• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

19 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Holy shit no but seriously. Are all food rations in the US whale-sized?

Idk the subs at this place

IMG20231009181158.jpg?ex=6536d8bd&is=652

Were pretty normal-sized for my American mind.

Btw I can not upload all the pictures today. I gotta rise early tomorrow. Like real early. Like 5 AM. 

But I will say, what is whale-sized is the toilets. I nearly fell in one trying to sit down, what the hell.

Maybe it's the shape. Fucking square-ass toilets, who made this and where I can beat them up.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

IMG20231009181158.jpg?ex=6536d8bd&is=652

Were pretty normal-sized for my American mind.

Ach, you see, you walked into a whale-caretaker organization's HQ by mistake. Trust me, it's true. You can trust me, I'm Spainish. Conesa means whale in Spanish.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

But I will say, what is whale-sized is the toilets. I nearly fell in one trying to sit down, what the hell.

Maybe it's the shape. Fucking square-ass toilets, who made this and where I can beat them up.

It's probably just your place. It's a weird place without locks on the bathroom door and giant toilets.

...Or maybe Americans are just too small. Little man, can't sit on big manly Spanish toilet. Play anime.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Conesa means whale in Spanish.

....what? Is this your way of saying this was a corpo and not a local store (I mean the place did have pictures from ye olden times when it was founded but maybe that was a different place, I didn't get a good look?.

Oh hey speaking of store, I saw not one but two sex shops. Just out in the open. Products on full display on the windows. One of these was right in front of Cathedral del Mar or whatever the name was (it was a long those lines).

Imagine Pequeño Samuel seeing that and asking his mom "mama que es eso" and the mom has to say "eso son jugetes para gente adulta, no puedes jugar con eso".

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

....what? Is this your way of saying this was a corpo and not a local store (I mean the place did have pictures from ye olden times when it was founded but maybe that was a different place, I didn't get a good look?.

I was just messing with ya. You right into my trap, in America.

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Oh hey speaking of store, I saw not one but two sex shops. Just out in the open. Products on full display on the windows. One of these was right in front of Cathedral del Mar or whatever the name was (it was a long those lines).

Imagine Pequeño Samuel seeing that and asking his mom "mama que es eso" and the mom has to say "eso son jugetes para gente adulta, no puedes jugar con eso".

Samu, si hubiesemos frecuentado esos establecimientos más a menudo, tu no estarías aquí.

Poca pasta, por desgracia.

“Enormous space-based structures would support photovoltaic panels that collect sunlight and convert it into radio signals for transmission to Earth. …Space Solar Power Demonstrator. The craft has been in orbit since January 2023… and has successfully transmitted wireless energy in space for the first time."

Where my brain went.

fd75c5988ccaa1164ce2796a7be16895.jpg

Free poster with the magazine too.🤩 Other side is the so-called "Pillars of Creation" gas & dust clouds.

hs-2015-01-c-xlarge_web.jpg?fit=1227,128

14 hours ago, Armagon said:

The strategist guy there was so smart, his plans worked even when they didn't.

And like you're never told about this until after they happened. Like there's a scene where the enemy is tricked into attacking itself at night but like you think it's the good guys vs the bad guys and then it's revealed that they were fighting itself and then the strategist goes "ah yes, all according to my expectations" and you never even heard about this before then.

I appreciate appreciation of brains in war, but turning tacticians into gods ends up destroying the concepts of weight and realism.

I did see someone comment this is a problem with Fire Emblem's writing. With a JRPG, you're a talking about a small handful of individuals fighting in a small place, it's easier to say they aren't able to cleanse everywhere of evil and keep it that way. FE operates with entire armies, conquer/liberating vast swathes of earth. Making a good narrative out of a situation where the heroes win again and again across entire countries is a steep challenge -so the opinion went.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Did you know that America actually differs from the usual norm in this regard?

Our butter is different too. Pasteurized butter in America, in Europe it's "cultured butter" apparently, which again, has a stronger flavor than the USA version of the same dairy product. 

It seems America prefers instantaneous safety in our cow juice stuff. Let's not forget about that loveable processed abomination called "American cheese".

11 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hey, that reminds me of Exit Fate - oh right, that game was blatant about drawing stuff from Suikoden. That one also had some pretty kickass tacticians playing mindgames on each other.

Suikoden did tacticians because despite being a JRPG, it always (barring the portable Tierkreis spinoff) had SRPG trappings. Pure decoration really, the handful of grand army battles in each game were short, simple, and either outright scripted or very difficult to lose.

51 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Holy shit no but seriously. Are all food rations in the US whale-sized?

Eh, not really, unless you're talking about eggs, beer, or certain brands of junk food.

Everything usually tops off at an single gallon or 12-20 units of something else. Meat is kind of different in the sense that you can get enough to fix dinner for an entire family and still have enough for some leftovers

Edited by Armchair General

6 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

“Enormous space-based structures would support photovoltaic panels that collect sunlight and convert it into radio signals for transmission to Earth. …Space Solar Power Demonstrator. The craft has been in orbit since January 2023… and has successfully transmitted wireless energy in space for the first time."

Where my brain went.

YOU GET TO BURNING

Soon we'll have an actual Nergal Enterprises...

7 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Our butter is different too. Pasteurized butter in America, in Europe it's "cultured butter" apparently, which again, has a stronger flavor than the USA version of the same dairy product. 

In general it's said that Europe has more healthier food, even the Coca-Cola isn't as sweet. Imma be real, i don't taste the difference. They are putting ice in the soda though so at least they aren't that much of a heathen i mean, they usually serve it in the can from the freezer.

Also, unrelated but a lot of Argentinans in Barcelona. I don't think i ever met this many Argentinans back home. Also why is Puerto Rico stealing Catalunya's flag? They legit just changed the colors lmao.

14 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Suikoden did tacticians because despite being a JRPG, it always (barring the portable Tierkreis spinoff) had SRPG trappings. Pure decoration really, the handful of grand army battles in each game were short, simple, and either outright scripted or very difficult to lose.

Yeah, so I heard... because Exit Fate also had those. In that one they were... okay. Not like, masterpieces of SRPG gameplay, but they required some thought.

14 hours ago, Armchair General said:

Eh, not really, unless you're talking about eggs, beer, or certain brands of junk food.

Everything usually tops off at an single gallon or 12-20 units of something else. Meat is kind of different in the sense that you can get enough to fix dinner for an entire family and still have enough for some leftovers

Fair enough.

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

In general it's said that Europe has more healthier food, even the Coca-Cola isn't as sweet.

I've heard that your vegetables don't taste. I couldn't imagine living without the occasional vegetable stew...

Also, unrelated but a lot of Argentinans in Barcelona. I don't think i ever met this many Argentinans back home.

I mean, yeah. This is a Spanish-speaking country, you'll find lots of immigrants from other Spanish-speaking countries. What, you thought only the US gets immigration?

6 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Can we stop living in interesting times...?

If only.

25 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I couldn't imagine living without the occasional vegetable stew...

I can. I hate vegetables. Beans are the only good ones and only if they're black or red.

25 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

What, you thought only the US gets immigration?

US gets the most /s

Nah but I was moreso talking about the concentration.

38 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I can. I hate vegetables. Beans are the only good ones and only if they're black or red.

I mean, American vegetables are shit so you can't really know

I dislike most veggies dry, as well, but a good vegetable stew is incredible. You gotta let it lie for a day, though. The day you make it it's water with things in it. Gotta let the water absorb the flavors.

38 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Nah but I was moreso talking about the concentration.

I've heard Barcelona is one of the places with the most immigrants, too.

24 minutes ago, Armagon said:

@Saint Rubenio 

IMG20231010140245.jpg?ex=6537b2af&is=652

It's over bro. Pack it up. Japan has invaded Spain.

Where is it? I'm going to burn it to the ground.

US gets the most /s

If Victoria 2 has taught me anything...

@Saint Rubenio 

IMG20231010140245.jpg?ex=6537b2af&is=652

It's over bro. Pack it up. Japan has invaded Spain.

39 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Where is it? I'm going to burn it to the ground.

Where were you in the 1610's?

Wargroove 2 is really quite fantastic. Better maps, much stronger writing, and really good times for fans of pirates and rodents...

It's just... MAN the game is glitchy. I lost count of the number of times the game crashed or froze on me.
Thankfully it's not as huge of a problem as it might sound. The game autosaves after every move and the loading times are really fast, even on the Switch. So you don't really lose time or progress.
But freezes are not only problem. For example I just had a glitch where I could control my cursor during the CPU's turn.
It really is just in an extremely glitchy state, sadly. Makes me dread what the game looked like weeks before release, considering all the stuff that's still in the release version.

29 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

It's just... MAN the game is glitchy. I lost count of the number of times the game crashed or froze on me.
Thankfully it's not as huge of a problem as it might sound. The game autosaves after every move and the loading times are really fast, even on the Switch. So you don't really lose time or progress.
But freezes are not only problem. For example I just had a glitch where I could control my cursor during the CPU's turn.

And this is why I rarely by stuff on release, lmao

Aaaaand Wargroove 2 froze during the end credits of the final story. Perfect. No better way to end this.

Of course I wouldn't have binged the game over the weekend if it wasn't so damn good. But also goddamn is it currently a mess.

It’s already in your walls.

Why shouldn’t Rubenio eat an anime as a anime eats forbidden things? . . . The war ate my sanity, damn them all . . . and the animes ate me with flames and burnt Grandsire Sanity and the secret . . .No, no, I tell you, I am not that daemon swineherd in the twilit grotto! It was not my face on that flabby, fungous thing! Who says I am not a wraith of the sidereal? They lived, but my sanity died! . . .Shall animes hold the lands of a Rubenio? . . . It’s voodoo, I tell you . . . that spotted snake . . . Curse you, sanity, I’ll teach you to faint at what animes do! . . . ’Sblood, thou stinkard, I’ll learn ye how to gust . . . wolde ye swynke me thilke wys? . . . Magna Mater! Magna Mater! . . . Atys . . . Dia ad aghaidh ’s ad aodann . . . agus bas dunach ort! Dhonas ’s dholas ort, agus leat-sa! . . . Ungl . . . ungl . . . rrrlh . . . chchch . . .

Edited by Sidereal Wraith

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

It already in your walls.

I have no super anime in my walls.

Now watch Shrimpers pop out of nowhere like a same-turn reinforcement to tell me FE is anime.

6 hours ago, Armchair General said:

And this is why I rarely by stuff on release, lmao

Wise. I wish I could have that restraint sometimes, I've bought a few games on release that I've gone on to regret. It's easy to think you've got something all figured out from pre-release footage.

1 hour ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

Why shouldn’t Rubenio eat an anime as a anime eats forbidden things? . . . The war ate my sanity, damn them all . . . and the animes ate me with flames and burnt Grandsire Sanity and the secret . . .No, no, I tell you, I am not that daemon swineherd in the twilit grotto! It was not my face on that flabby, fungous thing! Who says I am not a wraith of the sidereal? They lived, but my sanity died! . . .Shall animes hold the lands of a Rubenio? . . . It’s voodoo, I tell you . . . that spotted snake . . . Curse you, sanity, I’ll teach you to faint at what animes do! . . . ’Sblood, thou stinkard, I’ll learn ye how to gust . . . wolde ye swynke me thilke wys? . . . Magna Mater! Magna Mater! . . . Atys . . . Dia ad aghaidh ’s ad aodann . . . agus bas dunach ort! Dhonas ’s dholas ort, agus leat-sa! . . . Ungl . . . ungl . . . rrrlh . . . chchch . . .

Thanks, Wraith. I appreciate your sympathy.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I am flying to Vigo tomorrow real early so once again I can't really upload pictures today.

Have fun in the Galician lands.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Now watch Shrimpers pop out of nowhere like a same-turn reinforcement to tell me FE is anime.

It's be Berwick is anime instead.

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Have fun in the Galician lands.

He should go through el Camino de Santiago.

1 hour ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

Wraith when browsing Serenesforest:

(11:18, if the timestamp doesn't work)