Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

snow map

Hell literally froze over this time...

Shadow Dragon time! I wanna start Etrian Oddessey later, once I don't have 12 other games to play.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Cough cough cough uselarentia cough cough.

that's the plan xD

I am even thinking of giving her vulns and just let her solo or something lol

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Sorry, just hearing about snow maps makes me feel like I've caught a cold!

*cough*

Watch out for the wack wyvern AI, Shrimpy! It'll attack both you and the enemy, but won't necessarily go for the kill.

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

Good luck! A great FE game to play.

Yeah, I've really liked it so far! Well, aside from the hecking bosses...

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

always reclass Jagen to swordmaster

and use archers

That's the plan!

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

always reclass Jagen to dracoknight

and never use archers

*Wraith continues drinking his whisky in the corner while shaking his head*

5 minutes ago, Benice said:

Shadow Dragon time! I wanna start Etrian Oddessey later, once I don't have 12 other games to play.

Good luck! Never enjoyed the DS FE games (11/12) myself. But hey, have fun.

6 minutes ago, Benice said:

Watch out for the wack wyvern AI, Shrimpy! It'll attack both you and the enemy, but won't necessarily go for the kill.

oof

I've been putting off the map ever since i saw it ngl xD

8 minutes ago, Benice said:

Shadow Dragon time!

enjoy!

May you like it more than i do xD

6 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

always reclass Jagen to dracoknight

and never use archers

Hey! How dare you? Tomas is great and everyone should use him!

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Actually, Jagen as a swordmaster should be pretty great as well.

I like doubling Jagens! But yeah, in my meme H5 run, I did that and it worked well.

...Wait, I'm doing H4 right now? I thought I was doing H3! Oh well.

ARCHERS 4 LIFE! I WILL BE USING TOMAS AND ALL THE OTHER BAD ARCHERS!

Edited by Benice

I do not understand the bolting mages in chapter 14x... their combined ranges take up almost the whole playable area and their damage combined can kill or come very close to killing all of my non magic units, yet they never attack the same unit (when doing so would kill the unit) and sometimes just don’t attack but randomly decide to both attack. How am I supposed to win

18 minutes ago, Wraith said:

*Wraith continues drinking his whisky in the corner while shaking his head*

I see no difference

The Chimaera is no more. Took me maybe 10 turns? And only one try.

I slaughtered almost most FOEs in the 1st Stratum to get to level 15 as a precaution, but that was unnecessary and a little overleveled, I think the dinosaurs save that stronger one turned blue at 14. It didn't take long, merely a Creeping Curse > Venom Curse and a floor jump back to the entrance to be repeated again and again.

My Chimaera strategy:

Spoiler

First, I killed both bat FOEs in the Chimaera's room with Venom Curse. Unlike some other instances of FOEs in a boss's room in the franchise, these won't respawn immediately upon leaving the room or labyrinth, you need one-two weeks for them to reappear.

Next, I, greatly aided by not having to work around the bats, I baited the Chimaera into each of the pitfalls, stripping of it about 40% of its HP. I walked around the Chimaera while it was still stuck in the ground, this gave me two free turns where it could do nothing and it started afflicted with a Leg Bind.

Moving into the fight itself. 

• I chose to fight poison with poison. Sounds like it shouldn't work, that the creature should be immune to the ailment it uses, but it isn't, in fact, the conditional drop requires it die of Poison damage. The drop is 
    • Now, the Chimaera won't make that easy, but it has a 75% resistance to Poison, very difficult to work around. Except... EMOSEWA ERA SREXEH! Three heads you have so thrice will your agony be! Creeping Curse Force Boost Hexer go! Level 15 Venom Curse this murderer on turn 1! 
    • I need to add at this point I used the Butterfly Tsukudani for doubled Poison damage as my food effect, that and my lucky creation of a 5 Venom Curse Grimoire gave me 500 damage per turn for Poison. That was essential to my fast FOE massacre and Chimaera kill.
  • My Medic threw the Ice Jar I found at the Stratum for chip damage on the boss, otherwise they did nothing except a little bit of healing. The Beast did a little tanking too, but nothing major. My Dark Hunter used Trance to double its damage while the boss was bound/Poisoned, and then popped Rose Prison on turn 3 because this if this fight goes on so long that I refill my Force Gauge, then I messed up.
  • On turn 2, I had my Hexer successfully apply a Head Bind to the boss, and then had my Alchemist Force Boost to strengthen its Ice Palms against the boss's weakness and it popped an Eschaton for another big blast of damage. On turn 3, my Hexer used Black Mist to secure another turn of big Poison damage.
  • Because the initial Leg Bind and my Hexer's Cranial Curse, and an Arm Bind from the Rose Prison Force Break, the boss found itself unable to use its skills. It never Poisoned me, and I don't think it got to use any of its skills successfully (as in "it tried, but was bound"). When Poison wore off and some of the Binds too, a Panic infliction from Dark Hunter and Hexer using their respective skills kept it shut down. It was naught more than a matter of chipping away at the vestige of life that survived the pitfalls, the poisoning and the two Force Breaks.

Now it's time for the very pretty 2nd Stratum. Got past its first floor just fine. The request giving me access to the Ginnugagap appeared, and I ventured a little in there, but I'm holding off on the boss there until I explore the 2nd Stratum more. And a Beast showed up for Grimoire Trade with Natural Instincts 4, yay money skill! Still no bona fide Game Overs though. 

9 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Nice, nice!
And I see you put a lot more thought into your guild than I did. XD

Sometimes I look at the Customize screen even when I haven't leveled up and think about my future investments and what it'll one day look like.😆

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I really need to step up my game.
I still haven't made it past the Chimaera... *sigh*
Not that I can't beat it, I just... can't bring up the courage to do it for some reason. XD

And also, I was busy doing other things today.

I'm a layabout with no life, so don't feel bad.🙂

I was hesitant too of course, the fight was very brutal on my prior playthroughs, I was amazed how effortless it was this time.

8 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

I do not understand the bolting mages in chapter 14x... their combined ranges take up almost the whole playable area and their damage combined can kill or come very close to killing all of my non magic units, yet they never attack the same unit (when doing so would kill the unit) and sometimes just don’t attack but randomly decide to both attack. How am I supposed to wi

Warpskip + Rutger. You can 1-turn this map fairly easily by warping Rutger, defeating Oates, dancing the warper, warping Roy then siezing.