• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimp of the North

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

11 hours ago, Capt. Fargus said:

Gettin around, aint'cha?

The road trip idea came from the fact that some of the UK days would be eaten up by Paris.

Honestly it's worked out for the better. I've seen more of the UK than if we stuck to the original plan of training/bussing/flying to the major cities.

7 hours ago, Codename Shrimp said:

I wanna burn every single deku scrub out there

Bastards

They just want cotton candy.

And of course I hear "No Scrubs" in my head, teehee.

11 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The same person who named Pushmo/Crashmo/Stretchmo?

You might realise that I have not played this series, to the extent I forgot. So obvious in hindsight.

11 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I was thinking Europeans might wanted a way annoy to people who take too long in the bathroom.😑 Although I'm sure whoever tries turning the lights off on someone else in a windowless bathroom will get nothing but an angry retort -no accelerated lavatory eviction.

Yeah, it's not helpful for that.

Woe be upon the person waiting for someone to finish in the one shower in the house

13 hours ago, Dayni said:

And I think it implies that Dimitri's killed by Adrestian forces?

Kind of, but you also have to take him down from a gameplay perspective to end the map, so its implied that the Alliance forces were at least somewhat involved in his death. Fun little fact, I went out of my way to rout the Adrestian forces before even touching Dimitri's little army.

I know I feel mixed about CF's length, but it's something I won't critique on the length of knowing that the Professor points are...... not balanced.

I was being a bit flippant there, and yeah CF probably should have had some chapters where you deal with the slithers as well, but chapter 18 really did feel like where the games side content exhausted itself. Even the monastery quests felt like they dried up, with just the give supplies ones coming up at that point.

I'm not going to pretend I have the full dialogue for Claude to mind, but I probably would concede the point on this and that's the best I can give at the moment. I'd suspect there's a fear of making him more flawed by doing so? Which unfortunate if true.

It really feels like they neutered Claude's character to make sure he came across as a hero that does nothing morally dubious. Can't have him actually poison people, that might not make him look heroic the whole time, etc. Its odd as they were perfectly happy to let the other two house leaders stumble into some real questionable moral choices.

Also, I recall staff still being able to teach Byleth for skills, which is nice for getting Byleth a variety of classes, which if that's what you want doesn't hurt I guess.

That they can, and I am rather glad of that, as there are a few skills that only staff can teach Byleth at this point...

Also welcome back.

Visited the castle where Mary Queen of Scots was born. Pictures on that later.

But the receptionist lady was surprised when I told her we would later be driving down to Liverpool, after that Cardiff and then back to London. It really is true when they say that for Europeans, 100 miles is too long.

Finally got to nerfing AVO formula:

79af6240169f7aaaa1310a3f44c4395a.png

It's cut off but that just puts things like terrain AVO in the calculation. Not sure if this is too much or too little yet, we'll see. XD

17 hours ago, Codename Shrimp said:

I wanna burn every single deku scrub out there

Bastards

13 hours ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

What about the ones in relationships?

2 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Kind of, but you also have to take him down from a gameplay perspective to end the map, so its implied that the Alliance forces were at least somewhat involved in his death. Fun little fact, I went out of my way to rout the Adrestian forces before even touching Dimitri's little army.

I don't think I've ever done that.

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

But the receptionist lady was surprised when I told her we would later be driving down to Liverpool, after that Cardiff and then back to London. It really is true when they say that for Europeans, 100 miles is too long.

For reference, you cover Dublin to Belfast, Waterford or Rosslare (the other major ferry port) in that. Dublin to Galway/Limerick is an additional 15 or so miles.

It's a distance alright, though some do commute that far.

So Pepsi Max is the main thing in the UK huh.

2 hours ago, Dayni said:

It's a distance alright, though some do commute that far.

I was surprised by the many truckers I've seen here. I know trucking is seen as 🇺🇲🇺🇲🇺🇲🇺🇲 but at least on the Florida highways you don't see that many of them all at once.

I do really appreciate that Shanoa is the one Iga character who doesn't enter the castle as an unarmed level 1 scrub. Feels so damn good to go in there and immediately start throwing hands.
But considering Shanoa cannot actually hurt Dracula, I wonder if she is actually supposed to be the weakest playable character in the series.
Well, probably not weaker than Grant, given how he is just a regular pirate. You always have to stick with Trevor in Castlevania III, so I suppose Trevor is meant to be the main muscle, no matter who he teams up with.

Then again, Iga's Grant is some weird mummy man.

24 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

I do really appreciate that Shanoa is the one Iga character who doesn't enter the castle as an unarmed level 1 scrub. Feels so damn good to go in there and immediately start throwing hands.
But considering Shanoa cannot actually hurt Dracula, I wonder if she is actually supposed to be the weakest playable character in the series.
Well, probably not weaker than Grant, given how he is just a regular pirate. You always have to stick with Trevor in Castlevania III, so I suppose Trevor is meant to be the main muscle, no matter who he teams up with.

To be honest, I feel like the whole "can't actually hurt Dracula" thing is not meant to show that Shanoa is a weakling as much as Dracula being so absurdly overpowered that he requires special means to be defeatable. That's why the vampire killer's such a big deal, after all. It's just that you usually always have the vampire killer, so it makes Shanoa look worse when she's the one outlier that also happens to be the woman. But you wouldn't call Hardin weaker than Wrys just because Hardin is incapable of killing Gharnef and Wrys can, right?

...And you know, the two amigos of Portrait of Ruin who kill him without the vampire killer, but eh. They're just built different. I guess this means Charlotte clears Shanoa? Even though she's a child.

24 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Then again, Iga's Grant is some weird mummy man.

Well, everyone was weird in Judgment, not just Grant. Simon's a pretty boy with an outfit to match the average woman in anime, Sypha's a chess piece, Maria's a magical girl, Shanoa's a depressed nun with short hair(??????), Alucard's Sephiroth, Carmilla's the average woman in anime, Dracula kinda looks like a robot? It's all over the place.

...Also, looking at the designs again I just noticed that the crotch of Shanoa's Judgment outfit is see-through and if you look close enough you can see her panties. Fucking amazing.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

13 hours ago, Armagon said:

The road trip idea came from the fact that some of the UK days would be eaten up by Paris.

Honestly it's worked out for the better. I've seen more of the UK than if we stuck to the original plan of training/bussing/flying to the major cities.

Curious... Who did the driving?

I've heard stuff about people driving overseas, but how does it work with the license? Do other countries honor an American license?

38 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

I You always have to stick with Trevor in Castlevania III, so I suppose Trevor is meant to be the main muscle, no matter who he teams up with..

Well I can remember at least 2 spots where Alucard comes in right handy. The level with the falling blocks is one. Then in the last stage you can use him to skip them tricky clock pendulum jumps

37 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...And you know, the two amigos of Portrait of Ruin who kill him without the vampire killer, but eh. They're just built different. I guess this means Charlotte clears Shanoa? Even though she's a child.

Not to mention Dracula had help in that one too.

37 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...Also, looking at the designs again I just noticed that the crotch of Shanoa's Judgment outfit is see-through and if you look close enough you can see her panties. Fucking amazing.

Ah classy. Is that even visible on the Wii models? Like, what is even the point?

Shanoa's outfit in that one might just be the worst of the bunch. What is this supposed to be? It looks like the textures glitched out.

Giving her short hair or even the nun hood does make sense from a pragmatic perspective at least. Since long hair would be a troublesome physics object. And you might remember that Alucard only wears his cape in his intro animation and then it just fades out. Not even a special effect or anything. It's just gone.
Which probably says a lot about how much they struggled with that sort of thing, if we can't even have a nice cape like Cervantes in Soul Calibur 2 on the Gamecube. And the Wii is at least two Gamecubes duct taped together.

Judgement is just so weird from top to bottom.
A crossover fighting game where no fighter is recognizable as themselves. Not even in terms of appearance but also in terms of behavior because for some reason they mostly took characters that had no personality.
...which I guess makes it rather fitting that they picked Shanoa as the only modern character. What with her canonically not having a personality or emotions.

Well, Maria had a personality. And boy, did they not care what it was.

Judgement honestly makes me glad that Castlevania 64 wasn't this huge success.
If Carrie was in this game instead of Maria, she would have been the one obsessed with boobies. Because they clearly didn't care about what makes sense for the characters, and just wanted to fill out a certain checklist of tropes that had to be present. 
After all, why have a child version of Eric Lecarde? As a representation of Eric, this just makes no sense. Unless your checklist said there simply had to be a little boy on the rooster.

Edited by BrightBow

Ireland win a match in competition in Soccer (Mens) for the first time in 2 years. No, Gibralter doesn't count.

Yeah, it's been a bad time.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

I was surprised by the many truckers I've seen here. I know trucking is seen as 🇺🇲🇺🇲🇺🇲🇺🇲 but at least on the Florida highways you don't see that many of them all at once.

I'd say there's a lot of freight moved, especially when we don't have as much of rail freight and decent distance for a lot of rural places here as well.

Can't speak on the UK as well.

Just now, Capt. Fargus said:

I've heard stuff about people driving overseas, but how does it work with the license? Do other countries honor an American license?

It'd be honoured in Ireland anyways if you're driving on it, but you're not exactly supposed to be still on it if you're in Ireland longer term.

You also cannot exchange a US licence for an Irish one, which is going to be awkward for the American relatives moving over, should check if they know.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

So Pepsi Max is the main thing in the UK huh.

Truckin in Europe is kind of a different animal than here in the States

I do know that American truckers, particularly owner ops, tend to make fun of Euro trucks because most if not all of em are cabovers and they all got automatic transmissions. Although ours are startin to go that way too

There's a lot to be said for using the right tool for the job, and I don't guess a 379 Pete with a 120" hood would fare too well tryin to get around in the middle of London Lol

...Never did I think I'd be able to see aurora borealis from where I live.😂

Just a faint shade of red, no blue or green. Too much light pollution, or too far south? But still, the night sky, lit partially, however dimly, in a red magenta. Beautiful. 

Thankfully there aren't any Coronids where I live, nothing to fear standing outside under the crimson aurora.

Broly's about to unlock Super Saiyan 3.

On 10/6/2024 at 8:35 PM, Venger_06 said:

ADULTS!

Those kids need a respectable elderly person like Van Arkride to serve as a good role model.

On 10/6/2024 at 8:35 PM, Venger_06 said:

There's only one real choice

I chose the wholesome found family of supervillains. Walter and Retzy are debatably less psychopathic than Shizuna, but they're also fun. Though a con of working with an evil mastermind is that they'll probably try to kill you at some point.

On 10/9/2024 at 8:54 AM, Armagon said:

IMG20241009131945.jpg?ex=6707ce78&is=670

Hope you listened to Roaming the Wastes while you were in Scotland.

How does Consul Dughall fit into the Moebius lore?

Alright, @Saint Rubenio 's probably gonna make me eat some crow for this, but I gotta say it

Actually got Wendy thru some arena trainin up to lvl 20, and it was a helluva lot less of a pain than that is with Bors or Barthe. She had a double digit crit rate in the arena battles which surprise me

Str-12

Skl - 10

Spd - 12

Lk - 14

Def - 12 

Res - 1

Resistance is low but that's to be expected. Everything else beats Marcus at lvl 20+2

Not too bad

16 hours ago, Dayni said:

You might realise that I have not played this series, to the extent I forgot. So obvious in hindsight.

I played all three entries (excluding Pushmo World), though I never 100% any of them. Crashmo was definitely the hardiest, and I think I never figured out how to get past this one puzzle late in the Corrin amusement section in Stretchmo. -My interest in these games I believe owed something to the fact they were developed by Intelligent Systems.🔥😄

Europe did for some reason rename the three games too- Pullblox/Fallblox/Fullblox. 

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, everyone was weird in Judgment, not just Grant. Simon's a pretty boy with an outfit to match the average woman in anime,

TBF to Simon.:

image.pngimage.png

That was him in the Famicom manual, to the left. The seemingly-official guidebook contained the very similar picture to the right, but the hair had gone from orange to dark red. Said guidebook has similar if more cartoonish pictures of Simon, and they're all Roy's My Boi Red in the head.

Castlevania Chronicles (PS1 enhanced port of the X68000 Castlevania game that's basically a remake of the original)-

image.png

...is what first gave us Pretty Boy Redhead Simon.😛 (Although his playable sprite had this appearance only in Arranged Mode in Chronicles, Original Mode uses a "Blonde Barbarian" sprite.)

image.jpg

-And the Lords of Shadow trilogy's Simon would later also take on the red, mixed with barbaric influences.

Simon since his inception has been inconsistent in appearance. Yes, the identical Famicom and NES have the Blonde Barbarian, but the Japanese manual had Redhead Simon. Simon's Quest would give us Blonde Knight Simon. And in the limited spritework capacities of the day, he was dark brown-haired in C1 and black-haired in SQ (but blonde in the latter's good ending).

Personally I think I actually prefer Pretty Boy Simon.😆 Barbarian feels utterly uninspired to me, even if Redhead is Excessively Anime.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Shanoa's a depressed nun

The bigger disappointment regarding Ecclesia in Judgment. Listening to other tracks in the crazy Castlevania arena battler's OST, I think they could've gone harder with this remix.

...Yet there was this official arrangement from an OoE preorder disc. Still on the "airy" Ecclesia original side when I'd like a more rocking' remix though, although I guess that airiness is simply at this track's core.😅

1 hour ago, Codename Shrimp said:

Echoes of Wisdom is actually a Kirby game.

The Princess has a greater appetite than anyone could imagine? Has Ganon been trying to save the world from Royal Starvation all along?

1 hour ago, Codename Shrimp said:

Anyway, finished. Was a pretty fun game...with one MAJOR Issue

UI.

Shuffling between those echo thingies me guess with no evidence?

Anyhow, glad it was fun, even if you seem to have breezed right through it.😀 

Edited by Interdimensional Observer