Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

And when they call Pidgeotto Pideot, or calling Pidgey Pidgeotto? Come on, they dont even know the Pokemon names! I had no faith at that point. How many times can they call the poor things the wrong Pokemon? 

• Replies 180.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

why is this so good

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

In season 1, they were like "yeah, Ghost can beat Psychic"... when Ghost was literally worthless against Psychic

turns out anime was right, though, because in the end Ghost > Psychis is the right one that we got in all other generations xD

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I'm honestly struggling to make a one-shot out of it. XD

take your time!

Just now, Shrimperor said:

turns out anime was right, though, because in the end Ghost > Psychis is the right one that we got in all other generations xd

It's an oversight, in the games at least. I would guess they meant to put it the other way around but being them, they fucked it up.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

turns out anime was right, though, because in the end Ghost > Psychis is the right one that we got in all other generations xD

True. But back in Gen 1, I was VERY confused. XD

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

It's an oversight, in the games at least. I would guess they meant to put it the other way around but being them, they fucked it up.

GameFreak being GameFreak.
F***ing up is what they do.

tbf, Pokémon did not deserve to get as big as it did.

Edited by DragonFlames

9 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

take your time!

Was raging over my former favorite series again (seriously, what the heck did I like about Pokémon that I played nothing but that for years?), so I missed this. My bad.
Thank you!
Just wanted to give you an update and ensure you that I haven't forgotten about it! ^^

Just now, Shrimperor said:

FE is what i probably play the most nowdays, thanks to my former favourite series becoming my ex-favourite

xD

My most played games these days is stuff like Atelier, Nep, Nights of Azure, or IF/CH games in general (is it weird that I have yet to play a single game by them that I dislike?).

One of the trainers in Sabrina's gym specifically says that Psychic Pokemon only fear Ghost and Bug Pokemon. Of course in order for the only Ghost line to be an effective threat to Psychics, it would need a lot more then freaking Lick dealing super effective damage to them.

It's hilarious how far away either of these types are at being a counter to Psychics. I guess Jolteon with Pin Missile can make Exeggutor a little nervous, but that's about it.

Edited by BrightBow

My most played games these days is stuff like Atelier, Nep, Nights of Azure, or IF/CH games in general (is it weird that I have yet to play a single game by them that I dislike?).

They stick to their niche and are good with it, tbf.

I enjoy alot of their games, too.

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

It always comes down to Pokemon's "cute" and "loveable" mascot... *anger ensues*

377110562116468766.png?v=1

49 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I'm running on a few hours' sleep myself...

50 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I am still up since we last talked since had appointment and stuff

F

24 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

If you're talking about Pokemon, yeah they never used the actual Pokemon logic in the anime. 

Electric doesnt work on rock types!

This is incorrect, all throughout the show. It doesnt work on ground, you morons!

A literal gym leader: Water types are weak against fire attacks!

13 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

It was true even in gen one, the problem is that ghost doesn’t resist psychic (I think) and literally every ghost type is also poison type in that generation and poison is weak to psychic so... balance!! Woohoo! (Also ghost moves probably sucked)

Anyway, good morning! Now into the pit of school work I go

The only Ghost moves in Gen 1 were Night Shade, Confuse Ray and Lick.
Despite the typing, Night Shade and Confuse Ray still hit Psychic and Normal types just fine. So Phychics being immune to Ghost really just means they are immune to Lick and it's terrifying 20 base attack.
Ghost was a physical type in Gen 1 too, and the Gastly line isn't exactly known for it's physical attack power.

Edited by BrightBow

I could go on a very, very long rant as two why Pokémon as a whole is complete nonsense and just flat out terrible to me (and in fact always has been, I was just blind), but I don't want to ruin your day by being overly negative.

8 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

They stick to their niche and are good with it, tbf.

Absolutely true!

8 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I enjoy alot of their games, too.

You got me into most of them. XD

Edited by DragonFlames

I could go on a very, very long rant as two why Pokémon as a whole is complete nonsense and just flat out terrible to me, but I don't want to ruin your day by being negative

I bet it will be nothing compared to my modern Trails tirades XD

1 hour ago, Julian Teehee said:

I really don't have the desire to talk about Fire Emblem nowadays, but when I read it, I simply have to jump in. I absolutely love chapter 22 regardless, if it's warpskipped or not, since it has so many obtainable goodies and fighting all the enemies is challenging as fun. When I played this chapter for the first time (the hard way), I needed more than 70 turns and six hours, and I didn't even find this chapter tedious, because this chapter requires some focus from the player, but in exchange it gives so many good weapons and items to the player.

That's fair enough, I suppose. Personally, I just don't think it's worth struggling through the chapter for any goodies. At that point in the game, a supply of warp staves is all you need, and 21x is better at providing that.

Still, I did it once without using any status staves, and... Well, I'm glad that you didn't find it tedious, because I did. No amount of stuff is worth the pain. Luck-based Reinhardt fight, ballista spam, bridge going down for no reason, 30-something leadership stars on the enemy... I like a challenge, don't get me wrong, but this chapter's challenge seems to be based entirely around stacking the odds against the player as much as possible in ways that can only be solved by using warp.

I think my favorite moment was when Salem got crit by the last ballista when the map was all but over. That was entirely my fault, of course, but... Well, I'll be honest: I used rewind. I didn't like it, but if I had to redo the entire chapter I would've quit the game.

Of course, warpskipping is an option, but... Personally, I don't like warpskipping. I much prefer playing the game to skipping everything in it, and FE5 makes it rather hard not to, with the extremely tedious lategame maps.

So... Yeah. I do like FE5, don't get me wrong, but everything from chapter 20 to the end really drags it down for me. It might be in my top 3 FEs if all those chapters didn't exist.

12 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

377110562116468766.png?v=1

Since everyone's talking about Pokemon now, allow me to add my two cents:

I don't like Pokemon.

...That's really about it. I tried playing Gen 1 a while back, and by the time I reached Giovanni I was so bored I just couldn't keep going. I did beat Emerald when I was a kid, but I don't think I quite understood the concept, because I used my starting pokemon alone the entire game until the final part (which I just cheesed with the legendary). So... Yeah. I'll show myself out now until someone brings up Berwick again.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I bet it will be nothing compared to my modern Trails tirades XD

You should've seen all my rants about Three Houses in my LP threads. Or... Well, maybe for the best you didn't, since it's your favorite game and all.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Just now, BrightBow said:

That chapter specifically gives you a free Warp Staff. So you are probably expected to use it there.

Yeah, that's why I don't like it. The map feels like Kaga's way of telling you "hey, warpskip the rest of the game or else I hate you". And, well... That's not something I find to be all that much fun, personally.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You should've seen all my rants about Three Houses in my LP threads. Or... Well, maybe for the best you didn't, since it's your favorite game and all.

Pokemon and Three Houses have a lot in common. They are both about a player self-insert being given credit for the accomplishments of others. Three Houses is just a lot more relentless about it.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah, that's why I don't like it. The map feels like Kaga's way of telling you "hey, warpskip the rest of the game or else I hate you". And, well... That's not something I find to be all that much fun, personally.

Oh yeah. The map sucks. No two ways about it.

1 minute ago, BrightBow said:

Pokemon and Three Houses have a lot in common. They are both about a player self-insert being given credit for the accomplishments of others. Three Houses is just a lot more relentless about it.

The biggest difference is that Pokemon is a strategy game.

Edited by BrightBow

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That's fair enough, I suppose. Personally, I just don't think it's worth struggling through the chapter for any goodies. At that point in the game, a supply of warp staves is all you need, and 21x is better at providing that.

pls you don'T even need 21x. I didn't even go there xD

Seriously though, just warp to remove saias then rescue and then play the map normally. Will be a breeze xD

10 Leadership stars are a bitch

Or... Well, maybe for the best you didn't, since it's your favorite game and all.

I already told you before, i don't mind xD

You should've seen all my rants about Three Houses in my LP threads.

Is it enough to make you hated in a fanbase? Enough to completely leave a fanbase? :sip:

When it comes to modern Trails, imagine old FE players complaining about Fatesawakening

That's exactly how i feel about modern Trails xD

Edited by Shrimperor

58 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

The only Ghost moves in Gen 1 were Night Shade, Confuse Ray and Lick.
Despite the typing, Night Shade and Confuse Ray still hit Psychic and Normal types just fine. So Phychics being immune to Ghost really just means they are immune to Lick and it's terrifying 20 base attack.
Ghost was a physical type in Gen 1 too, and the Gastly line isn't exactly known for it's physical attack power.

Confuse ray still acts that way, actually. 

And bug only has two? Attacks, and they are so weak that it doesnt matter.

53 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Since everyone's talking about Pokemon now, allow me to add my two cents:

I don't like Pokemon.

...That's really about it. I tried playing Gen 1 a while back, and by the time I reached Giovanni I was so bored I just couldn't keep going. I did beat Emerald when I was a kid, but I don't think I quite understood the concept, because I used my starting pokemon alone the entire game until the final part (which I just cheesed with the legendary). So... Yeah. I'll show myself out now until someone brings up Berwick again.

In my honest opinion, Gen 1 kind of aged like milk. Really a lot of the series did. It just seems so great when you're young and full of wonderment discovering a vast world for the first time... but when the discovery ends and things become a known quantity, there's a lost quality that just cannot be replaced by conventional means. Unless you're a "masochist" like me and feel the need to fill up the whole pokedex. Mind I only really played five games in the (main) series particularly seriously, and two of them were remakes of other games. I maintain, the most fun I had with the series was Soul-silver and that could just flat be nostalgia for what it recreated.

36 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

>24 turns
>Green units

atleast it's seize this time and not wait simulator

seriously though what's up with the combination of 24 turns + green units

Green is real 2(0)4(1).

seriously though chapter 12 seems exactly like my kind of jam

Split path? Check

Dangerous enemis? Check

Some Gameplay/Story integration? Check

Cool Music? Check

Only problem is i am hungry and tired, so will probably do it later today xD