Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Awesome. Well, I'm not going to be able to go to the city much for reasons, so at least I shouldn't have much trouble. Hopefully. Just the usual "why the fuck is football on the national news" annoyance.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

*que Ruben getting to nuke FIFA headquarters cause he wants to get some sleep (rabid soccer fans don't let him)*

Nah, I must save my nukes for Japan.

1 hour ago, gnip said:

In Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge, the titular villain is revived (well, "revived", he becomes a zombie pirate) by a voodoo priest, who is using his still living beard for the necessary ritual.

In Curse of Monkey Island, the 3rd game of the series, LeChuck is brought back to life again, this time as a... demonic zombie or something? I dunno, I remember the specifics being very vague. Somehow, LeChuck returned. In any case, he obviously still has a beard. Made out of pure fire.

fhuhyDa.png

I forgot Monkey Island 2 revolved around LeChuck's beard. That's super based, as is the fire beard. Real creative shit, I salute this man.

• Replies 180.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

SBD-Pile-Driver-2.png

My favorite method of vampire eradication (and now I remember why I don't usually screen capture via the emulator's command).

Swapped out the solar patch I tried for a different one, which fixed that problem. The game still won't save, but save states let me work around that.

Game felt decidedly different from the first one. Whereas the first Boktai gave you a pretty easy little dungeon and harmless boss to ease you into it, the sequel tosses you into a full-length dungeon right away. Even the weakest of grunts also hits fairly hard and takes a couple hits to vanquish. Not helping was a paucity of healing items and not enough of the big green crystals that contain infinite life fairies (I see this is where Lunar Knights's limited inventory and expiring healing items came from). The first boss was easy enough, but drawn out in part because I had no healing items and had to be very cautious. The puzzles were more numerous and slightly more complicated than I would've thought they'd be to start too. Overall, a rough beginning.

Nonetheless, the game kept my 😱 muted as I played it, I'll take that. I can't really play any more today, given it's not too far off from sundown IRL rn.

4 hours ago, gnip said:

In Curse of Monkey Island, the 3rd game of the series, LeChuck is brought back to life again, this time as a... demonic zombie or something? I dunno, I remember the specifics being very vague. Somehow, LeChuck returned. In any case, he obviously still has a beard. Made out of pure fire.

Worth noting that he was still a zombie pirate at the start of Monkey Island 3. But he died during the first chapter in that game.
He was fighting Elaine at Plunder Island and Guybrush's shenanigans caused him to drop his own voodoo cannonball and blow himself up, leaving only his smoking boots behind.
When he later revived from the essence left in his boots, for some reason it was as a demon. I suppose he did mention that the voodoo cannonball has "demon flames". And he intended to blast Elaine with it to send her into the "other world". Though one would likely assume this means turning her into an undead creature of sorts, not a demon.
Still, I suppose as far as gaining powers goes, it probably still beats things like getting struck by lighting or getting bitten by a radioactive spider.

>Walmart

>Goes to tech section to find European power adapter

>It's not there

>I ask an employee

"Yeah it's over here"

>Takes me to travel section

"You'd think it'd be in the tech department but it's actually in the travel department"

>I cannot argue with this logic

30 minutes ago, Armagon said:

>Walmart

>It's not there

>I ask an employee

"Yeah it's over here"

"You'd think it'd be in the tech department but it's actually in the travel department"

I mean, it does make sense.

24 minutes ago, Armagon said:

F7nWw2XWkAALNxK.png?ex=65307b25&is=651e0

I better not see Ike/Soren fanboys start being corny.

Well, the good thing is that unlocking the Spotpass Paralogues is a "one and done" deal, so any subsequent playthrough will have them unlocked.

When I read early-mid last month that Major Depressive Disorder is usually defined as at least two weeks of symptoms, I thought "well, I'll be on the mend before then".

*Checks calendar*

It has been a month. It's no longer fresh and raw, but it oh, it's still here. My pulse elevated, the fear strong, those damnable thoughts of my inevitable, eventual final moments.😖 I wish this had only been two weeks. I'm genuinely concerned now that the ballet on which a good $160 for tickets were spent, will be internally ruined by my obsession with the Black Swan Specter. This feels so engrained in me now, I don't think I'm consciously fixating, it has become almost as normalized as breathing. 

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Weirdly, it would seem that plugs and sockets have more worldwide variety than you would expect.

Opera_Snapshot_2023-10-04_223211_webcour

Opera_Snapshot_2023-10-04_223223_webcour

Dawg what kinda midterm project is this? Why am i being signed up for a Coca-Cola contest against my will?

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I mean, it does make sense

Right but like tech is the first place people would look.

43 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Weirdly, it would seem that plugs and sockets have more worldwide variety than you would expect.

Yeah, when i went to Venezuela, i didn't have to do anything but it seems even in South America there is variation.

Edited by Armagon

Opera_Snapshot_2023-10-04_224022_drive.g

Oh so if i took this class next semester, i wouldn't have this as a midterm.

I'm genuinely questioning the legality of this. Not the contest but that a professor could make you sign up for it as part of an assignment.

11 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Are you sure you aren't attending class in Georgia? Because if there's a state where Coke would force themselves into the curricula...

Yes I've been to the Coke museum in Georgia. Was pretty cool actually.

But unless Georgia became part of Florida, I don't know how. Like I get the professor is also one of the people in charge this year but like ?????????

46 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Bah, it ain't true Coke unless you use actual sugarcane.

I don't drink it, btw.

Same, if I want a sugary beverage, it'd be those kid-marketed fruit juices🧃 (1/3~1/2-diluted with water b/c they're so sugary that even reduced they taste the same).

And if I wanted sugarcane, I'd watch video on the history of the stuff (which I actually did today).🤓

LOLOLOLOLOL I got Akio for the locked shed scene... XD

Looks like it's Yukine's route now. At least Sunohara suffering is a universal constant. lol

Edited by Acacia Sgt

3 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Hm? 6668? Or is this that case about moderators having a different number of posts per page?

Even then, it'd be another 300 pages until 6969. That'll take another four months, if the pace keeps about the same.

edit: I think deleted posts are technically just hidden - after the last (?) big forum update, you'd occasionally see some of them even as a normal user, so that would explain why Parrhesia has an extra page for this thread.

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

I better not see Ike/Soren fanboys start being corny.

I don't particularly care about any ships, but I also don't need any excuse to disregard stupid fanservice characters.

Edited by gnip

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

>Walmart

>It's not there

>I ask an employee

"Yeah it's over here"

Of course it's in the travel department. Why else would you need savage power adapters in the Land of Freedom? C'mon, Armagon, are you even an American?

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

Dawg what kinda midterm project is this? Why am i being signed up for a Coca-Cola contest against my will?

College, now sponsored by CocaCola.

I do love how, if you end up winning the contest, you get rewarded with additional work for the midterm. That's just hilarious.

2 hours ago, gnip said:

I don't particularly care about any ships, but I also don't need any excuse to disregard stupid fanservice characters.

Hey, Gangrel deserves to live. He's the best Awakening character. He should've been the main villain. And the protagonist. And the love interest. Every character should've been Gangrel. Except Gregor. If that was the case, I might not have skipped the entire story of Awakening past chapter 11.

5 hours ago, Parrhesia said:

nice page number

Almost.

Hey, your hack looks super cool. Love a game that lets me put bossmen in my team. One of these days I need to find the time to actually play it so I can beat it with only bossmen.