• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

7 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

But H.B is an asscave!

Sadly, I like him as an ally throughout the game.

Last Stand for a good ally makes, though his defensive capabilities are surprisingly on the lighter side for a Shield user.

Given he ultimately has a good goal in mind, I don't mind his personality. Though Murderess leaves you with a worse first impression than H.B. and yet I like her. Maybe I'm okay with dislikable/arrogant characters in games, though I wouldn't say I love them all.

55 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Adorable. ❤️

44 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

Oh god oh god oh god fog of war in a game with ambush spawns abort

*insert nervous guy hitting abort button meme*

7 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

Fir is level one?? Why does the game keep giving me level one units—

Well, she’s cute! I wonder if two sword masters is a bad idea...

I’m not one to use mediocre units on purpose, but Fir isn’t half bad. Train her on Ch. 9 and she gets a pretty solid start on normal mode. She can be over lvl 10 by chapter’s end.

2 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

Archers coming out of the fog where my peg is and one shorting her? Hooray!

F

6 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

Fir is level one?? Why does the game keep giving me level one units—

Much like Archanaea, (which Elibe really is, just Archanaea 2) you generally get the good unit, then an inferior replacement unit, then a good prepromote later on.

7 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

Well, she’s cute! I wonder if two sword masters is a bad idea...

Having two swordmasters is never a bad idea, they're totally busted in FE6. Fir is much better on HM, though.

1 minute ago, Sooks1016 said:

Archers coming out of the fog where my peg is and one shorting her? Hooray!

Wait, how? I don't think there's any archers that should actually reach where Shanna should be after turn 1, and even then, that one's not a huge threat. Shanna has promoted, right?

When someone says they dislike Three Houses and prefer Birthright:

The entire FE community:

Mila lookin fine | Fire Emblem Amino

I didn't have that happen to me, likely because I though Shanna was too much effort to train. Sorry about what I said earlier.

And Fir is redundant if Rutger has been tearing up everything so far, but still good as Swordmasters unusually are in FE6. Slightly less HP/Str/Def, but more Luck, which is actually good for a dodgetank.

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And Fir is redundant if Rutger has been tearing up everything so far, but still good as Swordmasters unusually are in FE6.

I'd personally disagree-Two swordmasters is a very good thing. Fir isn't that hard to train on HM or NM, and even though her strength growth is rather pitiful, between promo bonuses and the +30 crit, she'll be a machine.

(Then again, I think Deke is very overrated, so...)

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

That explains so much lol xD

Change my mind, Elibe is just a fanfic of Archanaea and TearRing Saga.

11 minutes ago, Benice said:

Shanna has promoted, right?

Umm wat? Is going all the way to 20 not a good idea in this one?

10 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I didn't have that happen to me, likely because I though Shanna was too much effort to train. Sorry about what I said earlier.

You’re probably right, but I want to keep my Sue/Shin levels on par with my Shanna/Tate levels

Umm wat? Is going all the way to 20 not a good idea in this one?

NONONONONONONONONONO

Shanna wants to promote the second you get to the Western Isles. heck, Rutger probably wants to promote right away-FE6 grants huge promo bonuses-Warrior's promo bonuses basically salvage Wade's horrendously low speed to the point that he may double on NM and won't get doubled on HM!

But yeah, Shanna needs to promote right away-Swords are so good in the western isles. She'll basically be untouchable and a Flying Marcus. (If you gave her the angelic robe, that is great as well.)

6 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

This looks awesome, ngl.

God-tier world design. Planet Mira might be my favorite video game world ever. A contender for that at least.

Noctilum also has the best day theme in the game.

5 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Level 16... boy, I could never be that under leveled! At ch4 I was probably level 30-40 or so!

If you were Lv.30 in Ch.4, you were definitely overleveld. Like, as far as the story goes, you basically just overkilled the boss.

Although it is worth mentioning that Xenoblade X doesn't follow the traditional level structure that Xenoblade does, since there's only five areas and nothing stops you from visiting them. It ain't like the other games where even though areas may contain sections with higher-level enemies, most enemies in the area will be appropriately leveled.

5 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

On a side note, wow. Alchemy is really complex.

1j9mu4.jpg

Escha & Logy has one of the easier alchemy systems to follow imo. Even though it's the second game in the Dusk trilogy, it's a better starting point as things are explained to you more clearly.

4 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

Do dialogue choices have much effect on the gameplay?

I have two, one indicated with a smile, and the other with a heart.

I think it just raises friendship values but since Escha and Logy are always together, it doesn't really matter.

3 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

I have quite a few items in my container. Should I sell some stuff, or just keep synthesizing?

Selling items is never worth it unless it's part of a quest. 

2 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

It kind of seems like Awin is the Jagen (if I can call him that) of my party, being stronger and tankier than the other characters.

FYI, levels don't matter that much in Atelier. It's all about how good the stuff you make is. Leveling up does function like it does in a normal RPG but the gains you get are very minimal.

2 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

I like how you can use support attacks to double or triple enemies in battle if you want to finish them off faster, or support guard to protect characters who are low on HP.

Though those mechanics might be something from other Atelier games as well, idk.

Escha & Logy's combat pretty much rips off the combat from the Mana Khemia games (which were also Atelier games) in a good way. Same with the sequel, Atelier Shallie. Atelier Lulua has a modification of the combat system you're playing right now.

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

And the Arland trilogy uses this, as well. But it's a good mechanic!

Yes and no. Apart from Lulua, Arland does not have a vanguard/rearguard system.

59 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

That said, I do like H.B. more than Ahkos

Naturally. I do feel like H.B just gets more time devoted to him than Ahkos.

7 minutes ago, Benice said:

NONONONONONONONONONO

Shanna wants to promote the second you get to the Western Isles. heck, Rutger probably wants to promote right away-FE6 grants huge promo bonuses-Warrior's promo bonuses basically salvage Wade's horrendously low speed to the point that he may double on NM and won't get doubled on HM!

But yeah, Shanna needs to promote right away-Swords are so good in the western isles. She'll basically be untouchable and a Flying Marcus. (If you gave her the angelic robe, that is great as well.)

Well she’s level 6 and hasn’t procced strength a single time so no mistakes there. I have been training Rutger though, he’s so close to 20 I might as well promote him then. Should I always promote right away..?

Well she’s level 6 and hasn’t procced strength a single time so no mistakes there.

She doesn't need strength, really, only swords.

3 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

I have been training Rutger though, he’s so close to 20 I might as well promote him then.

Yep.

3 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

Should I always promote right away..?

It doesn't matter so much on Normal, but generally you will want to on hard with at least a few units. Growths are generally lower in FE6, so units don't gain as much from the extra levels for the most part. Many units will get more from promotion than they will from levels-Rutger is an example, as is Shanna, since they both gain a ton from promoting beyond just stats-Rutger gets his +30 crit, and with his monstrous strength in HM, he'll basically ORKO everything from start to finish. Shanna gains swords, which makes her very potent in the western isles and decent elsewhere.

But play how you want-There is no wrong way to play FE.

Hey, what is this Mario 34-2 or whatever it is, actually? Never heard of it before.

Also, Marianne's paralogue may be absolutely terrible, but it is fun to see the monsters beat themselves up while trying to hit Ingrid.

EDIT: Wait, does anyone get Fortify in this game?

Edited by Benice

5 minutes ago, Benice said:

Hey, what is this Mario 34-2 or whatever it is, actually? Never heard of it before.

Basically, Mario battle royale.

35 players play the original super mario bros to last man standing. The twist being, everytime you kill an enemy, you send em to a target of your choice. After a while it becomes super chaotic lol