• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

4 hours ago, Armagon said:
  • Gonna have to mess around with the emulation settings next time because i refuse to believe that this 2D sprite game is running worse than the Xenosaga trilogy (well Episode III anyway, Episodes I and II definitely required some changes in the settings to run better).

yeah PS emulation is a pain.

I don't know how strong your pc is, but here are my setting, might they help you

Bamdw7P.png

b9HIF7O.png

The field i marked red has a drop down menu, what you choose there depends on your processor. You gotta google which one your processor supports. Mine was intel i5 6th generation, so i was able to choose the newest one (SSE4)

FYyCxoL.png

When you click configure button you get this. These are the settings i chose

Hopefully this helps. Enjoy 😄

Edited by Shrimperor

11 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Morning!

Hello, hello!~

And Tutturu to you, Shrimpy!

And of course Greetings, Wraith!

---

So, played some more Etrian Odyssey Untold 2 and some stuff happened that I am both happy about and which made me regret something I said earlier.

Alright, so I accepted the quest that lets me explore the Ginnungagap, which is the dungeon made for the Story Mode. It was going fairly well, too; the enemies in there are far stronger than I remember them being, but my team is managing well enough. So, as I was walking around, drawing my map, lowering some bridges to progress, I get spotted by two large Boar Captain F.O.E.s. And of course, I get trapped between them. The way forward blocked, the way back blocked by two rather powerful beings.
And of course of course I don't have any Ariadne Threads (which let you instantly escape a dungeon) with me ("Forgot the Warp Wires, F.O.E.!!!").
Meaning... I have to fight them in order to progress. Now, F.O.E.s have this nasty habit of joining fights you are in, so of course I have to fight both of them at once.
I... believe I got very, VERY lucky in this battle, because not only did Victoria land her Arm Snipe on the both of them (thanks to Penetrator), disabling their most powerful attack, Catastro was able to blind them with Blinding Curse, making them miss every few attacks.
However, the things were still very very dangerous and very, very durable, so the second the ailments wore off, I got desperate and had Tamaki activate her Force Mode, which, for the Ronin class, enables them to keep the stance they're currently using beyond the 2-turn limit, and also enables usage of the Force skill Issen, which is a powerful AOE Cut attack that has a chance of instantly killing enemies.
And guess what happened? Yep, the bae did it again! Insta-killed two F.O.E.s at once!
vR2PeA7.jpg

Tamaki best girl
And she's just a character I made up using that Ronin portrait.

Now, my prior criticisms of the Ronin class still stand somewhat, but I will admit that this accident, you could say (because I really did not mean to take on two powerful F.O.E.s at once), has reedemed the class at least somewhat.
Of course, I was still drained after the battle, so I had to leave the dungeon, but luckily, F.O.E.s don't respawn immediately, so the next time I go there, I can get through the area they trapped me in without incident.

Edited by DragonFlames

12 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Warning: Cancer

Yw1pqsnk o

When I started watching, I had no idea what the context was, who any of the characters were, or what I was supposed to make of any of it.

...And then I recognized the song. So I still have no idea what anything is, but... I know the song.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

i can literally put her on the defend point and click wait 24 times and win kek

Chapter 11-main is the calm before the storm. Some of the game's hardest maps will come after this map. So enjoy the peace while it lasts.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Chapter 11-main is the calm before the storm. Some of the game's hardest maps will come after this map. So enjoy the peace while it lasts.

For some reason i feel stuff will be getting real, soon

Not only will this follow the Trails formula, alot of stuff can be apparently done until ch13, which means something big is gonna happen there

Should i sell all unneeded Materials before ch13? for some extra cash?

Edited by Shrimperor

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Reveal hidden contents

The game will very clearly warn you before the point of no return.

well, color me hyped then.

I am waiting for some super cool maps to remember the game by haha

Edited by Shrimperor

>thracian dragon squad

ok seems like 11 will be harder than expected

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

You'll remember 11-2 and 12-2, all right.

The way you are saying it makes me think i will remember them for all the wrong reason kek

like the snow map haha

Just now, Shrimperor said:

The way you are saying it makes me think i will remember them for all the wrong reason kek

like the snow map haha

Well... They are pretty epic maps, but... Uh... Let's say a healthy mix of both?

Nothing like the snow map though. The snow map is its own brand of awful.

Spoiler

pFDgPxj.png

Hey when will Larentia promote into that cool thing

I probably shouldn't try taking him on, but i wanna try ngl haha

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well... They are pretty epic maps, but... Uh... Let's say a healthy mix of both?

ugh ugh

I shall wait and see xD

Edited by Shrimperor

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Hey when will Larentia promote into that cool thing

I probably shouldn't try taking him on, but i wanna try ngl haha

S P O I L E R S

Kinda. Not exactly the most spoilerific thing ever, I know, but... Could you please remove the image, pretty please?

Edited by Saint Rubenio