• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

29 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

You might be joking - but yes, if you are going for an evasion tank, you have to make sure enemies don't have 0 hit on them

You also have to make sure the hit on them is not that high either (preferably below 20%) cuz 1RN

They really said dodge tanks have to be purposely bad at their jobs a little bit.

> Boasts excellent Physickal Attack. Can lower enemy Physickal Defense. Can strike foes with a follow-up attack at the end of a battle.

Pursuit flashbacks

Unicorn-Overlord_2024_01-18-24_038-1024x

Most broken class found?

Unicorn-Overlord_2024_01-18-24_050-320x2

Kinshi Knight but cute?

Unicorn-Overlord_2024_01-18-24_021-1024x

Ruben's Waifu?

> The character set as leader will apply their “Leader Effect” to the unit. For example, a unit led by the Housecarl class can use its leader effect to quickly destroy obstacles like barricades. There are various other leader effects, so be sure to reference them when organizing your units.

So can i just set a flying unit as a leader and go full powerhouse?

> Lord

>Pony promotion

Unicorn-Overlord_2024_01-18-24_076-1024x

I see where we are going with this

7 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

How does Hanneman factor into all this? Nobleman who hates the system and is actively working to introduce communism even though it directly screws him out of his status

Peter Kropotkin, obviously. Conquest of Bread? More like Fire Emblem Three Houses Conquest.

1 minute ago, GuardianSing said:

Peter Kropotkin, obviously

Okay I want that man's beard. That's a top tier beard.

1 minute ago, GuardianSing said:

Conquest of Bread? More like Fire Emblem Three Houses Conquest.

I also need this game.

4 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Monkey's paw: 3 Houses base with Conquest characters and Awakening maps

Implying Awakening's maps are significantly worse than Three Houses's maps

There's still hope, there's still hope--

4 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Also no Garon or Iago

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Oh yeah a true massacre is happening

Etie

Celine

Hortensia

Chloe

Without a doubt that dumbest move i've done this ironman, and on such an easy map, too....

This will hurt

This will hurt aloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot

Why did i turn my mind off now

Did ch.17 use all my skill or something xD

Thank god i didn't lose Rosado or i might as well have given up xD

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

Unicorn-Overlord_2024_01-18-24_006.jpg?e

"Rosalinde’s twin sister and the Turenos of Elheim. Unable to resist Zenoira’s onslaught, she surrendered and chose to lead from within captivity."

Kaga could never do this.

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Unicorn-Overlord_2024_01-18-24_021-1024x

Ruben's Waifu?

Glad to see some more exaggerated Vanillaware designs making it through. I remember @Interdimensional Observer saying the designs so far felt kinda subdued and they still are but at least this shows they still have room for the more "fun" ones.

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

So can i just set a flying unit as a leader and go full powerhouse?

Keep in mind it's not the same type of SRPG as Fire Emblem so idk how broken fliers are gonna be in comparison.

This is, without a doubt, the dumbest move i've done in the history of me playing the series XD

19 minutes ago, Armagon said:

she surrendered and chose to lead from within captivity."

Kaga could never do this

watch her be in chains and Vanilla pulling a Kaga 😛

20 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Keep in mind it's not the same type of SRPG as Fire Emblem so idk how broken fliers are gonna be in comparison.

I still doubt they won't be one of the stronger classes

Ironman losses so far:

• Chapter 13: Ivy, Anna, Louis
  • Chapter 14: Mauvier
  • Chapter 16: Fogado, Alfred
  • Miccy Paralogue: Diamant, Citrinne
  • Corrin Paralogue: Celine, Etie, Chloe and Hortensia

Wow the Firene population is really getting culled this run lol

Only Bouch and Jean remaining lmao

6 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

No, I'm pretty sure that is just Ruben. Can't believed you just doxxed him. 

But Ruben is a knight not a manwitch

39 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Without a doubt that dumbest move i've done this ironman, and on such an easy map, too....

Ahh, I can relate. I do this all the time whenever I ironman. When you know a map is difficult, you put 110% of your brain power into it. Then you get to the easy map and your mind subconsciously goes "aw yeah easy peasy map, let's just take it easy" and you end up getting distracted, overlooking things and this leads to that...

7 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

No, I'm pretty sure that is just Ruben. Can't believed you just doxxed him. 

You got me. It's true, that was the secret. It's me.

Just now, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Wait what? Since when?

Edited by Saint Rubenio

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:
9 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Wait what? Since when?

Do I make a fat joke here or just mock your intelligence?

In other news, I watched (or rather, skimmed though) the xbox direct. Mostly just wanted to see what this new Indiana Jones game is about.

Lots of canned animations, lots of cutscenes, lots of big graphics that I'd need a new computer for. Nothing all that interesting. That goes for the entire event. The most interesting thing was this gag they pulled where, at the end of the Indy showcase, a dev is giving a spiel and on the background you can see out-of-focus Todd Howard pop up behind a table, steal an idol sitting on it and then sinking back into the shadows. That got a chuckle out of me.

1 hour ago, Shaky Jones said:

Do I make a fat joke here or just mock your intelligence?

As a skeleton, you really have an unfair advantage when it comes to fat jokes. But since you also lack a brain, I don't know if you're in a position to make jokes about anybody's intelligence.

10 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I have an ancient CD with MAME and a ton of ROMs prepackaged that's been doing the rounds for like 20 years in this house. Pretty sure I extracted the files onto the computer that my mom now has.

I'd always toyed with the idea of updating, but I did see that this emulator breaks if the ROMs themselves aren't updated as well for some reason? So perhaps it's for the best to keep that one lol. Plus, the menu gives me nostalgia....

The latest version of MAME is 0.261 or something like that. I installed 0.199. Now everything works again, particularly Double Dragon 2 which the latest version doesnt like. Hell, Golden Axe might even work in this one

I dont have nothin crazy on that, just the games I grew up with. The newest one is probably X-men from like 1992 Lol

Funny how time marches on. I remember having a crowd watching me play Double Dragon once. Now I’m playin it at home 😎

Makes me wonder how much money I coulda saved if I had a crystal ball 🤣

>invests into a low lvl unit and gives him good weapons
>Plan works out and he is doing his job
>Mf'er decides to miss a critical attack
>dies

Another one

ANOTHER ONE

Jean down, only the Bouch alive from Firene xD

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

36 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

In other news, I watched (or rather, skimmed though) the xbox direct. Mostly just wanted to see what this new Indiana Jones game is about.

I wasn't like, hyped over an Indiana Jones game that much but I was still mildly interested in it. Let me see what it looks li-

>First person

Wow I kinda.... don't care now. Maybe on a sale.

19 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I take it you mean he missed in a life and death situation and not that he missed a critical.

Honestly man, I think you're kinda fucked for the upcoming slaughterfests that are Ch.21, 22 and 25 if you even make it that far.

22 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I take it you mean he missed in a life and death situation

yeah

22 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Honestly man, I think you're kinda fucked for the upcoming slaughterfests that are Ch.21, 22 and 25 if you even make it that far.

I am more afraid of ch.19, especially because....

O7EYNWw.png

Why

The

fuck

Can

he

use

STAVES?????

That said, the fact that i lost the 4 units in the dumbest move i ever did will hurt me alot late game - but, i still have back up plans and some really good units - might still be able to clutch something here - especially since i am building my units towards certain late game plans i know i can use

Just

I can't lose Rosado

At all.

44 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

>invests into a low lvl unit and gives him good weapons
>Plan works out and he is doing his job
>dies

Another one

ANOTHER ONE

Jean down, only the Bouch alive from Firene xD

"Who's bouching now, fuckers?"

- Boucheron, probably.

23 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I wasn't like, hyped over an Indiana Jones game that much but I was still mildly interested in it. Let me see what it looks li-

>First person

Wow I kinda.... don't care now. Maybe on a sale.

The devs are the folks who made the modern Wolfenstein games. I guess they didn't want to stray too far from their area of expertise.

Personally, I was more worried about the shots of fist fighting. I grew up with Emperor's Tomb, and that game had the best fucking combat system. Indy was so obscenely broken that you could win against even five guys with pistols just by eating lead and taking them down one-by-one, but it was still a lot of fun. So many options, like 15 different combos, grabbing enemies, throwing them at other enemies to knock them over like bowling pins, using furniture as makeshift weaponry... And that's without even getting into actual weaponry! It was so responsive! So satisfying! So... good!

So when I see this and it's all weightless canned animations, well... Eh. I do like that it uses the iconic Indy punch sounds that sound nothing like punches (or at least something similar). That's a nice touch.

Personally, I'm just kinda sad that we don't seem like we're getting a Lego Indy in the style of Skywalker Saga. Skywalker Saga had about as much depth as a half-evaporated puddle, but with only five movies to tackle instead of nine, they could definitely have fleshed out each adventure more in an Indy game.

Just now, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

O7EYNWw.png

Why

The

fuck

Can

he

use

STAVES?????

"Hmm, the fact that Mauvier and Micaiah are both now on the player's side kinda breaks this map's ambush. What to do?"

"I know! Just cheap and let Vandad use staves!"