• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Teehee

HcHXo8i.jpg

Images that are satisfying. I finished Super Mario Galaxy when I was younger but I never got every star until now.

On 1/25/2024 at 6:24 PM, Armagon said:

How does a fighting game get killed by a gacha?

By making the creator leave the company, of course. Though at least the story was concluded beforehand, and Guilty Gear existing means that Arc System Works didn't have much incentive to continue it regardless.

On 1/26/2024 at 5:29 AM, BrightBow said:

Mario's drunk driving on the bottom screen is the funniest thing.

Preventing this is the reason why Peach and Bowser don't drink champagne in the international releases.

On 1/26/2024 at 10:15 AM, Armagon said:

Screenshot_2024-01-26-10-09-24-58_08ec35

Ok.

The public education system never prepared us for FEH math.

4 hours ago, BrightBow said:

Technically this entire scenario comes down to Briggid protecting Claude.

In gameplay, yeah, due to their roles as units and stuff. Still, Claude just happens to come under fire because Briggid is running in the same direction he is, if I recall correctly. Not quite the same as all the cases of man protect woman in Kaga's games. Though Briggid's one of the cooler Jugdral girls, certainly. Do yell at me if I got the sequence of events wrong, this part of FE4 is super fuzzy in my memory.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Although Mario Rabbids is kinda chapter by chapter for the most part

still has those stupid mob battles tho -atleast in sparks of hope - afaik first one didn't have those

Just now, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

still has those stupid mob battles tho -atleast in sparks of hope - afaik first one didn't have those

Yeah that's only Sparks of Hope. The original was strictly designed battles.

Actually, a number of factors like this make a bunch of people call the first one better. I've been thinking for a while maybe I should revisit it at some point, see how right they are, but the world map tedium daunts me. I tried to replay the game once and couldn't get into it again because of the world map and the team building restrictions.

Doubt

1 hour ago, Lightchao42 said:

By making the creator leave the company, of course

That bad huh.

29 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

True but at the same time the mob battles are optional for the most part.

19 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

tried to replay the game once and couldn't get into it again because of the world map and the team building restrictions.

Kingdom Battle is a lot more restrictive yeah. From the fact that the maps have to work within the world, Mario being a forced deployment and the fact that the game generally discourages changing up teams because of how stingy the coins are to upgrade things.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Kingdom Battle is a lot more restrictive yeah. From the fact that the maps have to work within the world, Mario being a forced deployment and the fact that the game generally discourages changing up teams because of how stingy the coins are to upgrade things.

That and character availability. What the heck are you supposed to do with the two Yoshis when they barely exist? This isn't like FE where you can have late-joining characters to use in a pinch if you need a reliable filler or a replacement for a death. Those two have unique abilities distinct from the rest, and iirc they need investment just the same. You just don't get to use them because Ubisoft Milan blatantly hates Yoshi.

Between the huge restrictions, the availability shenanigans and the weird balance, for most of the game the choice's basically just between Luigi and a couple of rabbids. The sequel definitely has more interesting team building. Though I can see where the first game's fans are coming from, in some respects.

Perhaps we'll see what they do with a prospective third M&R. I'm becoming less skeptical of its chances. Apparently, Ubisoft's claims be damned, SoH's sold 3 million copies now, which is absolutely fantastic for a sequel in a niche genre and is in line with the first game's trajectory. Heck, some time ago the CEO of Hell Ubisoft himself went on record saying they were advised by Nintendo to wait and put the game on the Switch 2, and they're blaming its weaker sales on that. So we might just get more Mario XCOM yet. Sadly it'll be on the Switch 2 and I really don't know when I'm going to be able to bring myself to get another console, but oh well.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Doubt

33 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

DOUBT

But to finish the story, you must first release another game, which requires you release yet another game, which requires you release yet one more game, which requires...

-The philosophy of the the ancient Greek philosopher named Zeno of Elea. That being- motion Trails story completion is an illusion, because you will always need to cross another infinitely divisible smaller unit of distance than the one you intended to release another game. -Is this what you're arguing?😛

19 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

This partnership between Gamillas and the Jupiter Empire is interesting, mostly in why it happens. In the early stages there's a lot of mentions how the humans of Jupiter no longer seem to have any kinship with the humans on the other side of the Asteroid Belt. This is indeed the case in UC Gundam, where humans on the Earth Sphere are wary of Jupiterians, due to the fact they live in the fringes of civilization. That large distance has basically Other'ed them, and the feeling is mutual. I guess this is another factor why SRW V put Crossbone Gundam in the NCC World. Since they could have this alliance happen, as the Jupiter Empire is now as alien to Earth as the Gamillas are.

There is something poetic in this that I like. One might argue human history, confined to the blue sphere, has led to a gradual decline in the splintering of humanity, despite newfangled efforts to divide it. Leaving the planet, into the vastness of space, could such an optimistic trajectory endure?🤓

2 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

HcHXo8i.jpg

Images that are satisfying. I finished Super Mario Galaxy when I was younger but I never got every star until now.

Congrats.

I never managed to get the all stars in SMG myself. So while I was aware of L b/c I had the Prima guide, I never got him. How much better it was that SMG2 decided to simply have him unlock partway through the game, and not force you to go through it twice with a slightly different character.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

In gameplay, yeah, due to their roles as units and stuff. Still, Claude just happens to come under fire because Briggid is running in the same direction he is, if I recall correctly. Not quite the same as all the cases of man protect woman in Kaga's games. Though Briggid's one of the cooler Jugdral girls, certainly. Do yell at me if I got the sequence of events wrong, this part of FE4 is super fuzzy in my memory.

Sure, but it's not like the scenario isn't deliberately set up in a way that you'd need to rely on Briggid to keep Claude and Tiltyu alive. I mean, Claude doesn't even carry a weapon.
And Briggid can't realistically make a stand until she is near the tower because she needs to take advantage of the terrain so the pirates don't immediately surround her.

Edited by BrightBow

After advancing the story some, I have been made sergeant at the mercenary guild for... some reason. So now I've learned a new ability, link, which lets me perform battle formations with all four characters concurrently.

The main draw of this is that, after a multitude of battles where... either a link's been performed or a link is active when the battle ends? I'm not sure of the specifics, but basically, this allows Jack to learn skills from his peers. Which adds an incentive to use the weaker recruits and trying out different characters rather than sticking with one team.

So anyway, the questmaster sent me to look for these fabled clothes at a goblin cemetery. They are said to possess magical powers, allowing its wearers to be lively and able to work for 24 hours a day. After a lot of fights and a boss fight, I was able to find the clothes, which turned out to just be a dusty old suit.

Only when returning to the guild and speaking to Thanos did it hit me what the joke was.

Radiata_Stories_SLUS-21262_20240128202910.png?ex=65c922b1&is=65b6adb1&hm=fd49901f78986a8376088dac9dd557d3ebc33ff58c0a94605bfaa4c68d9a34c0&

These are the clothes.

This game keeps getting better and better.

In less happy news, I did a quick check of a guide to ensure I was on rails for a specific bit of the game (I was, nothing to be done there) and accidentally discovered that I'd missed something else entirely because I didn't do the side quests in the right order. There's a prohibitely short window to perform this event between doing a specific sidequest and triggering the next story event. The story event ambushes you when you enter Jack's house, which contains the only save point. Apparently I've now lost a whole bunch of major characters.

That's so odd. The game's been pretty logical about its recruitments so far. Why make this event so easy to miss? I wasn't expecting to get everyone on my first run, and honestly with 175 characters this probably won't be too bad, but I would've hoped to miss characters from less... weird reasons. Oh, well.

5 minutes ago, Capt. Fargus said:

Alright, what gives? 🤔

Somebody change the name of the thread again?

Thread Creator pops in every now and then.

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

There is something poetic in this that I like. One might argue human history, confined to the blue sphere, has led to a gradual decline in the splintering of humanity, despite newfangled efforts to divide it. Leaving the planet, into the vastness of space, could such an optimistic trajectory endure?🤓

Mhm. Both distance and means of communication. Since in UC Gundam canon, it's also the fact any contact is only done by actually traveling from one place to the other. That helps further mark the divide.

Okay, time for the DLC stages.

First one seems to be from when Hathaway recently transferred to the Tuatha de Dannan. Which he did as he's basically test piloting the Ξ Gundam. Hm? From the dialogue, it looks like Chan Agi is still alive. Which is... certainly not how it went in Char's Counterattack. Then again, a semi-tweaked outcome was already a thing for the Zambot 3 cast, so I guess this is also different.

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Thread Creator pops in every now and then.

Dagnabbit... Im autistic. We dont like our cheese moved. I gotta keep tellin the wifey not to do that 🧐

Anyhoo, in other news for whoever feels like readin it, Took a lil break from my Triangle Strategy game. Got to like Chapter 6 or 7 with that battle that says “recommended lvl 9” and thought “Oh shit. My guys are all lbl 5 and 6. Liable to get my ass handed to me” Been buffin everybody up a bit with rings and smithy upgrades til today when I couldnt resist firin up the SNES emulator to play a little Secret of Mana. That made for a nice walk down memory lane since I aint played that in about 30 years. 😎

Oh, the second one seems to actually be set in the "present". As in, when the map actually unlocks. The premise is a simulation battle.

Heh, I finally get a prompt to choose which battleship to deploy? Only the Ptolemy and Nadesico are available... but the Yamato is auto-deployed and the selectable number is two anyway. So I guess the Tuatha de Dannan is sitting this one out. The simulation is done in VR, but seems they're sticking to the Tuatha only be usable in Water and Space. That said, the other DLC gave me a Minovsky Craft. Maybe this one can let the Tuatha actually fly, and not the Flight Module.

Anyway, as a simulation, the enemies are basically an all-star cast. As in, all, or at least almost all, the boss-type enemies fought so far... which includes all six of, well, Hokushin's Six. Though for Cross Ange it's a couple of the higher-tier dragons. Okay then... let's roll!

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Screenshot_2024-01-28-17-45-58-84_0b2fce

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Those two have unique abilities distinct from the rest, and iirc they need investment just the same. You just don't get to use them because Ubisoft Milan blatantly hates Yoshi.

Yeah Yoshi himself comes in like in the literal final world. Compare this to Bowser in Sparks of Hope, who joins in World 3 and there's still like more than half the game to go give or take.

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

But to finish the story, you must first release another game, which requires you release yet another game, which requires you release yet one more game, which requires...

-The philosophy of the the ancient Greek philosopher named Zeno of Elea. That being- motion Trails story completion is an illusion, because you will always need to cross another infinitely divisible smaller unit of distance than the one you intended to release another game. -Is this what you're arguing?😛

Well, back when CS4/Reviere came out, it was said that the story was 60% done. There's no way that jumped up to 90% in just three games when it took 10 just to reach the 60% mark.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Well, back when CS4/Reviere came out, it was said that the story was 60% done. There's no way that jumped up to 90% in just three games when it took 10 just to reach the 60% mark.

apparently, Kondood told the team to stop stalling lmao

"Stop padding out the story, we need to finish this so get moving!"

https://old.reddit.com/r/JRPG/comments/1ad6ijd/summary_of_recent_interviews_with_falcom/

Apparently Kuro 2 criticism was really loud

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

Doubt

To be fair, "the series will be 90% complete after Kai" and "there are five more games" aren't mutually exclusive (as unusual as that sounds). It's probably meant to hype up how many mysteries will be revealed rather than an indication of how many games there will be afterwards.

And anyway, you should be happy that Ouroboros's motives might be explained this time.

5 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Congrats.

I never managed to get the all stars in SMG myself. So while I was aware of L b/c I had the Prima guide, I never got him. How much better it was that SMG2 decided to simply have him unlock partway through the game, and not force you to go through it twice with a slightly different character.

Thank you. Now that I think about it, getting to play the game again as Luigi as a sort of New Game Plus is a fun reward. Galaxy was the first 3D Mario to include him, so it was probably a pleasant surprise getting to play as him (if you didn't read about it in the guide beforehand, like I did).

Not to mention, there are two Luigis in Luigi mode, and everyone knows two Luigis are better than one.

51 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

CYL LEAK

Fake, everyone knows Oliver will win.

Edited by Lightchao42

12 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

apparently, Kondood told the team to stop stalling lmao

"Stop padding out the story, we need to finish this so get moving!"

https://old.reddit.com/r/JRPG/comments/1ad6ijd/summary_of_recent_interviews_with_falcom/

Apparently Kuro 2 criticism was really loud

The story being rushed because of negative feedback. Now where have i seen that before........

1000.png?ex=65c963cc&is=65b6eecc&hm=4166

5 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Fake, everyone knows Oliver will win.

Nah it's gonna be Brigand Boss.