• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Pick your poison:

"Technically not family" Corncob

"Technically an adult" Elise

"Technically human" Garon

Thinking about it I feel like marrying the child units in Fates is far more icky than in Awakening just because the Fates children don't have the time travel explanation for why they're adults, and many of them don't feel like adults.

In Awakening the children are all around the same age as the adults because they might as well be from a different world, but the Fates children are born, raised, wedded, and parent their own child if they marry Corrin, within the events of the story in the time span of what I assume is a year. Corrin marrying any of them is like a sped up version of a friend of the parent trying to get with their child that they knew as a baby.

Chrom and Lucina always felt to me like the intended love interests for the Robin's depending on what gender they are, and by extension, what the developers assume the gender of the player is. So if you're a straight guy you marry Lucina, but if you're a straight girl who wants to marry someone like Lucina you marry Chrom.

Azura and Shigure in Fates follow a similar path, they both look similar and act similar, And one is voice by Matt Mercer but marrying Shigure always felt weird to me because there is no way in hell that guy is of legal age.

Shigure: It's strange... I can't seem to hit the right notes. I used to be able to sing this song perfectly. I remember the lyrics and the melody. How can this be?
Azura: That's a part of growing up. Your voice has changed. We used to sing the same... But now that your voice is lower, it isn't possible for you to hit those notes.
Shigure: O-oh... That makes sense. Hmm... I guess there's nothing I can really do. It's a little bit bittersweet.

kid is still going through puberty yet can still be Kana's father.

And this is for the majority of Fates child units, they are significantly more child-coded in design and personality than in Awakening, yet they can all still be married to either each other or to Corrin.

31 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Marry Izana instead. There is nothing wrong with marrying Izana.

Other than the constant feeling of inadequacy when comparing one's own hair to his, of course.

23 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Thinking about it I feel like marrying the child units in Fates is far more icky than in Awakening just because the Fates children don't have the time travel explanation for why they're adults, and many of them don't feel like adults.

In Awakening the children are all around the same age as the adults because they might as well be from a different world, but the Fates children are born, raised, wedded, and parent their own child if they marry Corrin, within the events of the story in the time span of what I assume is a year. Corrin marrying any of them is like a sped up version of a friend of the parent trying to get with their child that they knew as a baby.

Chrom and Lucina always felt to me like the intended love interests for the Robin's depending on what gender they are, and by extension, what the developers assume the gender of the player is. So if you're a straight guy you marry Lucina, but if you're a straight girl who wants to marry someone like Lucina you marry Chrom.

Azura and Shigure in Fates follow a similar path, they both look similar and act similar, And one is voice by Matt Mercer but marrying Shigure always felt weird to me because there is no way in hell that guy is of legal age.

Shigure: It's strange... I can't seem to hit the right notes. I used to be able to sing this song perfectly. I remember the lyrics and the melody. How can this be?
Azura: That's a part of growing up. Your voice has changed. We used to sing the same... But now that your voice is lower, it isn't possible for you to hit those notes.
Shigure: O-oh... That makes sense. Hmm... I guess there's nothing I can really do. It's a little bit bittersweet.

kid is still going through puberty yet can still be Kana's father.

And this is for the majority of Fates child units, they are significantly more child-coded in design and personality than in Awakening, yet they can all still be married to either each other or to Corrin.

Fates is a completely morally bankrupt game. A funny morally bankrupt game that's genuinely amazing gameplay-wise and a game I love, more than most even because I liked all routes... but morally bankrupt nonetheless.

6 minutes ago, gnip said:

Other than the constant feeling of inadequacy when comparing one's own hair to his, of course.

You just have to accept you can't defeat the godlike.

Just been thinking for a while now how Doctor Who handles it's legacy characters with honestly way more respect than Star Wars does. It's not a series that's seemingly reliant on bringing back the Glup Shitto every two episodes.

23 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

but marrying Shigure always felt weird to me because there is no way in hell that guy is of legal age.

Tbf outside of being an outright child, like, physically looking like a child, "is this character of age" is not something Fire Emblem really cares for. I mean, you can have Arden marry Sylvia even though Arden's like 30 and Sylvia's 14.

Fates' problem is that not all children are created equal. You can make the argument that Soleil is 18 but then Percy is very clearly like 10 years old and yet there's no limits.

I wonder how many people playing Dark Souls Remastered never played the Artorias part, considering how convoluted it is to actually access.

The fact that the large crystal golem at the lake only appears after an additional loading screen is strange enough as is. You would likely explore that corner of the lake immediately after fighting the hydra, find nothing and then never go back there. But then the DLC adding on top of that with a portal at the same location as the golem that only appears after you beat the golem, but also requires yet another loading screen for it to actually appear is most certainly a choice.

I don't know why they did that. I mean, the body with Dusk's gear just instantly appears after you summon her at the shoreline. Don't see why the golem and the portal couldn't just have been spawned in the same way.

2 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I fucking game over'd at the last section ;_;

And now i gotta retry from the very beginning....

Why are lives a thing again ;_;

This is why I haven't finished most Mario games, as fun as they at first I always get more frustrated with them than anything.

50 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It has just dawned on me that, not counting KagaSaga, I have Revelation listed as my 5th favorite FE.

I am such a fucking contrarian, I surprise myself sometimes.

My opinions on Rev have definitely soured since I played it for the first time but in replaying it recently on my own I still enjoyed it, it's far from being the terrible tedious hell that part of the community says it is.

5 hours ago, gnip said:

Oof, I missed that at first. Hope it keeps getting better.

Seems to be doing well so far

23 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I just wrote a support with a royal. A Xander support.

...I made it all about Garon.

I guess that boy has daddy issues...

4 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

Yeah, they did uncomfortably child code far too many of the Fates kids. If only the Avatar didn't have to be able to romance the whole cast...

4 hours ago, gnip said:

Izana's award winning hair getting in the way of his love...

1 hour ago, BrightBow said:

The fact that the large crystal golem at the lake only appears after an additional loading screen is strange enough as is. You would likely explore that corner of the lake immediately after fighting the hydra, find nothing and then never go back there. But then the DLC adding on top of that with a portal at the same location as the golem that only appears after you beat the golem, but also requires yet another loading screen for it to actually appear is most certainly a choice.

Its the loading screens that make them so seemingly obscure. Although if you end up taking that path to Sif instead of paying for the 20k for the key you will probably pass through there enough to stumble upon its oddities.

57 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

BIG OOFS...

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It has just dawned on me that, not counting KagaSaga, I have Revelation listed as my 5th favorite FE.

I am such a fucking contrarian, I surprise myself sometimes.

10 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

My opinions on Rev have definitely soured since I played it for the first time but in replaying it recently on my own I still enjoyed it, it's far from being the terrible tedious hell that part of the community says it is.

My Rev opinion has generally been that it is a game that is bad, unless you are playing it with some kind of challenge run in mind, and then it shines. Same opinion I ended up having with Shadow Dragon really.

No context Sakurai

P708LsC.jpg

I figured out that you can get to the Deku Forest from the depths, which I previously suspected but I didn't feel like going there at the time. Not that I actually know what to do in the Deku Forest, mind you.

8nkBI6n.jpg

50e0el.jpg

On 11/1/2023 at 3:36 PM, Armagon said:

At least Indohyus still has Elomeryx and Anthracotherium to hang out with. Those will only evolve into semiaquatic mammals.

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Fates is a completely morally bankrupt game. A funny morally bankrupt game that's genuinely amazing gameplay-wise and a game I love, more than most even because I liked all routes... but morally bankrupt nonetheless.

I'll just dodge all the weird pairings and romance Azura instead... dang it!

45 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Honestly, I think I might end up liking it more than Conquest. At this point I can't deny it, I'm too much of an idiot to enjoy Conquest. Or maybe I don't use enough save states. Either way, the truth is that I have abandoned as many runs of Conquest as I have finished and haven't felt the slightest inclination to return to it in almost two years. Rev has more characters I like, lets me fool around more without fucking myself, has just enough difficulty to be engaging without driving me to tears and offers the funniest cutscene in the series. It's just more enjoyable to return to.

I don't know. This might just be the contrarian opinion to beat them all. I really, really wish it wasn't the case. But Conquest is too much for my small brain. That, and NOTHING in Rev can beat some of Conquest's worst maps, especially Kitsune Hell, it's a game of high highs but VERY low lows

33 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

I guess that boy has daddy issues...

I made him ask Izana what happened to change him like that. Izana tells him it broke Garon's heart to notice that his own son feared him (he stated in the Sakura support that Garon was the most terrifying person he knew) and Xander blames himself for his change. Izana doesn't want to tell him the full truth, but reassures him that it wasn't his fault.

...Then they kissed and fucked. Because it's Fates.

33 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

My Rev opinion has generally been that it is a game that is bad, unless you are playing it with some kind of challenge run in mind, and then it shines. Same opinion I ended up having with Shadow Dragon really.

Hey, that might be why I loved it lol, I did generics only and it fixed the game.

Still of that opinion honestly. Rev's base unit balance is dreadful. But hey, that just means more pet projects for me. Gunter bad? I'll show you Gunter bad...

4 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Marry Izana. There is no issue with Izana.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

2 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Turn online and pray someone set up standees in the particularly brutal sections 

1 hour ago, GuardianSing said:

I can't call Rev bad game design when Kaga games exists /s

43 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Viva España.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

I can't call Rev bad game design when Kaga games exists /s

I don't know, man. I want to hate this statement, but on the other hand, only two Kaga games beat Rev according to my tier list. The best games, but only two.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Viva España.

C'mon now...