• Replies 177.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J256.pngFire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J257.png

Oh fuck you.

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J261.png

Oh thank god, the guard finally died of hypothermia.

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J266.png

Jesus Christ, I don't even need any other units anymore, she has fills all but one niche.

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J268.png

"So please take his book and use it to kill people at twice the normal speed."

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J269.png

Despair.

1 minute ago, GuardianSing said:

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J256.pngFire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J257.png

Oh fuck you.

That's why you never leave a castle unguarded...

Jesus Christ, I don't even need any other units anymore, she has fills all but one niche.

Gotta say... that C rank in Light has always felt so arbitrary. Well, there's a very likely reason as to why, but still...

He blows them into the right direction... death.

55 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

That's why you never leave a castle unguarded...

Nothing that can't be fixed by applying the Warp Staff.

Not that it's actually important to hold any castle besides the main one.

1 hour ago, GuardianSing said:

As they say, violence is not the answer. It's the question. And the answer is YES.

9 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Someone had to be... and good luck putting Mario as the Confederate.

Mario woulda been better for it.

9 hours ago, Armagon said:

Sorry Ruben but your GOAT is a Lost Cause sympathizer.

Shut.

9 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Another example of a variable we use in Spanish are accents. By changing which syllable we stress, the meaning changes.

Like, if you don't use Patata, then you have Papa (potato) and Pa (father).

I feel that's a bit different, because accents always have that function when they are present in Spanish. Gendered nouns are often completely arbitrary.

6 hours ago, Shaky Jones said:

When you're such a big fan of Kaga that you remake his games with the sexism the game was always meant to have. True dedication.

Don't forget they added more. Makin' Kaga proud!

4 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

That moment when your playing the remake and then... "Wait, where did Lamia and her squad go?"

Lamia becomes playable because marketable girl lololololol

...Nah I feel if they went that route ( and I don't think they would) it'd be Dithorba. She's already in Heroes.

2 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J269.png

Despair

Good map. Good map.

15 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

I had never heard the Grannvale song specifically before but I swore it reminded me of another song, which was Stone Tower Temple from Majora's Mask. They definitely are different but the way they set up the beat is very similar and quite unique. They also start with nearly the exact same rhythm melody.

I see what you are saying. Funny it was a track from Majora's Mask that reminded you of it, as Majora's Mask is my favorite of the Zelda games.

Azel is with Aideen.

I am glad Azel got a lover, as one of his kids living to the end is necessary to see the only mention of the Fire Emblem in all of Jugdral. Admittedly I kind of prefer the Azel x Tailtiu pairing, as the two were childhood friend, but this is a fairly solid choice storywise.

Sylvia is with Lewyn (A fact that I only learned after a conversation between Lewyn and Erin where she talked about winning him over despite Erin's obvious crush on him. In fact I tried to hard switch relationship building of Lewyn so Erin could get what she wanted but it was too late, so big oof for her)

Not all that surprising, there are a bunch of events pushing either the Lewyn x Sylvia or Leywn x Erin, so getting one of those two accidentally is very common, and I think the Lewyn x Sylvia is a little more common, but there is a Lewyn x Erin talk after retaking Silesia castle that basically pushes those two into marriage, if you see it and neither are already married.

Midir is with Bridget because I though that initial meeting was cute

Poor guy lost his first crush to Azel, figures he would fall for her cooler twin sister.

In terms of relationships I wanna push going forward, I've always had a "Ship them for their designs and dynamic, not their stats" mentality to these games but if we're being honest, the remaining bachelors for any of the bachelorettes kinda bore me so I settled on them a bit arbitrarily.

Funnily enough, all but one of the pairing you have and planned are ones that have notable talks after they become lovers.

Erin with Jamke

I am glad you are planning on letting Jamke have a kid, for spoilery reasons, even if that is the one without a lover's talk.

I like how I had more to say on shipping characters in this one game than I have had to say on managing stats and classes in literally all of the other games I've ever played on here

Discussing shipping in Genealogy is a time honored tradition among Fire Emblem fans.

Also I take back the comment I made ages ago about Fire Emblem music not being particularly memorable till Awakening. I really like Genealogy's music so far.

I am not much of a music person, but I do have a soft spot for Genealogy's music, although my favorite tracks are rather late game. I am still debating whether Towards the Light, or Velthomer Palace theme is my favorite of the bunch.

15 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

If you set these settings at the main menu and start a new game, the game gives you the option to play with classic FE turns, with player phase and enemy phase and stuff. You know, make the game worse.

HOW THE FUCK DID I NEVER LEARN OF THIS UNTIL TODAY

HOW DOES THIS GAME KEEP SURPRISING ME ALL THESE YEARS LATER

...Wait

@Armagon

You can play Berwick Saga with classic FE turns

And I'm only learning of this now

You have no excuse now

Interesting...

12 hours ago, Shaky Jones said:

Wish I could make fun of one side of Berwick arguments and upset Ruben along the way, but I cant bring myself to slog through these shitty ass Tear Ring maps. Holy shit, where did Thracia Kaga go? Why do Gaiden 2? I'm going crazy and I'm not even halfway done. And no, benching TRS and going straight to BS isn't an option, so I'll see you guys on July. 

Eh, TRS does some interesting things, especially when you get to the convergence points where you get to rearrange the two armies. Also it has one of my favorite final maps.

4 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

That moment when your playing the remake and then... "Wait, where did Lamia and her squad go?"

As the only person who has ever cared about Lamia and her all female mercenary band, that would fill me with so much hate.

Oh fuck you.

Lol

Yeah, the Master Knight promotion is ridiculous, best promotion in the franchise hands down. Also the first dark mage in the franchise was in Thracia 776, so that Dark Magic rank is basically enemy only.

That thing turns him into a monster. +20 speed is enough to turn anyone into an invincible dodge tanking beast that dominates almost all battles.

1 hour ago, BrightBow said:

Not that it's actually important to hold any castle besides the main one.

Each one you keep from falling is worth money on every unit at the end on the chapter, and each one you lose, loses you a tactics rank a piece.

6 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Correction

Well that's not ideal but better than what we thought.

2 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

but there is a Lewyn x Erin talk after retaking Silesia castle that basically pushes those two into marriage, if you see it and neither are already married.

Lewyn x Erinys is also the canonical pairing according to Thracia, as is Finn x Lachesis.

Interestingly, Brighid doesn't have a canonical husband despite being somewhat important to Thracia.

On 2/7/2024 at 4:10 AM, Eltosian Kadath said:

Rarely has a game let you harm a child, so I have a fair bit of respect for it pretending to let you eat one...although the fact that they back pedal on it, even when playing as a baby eating monster like Venom is still sad.

Venom spits out all the adults he eats as well. Though for some reason, civilians heal more health than enemies do.

I'm usually not that big on the idea of Venom eating people, since the symbiote should be getting its subsidence from its host, but Ultimate Venom has a different origin from the mainline Venom (in that the symbiote was created by Peter and Eddie's fathers as a cure for cancer that went wrong, rather than being an alien) so I'm more fine with it here.

14 hours ago, Armagon said:

Luigi no!

Don't worry, Luigi will have a change of heart and educate himself.

Hitler_quiz_card.gif

39 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Hitler_quiz_card.gif

I love how shocked he looks. It's like he had never heard of the guy before in his life. Even though he's... basically the second most well-known human being to have ever lived, after Jesus Christ.

Funny how that works, huh.

1 hour ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

That is a bit debatable, as there are hints at it possibly being Beowulf x Lachesis as well.

"While it is commonly believed that Nanna and Diarmuid may have different fathers (Finn and Beowolf respectively), it is stated in Fire Emblem's 20th Anniversary Book that her biological father is whoever the player married Lachesis to, and that Finn is more of her adoptive father. On the other hand, the pool of men that Lachesis can potentially marry in Genealogy does include Finn, and in Thracia 776 not only Nanna considers Finn her father, the game mechanics imply that she was not fathered by Beowulf (she cannot use the Beo Sword, unlike her brother Diarmuid and Beowulf's illegitimate son Fergus), so the matter remains muddled."

Interesting.

42 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I love how shocked he looks. It's like he had never heard of the guy before in his life. Even though he's... basically the second most well-known human being to have ever lived, after Jesus Christ.

Funny how that works, huh.

Luigi finding out his country was complicit with the Nazis (Hitler saw what Mussolini did and said "yeah I can do that").

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I feel that's a bit different, because accents always have that function when they are present in Spanish. Gendered nouns are often completely arbitrary.

And you don't think it's arbitrary which words got to be agudas, graves, or esdrújulas? The same way you can ask "Why La Foto and not El Foto?" You can also ask "Why Lápiz and not Lapiz?"

46 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

They're not that far, though I don't know if they'll be able to sell another 20 million units at this point, with remakes being the main things on the horizon and the Switch 2 right around the corner.

Still, pretty good run. Them games have carried it far.

44 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

And you don't think it's arbitrary which words got to be agudas, graves, or esdrújulas? The same way you can ask "Why La Foto and not El Foto?" You can also ask "Why Lápiz and not Lapiz?"

Fair. I guess at the end of the day it's all just strings of sounds.

12 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

And despite being weak af, the concecpt of hybrid console is pretty frankly genius - even if obvious

And most importantly, financially accessible. 

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

And despite being weak af, the concecpt of hybrid console is pretty frankly genius - even if obvious

They brought two different markets together. Of course it's one of the best selling consoles of all time.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

And most importantly, financially accessible. 

Relatively speaking. Every single game being 60 bucks, 50 for remakes, with no hope of a sale ever is not going to bring it up to the price of a current gen gaming PC, but it's going to shorten the gap. Though I suppose that's a different issue. AAAs exist on other platforms too, after all. But on Steam they at least go on sale lol

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Relatively speaking. Every single game being 60 bucks, 50 for remakes, with no hope of a sale ever is not going to bring it up to the price of a current gen gaming PC, but it's going to shorten the gap. Though I suppose that's a different issue. AAAs exist on other platforms too, after all. But on Steam they at least go on sale lol

I meant the system itself.