damn druids dont stand a chance 😎

Cold Steel IV Eventide:

Spoiler

With the final chapter upon us, it's time to party like the world's ending (because it is). Well not really, because everyone is chilling and hanging out at Mishelam instead. It's fun to see how everyone is spending their time together, and Falcom saved most of the character notes for this part of the game.

Sara feels a bit competitive tonight and starts a drinking contest for the ages. It answered questions I didn't know I had about each of the ladies' drinking habits. Although, it's a bit odd how KeA is the only person concerned about everyone getting hungover the night before a world-saving operation, even if Olivert saves the day with another reference to a previous game.

Surprisingly enough, you can actually defeat Cassius (in a card game). Millium too, how can she play if she's a spirit? Maybe she has Jusis hold her cards for her. More importantly, Cassius presides over Rean's final Eight Leaves exam and promotes him to Divine Blade. They grow up so fast...

The night concludes with Olivert popping the question to Schera, oof my heart... I had Rean romance Alisa, of course. It only took four games... but Olivert and Schera first met eight games ago, so it's been a long time coming in both cases. Anton also finally got his moment, it feels like just yesterday when I got the final chapter of Carnelia from him.

On 7/31/2023 at 3:49 PM, Interdimensional Observer said:

I know with 13 Sentinels it's "don't assume you know anything until the story is done".

There are plot twists up until the end of the game, but I wouldn't avoid speculation entirely. Some of your weirdest theories might turn out to be correct! Also, consider getting Pikmin.

19 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

Reverse psychology, I chose her and I have no regrets

"Cecile to marry another man? No, I don't want that. I want her to have feelings only for me, for ten years at least." -Guy Bannings

11 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

What's the next direction? How will Gust succeed the success story? I'm doubting it's two remakes in a row.

Gust is releasing Atelier games faster than Armagon can finish them.

9 hours ago, Armagon said:

The manual on Zemurian worldbuilding:

spongebob-list-gif.gif?fit=300,225

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

To my knowledge, the average Japanese isn't like, bitter about the nukes but they see it as a tragic reminder and a cautionary tale.

Reminds me the '45ers aren't exactly a perspective you see a whole lot. Though they are young, and Japanese, and not seeing the bigger picture of the Japanese imperialism that led to Japan's loss (certainly not helped by any propaganda they lived through) (not to justify any conventional, fire, or nuclear bombings that were carried out).

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Portrait_heddwyn_fe09.png

This completely random, forgettable boss from Path of Radiance with an unpronounceable name. Not only does he have a double chin, one of his chins is an ass chin. That's actually amazing.

Ah, Hedwin *Checks what his name actually is* ...Heddwyn ("Head-win" is how I'm guessing you say it), my memory was close. SF should have his few lines of dialogue here, but going off of memory, he wasn't a arrogant puppy-kicker, he did guard the tower containing tortured Laguz, but he wasn't overly racist, a cowardly and kinda pathetic soldier, albeit not one that'd abandon ship. He did have a Bolting, and that random S-rank Rexbolt tome despite Rexflame & 'calibur not showing up in PoR. 

9 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

There are plot twists up until the end of the game, but I wouldn't avoid speculation entirely. Some of your weirdest theories might turn out to be correct!

Got it. The Deimos were created when Daimos turned into pure energy and got corrupted before returning to a physical form.

11 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Also, consider getting Pikmin.

As I said before, I played 1 and 2 as a child, I don't think the gameplay I ever truly fell in love with, though I didn't dislike it. And, certain enemies, namely of the insect type, would possibly creep me out playing the game, such as the Legs family. I only become more of a coward over the years- I'd didn't find Like Likes ewwwww stay away! as a child, though I do now.

16 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Gust is releasing Atelier games faster than Armagon can finish them.

I'm glad I haven't played any of the franchise except some black sheep relics -yet. When I get to the modern stuff, I don't think I'll be obsessed with trying to see it all, this is Atelier, not Trails. I could probably mostly pick & play the trilogies I want or even select singular games within the trios.

Bro i swore the Ninja Turtles movie was next week, not tomorrow.

34 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Though they are young, and Japanese, and not seeing the bigger picture of the Japanese imperialism that led to Japan's loss

I know Japan gets accused of war crime denial like most nations on the planet but i wonder how much of it is the conservatives vs progressives, the old vs the young.

34 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

As I said before, I played 1 and 2 as a child, I don't think the gameplay I ever truly fell in love with, though I didn't dislike it.

I played 3. As much as i like to dunk on the series, i think 3's gameplay was aight. Just not something i needed to play through again.

50 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I could probably mostly pick & play the trilogies I want or even select singular games within the trios.

I think i referred you this site before.

https://barrelwisdom.com/blog/atelier-series-guide

In case you need guidance on where to go next.