• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

20 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

China is going to be running into labor force issues what might be considered the mid-term, or so I read. Turns out the one-child policy wasn't really necessary, economic modernization by itself likely would've brought the birth rate down enough to avoid perilous growth. What the one-child policy probably did was bring China's birth rate below the replacement level sooner than it would've without government intervention. Quite the "Uh-oh..." if that's actually the case.

Ahhh China. The largest communist government of our age. You can tell it's communist because they'd rather kill children than let women actively participate in the work place which would theoretically lower birthrates naturally.

11 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

The picture of Garon in your avatar is from Heroes so perhaps you are obligated to say that.

Blame the game, not the artist. Ippei's a treasure and the artwork for characters (especially those who never got any) is the only good thing about Heroes.

You know, when it's actually artwork of characters as opposed to soulless horny alts commissioned for the purpose of making money off of horny otakus.

11 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Although, Heroes does have a chapter where the only line of dialogue is Nino saying "What if my belly gets cold?" so perhaps it is better written than any FE game.

Not better than Conquest, it ain't. Or Rev. Gunter Bad.

10 hours ago, BrightBow said:

Isn't this art literally the basis for your current avatar?

Oh no, my avatar's just the regular Garon from Heroes. It is the same artist, though.

5 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Yeah, doubt I'll finish Omori before New Year. Well, no big deal.

New year's purpose?

5 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

Ahhh China. The largest communist government of our age. You can tell it's communist because they'd rather kill children than let women actively participate in the work place which would theoretically lower birthrates naturally.

Turns out capitalism was good all along. Can't have seven kids when even one is going to wreak havoc on your economy.

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh no, my avatar's just the regular Garon from Heroes. It is the same artist, though.

Yeah, that warm smile and grandfatherly face look so similar, I thought it just had to be the same one.

Also you changed to that avatar around the same time as last year. So I figured it made sense that you would pick that Garon christmas image which makes the round every year.

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

Damn they were an indie company the whole time?

Gen 5 > 9 > 7 > everything else.

Apparently they were on the lower end.

Gen 5 I agree with, but the other 2? No thank you. Xd

6 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well... setting up elemental orbs for chain combos is a bit annoying when it becomes your only way to deal reliable damage

That doesnt sound right, endgame you should be dealing absurd damage. 

It's Christmas Eve and I am still 2 chapters away from Berwick Saga's sole snow map.

It's such a nice, fluffy, christmasy map. It even has you take down a slave trader, in an obvious critique of the commercialization of Christmas.

13 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Vr5789y.jpg

Sure, let a video game dictate how you feel about my hallowed hobby of consuming alcohol.

11 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Wraith in shambles

Truly I have been bested by the logic of a series of videos games Shrimp-kun has come to abhor. Curse you Falcom, I’ll get you back, somehow.

Well, at least i can be hyped for Trails Through Daybreak, as I already know the gameplay is way better than CS, and the story while isn't perfect, still refreshing.

Will 100% be a day one buy (surprising, i know). XD

When I was a wee lad I used to be unable to sleep the night before Christmas eve because I was just so excited.

Now I'm unable to sleep because I have fucking insomnia apparently and haven't had a stable sleep pattern in like 5 months.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Turns out capitalism was good all along. Can't have seven kids when even one is going to wreak havoc on your economy.

See the great thing about capitalism is that instead of it being state enforced, the majority of couples aren't going to have any more than 1 or 2 kids anyways because they can't afford it.

1 hour ago, BrightBow said:

It's Christmas Eve and I am still 2 chapters away from Berwick Saga's sole snow map.

It's such a nice, fluffy, christmasy map. It even has you take down a slave trader, in an obvious critique of the commercialization of Christmas.

Ah yes, the classic Christmas experience of getting your movement reduced to 1.

1 minute ago, GuardianSing said:

When I was a wee lad I used to be unable to sleep the night before Christmas eve because I was just so excited.

Now I'm unable to sleep because I have fucking insomnia apparently and haven't had a stable sleep pattern in like 5 months.

Oh, dear...

1 minute ago, GuardianSing said:

See the great thing about capitalism is that instead of it being state enforced, the majority of couples aren't going to have any more than 1 or 2 kids anyways because they can't afford it.

Hurrah, less state!

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ah yes, the classic Christmas experience of getting your movement reduced to 1.

Only if you have less than 4 movement to begin with.

It's not even a problem for Marcel because he starts out right where the action is.

Ah, retroarch... what you coulda been 🙄

Seriously, I’d like five minutes alone with the dweeb who came up with this. 🤬

”Captain, what happened?”

Well, I was feelin “Blood Omeny” so I tried to play it, if anything just to see if a PS4 controller would work like it does with Openemu, and get a message like “Error - System failed to boot” . I poke around a little and figure “hmm... bios files”  🤔

No prob. I find those and scan em. Still no worky. I paste a copy in the folder where the games are installed and scanned em again. Still no worky  Looks like file path went wonky somehow, so I delete the games from RA and rescan the folder, this time with the bios files in it, and no dice.

Ok, now Im irritated because this makes no sense

I try the same thing with GameCube games and try to run one, and RA just up and crashes without so much as a “kiss my ass” 

Really?? You gotta be fuckin kiddin me 

Ah, good, can post on browser again.

3 hours ago, Lightcosmo said:

That doesnt sound right, endgame you should be dealing absurd damage. 

I mean, maybe I need to upgrade my Core Chips or something, but it's reaching the point it takes minutes to defeat even regular enemies unless I'm way overleveled. So yeah, it's Chain Combos or bust. And then those only last for so long unless enough elemental orbs are put in there... which also tends to be a hassle.

10 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

mean, maybe I need to upgrade my Core Chips or something, but it's reaching the point it takes minutes to defeat even regular enemies unless I'm way overleveled. So yeah, it's Chain Combos or bust. And then those only last for so long unless enough elemental orbs are put in there... which also tends to be a hassle.

I'd say upgrade your Core Chips yeah, along with the Arts. Also make sure your Blade Affinities are actually active since they don't activate unless you physically open the Affinity Menu (it's annoying).

Vestaria_Saga_II_v1.13.7_24_12_2023_16_4

Look at this woman.

This woman is what all true pegasus knights strive for.

I mean yeah I know, in most FEs a unit with these caps would be absolute garbage, but in this game? She cleans house

Let's see Laggyman capture her now. Maybe I'll even kill him with her! Bringing her to the Lagniel map is probably the less optimal option, seeing how it's a cave and the other map is full of walls for her to fly over, but... eh.

29 minutes ago, Capt. Fargus said:

Ah, retroarch... what you coulda been 🙄

Seriously, I’d like five minutes alone with the dweeb who came up with this. 🤬

”Captain, what happened?”

Well, I was feelin “Blood Omeny” so I tried to play it, if anything just to see if a PS4 controller would work like it does with Openemu, and get a message like “Error - System failed to boot” . I poke around a little and figure “hmm... bios files”  🤔

No prob. I find those and scan em. Still no worky. I paste a copy in the folder where the games are installed and scanned em again. Still no worky  Looks like file path went wonky somehow, so I delete the games from RA and rescan the folder, this time with the bios files in it, and no dice.

Ok, now Im irritated because this makes no sense

I try the same thing with GameCube games and try to run one, and RA just up and crashes without so much as a “kiss my ass” 

Really?? You gotta be fuckin kiddin me

Yeesh. Wish I could help you, but as before, I've never used Retroarch, I prefer my emulators standalone.

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I'd say upgrade your Core Chips yeah, along with the Arts. Also make sure your Blade Affinities are actually active since they don't activate unless you physically open the Affinity Menu (it's annoying).

Yeah, I've been doing that.

@GuardianSing

chimu.jpg

The Muralla La Cumbre. An earthen wall measuring 6 miles (9.65km) long and 8 feet (2.4m) high (or at least used to?). Built by the Chimu culture in northern Peru.

I just read a little one-paragraph story about this in Archaeology

• What archaeologists thought it was- A Chimu border wall built during the Chimor-Incan War in the 1400s AD.
  • What new research revealed- Constructed around AD 1100, as a floodwall to keep El Nino cycles from ruining Chimu fields.

For some reason, I find this discrepancy funny.

17 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I mean yeah I know, in most FEs a unit with these caps would be absolute garbage, but in this game? She cleans house

Or at least she would, if only she could access an advanced class. Like this, her caps are painfully low.

18 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Let's see Laggyman capture her now. Maybe I'll even kill him with her! Bringing her to the Lagniel map is probably the less optimal option, seeing how it's a cave and the other map is full of walls for her to fly over, but... eh.

Not to mention on that map you can get her hypnotized and turned into a maid.