Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

9 hours ago, Capt. Fargus said:

You might be a redneck if your house has wheels. 

Those of us here in the US like @Armagon and @AnonymousSpeed might know those jokes. 

You might be a redneck if you go to family reunions to find dates. 

You might be a redneck if you have more guns than friends. I think I qualify on that basis... 😁

"If you went on a field trip to Walmart-"

This joke is worthy. You might even say Fox-worthy.

9 hours ago, Capt. Fargus said:

”Captain what are you talkin about”?

Well, you might be a Fire Emblem fan if you find yourself whistling Fire Emblem tunes while you’re working... which I do too now. 😎

Mostly been humming ELO and Nik Kershaw recently.

EDIT: Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Edited by AnonymousSpeed

• Replies 180.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Had the Thanksgiving meal. Helped a bit in its preparation (albeit not as much as I could've😅), veeery small scale and informal for me. Yet enjoyable nonetheless, even in a simple form far from the grand images of these celebrations, these silly things we call holidays can be more meaningful than one may want to admit.🙂 Watched the Macy's Christmas Thanksgiving Parade and Westminster Dog Show as we usually do. Dinner was fine, and we picked up pies from a local bakery for dessert.🥧 As I bit into one of them, I was suddenly reminded- Boston cream pie is a total lie. The stuff on the inside has eggs- it's a custard, not cream; it doesn't have a pie shell/crust, it's a cake. Still quite delicious.😋 Better than the much more common donut form I usually have of the stuff, and it's only the second time I've ever had one of those "pies". Peanut butter pie was good too (I don't care for non-coconut fruit pies, unfortunately, and I've only recently ventured into pecan and pumpkin pies).

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

Some would be accused if being false converts. The Inquisition would place them on a scale, with the Bible on the other, and said "if the Bible weighs more, you are a true believer". You can imagine how this went.

Reminds me both of the Egyptian "weighing of the heart against the feather of Maat (cosmic order, harmony, righteousness)", and the old "throw a person in the river and if they float, they're a witch so we kill them, if they drown they're not a witch, but dead anyhow".

I have heard of academic revisionism regarding the Spanish Inquisition, claiming it wasn't actually that brutal. Claims such as the Inquisition banning torture to obtain legal evidence whereas not all secular courts in Europe had such a ban. And that the Inquisition required the accused have legal counsel, and that they usually gave like a 40-day notice before you'd have come to court, so the Monty meme is untrue (although the advance warning may have been intended to get you to confess to what other people were doing).

Unfortunately, I haven't read reputable books or whatnot that take such a stance. So I can't say how true these assertions contrary to the popular image are.

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

I have never heard any of these jokes ngl.

Its from a fella named Jeff Foxworthy. He’s on youtube

”If you ever mowed the lawn and found the car you thought got stolen, you might be a redneck”

And here’s a classic...

”If your dad walks you to school because you’re both in the same grade, you might be a redneck” 🤣

Fun fact: this scene is designed so that they can insert whoever the current Doctor is at any time. Ten years ago, it was Matt Smith.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Reminds me both of the Egyptian "weighing of the heart against the feather of Maat (cosmic order, harmony, righteousness)",

I remember this from the Kane Chronicles.

Edited by Armagon

While I love the holidays, that they're here and it's approaching the end of the year ...it is making me wistful to an extent.

10 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

The deals this years suckkkkkkkkkkkkkk

I just want a new laptop...

Unfortunately I don't know European pricing. Nor if you're just looking for a gaming laptop or a general purpose one. And even if I did, I doubt I know much you don't already.

13 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Nor if you're just looking for a gaming laptop or a general purpose one.

More gaming

And yes, i do realize a PC is much much better, and it would be much cheaper to upgrade my current PC or get a new one than a laptop, but i foresee much traveling in my future, so i'd rather have a laptop that will stick with me wherever i go

Just now, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

And yes, i do realize a PC is much much better, and it would be much cheaper to upgrade my current PC or get a new one than a laptop, but i foresee much traveling in my future, so i'd rather have a laptop that will stick with me wherever i go

Sorry, the bold triggered this.:

😅

-Full disclosure, I already listening to the OST. Undecided as to what play next, I threw on the 🎧 on as I try to decide -also a little audial soothing of the aforementioned wistfulness. 

5 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Citing again just to actually get to the point.

I getcha on the laptop.😀 Personally I went with that despite not being the traveling type whatsoever b/c no clue about assembling a PC. And I just prefer having something I can throw on my lap and not require me to be stuck in an uncomfortable swivel chair for hours on end at a designated desk.

And ofc you already know blahblahblah GPU > CPU, yadayadayada at least 8GB of RAM or better 16GB, mehmehmeh don't worry too much about storage b/c you can always buy an external hard drive. I've an Asus ROG Zephyrus that was like 1600USD pre-sale? I think at last check that was towards the upper end of the middle of the gaming laptop price range. It hasn't had any issues for me so far over the past 2 years(?), and I'd expect you'd say around the same (maybe a little higher) as me in terms of the technical demands the games will throw at your potential laptop.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

the bold triggered this.:

GO!

GO!

GO!

GO!

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Asus ROG Zephyrus

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

1600USD pre-sale?

496478133785198604.webp?size=128&quality

Maybe i should check american sites that can deliver to the old world

1 minute ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Maybe i should check american sites that can deliver to the old world

Let me guess- European pricing is 💰😈😭 by comparison?

To be precise- mine is Ryzen 9 GPU, 16GB RAM, display is 14 inches I think. No webcam, but I don't care about that, that's just something someone will hack into to spy on you while compromised. Or so the old joke went prior to Covid.

Just now, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

BUT

If i get stuff from USA, shipping + customs and stuff are like, +400$ oof

If only you had an American friend who could buy it for you (after you give them the money) and then bring it over.😛 -No, I'm not doing that. You should've asked Arma before he went to Spain, he could've brought to Ruben and then he'd be the Spanish mule who brings it to you.

And sorry about the taxes. -I shouldn't have unintentionally put the idea in your head if it was only going to be instantly squashed.

If only you had an American friend who could buy it for you (after you give them the money) and then bring it over.😛

I do have friends & family in Murica - question is when i will get to see them again lol

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

-No, I'm not doing that.

But you will get to see alot of European museums!

I don't think i will ask anyone over here to do that for me XD

nd sorry about the taxes.

And i totally forgot about that. You guys don't include taxes in your prices xD

So for once after a long pause I resumed playing VP Lenneth. Only while on the way back home from work, so only did like half a dungeon. Will do the other half tomorrow perhaps, pft. THEN I can finally move on from Chapter 2...

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

More gaming

Get a VPN if you travel outside the EU. Just in case certain websites decide to be funny because regions.

56 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

If i get stuff from USA, shipping + customs and stuff are like, +400$ oof

You could try looking at eBay or something.

54 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

If only you had an American friend who could buy it for you (after you give them the money) and then bring it over.

Shipping and customs will still get him.

Unless you meant physically bring it over.

Should've been in Canada. Have stuff delivered to a US address then simply hop across the border and back (yes some people do this).

1 minute ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I have VPN all year long now because even EU is being funny with their internet stupidity

Last i checked the UK was on about some "Internet Safety" bill which could've potentially blocked Wikipedia in their country but i haven't heard a lot from the EU as a whole in this regard.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Should've been in Canada. Have stuff delivered to a US address then simply hop across the border and back (yes some people do this).

Can confirm. We also do this from our side of the border. Heck, I have an uncle with a PO Box.

4 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I've found something, with really good specs and stuff - 3080Ti (although only 115W), i7, so a bit on the old side, and only 16GB RAM, but the price is unbeatable

Problem: Acer....it doesn't exactly have a good reputation when it comes to longevity

"And only", smh I still feel like I have a lot with 8GB's... then again... *looks at games library*

14 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Can confirm. We also do this from our side of the border. Heck, I have an uncle with a PO Box.

Mm.

Honestly, I'd expect this even extends to jobs too. Past the work visas and all that, those living in those dual cities (Mexicali, Detroit-Windsor) do have a potential unique opportunity of those living in other parts of the country wouldn't have. This works in any direction.

But.....taxes would be a nightmare, wouldn't they?

21 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Last i checked the UK was on about some "Internet Safety" bill which could've potentially blocked Wikipedia in their country but i haven't heard a lot from the EU as a whole in this regard.

We've a lot of stupid stuff old stupid people are trying to pass - from total communicaton surveillance to "Protect the children" to censorship for stupid reasons (and before anyone starts - no, i am not talking about anime)

Most stuff get's blocked by the courts only for the same stupid people to try again over and over

Also 7 seas require vpn over here 😛

20 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

"And only", smh I still feel like I have a lot with 8GB'

Ideally, i want something that can live until after 2030 - i don't wanna shell 1500€+ only to have to replace it in a couple years

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Mm.

Honestly, I'd expect this even extends to jobs too. Past the work visas and all that, those living in those dual cities (Mexicali, Detroit-Windsor) do have a potential unique opportunity of those living in other parts of the country wouldn't have. This works in any direction.

But.....taxes would be a nightmare, wouldn't they?

More than just jobs. For a brief time in Elementary School, I was enrolled in a school in El Centro.

Admittedly, don't know about the taxes stuff.

3 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Ideally, i want something that can live until after 2030 - i don't wanna shell 1500€+ only to have to replace it in a couple years

That's also true. My current laptop I've had it since 2019, and I think by 2025 I should be replacing it... maybe.

5 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Also 7 seas require vpn over here 😛

No way they actually enforce piracy laws over there.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

More than just jobs. For a brief time in Elementary School, I was enrolled in a school in El Centro.

Ah yeah, I didn't consider that. How was it, living in one country and crossing the border to go to school in another? Although if it's Mexicali-Calexico, probably didn't feel that different huh?

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Admittedly, don't know about the taxes stuff.

You'd have to pay taxes for both countries I'm assuming.

Just now, Armagon said:

Ah yeah, I didn't consider that. How was it, living in one country and crossing the border to go to school in another? Although if it's Mexicali-Calexico, probably didn't feel that different huh?

Mostly just a longer trip to and back from school, heh. El Centro isn't that far from Calexico, as it were.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Sorry, the bold triggered this.:

😅

-Full disclosure, I already listening to the OST. Undecided as to what play next, I threw on the 🎧 on as I try to decide -also a little audial soothing of the aforementioned wistfulness. 

Citing again just to actually get to the point.

I getcha on the laptop.😀 Personally I went with that despite not being the traveling type whatsoever b/c no clue about assembling a PC. And I just prefer having something I can throw on my lap and not require me to be stuck in an uncomfortable swivel chair for hours on end at a designated desk.

And ofc you already know blahblahblah GPU > CPU, yadayadayada at least 8GB of RAM or better 16GB, mehmehmeh don't worry too much about storage b/c you can always buy an external hard drive. I've an Asus ROG Zephyrus that was like 1600USD pre-sale? I think at last check that was towards the upper end of the middle of the gaming laptop price range. It hasn't had any issues for me so far over the past 2 years(?), and I'd expect you'd say around the same (maybe a little higher) as me in terms of the technical demands the games will throw at your potential laptop.

Kind of games you like has a bit of a bearing on this doesn’t it?

I don’t know a whole hell of a lot about laptops but seems to me playing turn based games by yourself off line isn’t quite as demanding on hardware as playing the likes of say, Call of Duty with other people