• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It's a fun idea, but it really needed to be in a different game. In PoR all it does is make the game even more mindless and slow. I'd say it'd need to be better balanced, too, but I mean, Sacred Stones's 1 HP phantoms were already quite powerful. I don't know if there's really a way to balance spawning a bunch of disposable peggies onto the map with no downside.

I just thought it was once per map and then it turns out she can keep doing it.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Gatcha intra-company crossover costumes for the most part?

Xenosaga about to suffer the same fate as Xenogears (gacha crossovers only).

2 hours ago, Lightcosmo said:

I've always wondered why people are so quick to say "English dub of something is trash compared to JP." What makes JP better? Many viewers cant even understand most of  it and claim it's better... but why?

2 hours ago, Lightcosmo said:

I've always wondered why people are so quick to say "English dub of something is trash compared to JP." What makes JP better? Many viewers cant even understand most of  it and claim it's better... but why?

See there's probably quite a few bad JP dubs out there but we'll never know because we don't speak the language for me, it's just a preference. Anime? Sub. Games? Dub. But i can be flexible. Only thing i hard pass on is live-action, that has to be in it's original language. If i watch the Spanish dub of Doctor Who and i hear perfect Spanish come out of David Tennant's mouth in a voice that isn't his, it's going to be pretty distracting. Same with JP Godzilla, i refuse to watch the English dubs of those. 

2 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Even the VA is done with CS

Actually i think that was Covid.

1w4jouznxz501.jpg

14 hours ago, Armagon said:

I'll never forget Intsys hyping up Gunnthra's arrival for months only to immediately kill her off. It's like the bit from Spy Kids 3.

Oh yeah, I remember the time when everyone thought IS would give us Elijah Wood... I mean Gunnthrá for free.

14 hours ago, Armagon said:

Hint:

You mean I have to be bad at giving Christmas presents to progress the plot?

I didn't realize how much I strayed from the intended progression until I looked up what I was supposed to do.

Spoiler

So you're actually supposed to go to Kakariko Village and do a whole quest there to find out where to go, hence why Purah tells you to check ancient ruins. But my mind went "Ancient ruins? Obviously I should check the sky or the depths" and I ended up finding Mineru's location on my own. Then you're supposed to go on another quest to find the Deku Tree and learn where the Master Sword is, but of course I already found it and met the Deku Tree before I cleared my second dungeon. I also thought Mineru might be secretly evil for a time, so I apologize to her for that. Trails must've corrupted my mind.

In hindsight, it was probably because I spent so much time goofing around and doing the Dragon's Tears quest early on.

32 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Only thing i hard pass on is live-action, that has to be in it's original language. If i watch the Spanish dub of Doctor Who and i hear perfect Spanish come out of David Tennant's mouth in a voice that isn't his, it's going to be pretty distracting. Same with JP Godzilla, i refuse to watch the English dubs of those. 

I mostly agree but I'm going to miss English Minilla. I expect Japanese Minilla to have an anime girl voice instead, even though anime girls didn't exist yet at the time.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

See there's probably quite a few bad JP dubs out there but we'll never know because we don't speak the language for me, it's just a preference. Anime? Sub. Games? Dub. But i can be flexible. Only thing i hard pass on is live-action, that has to be in it's original language. If i watch the Spanish dub of Doctor Who and i hear perfect Spanish come out of David Tennant's mouth in a voice that isn't his, it's going to be pretty distracting. Same with JP Godzilla, i refuse to watch the English dubs of those. 

I agree, but why should JP dubs just get a pass? Because we can't understand it and therefore it sounds better? Really?

2 hours ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

Merry Drunkmas to all and to all a drunken night!

Not a drop of alcohol in my system. I had to drive us home.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

I just thought it was once per map and then it turns out she can keep doing it.

Not that she even needs to, one volley alone is enough to disrupt the entire map.

49 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

I finally have a fucking laptop again.

The skeleton is back.

I can engage tears of wonder now.😛

Also, acquired a 32oz/0.946 liter water bottle.

s-l1600.jpg

Limited edition, from a collection with a vaguely "cosmic" styling, and I do sorta like space.🪐 It can glow in the dark. I wasn't expecting this.😆

Even more unexpected- a house plant.🪴 I pray my complete lack of an IRL green thumb doesn't kill it, even though it's supposed to be extremely easy to take care of.🥀

-And I got a National Geographic History subscription, so that's five brainy magazines I'm getting a monthly/bi-monthly basis now.🤓

---

@Armagon You've mentioned chicha before, and it came up in the Archaeology article was I just reading. The Peruvian alcoholic version was consumed by the Taki Onqoy (Quecha for "dancing sickness") religious/cultural resistance movement to Spanish/Catholic authority in Peru during the 1500s. Participants in the resistance would drink chicha, enter a trancelike state, and then perform frenzied ritual dances. Other members of the community would make revere the dancers, make animal sacrifice, feast and do some dancing and drinking themselves over events lasting a couple days, all to appease the traditional Andean gods- the huacas. Spanish/Catholic authorities were terrified by the maddened dancing which was totally not-Christian, and so suppressed the movement. Although local frenetic dancing traditions in the areas where the Taki Onqoy once existed continue to show influence from the failed cultural rebellion, occasionally with extreme acts such as walking on fire or eating glass.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

11 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

How is the DLC of that game anyway? Can't say I ever had much of a connection to Rayman, so that alone is not quite enough for me.

Armagon's the one who played it, he said it was pretty good but you'd have to ask him for more details. Or, find his write-up about it.

Phoros why are you like this.

...And why am I like this? I didn't remember to give Salyna an impetus staff to prevent... precisely this situation where Arielle's horrible 5 move can't reach Phoros. I keep trying to manufacture a situation where she can reach him, but then he just moves to the other side of the map.

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Phoros why are you like this.

...And why am I like this? I didn't remember to give Salyna an impetus staff to prevent... precisely this situation where Arielle's horrible 5 move can't reach Phoros. I keep trying to manufacture a situation where she can reach him, but then he just moves to the other side of the map.

I just always position Arielle straight North of Phoros starting point. That way there is only one enemy in front of Phoros. I use the Deathseeker for that one, so that an unlucky Shield activation does not screw me over.

7 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

I just always position Arielle straight North of Phoros starting point. That way there is only one enemy in front of Phoros. I use the Deathseeker for that one, so that an unlucky Shield activation does not screw me over.

I forgor Phoros and had Arielle on fort blocking duty. Then she couldn't make it down on time to nab him easily.

Ended up having to massacre half his army, but who cares. They were always going to get their arses kicked when they made it to the capital anyway. And then Phoros would dare to get sassy with Zade, because he follows the family tradition of being an idiot, like Weakwilled Leader Who Is Exonerated Of Fault By Kaga Because He's A Filthy Monarchist 4, Kempf 5 and Girl Who Refuses To Use Her Literal Resurrection Powers When She REALLY Should 1.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I forgor Phoros and had Arielle on fort blocking duty. Then she couldn't make it down on time to nab him easily.

Fort blocking? Just snipe the convoys with fliers from the water. The guys in the forts won't move if nobody is in range.

There is even an inaccessible spot in the trees, seemingly just so that bodyguards with 2 range can't target you on the water.

Edited by BrightBow

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Not a drop of alcohol in my system. I had to drive us home.

Why would your friends and/or family be so cruel?

1 hour ago, Capt. Fargus said:

None for me thank ya. I gotta work tomorrow 

Not even a single drink?

40 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Fort blocking? Just snipe the convoys with fliers from the water. The guys in the forts won't move if nobody is in range.

There is even an inaccessible spot in the trees, seemingly just so that bodyguards with 2 range can't target you on the water.

Yes, but that's boring.

18 minutes ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

Why would your friends and/or family be so cruel?

We've been over this, Wraith. I don't drink.