Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

14 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Trying to groom Ryan into becoming a Sniper has just not gone well. Really should have feed all those kills to Gordon. With his starting level he is practically a mini-Tomas anyway.

Definitely quite a few things I would have liked to do differently. Maybe I should restart.

Give Arran all the shards and train him.

3 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

No, thanks. No Engage mods. I've had enough loading screens and running around hubs for a year or two. I'll stick with Fates for now.

• Replies 180.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Hmm...

I thought I was set with how I'd upload the next chapter of TDatP, but now I feel I should finish the battle sequence and upload it as a single chapter after all. I don't know, I feel dissatisfied with splitting it up, I guess. Even if it means the chapter will be much longer than the previous ones. I might be fine with it after all.

Astram actually has Snipers among his pursuit squad in Book 2. You can tell they know just how strong Palla and Catria are.

Of course the solution to that is to simply snipe him with Palla and Catria right before seizing.

Edited by BrightBow

1 hour ago, BrightBow said:

Astram actually has Snipers among his pursuit squad in Book 2. You can tell they know just how strong Palla and Catria are.

Of course the solution to that is to simply snipe him with Palla and Catria right before seizing.

The strongest man in the continent. Be the mystery new or old, one thing remains constant: Murdering Astram to get his sword earlier is the optimal play.

23 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The strongest man in the continent. Be the mystery new or old, one thing remains constant: Murdering Astram to get his sword earlier is the optimal play.

I don't know if it's optimal. I just think he is a douchebag. Astram needs to stop aiding the enemies of his wife. Guy did this twice in less than two years.

Admittedly that wasn't intentional. I just wanted to check what he says, so I made a savestate. Or at least I thought I did, except I accidentally made a screenshot instead. So I had to commit. Guy wouldn't even have died if Palla didn't crit his sorry ass with an Iron Lance.
Oh well, just like back when I ended up having to kill Tharja, nothing of value was lost. And I actually got a nice sword out of it too.

Edited by BrightBow

26 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

I don't know if it's optimal. I just think he is a douchebag. Astram needs to stop aiding the enemies of his wife. Guy did this twice in less than two years.

Actually, both events are closer to three years apart, not less than two. Anyway...

For the first time he was more like coerced, considering Midia was thrown in a jail cell. And I doubt Grust would tell him she was rescued.

For the second time he's certainly too quick to believe in the anti-Marth propaganda, but then what evidence can Marth present to convince him of otherwise? Only because enough time has passed without seeing or hearing any sign of Nyna that he can't deny something fishy is going on.

5 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

HsiuYcJ.png

So, what's the name of this Marie Antoinette manga?

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Actually, both events are closer to three years apart, not less than two. Anyway...

For the first time he was more like coerced, considering Midia was thrown in a jail cell. And I doubt Grust would tell him she was rescued.

For the second time he's certainly too quick to believe in the anti-Marth propaganda, but then what evidence can Marth present to convince him of otherwise? Only because enough time has passed without seeing or hearing any sign of Nyna that he can't deny something fishy is going on.

The timeskip between Book 1 and 2 is one year. I don't see how it could be a 3 year gap.

Considering that even Jeorge was able to recognize that Hardin turned into a tyrant, his blind devotion to Hardin is most certainly very questionable.

As to what Marth could present him... well, the Fire Emblem. Nyna already made Marth Akaneia's champion once again and the emblem is proof of that.

Just now, BrightBow said:

The timeskip between Book 1 and 2 is one year. I don't see how it could be a 3 year gap.

It's two, actually.

So those two years, then add the year the War of Shadows lasts, then add two more since the fall of Archanea and... actually, that makes Astram's first "betrayal" happen five years before the second.

Considering that even Jeorge was able to recognize that Hardin turned into a tyrant, his blind devotion to Hardin is most certainly very questionable.

Astram himself says he's more loyal to Nyna. Which is why her long absence makes him realize that what has happened may not have been her doing after all. Though he's not fully convinced, he's willing to seek out what is the truth.

As to what Marth could present him... well, the Fire Emblem. Nyna already made Marth Akaneia's champion once again and the emblem is proof of that.

In this case blame Marth for not thinking that, not Astram. Jeorge does brings this up, after all. At this point it falls on how much you believe words alone. Since who can vouch Nyna actually gave her blessing to send the shield to Marth? Likely Linde. So it falls to how willing Astram is to belive her. But he did with Jeorge, so perhaps he could too with her.

6 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It's two, actually.

So those two years, then add the year the War of Shadows lasts, then add two more since the fall of Archanea and... actually, that makes Astram's first "betrayal" happen five years before the second.

One year after the end of the war with Durhua the world seems to be entering a state of peace.

But the wheels of fate appear to have an fault.

The stuff that Xenoblade voice actors get up to.

On 11/7/2023 at 6:04 PM, Acacia Sgt said:

Danny Devito?

Nah, Nintendo is saving him for Wario.

6 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

It's hard to imagine what any generic Zelda movie would look like when it's a brand not nearly as commercialized and many games have completely different aesthetics.

"Generic Zelda" would probably be A Link to the Past/Ocarina of Time inspired with some Breath of the Wild for aesthetics. Or it'll be Smash Bros. inspired and Ganondorf will hit Link with a Falcon Punch.

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

They could've gotten Peter Jackson to do it for an epic LOTR-style Zelda. Alas.....

I don't know, if I was Peter Jackson I'd probably be a bit tired of making epic fantasy movies after the Hobbit trilogy. Sadly New Zealand will have to go without a boost to tourism for now.

7 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

One year after the end of the war with Durhua the world seems to be entering a state of peace.

But the wheels of fate appear to have an fault.

It is the 2nd month of the year 3 of the imperial calendar
Akaneia’s holy capital of Pales is currently in the middle of a mysterious silence.
There was a rebellion in Akaneia, led by the paladin Midia, which resulted in many skilled knights being defeated and captured.
Even so, Akaneia still had double Aritia’s army strength to arm the streets of Pales with.
It has almost been a whole year since the Grunia Expedition.

Chapter 19 happens in the Third Imperial Year.

One year after Chapter 1 happens. During Imperial Year 2.

Marth is declared traitor between those two events.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

The one year thing refers to when Hardin fell to the Darksphere's influence, but there was still a year between that and the War of Heroes starting.

If I recall, the in-game timeline also states the War of Shadows ends in Archanea Year 605, and the War of Heroes begins in Year 607.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

@Acacia Sgt, a Metroidvania for you?😛 (Although now I remember Guacamelee, with a sequel, has already long existed (even if the exploration element is rather small in that one).)

And @Shrimpy -Limited Edition- looking for suffering on Switch?😝

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Renown reward Ganglari is such a fun weapon. So much might for a sword. Yoichi is getting so much good use outta it. Garon wins again.

It's odd that BP is the only way to acquire the full-power Gangrelari. Sumeragi carries it in his Rev battle, but he doesn't drop it and seems to never use it instead of the Hagakure Blade.

Ganglari unleashed does have the second-highest Mt of any sword in the game (Hagakure is the highest -yet with that Atk-halving penalty), which with nice accuracy more than compensates for the 20% HP loss after combat and -5 Crit Evade.

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

@Acacia Sgt, a Metroidvania for you?😛 (Although now I remember Guacamelee, with a sequel, has already long existed (even if the exploration element is rather small in that one).)

Oh my, I got to follow this closely, heh.

Okay, so, might as well do Kyou's route next.

I wonder if once I unlock After Story I put the VN on pause and play some other thing in the meantime. I took up doing those last playthroughs of the Castlevania Advance Collection because I could rush them (through glitches or otherwise), so it took only like two hours combined.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

E L    E S P A Ñ O L

Was pretty accurate to Madrid, i should actually be uploading the pictures of my trip huh. It's been a month.

So you actually saw Luigi in a kart pass by?