Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Base SMTV came out three years ago btw.

39 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

.I don't think I posted before, this passage from the (not canon for some reason) XG side story novel? -But I like it.😄

Maybe it's not canon because it doesn't really contribute to the overall storyline? Like who is Dhraga. Although it doesn't seem to contradict anything either.

• Replies 177.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, Armagon said:

...And they really won't let me upgrade for less.😑

With the Switch's lifespan coming to an end, maybe I'll still get to finishing my playthrough anyhow. Feels like the pressure is on now to clear the Switch backlog. Backwards compatibility is no guarantee with the Switch successor (though I hope for it).

41 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Maybe it's not canon because it doesn't really contribute to the overall storyline? Like who is Dhraga. Although it doesn't seem to contradict anything either.

If there were any contradictions of timing or lore they'd be pretty minor. Or at least I thought so. It's "ordinary guy a few years before the start of XG bumps into Grahf, concludes with him barely escaping disaster with his life".

The whole thing ends with the Alpha Weltall unleashed for the first time in 500 years and laying waste to Kislev forces.😈 The original protagonist and his lady aside, the primary point to the written side story was obviously to make Grahf even more raw than he already was. I don't think there's any other reason they gave the Seeker of Power the ability to mindbreak via psychological endless nowing? eternal recurring.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Started up Berseria this morning, and in the few minutes it took to to get aboard the ship again, something went off in my brain. Playing it suddenly felt laborious, an urge to just stop playing and drop the game here, right before the final dungeon. Symphonia's curse struck again!😆

It's only been ten hours of play since I resumed following the ZoE interlude. I shouldn't be tired of the game like this nor so quickly. Why is my neurocircuitry behaving so routinely and annoyingly?🤔 Since I enjoy the game, however, I ought to be able to overcome the faulty wiring.🤞

On 5/12/2024 at 2:52 PM, Interdimensional Observer said:

SMTIV- Did all four endings, thanks to NG+. The order was White, Chaos, Law, Neutral, I think.

>did Chaos before Law

tumblr_inline_n9nt1n8Dds1qd8hs9.png

/s

On 5/12/2024 at 2:52 PM, Interdimensional Observer said:

Barring Nocturne, where the True Demon Ending is totally the ending, Atlus favors the Neutral ending. As Neutral is the official canon with regards to the direct continuities of SMT1 > SMT2 and SMTIV > SMTIV: Apocalypse. I think one could deduce that SMTII possibly also canonically ends Neutral. -But Nocturne established the Amala Universe is a thing, and subsequent games have bought into the existence of a multiverse too. So really, all endings are canon somewhere in the nigh-infinite number of worlds.

But I thought the SMT II protagonist from SMT IV: Apocalypse DLC was from the Law ending? Doesn't it make the canon ending?

14 hours ago, Armagon said:

1 hour ago, Venger_06 said:

But I thought the SMT II protagonist from SMT IV: Apocalypse DLC was from the Law ending? Doesn't it make the canon ending?

If Aleph died from the Megiddo Ark being fired, then he couldn't have been safely inside it as a Law-loving Messiah should. Would mean he chose either Neutral or Chaos, since Satan should've otherwise saved him.

Posted (edited)

I decided to bite the bullet and got me a Bakery

m7WWhv0.jpeg

Choices that matter!

KUOLT6L.jpeg

2 vs Quadzillion survival mission!

was cool, but resetted so many times at the last turn lol. Thank god for turn saves.

ZwlRvyd.jpeg

Game over...

JroITNe.jpeg
sXn80xw.jpeg
giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952qyqnfslwqiqdug4rl2

Time loop plot SRPG, eh?

I am in!

iKZjt3U.jpeg

So we need to find the Steins Gate!

3L88apO.jpeg
qjvXomy.jpeg

The butterfly effect at work - from 2 vs. Quadzillion to 6 vs. 8 Quadzillion XD

Ok, fr tho, first impressions are quite positive. Gameplay is fun & tough, and plot is intriguing...

Stealth missions tho....I totally do get the complaints about them. They kinda skew the line between fun and frustrating in them, as they are really puzzle-y and super strict....And i am early game lol.

Edited by Shrimpica

37 minutes ago, Shrimpica said:

Reverse Collapse: Codename bakery

Bakery? Does Alicia from VC makes cameo or what, heh.

1 hour ago, Shrimpica said:

I decided to bite the bullet and got me a Bakery

Have fun!😃

Every time I go to a bakery, I wish I could buy it.🍰🤤

Choices that matter!

Upfront honesty, I like that.😉

Time loop plot SRPG, eh?

A collapse is something falling down. So a "reverse collapse" is... something falling up? In other words- start from utter defeat, and with every loop you fail/collapse, you gradually rise to victory?

This one got a genuine laugh out of me.

2 hours ago, Shrimpica said:

The creator is apparently a big fan of VC xD

I wouldn't have gotten that from the name tbh.

A shame that Alpha Sapphire is basically unplayable

7 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

If Aleph died from the Megiddo Ark being fired, then he couldn't have been safely inside it as a Law-loving Messiah should. Would mean he chose either Neutral or Chaos, since Satan should've otherwise saved him.

Duly noted, removing SMT II from the backlog (not a Lawchad game).

3 hours ago, Shrimpica said:

The world needs more Akiha!

No happy endings

Posted (edited)

Okay, with access to the full city, I could do the final minigame there, the Marksman one. Thought it'd be harder, but it was surprisingly easy to get the needed score. Though I did need two tries. Beating all the Abydos minigames and getting their medals is neded to trade them for a monster to donate to the Museum. Anyway, I reached the council building, but the Mayor has fallen ill... and I guess the game wasn't being subtle that his two advisors are vultures, pft. Anyway, finding the guy who could have the means to heal the mayor... turns out he doesn't. But, he has a Canopic Vase, so chances are the item will be found by Prince Tut... and indeed it was. Seems only now Set and Menes are noticing they have an intruder in their midst, but they think it's the local Urukians... the few they haven't killed yet, apparently. Anyway...

Man, this next Mummy segment was the longest and most complex so far, wish there was a save point I could use during the main part of it. Took too long. Before that, there was one more ability introduced. Statues that turn the Mummy into and back from a... flying skeletal bat thing. I can't really figure what exactly it is. Anyway, now I have the Medicine Bag, which Sphinx will make use of shortly. Though that's for next time.

You know, from what I remember of playing this back then, and how the guidebook put it, I thought this was indeed a multiple worlds sort of thing. But as it is... it seems not? Abydos and Heliopolis can be reached from each other via boat. Then you can walk from Heliopolis to Uruk. There are portals connecting them all, but doesn't change it's just the one world so far. As it is, the only area not yet confirmed to be in the same world is Luxor Palace, and then even that can be suspect if not for the fact it's suppose to be on Earth... or is it? At this point, I don't know...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Have fun!😃

Thankies!

6 hours ago, Venger_06 said:

No happy endings

Kagetsu Tohya to the rescue!

The world needs more Shiki x Akiha art tbh. I find more SHIKI X Akiha stuff wtf <.<

8 hours ago, Venger_06 said:

Duly noted, removing SMT II from the backlog (not a Lawchad game).

Shin Megami Tensei is usually accused (by Western fans at least, IDK about the Japanese if they is a cultural difference) of having an anti-Law bias.

That said, the first Devil Survivor I've often seen praised as having one of the better presentations of Law. -Meaning Amane's ending. And I think I can see that. ...Just ignore the Yuzu and Naoya & Kaido 8th Days in Overclocked, the latter if you choose to not to kill humans becomes incredibly laden in anti-Law propaganda.😛 Atsuro's ending can also be considered a form of Law, but different from the usual, not so divine. Also, despite being the Law representative, Amane is willing to join on Gin's -the Neutral- ending, because it seems YHVH isn't so brashly giving up & rushing to nukes just because inner Tokyo has a demon problem, He shows uncharacteristic flexibility.

Strange Journey, although I haven't finished it, I've seen remarked upon as having an anti-Neutral bias. I can kinda see why. Now, whether it's pro-Chaos or pro-Law, not so sure. However, I can say that in terms of the threat facing the world, Law comes off as being the underdog. Partly, because the pre-Redux superboss (NG+ only) is a berserk fragment of YHVH that broke off because YHVH lost in a fight against the forces of Chaos.

On Nocturne- Again, there is no traditional Law-Neutral-Chaos. Here, I personally use a alternative alignment system, which is built around the questions of "What does the "Ruler of this Universe Approve/Disapprove of?". If the Being In Charge approves of an ending, it's Law, if they disapprove, it's Chaos, if they're willing to compromise or don't care, it's Neutral. On this, the Kagutsuchi is the undisputed ruler of the Vortex World, who possibly either works for YHVH, or that vague never-seen entity spoken of in SMT called "the Great Will" (YHVH calls Himself an avatar of the Great Will). On the True Demon Ending, Lucifer, who is always anti-Law, orders you to kill the Kagutsuchi and destroy the Vortex World. Plus, Metatron the Voice of God tries stopping you from going True Demon, it's absolutely Chaos. So then, what would YHVH approve of? Well, what were you supposed to do? Pick a Reason and use that to recreate the world. Therefore any of the three Reasons would count as Law. It's worth noting that the non-Metatron Angels -usually obsessed with carrying out the Lord's wishes- end up backing the Reason of Yosuga, which is "strong rule, weak die", which is usually Chaos. So, this would suggest that whoever is in charge of the Vortex World doesn't seem to care about the specific contents of the Reason -as long as Their rule isn't questioned. -I just wanted to clarify on the unusualness of Nocturne, which regardlessly is wholeheartedly canonically pro-Chaos.😆

12 hours ago, Venger_06 said:

Duly noted, removing SMT II from the backlog (not a Lawchad game)

Neutrality FTW. Also today I’m a slightly older man.

This is like the first time Susan is mentioned by name (in the show) since uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh literally since she last showed up in Dimensions in Time, the 30th anniversary special in 1993.

6 hours ago, Shrimpica said:

The world needs more Shiki x Akiha art tbh. I find more SHIKI X Akiha stuff wtf <.<

Are Shiki and SHIKI supposed to be two different characters?

51 minutes ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

Also today I’m a slightly older man.

Happy birthday!🎉🍻

46 minutes ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

I’m an absolutely ancient 32. 

As long you feel positively ancient, I don't think that's a problem.🙂