Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:
1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

npc5hdqlu18c1.jpeg

@Saint Rubenio

Look what Ippei cooked

It's been sent to me yeah. I could swear I've seen this before but I won't say no to Garon and Ippei being awesome.

This definitely isn't a new one, but a joy to look at every year. Merry Christmas Eve Eve Ruben, you crass atheist.

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

China just took out the gacha industry out back and shot it in the head.

Like fucking Tencent lost billions because China said "nah your gachas gotta have a way of letting people just buy the featured character outright".

This will probably only affect Chinese gachas but it'll be interesting to see how it's handled for any that have international reach (Genshin for instance).

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I read this yesterday. The policies also include something about cracking down on daily rewards b/c they incentivize always staying connected to the game.

You know I'm not one for China's heavy-handedness when it comes to ...basically everything. Although I do see a good deal of commenters on the Internet praising the move, which says just how much gatcha is loathed in sectors of the gaming community.

China's economic policy is hilarious. You'll have these huge corporations committing terrible human right's abuses on their workers manufacturing a huge majority of products that are shipped to the rest of the world, and then the government will go "Okay but gatcha games shouldn't be exploiting the consumers like that."

Side note. This reminds me of the time China banned female models for lingerie advertisements so they started using male models instead.

30 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It's been sent to me yeah. I could swear I've seen this before but I won't say no to Garon and Ippei being awesome.

I remember that image! I believe it was I who sent it like a year ago.

21 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

China's economic policy is hilarious. You'll have these huge corporations committing terrible human right's abuses on their workers manufacturing a huge majority of products that are shipped to the rest of the world, and then the government will go "Okay but gatcha games shouldn't be exploiting the consumers like that."

Gotta get that nice boost in public image.

21 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Side note. This reminds me of the time China banned female models for lingerie advertisements so they started using male models instead.

Amazing. Good for them!

22 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

I remember that image! I believe it was I who sent it like a year ago.

Yeah thought so.

I bought a Trails calendar, more specifically this one, so I could stylishly keep track of 2024's dates. Note that while aesthetically pleasing, it has spoilers up to Reverie for the uninitiated. I didn't actually know it shipped until I got it.

I assume I am close to Tears of the Kingdom's endgame since I finished the four temples and

Spoiler

am on the quest to find the Fifth Sage. I thought I was very clever for checking the Great Sky Island first and finding a pillar of light there, but it was actually a Side Adventure that seemingly isn't part of the plot. I was annoyed enough that I checked the big storm cloud over Faron next, even though I didn't think it was available yet... and despite being mostly unable to see anything, that actually is where you're supposed to go. I also found Mecha-Mineru's body in the Construct Factory before the plot takes you there, but I didn't know what it was for at the time.

Also, the Lurelin Village restoration quest requires you to get logs. It sounds like I have to build Mechagodzilla to transport a bunch of logs there (or I could use a horse instead, but that isn't as fun) rather than just giving 15 wood pickups.

On 12/22/2023 at 6:47 AM, Saint Rubenio said:

The truest path to enlightenment is to download the JPEGs and forego the game entirely.

True! The picture of Garon in your avatar is from Heroes so perhaps you are obligated to say that.

Although, Heroes does have a chapter where the only line of dialogue is Nino saying "What if my belly gets cold?" so perhaps it is better written than any FE game.

22 hours ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

Ice is an awful painkiller. Now alcohol on the other hand…

Vr5789y.jpg

Edited by Lightchao42

8 hours ago, Lightcosmo said:

Falcom only has 65 workers? Damn, Kuro looks fucking great graphically considering that.

Damn they were an indie company the whole time?

6 hours ago, Lightcosmo said:

Me neither. New gen games are bad.

Gen 5 > 9 > 7 > everything else.

4 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

that actually is where you're supposed to go.

Well there was a Main Quest that takes you there but like with nearly everything in the game, you can just stumble upon it.

Hmm, can't post in browser. Whatever happened seems wasn't fully fixed.

Well... setting up elemental orbs for chain combos is a bit annoying when it becomes your only way to deal reliable damage. Anyway... Chapter 9 done. Will continue tomorrow.

Third run of Super Robot Wars J is complete. The Brain Blade Brigandi brigade was victorious, with Touya's Al-Van ending again. Was still fun, despite being three playthroughs of a 52-map game in a single year.😅 By the end, lack of Infernal Hades aside, it actually felt easier than the all-Super run, my team was practically untouchable. Not having to invest in HP and Armor saved a bunch of funds which I used for ten weapon upgrades in all eight Brains, plus Brigandi and Blade & Rapier, reallllly cut through everything in the final battle.😄

Will definitely take a looong break before the Calvina!Vorlent SPT SEED Successor Panic! final run. Possibly with GC and W (I keep going back & forth on this😆) ran through before making a return to J.

10 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

China is going to be running into labor force issues what might be considered the mid-term, or so I read. Turns out the one-child policy wasn't really necessary, economic modernization by itself likely would've brought the birth rate down enough to avoid perilous growth. What the one-child policy probably did was bring China's birth rate below the replacement level sooner than it would've without government intervention. Quite the "Uh-oh..." if that's actually the case.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer