• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Nah, don't worry. Freddy is pretty good.

Yeah I was kidding, there would be rioting in the streets if the Jagen was bad.

27 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I'm not too concerned about the plot, mainly as a precaution just in case I don't like the game and drop it halfway through (I did the same with Vestaria) but I do have a question:

Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents

You make it sound like Reese goes off on his own to rescue his sister (who I know becomes the final recruitable thanks to the recruitment guides) but I take it all the units come with after passing the point of no return? It sounds like an obvious answer but I just wanna make sure.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

At this point the spoiler layers are just a meme aren't they

Spoiler
Spoiler

All permanently recruited units meet up with Reese halfway and join him once again. Unrecruited mercenaries will be unavailable for the final missions of the game.

Oh Marth existed in this world? And his name was implied to be well known so we’re in Archanaea right? I mean uh oH wOw MaRtH hImSeLf Is In ThIs GaMe In A mAsK, hOw ShOcKiNg

17 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents

At this point the spoiler layers are just a meme aren't they

Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents

All permanently recruited units meet up with Reese halfway and join him once again. Unrecruited mercenaries will be unavailable for the final missions of the game.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Of course they’re a meme.

1 minute ago, Sooks1016 said:

Oh Marth existed in this world? And his name was implied to be well known so we’re in Archanaea right?

Is it a spoiler if I told you?
Just to be safe, I'll tag it.

Spoiler

Yes, Awakening is confirmed to take place roughly... I think 2,000 years after the events of the Archanea games.
They just changed the name of the continent, because... because.

They might know Marth's name, but nothing else about him. All the story acknowledges is that he is THE HERO KING and nothing else.

Goes to show they really just wanted to cynically ride the fame of Mystery of the Emblem in the most halfassed way possible.

Edited by BrightBow

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

Reveal hidden contents

Yes, Awakening is confirmed to take place roughly... I think 2,000 years after the events of the Archanea games.

Actually I already knew- well, was 90% sure I heard that somewhere.

Also why the heck is Virion in our army?? Like I get that Sully is implied to be a shepherd so she tagged along, but this random dude following her is joining our armed forces?? Is Sully pretty enough to risk your life?? Yeah no. Simp.

I can’t wait to pair them!

2 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

Also why the heck is Virion in our army?? Like I get that Sully is implied to be a shepherd so she tagged along, but this random dude following her is joining our armed forces?? Is Sully pretty enough to risk your life?? Yeah no. Simp.

Wouldn't you also immediately hire the guy stalking a girl in the forest at night and creeping on her? This guy would get far in Ubisoft at least.

Edited by BrightBow

Actually I already knew- well, was 90% sure I heard that somewhere.

Ah, okay.
Guess that's one of those open secrets by now. XD
Same with the Sigurd roasting.

3 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

Yeah, Virion's recruitment always struck me as weird.
Even more weird when you know what his actual deal is.

3 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

Haha, nice!

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Yeah, Virion's recruitment always struck me as weird.
Even more weird when you know what his actual deal is.

I’m sorry, a womanizer with more to them then just that? This isn’t Three Houses, you must be thinking of a different Virion xD

Wait so what is actually the point of giving me Vaike in this chapter if he doesn’t have an axe and it’s impossible to have one at this point in the game or get one in this chapter?

I’m sorry, a womanizer with more to them then just that? This isn’t Three Houses, you must be thinking of a different Virion xD

No, no, that is the correct Virion. XD
He's still on my shitlist for being part of that archetype (yes, I am that petty), but... womanizing surprisingly isn't all he's about!

Just now, Sooks1016 said:

Wait so what is actually the point of giving me Vaike in this chapter if he doesn’t have an axe and it’s impossible to have one at this point in the game or get one in this chapter?

Patience, young Awakening-ling! You'll see!

Edited by DragonFlames

14 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Reveal hidden contents

Clearly, it went out of fashion when the country of the same name ceased to exist.

So, when we renaming our continents?

Just now, DragonFlames said:

That is an excellent question.

Like, take Africa.

The continent was named after the Roman province of the same name. That ceased to exist long ago... so why we keep calling the continent Africa? Tsk tsk tsk, so out of fashion for centuries.

It's like when Oscar told that anecdote about Boyd forgetting his axe on his first mission. So funny.
...except if instead of it being a lighthearted and probably exaggerated anecdote, it's something you actually get to see happening, it's just really dumb.

Edited by BrightBow

Also, I don't recall it being stated anywhere that the continent is named Yilisse now.
Would be rather weird too. Akaneia was this big and powerful Roman Empire analogy, so the continent sharing the same name is not too surprising. But Ylisse is just some random country.
I think it's just like with Fates and they just didn't bother with a name.

Edited by BrightBow

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

Like, take Africa.

The continent was named after the Roman province of the same name. That ceased to exist long ago... so why we keep calling the continent Africa? Tsk tsk tsk, so out of fashion for centuries.

The name was catchy enough to stick around, it seems.
And just keeping on using the name is much easier than thinking about a new one. XD

12 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Also, I don't recall it being stated anywhere that the continent is named Yilisse now.
Would be rather weird too. Akaneia was this big and powerful Roman Empire analogy, so the continent sharing the same name is not too surprising. But Ylisse is just some random country.
I think it's just like with Fates and they just didn't bother with a name.

They did.

At least in one Famitsu article they talked of the continent being named Iris (Ylisse in localization), like the kingdom.

29 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

No, no, that is the correct Virion. XD
He's still on my shitlist for being part of that archetype (yes, I am that petty), but... womanizing surprisingly isn't all he's about!

Hmm... well hopefully he selves into that in his Sully support.

29 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Patience, young Awakening-ling! You'll see!

I did see! I kinda jumped the gun on that one

And it's done!
The Flame Demon fell to the Draggy Guild!
It was a hard-fought victory, but in the end, the boss stood little chance against us. It only got dicey in the beginning, when the Demon's Madness Roar caused everyone on my team except Brownie to Panic. And I got lucky with Venom Curse, which hit the boss for a total of 560 damage every turn, whereas Tamaki (who ran out of TP once again) and Victoria dealt 250+ and 280+ damage with Frigid Slash and Ice Rounds respectively. I was also forced to use both Brownie's True Endurance (in order to withstand the first Kingly Fire), and Tamaki's Issen (to kill of the Fire Gels when Poison wouldn't stick on them).
Having Insulation Gem definitely helped, I believe. My team was level 28 when I went into the fight, and they reached 29 after it.

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

And it's done!
It was a hard-fought victory, but in the end, the boss stood little chance against us. It only got dicey in the beginning, when the Demon's Madness Roar caused everyone on my team except Brownie to Panic. And I got lucky with Venom Curse, which hit the boss for a total of 560 damage every turn, whereas Tamaki (who ran out of TP once again) and Victoria dealt 250+ and 280+ damage with Frigid Slash and Ice Rounds respectively. I was also forced to use both Brownie's True Endurance (in order to withstand the first Kingly Fire), and Tamaki's Issen (to kill of the Fire Gels when Poison wouldn't stick on them).
Having Insulation Gem definitely helped, I believe. My team was level 28 when I went into the fight, and they reached 29 after it.

IewdrN0.gif

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

IewdrN0.gif

Thank you! ^^

4 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

Hmm... well hopefully he selves into that in his Sully support.

*sweats nervously*

4 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

I did see! I kinda jumped the gun on that one

Fun fact, if you're playing in English: Miriel and Edelgard have the same voice actress.

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

And it's done!

Congratulations!

In other news, deciding on pairings is hard... I don’t know if I should just grab supports based off of who I think might be good or Google them and risk character spoilers... hmmm

1 minute ago, Sooks1016 said:

Congratulations!

Thank you! ^^

In other news, deciding on pairings is hard... I don’t know if I should just grab supports based off of who I think might be good or Google them and risk character spoilers... hmmm

I'd advise you to just go with your gut, honestly.
Sure, optimizing this stuff can be fun too, but on a first playthrough, I'd say it's best to experiment with whoever you like together.