• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Guys i had the fucking strangest dream just now. I was back in Spain (idk where) with presumably family relatives. I say presumably because i don't remember who they were but that was the vibes. Anyways we're in a van and the driver has the funny idea to drive right up to the edge of a cliff, stopping just in time. A laugh. Haha. He then reverses to like, drive the original route but he reverses too fast and he turns too quickly, plunging us to our deaths. As i die, everything glitches out and i wake up back in the room. I look outside the window and everything is pizza. Like, not literally but all the buildings i could see, the roofs were in the shapes of pizza boxes. Even the mudhuts i saw had those kinds of roofs.

I go to the living room and see three women. I don't know who they are, they didn't look like anyone i've met or seen. Now, i've died in dreams before but this is the first time i've been like, confused by it. I remember i say to them "assume your husband/brother/father, whatever has amnesia. Where the hell am i?" and as they're explaining to me, i wake up. But like for real. I still require answers. 

2 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

wait

what slur

AH

Shit

Sorrry sorrrrrrrrrrrry

edited

It's not a slur in the UK so just pretend you're British.

Sometimes certain slurs escape my mind and/or i confused their meaning

Sometimes regional differences too. Remember, i called a Salvadorean customer an indigenous slur by accident because the word is just a normal word in Venezuela.

13 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Self-pardon, most likely.

Not for the Georgia case, which is a State case. Those can't be pardoned by Presidents.

9 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Democrats picking Biden is super idiotic

He will not win

I mean they said that in 2020.

It'd be a fool's errand to not just go with the incumbent.  Only time they haven't is if the President doesn't want to run again (Polk for instance).

10 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Considering things, isn't it actually tyranny of the minority?

Between gerrymandering and the Electoral College, it is.

Vaughes is the coolest generic.

How I wish we could recruit him to be our Punitive Knight instead of Phoros.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Guys i had the fucking strangest dream just now. I was back in Spain (idk where) with presumably family relatives. I say presumably because i don't remember who they were but that was the vibes. Anyways we're in a van and the driver has the funny idea to drive right up to the edge of a cliff, stopping just in time. A laugh. Haha. He then reverses to like, drive the original route but he reverses too fast and he turns too quickly, plunging us to our deaths. As i die, everything glitches out and i wake up back in the room. I look outside the window and everything is pizza. Like, not literally but all the buildings i could see, the roofs were in the shapes of pizza boxes. Even the mudhuts i saw had those kinds of roofs.

I go to the living room and see three women. I don't know who they are, they didn't look like anyone i've met or seen. Now, i've died in dreams before but this is the first time i've been like, confused by it. I remember i say to them "assume your husband/brother/father, whatever has amnesia. Where the hell am i?" and as they're explaining to me, i wake up. But like for real. I still require answers. 

Soooo what you're saying is, Heaven is pizza.

Fair enough.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I mean they said that in 2020.

It'd be a fool's errand to not just go with the incumbent.  Only time they haven't is if the President doesn't want to run again (Polk for instance).

Biden's suffering a lot from his handling of Israel, though, isn't he? From what I can tell - and I'm no expert on the matter so please do correct me - him sort of patting Netanyahu in the back and saying "hey if you could please defend yourself without committing too much genocide, that'd be cool, thanksies" and then proceeding to send Israel military aid packages is costing him a lot of goodwill and vote intention among minorities and the youth.

The threat of Trump on the other side of the aisle is basically the only argument for Biden at this point - which to be fair, was also the only argument for Biden before, but goodness the Gaza situation has not been that man's finest showing. Again though, I'm no expert on US politics, so feel free to let me know what's what if you can and want.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Biden's suffering a lot from his handling of Israel, though, isn't he? From what I can tell - and I'm no expert on the matter so please do correct me - him sort of patting Netanyahu in the back and saying "hey if you could please defend yourself without committing too much genocide, that'd be cool, thanksies" and then proceeding to send Israel military aid packages is costing him a lot of goodwill and vote intention among minorities and the youth.

The threat of Trump on the other side of the aisle is basically the only argument for Biden at this point - which to be fair, was also the only argument for Biden before, but goodness the Gaza situation has not been that man's finest showing. Again though, I'm no expert on US politics, so feel free to let me know what's what if you can and want.

For as bad as Biden handling this is, don't forget that Trump is also like, very buddy buddy with Netanhayu, along with also Putin. Hell, Trump is more likely to just outright send troops to Israel. Not even Biden has crossed that line yet.

Israel's grip on America's government is a major problem, no matter who we vote in right now, they're going to be pro-Israel. So the trick becomes "who will be pro-Israel less than the other guy".

18 minutes ago, Armagon said:

For as bad as Biden handling this is, don't forget that Trump is also like, very buddy buddy with Netanhayu, along with also Putin. Hell, Trump is more likely to just outright send troops to Israel. Not even Biden has crossed that line yet.

Israel's grip on America's government is a major problem, no matter who we vote in right now, they're going to be pro-Israel. So the trick becomes "who will be pro-Israel less than the other guy".

Undeniably, but a new candidate, from my limited perspective as an outsider, could at least bank on the benefit of the doubt. It's Trump, or someone who could support genocide, probably will, but let's give 'em a shot over Trump. Still the lesser evil, but without the baggage.

Biden's only gambit is to say "I'm the lesser evil to Trump" and pray that enough people believe that this is true by a relevant enough margin while he supports an ongoing genocide. Which, for folks who are closer to or more invested in the conflict, might just be closer to "if anything, the same evil." Leading to third party votes or vote abstentions, and this only benefits Trump.

Don't get me wrong, though, I'm just speculating here. You know I tend to stampede to the worst case scenario. I would hope Trump doesn't win, but the dems are, as per usual, trying their absolute damnedest to lose.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Which, for folks who are closer to or more invested in the conflict, might just not be. Leading to third party votes or vote abstentions, and this only benefits Trump.

That part that's interesting is that even the average Republican voter seems to be asking for a ceasefire. Not the hardliners of course but this is the most disconnected the politicians have been from the people in a long time and that's saying a lot.

And insider reports from the White House do seem to suggest that Biden is feeling the pressure. Whether he changes his stance or something remains to be seen but him feeling the political pressure is already better than Trump, who wouldn't give a damn and if anything double his already strong pro-Israel stance.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

That part that's interesting is that even the average Republican voter seems to be asking for a ceasefire. Not the hardliners of course but this is the most disconnected the politicians have been from the people in a long time and that's saying a lot.

And insider reports from the White House do seem to suggest that Biden is feeling the pressure. Whether he changes his stance or something remains to be seen but him feeling the political pressure is already better than Trump, who wouldn't give a damn and if anything double his already strong pro-Israel stance.

I don't know how good that is for people who are affected by the atrocity, though. I feel like he needs to do or say something substantial if he wants to really prove himself as the "lesser evil" and not "pretty much the same evil."

I suppose we shall see how this goes. There's of course the chance that Trump is successfully impeded from running - at which case Biden could murder a child and still win, from what I've gathered.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

But like for real. I still require answers.

You need to eat pizza

Me as well

It's not a slur in the UK so just pretend you're British.

I was in thr UK more than once, never in the US, so checks out 😛

55 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

is costing him a lot of goodwill and vote intention among minorities and the youth.

This

Not to mention, don't many polls show that Trump is ahead in swing states?

53 minutes ago, Armagon said:

So the trick becomes "who will be pro-Israel less than the other guy".

Yes

But instead of voting for Biden (or for Trump), these people will just not show up to vote due to in their eyes their vote not mattering

11 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Considering things, isn't it actually tyranny of the minority? Since there is some disparity on how representation is actually distributed. Currently Republicans basically have less people to represent but carry equal or even more power than the Democrats. Just for starters, it was the minority who won in the 2016 elections. Since, yes, the Electoral College gives them that edge.

True but it is through the indifference of many democrats that we still keep around the electoral college. Theoretically it's something we could vote out as seen with the NPVIC plan still going on, but that's up to the state voters if they choose a candidate who will sign it, if they even know what it is or that it exists since many Americans don't.

Though at the same time I I guess I could call a monarchy a tyranny of the majority by that majority "allowing" the minority to rule them since theoretically if they united they could overthrow that rule by sheer force of numbers, but that's obviously way easier said than done, and also far from what we currently have here.

Fact of the matter is, there is a growing amount of apolitical and/or moderate voters within the states, mostly within young people, who don't bother to vote at all or participate within politics even if they have somewhat an interest on social progress. So it's mostly older folks who are voting and creating the situations we have now.

And local elections are important because those are what set up the federal ones, and it's also the final barrier between whether or not your local school board starts banning books just for having gay characters in it.

5 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

yh, but i am talking more about the industry in general.

The horrible practices have been increasing and getting worse - and gaming becoming too big is one of the main reasons for that.

I think that it being still a fairly new industry is an even bigger reason. There are still very few regulations regarding games as they aren't held to the same standards as movies or books. It's also why many of the biggest companies can get away abusing their work force because unionization and labor laws regarding these companies have yet to be considered.

5 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

(/s obvs, but these is how Fandom is nowadays)

Fandoms have always been about this, the toxic side of them anyhow, and it's typically young people who don't know any better and shouldn't be using twitter. People have been sending death threats about ship fanart for as long the internet has been around, it's just far easier to catch sight of it now.

Following this, I've been seeing a few protests from Israeli's in Jerusalem demanding that Netanhayu resign. I don't know how big or significant these protests are but Israeli's keeping the pressure on him down there is possibly the best chance there is right now that the invasion stops.

10 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

People have been sending death threats about ship fanart for as long the internet has been around, i

It waa never that bad, not even 1% as bad, not to mention it was rarely if ever accompanied by a moral crusade or a harassment campaign reaching current levels of fucking people over

Fandoms always had toxicity, yes, but it never was that bad nor was it ever that personal

Not to mention, don't many polls show that Trump is ahead in swing states?

Polls mean jack shit these days. Midterm polls showed a Republican sweep only for that to not actually happen. They just barely took the House while Dems still hold on to the Senate.

This isn't to say Dems are safe. I don't think Fetterman's seat is up for grabs next year but his ass is not getting a second term. He ran on being progressive and now is trying to claim he never said he was progressive (you can find tweets of his showing that he was saying that). However, with abortion and LGBT rights at stake, Dems could still pull a victory.

1 hour ago, GuardianSing said:

There are still very few regulations regarding games as they aren't held to the same standards as movies or books.

This is why emulators are still legal btw.

1 hour ago, GuardianSing said:

Following this, I've been seeing a few protests from Israeli's in Jerusalem demanding that Netanhayu resign. I don't know how big or significant these protests are but Israeli's keeping the pressure on him down there is possibly the best chance there is right now that the invasion stops.

This is likely because Israeli hostages were killed by their own country. This comes after some reports that freed hostages feared Israel would kill them and blame their deaths on Hamas.

Oh and there's supposed to be hostages in the tunnels but Israel wants to flood them with seawater (literally salting the earth). So I can't say if the protests are protesting the genocide or are simply protesting their own being caught in the crossfire.

2 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

His popularity was decreasing prior to the festival attack, wasn't it? Chances were he wouldn't have been re-elected. It's likely that he received reports that HAMAS was going to attack, and figured that rather than actually, y'know, protect his country by preventing the attack from happening, he'd sacrifice his own civilians and use their deaths as an excuse to commit genocide on Palestine. And then claim he was doing it to protect his country.

I don't know. With each passing month I lose hope. I think we may truly watch a genocide unfold, and then everyone will just go back to their merry lives. The ones that still have them, of course. Fuck our species.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah, it's a known fact at this point. And yet the higher ups seem intent on pretending it's not.

something something saying anything bad about Israel = antisemitism something something 

Also regional control and US influence

496478133785198604.webp?size=128&quality

Would be cool if we could something like this - although really hard to plan for - doesn't have to be Fates either.

TL;DR: A soft Iron man relay run with 20-25% of the players trying to sabotage the run. Other players have to find out who the traitors are before they achieve the objective, or finish the run without the traitors achieving the objective

Could be fun

It waa never that bad, not even 1% as bad, not to mention it was rarely if ever accompanied by a moral crusade or a harassment campaign reaching current levels of fucking people over

Fandoms always had toxicity, yes, but it never was that bad nor was it ever that personal

Clearly you've never been around Tumblr or 4chan back in 2014.

43 minutes ago, Armagon said:

This is likely because Israeli hostages were killed by their own country. This comes after some reports that freed hostages feared Israel would kill them and blame their deaths on Hamas.

Oh and there's supposed to be hostages in the tunnels but Israel wants to flood them with seawater (literally salting the earth). So I can't say if the protests are protesting the genocide or are simply protesting their own being caught in the crossfire.

I'd wager it depends on the individual, as like any country, Israel has it's fair share of anti-genocide pro-human rights advocates. Even though many folks there are indoctrinated into the systems that be in Israel's apartheid, like the Quaker abolitionist in the US, there will always be people standing against it.

53 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I don't know. With each passing month I lose hope. I think we may truly watch a genocide unfold, and then everyone will just go back to their merry lives. The ones that still have them, of course. Fuck our species.

There have been ideas floating around of a general strike happening the US. Hoping that by shutting down the country entirely we can force the government to go with the UN resolution plan. But of course something like that would only work if enough people are striking.

Vestaria_Saga_II_v1.13.7_20_12_2023_17_2

Barzelphen capped movement by whacking a log.

I love this guy. He's so funny.

2 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

TL;DR: A soft Iron man relay run with 20-25% of the players trying to sabotage the run. Other players have to find out who the traitors are before they achieve the objective, or finish the run without the traitors achieving the objective

Could be fun

I'd have it easy. If anyone accused me of treason, I'd simply refer them to my ironmans.

1 minute ago, GuardianSing said:

There have been ideas floating around of a general strike happening the US. Hoping that by shutting down the country entirely we can force the government to go with the UN resolution plan. But of course something like that would only work if enough people are striking.

I can only hope it does.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Barzelphen capped movement by whacking a log.

I love this guy. He's so funny.

Also agility. Amazing.

Barzelphen can put in some work if he manages to reach 3 speed.

In any case, I do love those conveniently high-leveled logs.

Haldyn's so fucking funny. If you off him in his first chapter, you get a replacement unit that's arguably better than him. If you don't, he gets into a fight with Ashram and he does so incredibly badly that Ashram starts teaching him moves in the middle of the scuffle.

...And then Sujata gets stressed out, goes berserk and shanks... Karajan. For no reason. You'd think she'd go after Haldyn, considering he's the one attacking her brother, but if she did that she might kill him, so Kaga made her take it out on Karajan who just happened to be standing there. It's consistently Karajan for every time, too.

Being Karajan is suffering.

1 minute ago, BrightBow said:

Also agility. Amazing.

Barzelphen can put in some work if he manages to reach 3 speed.

In any case, I do love those conveniently high-leveled logs.

This chapter is so good for Barzelphen. You don't have to get him into a single real fight, you just have him hit logs the entire time while everyone else does things away from his stink.