Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

11 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Actually you should start with Trails through Daybreak, apparently some characters treat the protagonist like he's an old man (he's 24).

Its more like a small running gag if anything. 

• Replies 177.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

I tried to skip Ceaseless Discharge and just run through the lava. A pointless skip since Ceaseless Discharge has a built-in instant kill that makes getting rid of him trivial, but a change of pace is always nice.
And I noticed that if you do that, the bonfire before the Demon Firesage won't actually appear. Which is good because this prevents a possible softlock because you do really need all your 20 estus flasks to do this. So you might not be able to do the same trip backwards. And you cannot progress any further unless you already placed the lordvessel.

Considering what an unfinished mess the Demon Ruins and Lost Izalith are, I am surprised they accounted for this.

Order of the Stick got updated today.
https://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots1291.html

Actual threads of reality. All nice and straight. Not like the Snarl which is... well, snarly.
And the Snarl has been shown outside the crayon flashbacks by now, so there is most certainly no longer any ambiguity that it really does look like that.
https://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0945.html

The topic of the FE8 creature campaign came up elsewhere and I wanted to show my Lyon that breaks the kill counter from my ancient save file from when I was in high school.

This led to the fun discovery that, for reasons that defy my comprehension, I've lost the save file in all my regular FE8 ROMs. It's just gone, no backups anywhere, poof. Thanks a lot, technology.

Luckily, I managed to find a ROM called "test 2" in my scrapped ROMs folder that I have for... some reason. The save file is still there, so I get to continue looking at all the units little me capped out all those years ago. Woo.

...No but seriously, the fuck happened here? I'm pretty sure I still had it last year when I was making the hack. Why is it only left in this one random-ass copy now?

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Good news. The rosary that i had bought for my mom from the Cathedral Del Mar in Barcelona that got left behind at my aunt's place by accident finally arrived.

9 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Speaking of work, I'm thankful this week is four-days plus falling on US Thanksgiving. So light workload overall. Well, in theory.

>Me the retail worker looking at Black Friday on the table

At least my shift is short that day.

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

ok, i don't mind that gimmick much, but atleast give me a few seconds before using resurrection? Killing them at the exact same time is not that easy

I usually get them both low one at a time, then tag them simultaneously right before the end.

4Z8KziG.jpg

Bullet hell time?

27 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I usually get them both low one at a time, then tag them simultaneously right before the end.

that's exactly what i tried to do, but one always died like 2 seconds before the other and then RESURRECTION!

Until i finally got it somehow lol

Time for more Spain pics. 

Day 3 - Montserrat/Barcelona 

As always, i'll tag @Saint Rubenio and @Interdimensional Observer but all are welcome to see

Spoiler

Day 3 began in the early morning. We had a tour to Montserrat that we had to get to.

5t8R0xG.jpg

The arch from the other day.

Ms0QeZl.jpg

The base of the mountain. If i remember right, this area was once a sea, so there's a lot of salt deposits around.

aEbmlgj.jpg

hwS6llD.jpg

stroYAq.jpg

The monastery at Montserrat was founded several centuries ago. It's been rebuilt over time. Now, despite being a monastery, it's not at all quiet. Many people go up the mountain for various reasons: hiking, pilgrimage, tourism. There's even a school up here. 

Of course, during mass time, anyone not attending mass has to step out.

1U5vxTc.jpg

YJlYZxK.jpg

You ever think about how Catholic architecture just goes incredibly hard?

I wish i had a better camera for this.

EiePfdb.jpg

And here is the outside area

B2hrOd3.jpg

jrKBwiD.jpg

Because we were on tour, we didn't have time to actually go further up the mountain. There was a tram that goes up there but it was a very steep climb and the queue was too long for the amount of time we had.

pFElfvN.jpg

Then we went into the little museum they had

HChtj3d.jpg

j9JBHZE.jpg

H6LB6S9.jpg

NgneZHp.jpg

8dDKl7R.jpg

O5o0NEO.jpg

After that, we returned to Barcelona. We went to this place called El Nacional. It was like a resturant hub.

oCo1yhy.jpg

After that, we went up one of the mountains in Barcelona. Montjuic.  

7yUNDqx.jpg

From the climb.

80dHafq.jpg

Entrance to the fort itself.

Xp84sTX.jpg

Cannon that's been vandalized.

cHRVkb4.jpg

WW2-era turret iirc.

tw15P6P.jpg

9Y87jzI.jpg

BIEPgLx.jpg

View from the top.

And from the museum inside. Here are some captions.

KX4BwCR.jpg

p8iPSfC.jpg

There's a quote said by Espartero himself: "Barcelona should be bombed every 50 years".

H5wnvy0.jpg

J79qIsJ.jpg

NAlFr72.jpg

Nd4zBXE.jpg

wieEkCZ.jpg

nSTKrko.jpg

And some other artifacts

t4zPGUb.jpg

mEnKDJM.jpg

jyPO3sx.jpg

4tiWNsD.jpg

IJg3hez.jpg

ODDwP65.jpg

w9rUbxN.jpg

zec4e3x.jpg

Oh yes, this was the archelogy museum that had already closed by the time we got to it. Oh well.

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

4Z8KziG.jpg

Bullet hell time?

This is tame to some shit in the later games.

Edited by Armagon

Due to me bumbling around in Tears of the Kingdom and not wanting to go through the Fire Temple right now, I ended up finishing the Dragon's Tears quest before completing my second dungeon.

Spoiler

I like how Ganondorf's cunning plan for killing Sonia was having someone else try to kill her (Not-Zelda, henceforth referred to as "Princess Zorldo") and then sneaking behind her while she's feeling accomplished for outsmarting an assassination attempt. When will regal figures voiced by Cherami Leigh catch a break? I wonder how many stealth potions Ganondorf took... and I'm glad I now know the context behind Ganondorf's meme face. I'm also pretty sure I knew the Light Dragon was Zelda beforehand, but I got the memory that implied it pretty early so it isn't too big of a deal.

As an unintended byproduct of seeing every memory, I also got the Master Sword (hype). Exchanging a heart for stamina when I found the Horned Statue turned out to have been a good idea. I tried to be clever and previously looked for where Zelda might hide it beforehand (hence why I visited Korok Forest so early), but none of my guesses were right. The first thing I did after getting the Master Sword was freeing the Deku Tree, and it put in good work against Phantom Ganon (who I certainly wasn't expecting to see).

Now to continue doing everything except progressing the main plot.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

When you work at a food store and Thanksgiving approaches

5fxzsz.jpg

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Ah, yes. Good luck then. At least you don't live near a border and thus, you have to deal with the local people AND those crossing over...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

gsdx-20231122221127.png

Puniniiii!😀

Second Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy playthrough done. Would've finished a little earlier today, but...

gsdx-20231122200515.png

...it simply felt wrong to finish an alchemy game without accomplishing the ultimate IRL goal.😆 Needed to farm materials to synthesize everything other than the characters' ultimate weapons and armors. First playthrough didn't give me the raw materials to make the dirt, and without it the Renamed P Stone.

Final boss was kinda easy, and rather plain-looking. Story isn't a strength of Mana Khemia for sure now, Raze's plot was kept too restrained and felt undercooked and overly basic. Still the character events of Raze's side were good enough.

After the ending, I made a new clear data, and...

gsdx-20231122220811.png

...immediately, the game began the dialogue train that leads into the postgame dungeon. -I'm not going to do it though. Need to move on to other games.

12 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Speaking of work, I'm thankful this week is four-days plus falling on US Thanksgiving. So light workload overall. Well, in theory.

Three days for me. Off til monday and I could use the break