• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

11 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

What do you define as tangible? Little clips the devs show which hardly encapsulate anything about the game? I think not. 

Reviews, word of mouth, etc. I can make an informed purchase. When it comes to games, i generally buy the ones i know i'll have a decent chance of liking. I cannot do that with gacha. No amount of "how to build this character" videos and whatnot will let me make an "informed purchase" of a gacha character on account that i have to rely on pure luck to do it.

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The handshake hearts are a neat detail too, not as barebones visually as FE.

Now where have i seen this

Growing Up - Xeno Series Wiki

I'm joking, there's only so many ways you can draw a handshake logo.

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Aw yeah, ZEKENATOR!

Bringer of Chaos! Ultimate!

41 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Hence "Rapport" instead of "Support". Getting creative with the thesaurus is essential to avoiding lawsuits.😛

The handshake hearts are a neat detail too, not as barebones visually as FE.

IS has a copyright on the concept of people talking to each other now?
I suppose that would only be marginally sillier than the Pegasus Knight copyright that people say they have.

In any case, the first game with the ability to raise support levels was Tear Ring Saga.

8 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Does make it a bit easier than VS1, probably, combined with free saving

Is it tho? I did find VS2 a bit harder, despite the powerful tools.

Maybe also because VS2 has better map design and half the game ain't made of zzz Maps

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Aw yeah, ZEKENATOR!

zeke-zeke-xenoblade.gif

I'd say, with this thread:

Having made me remember an old story idea, I wonder if I could put some time aside to at least flesh out further an outline. Well, that's for tomorrow too I guess if I do...

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

Three Houses and Engage have at least put those moments in between chapters themselves.

Three Houses had these moments? I only remember Dorothea reacting to killing Ferdinand and that's only when he's an enemy and you recruited him.

Well, you can, if you have really dedicated fans in mind. I think the fan servers for Dragalia Lost are up and running now. But not every gacha gets that treatment.

Oh that's pretty nice. I hope they don't still require spending money.

Because divorce isn't ideal. Real romance is rarely like fictional romance, the latter usually tries to streamline the process. That doesn't mean it's not engaging of course but real life romance is not like how it plays out in movies, games, books etc.

Not to mention, in Fire Emblem, it's medieval world. Sure, divorces were a thing but like, don't like your wife? Just fuck off somewhere else lmao. Who's gonna track you down. Adulatory? Can't prove it *cough* Holmes' dad fucking half the continent *cough*.

I mean, yeah, I'm not saying it hs to be realistic. I just think exes would be an interesting dynamic and it's not explored often enougj.

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

Is FEH's plot even building towards something anymore?

It's building towards lasting as long as possible so as to keep making money.

4 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Is it tho? I did find VS2 a bit harder, despite the powerful tools.

Maybe also because VS2 has better map design and half the game ain't made of zzz Maps

Well, my memory of VS1 was fuzzy until not long ago. We shall see after I'n done replaying VS2.

4 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Xwe1rIu.png

Zelkov?????

ArYUQUF.png

Did she just "Ok, boomer" him lmao

Zelkov is precious.

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

Reviews, word of mouth, etc. I can make an informed purchase. When it comes to games, i generally buy the ones i know i'll have a decent chance of liking. I cannot do that with gacha. No amount of "how to build this character" videos and whatnot will let me make an "informed purchase" of a gacha character on account that i have to rely on pure luck to do it

If this were always true, I would never have bought CS III/IV or Reverie, since my reviews were mostly Shrimpy ranting about how bad they were. I really think this depends on the person.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Three Houses had these moments? I only remember Dorothea reacting to killing Ferdinand and that's only when he's an enemy and you recruited him.

I swear there was more.

Ok, Engage had them.

1 hour ago, Lightcosmo said:

If this were always true, I would never have bought CS III/IV or Reverie, since my reviews were mostly Shrimpy ranting about how bad they were. I really think this depends on the person.

My guy the point is when I buy DLC, I know I'm getting the DLC. When I buy the gacha character, I'm not buying the character, I'm buying a chance to get that character and more likely than not I'll get a different character.

This is not a convoluted point at all.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

My guy the point is when I buy DLC, I know I'm getting the DLC. When I buy the gacha character, I'm not buying the character, I'm buying a chance to get that character and more likely than not I'll get a different character.

This is not a convoluted point at all.

I thought the point was: you never got what you paid in. XD

Because on the reverse end, i am not likely going to purchase this due to knowing already what i'm getting:

46a6088e17f082b73c41c9798c0363b3.png

Well, i would hope that i wouldn't, considering it's just some outfits and some items, all for $148.00 XD

Edited by Lightcosmo

Highlighted:

525f7713972318e4f728aab5fbf4272b.png

They fixed... one text issue throughout the entire game... wow. Just... wow.

And right beneath that they still have the message "frequently concerning fixes to various text issues" meaning they clearly admit that it's an issue, and yet still chose to ignore it. Like, why?

Since @Lightchao42 was the only other person to play EN Reverie here i'll ask:

did you notice that players characters such as Swin, Nadia, Rufus, Lapis, etc have their craft names different as enemies than players? Mark is Carving Blade for the enemy, Punitive Pierce is Nemesis Pierce for the enemy, etc. 

58 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

I thought the point was: you never got what you paid in. XD

So this whole time, have you been looking at what you objectively got vs what you subjectively got? If i bought a DLC, even if i didn't like it, i still got what was advertised. That's objective. I got the thing that i was going to get, even if i didn't like it. With gacha, what i get is not objective, because i do not get to pick. 

Getting my money's worth is entirely different. The Reviere DLC you posted? Insane price for sure, no sane person is spending that much. But you'll get what it says you'll get. That's the point.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

So this whole time, have you been looking at what you objectively got vs what you subjectively got? If i bought a DLC, even if i didn't like it, i still got what was advertised. That's objective. I got the thing that i was going to get, even if i didn't like it. With gacha, what i get is not objective, because i do not get to pick. 

Getting my money's worth is entirely different. The Reviere DLC you posted? Insane price for sure, no sane person is spending that much. But you'll get what it says you'll get. That's the point.

I mean, shouldnt I be as the consumer? Im not going to buy something if I get literally nothing. Lol

I guess what im asking is: what justifies one over the other? Both are completely absurd, so why only complain about one?

Vestaria_Saga_II_v1.13.7_17_12_2023_17_2

Oh God. It's them. The gayest boys in Vestaria.

Wanna know how gay they are? They're so gay, not only do they both become unrecruitable if you kill one of them, their battle and death quotes change.

Vestaria_Saga_II_v1.13.7_17_12_2023_17_4

Like, seriously. How can anyone read this dialogue and think "ah yes, straight"? Kaga...