Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

19 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

and the other being Eldigan...and that's about it

Also a character you aren't supposed to kill although I don't think the difference is too much.

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

It’s such a breath of fresh air reading Glen Cook once again. It makes me realize that fantasy can be great instead of it being a harrowing experience.

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Speaking of invincible stuff, I just booted up BS again, moved on to Chapter 11. Now I see what you meant. I was taken aback on first sight, only to read through to the sweet mercy of good old Jeorgian/Vaidan AI. They should've given him something exclusive the Collector wants. Though I'm still breathing heavily, because, as I've said before, I don't trust Berwick maps.😬 Looking reasonable at a glance can still mean plenty o' reloads. If you find these relaxing, I take it you sleep on a bed of hot glass shards with a blanket of living fire ants and a pillow of solid nitrogen (freezing point -210C).

Gahahaha, well, what can I say.

Yes?

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

BTW, where's the hunter guy hiding? I don't feel like aimlessly probing around for him.

In the forests to the south of Zephyrus, on the opposite edge of the map.

3 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

The claim is not unfounded. Sigurd can solo gen 1 with little to no effort. Only some bosses present danger to him

Alot of players (including me) have that experience.

I'm so happy for you and Excel. Meanwhile, I tried to have him solo ONE group of enemies, the ones chasing Byron. He got murdered miserably. Needed to advance the army. And again, the first group of brigands in the game? Too much for him. There was no point of my run where he was anything more than a Strong Cavalier. Certainly no Seth.

I don't know. I wish I understood why he treated me so poorly.

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Like in chapter 3, he moves around the forest hexes. You might catch a glimpse of him when yellow moves. Or at least see some leaves flying around. That effect lasts for a bit whenever someone moves into a forest hex.

I never bring a dedicated Watchful user. Finding him tends to be easy enough. Worst case scenario you can have Ward poke into the forests until he bumps into him.

21 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Certainly no Seth.

Is anyone? Not RD Haar, either. Seth is a different class simply because FE8 is so easy.

30 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well that forces me to have a reason to move beyond the starting zone.

At least it isn't the forest directly next to Zeph's crew (why does it feel like Kaga yet again -Tia & Sennet- wrote another story begging to be given its own game, within his game?). But then that forest is just a little too small to hide the NPC guy without the wyverns being adjacent to him.

And, thank you!😀 And Ward thanks you too because now I'm not going to be wasting his time fruitlessly checking every patch of woods.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Well that forces me to have a reason to move beyond the starting zone.

At least it isn't the forest directly next to Zeph's crew (why does it feel like Kaga yet again -Tia & Sennet- wrote another story begging to be given its own game, within his game?). But then that forest is just a little too small to hide the NPC guy without the wyverns being adjacent to him.

And, thank you!😀 And Ward thanks you too because now I'm not going to be wasting his time fruitlessly checking every patch of woods.

Make sure to place some markers for the range of the wyverns.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I'm so happy for you and Excel. Meanwhile, I tried to have him solo ONE group of enemies, the ones chasing Byron. He got murdered miserably. Needed to advance the army. And again, the first group of brigands in the game? Too much for him. There was no point of my run where he was anything more than a Strong Cavalier. Certainly no Seth.

I don't know. I wish I understood why he treated me so poorly.

Still not as bad as the time my Hector failed to get enough kills to promote. I went into endgame and he was a Lv.7 Lord.

2 hours ago, Lightcosmo said:

Is anyone? Not RD Haar, either. Seth is a different class simply because FE8 is so easy.

Yeah, and yet I keep seeing people who outright say Sigurd is more powerful than Seth. Like Seth doesn't effortlessly kill his entire game with no thought required.

31 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

he is better tbh

Case in point!

How? In what universe? It is literally easier to solo FE8 with Seth than to play with a regular team. There is exactly 1 enemy in the entire game that can begin to threaten Seth, the halbers guy in chapter 6. Seth is autobattle for his game. HOW is Sigurd better? He can die against the first group of enemies in the game if he gets hit enough times! I feel like I'm going mad!!

31 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Still not as bad as the time my Hector failed to get enough kills to promote. I went into endgame and he was a Lv.7 Lord.

I mean, I have vivid memories of taking both him and Roy to their respective endgames at level 1, years ago.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Case in point!

How? In what universe?

you can bench Seth

You can't Sigurd 😛

There is exactly 1 enemy in the entire game that can begin to threaten Seth

that's 1 more than Sigurd

He can die against the first group of enemies in the game if he gets hit enough times!

He can get hit?
They can even damage him?

8 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

you can bench Seth

You can't Sigurd 😛

Okay? You can't bench Roy. Dors that make him better than Seth?

8 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

that's 1 more than Sigurd

lol

Fuckin

lol

I mean c'mon you literally said yourself, Ayra and Eldigan. Among others like generic brigands.

9 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

He can get hit?
They can even damage him?

Damn right they can!

3 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

Lol Ruben malding to Sigurd shilling.

Again.

Grrrrrr guuhhh graaah. Angy.

22 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

you can bench Seth

You can't Sigurd 😛

Is this really good justification? Because you can argue that Sigurd misses alot of combat due to throne stupidity. XD

17 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

one can be recruited pretty easily and the other is a siscon, nullifying their threat

Yeah, okay. And the bandit groups that kill him if he gets unlucky?

6 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Meanwhile Seth dies to that guy with the Halberd in chapter 6.

Yes, and exactly nothing else. All you need to do is javelin that guy to death and the game is straight up over.

15 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Still pretty hard to believe tbh, if not straight up impossible

It very much has to be possible.

If enemies couldn't hit and damage Sigurd, they wouldn't even attack him.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

That is a thing? :lol: I would've assumed that you just get a Lv.7/1 Great Lord anyway.

45 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yes, and exactly nothing else. All you need to do is javelin that guy to death and the game is straight up over.

You also out-range him and he starts with his Iron Axe equipped, so Seth can just waltz in and Iron Sword him. Just needs Colm with a torch to make sure you don't accidentally let him attack you.

The "easy" lategame Berwick map.😐 Began okay-ish, though my brain got hasty and ignored both number-crunching and enemy inventories, and I didn't distribute Vulneraries as I should've.😅

Then somewhere around turn 10 in the middle of the map, the reloading began. No shortage of it, again. I think I needed Aegina to proc Miracle once or twice. Ward a little belatedly and perilously, got his one job done, with Elbert and plenty of dodging for a hairy extraction from what became a difficult situation. -But then, enemy cavalry reinforcements started coming at me, and between their Canto and the lack of a traditional FE round of combat where I'd stand a chance of ORKOing them on the EP, the likelihood of dispatching these is looking rather slim. My notion of simply staying at the defend/escape point (maybe Vanishstone on Ward if I wanted to complete the one request) doesn't feel like it would have worked, it doesn't take very much enemy pressure on an open map like this to get someone dead in BS.

I feel like my mistakes go back to the very start of the map. Maybe bringing Marcel wasn't a bad idea, but Faye might've been even if it seemed like an easy chance to get her an extra level or two. Not sure what good Sylvis has really been here either. So, perhaps I need to restart from the beginning. -But then, even if I did, I'd still likely find myself in need of reloads of both the ingame and emulative kinds again. And if I didn't do that, well I'd be relying on a perfect string of RNs to get through. Either way, plenty o' time and frustration for one map. An experience that I predict will be had for the remaining six maps, which on paper looks like so few, yet feels like the Himalayas -if you dug them out of the ground, turned them on their side, and tried climbing that. I'm not eager to tackle them, I fear 'em.

This game is a slo- no. These maps are all the sa- no. Perhaps I should -no. I concede this is my fault, I wouldn't be complaining about Marcel's lacking offense if only I saw that Zweihander as more than an heirloom for the descendants he won't have because not using it got him killed. If only I could remember how this game felt prior to my year-plus hiatus, although I sure don't recall it being entirely smooth and happy experience either, but at least I hope I wasn't as consistently frustrated. What a- don't bother writing that. -The point being I've never dropped an FE, I enjoy them all. And sure I like Berwick's peculiarities, they don't inherently turn me off, at all. Maybe I've just become more of a quitter nowadays, unfortunately. But I really don't want to. But, this old Kaga thing doesn't have an easy mode (not even what would work for one, given lolBSstats, a few less enemies and or weaker equips and less skills on them?) which I'd consider caving into at this precise moment.

🚬

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Still pretty hard to believe tbh, if not straight up impossible

I swear to God. Tonight I'm spending the night at my family's but when I get computer access again I'm checking. I need to know if I hallucinated my entire FE4 run

1 hour ago, ping said:

You also out-range him and he starts with his Iron Axe equipped, so Seth can just waltz in and Iron Sword him. Just needs Colm with a torch to make sure you don't accidentally let him attack you.

Yep. This is it, guys. The only enemy that threatens Seth in his entire game.

23 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

R1RZ4qV.jpg

RR Ironman is a go!

Old People Squad time.

12 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

This game is a slo- no. These maps are all the sa- no. Perhaps I should -no. I concede this is my fault, I wouldn't be complaining about Marcel's lacking offense if only I saw that Zweihander as more than an heirloom for the descendants he won't have because not using it got him killed. If only I could remember how this game felt prior to my year-plus hiatus, although I sure don't recall it being entirely smooth and happy experience either, but at least I hope I wasn't as consistently frustrated. What a- don't bother writing that. -The point being I've never dropped an FE, I enjoy them all. And sure I like Berwick's peculiarities, they don't inherently turn me off, at all. Maybe I've just become more of a quitter nowadays, unfortunately. But I really don't want to. But, this old Kaga thing doesn't have an easy mode (not even what would work for one, given lolBSstats, a few less enemies and or weaker equips and less skills on them?) which I'd consider caving into at this precise moment.

Well, I'll just say, hey if it ain't your jam, it ain't your jam. No shame in it.