• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

4 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

disappointing that it’s not on NES online, but that collector’s edition is pretty neat.

Really? You’d rather it be on NES online?

7 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Nintendo is no stranger to artificial scarcity even prior to 3D All-Stars, sadly.
Amiibos, NES Classic, and SNES Classic all suffered from this.

This does not show a good trend...

——

This is a state sanctioned test and it’s asking me what the best reason to outline your writing is and all of the answers are benefits of that. Wtf?? What is with these “What is your opinion and you better hope it’s not wrong” questions?? ARGHHHHHH

Edited by Sooks1016

18 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

wtf news of the day

I just posted my thoughts in the general FE topic. Too antiquated for me even at $6 USD. Don't get your hopes up for 4 or beyond (barring maybe a situation where the remake includes the original as a bonus).

9 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Nintendo is no stranger to artificial scarcity, sadly.

And fans are no stranger to artificial abundance, if you catch my drift. If Nintendo chooses to remove any and all means of a customer purchasing this game and directly providing funds to Nintendo, then it's their fault for what I'd do. If the game is "dead" and my only option is funding a fellow gamer nobody on Amazon or Ebay, then you have no right to complain I'm costing you money Nintendo if I opt for other means. Because, I'm not. Provide me with a living avenue for giving you money for a game, and I'll do it over any and all alternatives, thats all I ask for.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And fans are no stranger to artificial abundance, if you catch my drift. If Nintendo chooses to remove any and all means of a customer purchasing this game and directly providing funds to Nintendo, then it's their fault for what I'd do. If the game is "dead" and my only option is funding a fellow gamer nobody on Amazon or Ebay, then you have no right to complain I'm costing you money Nintendo if I opt for other means. Because, I'm not.

Also a good point.

I mean, SD has been awesome, so maybe it'll have merit to it...

Also, if there is an FE11/1 remake again, they should keep infinite warp.

Edited by Benice

I am interested in picking it up as I have not played a single Archanea game (except for Echoes and Awakening but lmao IS themselves forgot we were in Archanea) but not sure

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

I kinda feel the same way but I also kinda want it for the history.

I get that. It's what they say of the places like Peter Luger's Steakhouse and Delmonico's in New York City. You can get better steaks and clams elsewhere in the city, they aren't particularly special there, but it's the sense of history in a city thats constantly updating itself that makes them overblown with praise.

That, and I have done a "history game" purchase before. Shin Megami Tensei I comes to mind. I can say modern SMT blows it out of the water, but I wanted to see the origins of the franchise (which isn't actually it's origins, it's the third game, preceded by Megami Tensei and Megami Tensei II).

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

...I just saw someone saying they showed Roy with Marth as to hint at FE6 remake next

RIP Shrimpy. At least they'll probably buff hitrates and remove ambush spawns.
EDIT: Wait, it could also be Eliwood.

Edited by Benice

13 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

I am interested in picking it up as I have not played a single Archanea game (except for Echoes and Awakening but lmao IS themselves forgot we were in Archanea) but not sure

Honestly, the DS remakes are the better options all around. QoL fixes and improvements across the board.

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

Yes. Then I wouldn't have to spend $6 for a NES game.

An always online requirement for a NES games...
...on a handheld system.
Yeah, no thanks.

Quite frankly, the portability is probably gonna be the only thing that makes the pacing of this game bearable.

8 minutes ago, Benice said:

RIP Shrimpy.

Who knows. Maybe they will be able to make a good game out of FE6, after all

probably not, but eh.

I might just get Vestaria saga then to tide me over until next mainline.

As much as i have problems with Kaga games, i generally enjoy them

Edited by Shrimperor

13 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Honestly, the DS remakes are the better options all around. QoL fixes and improvements across the board.

I'd argue FE3 is better than 12 but yeah. Only reason to play the OGs is if you want to see the legacy, other than that, there's no reason to play FE1 over 11, 2 over 15.

1 minute ago, Sooks1016 said:

I also feel like it’s because back in the day (probably, I wasn’t around then) Marth and Roy were grouped together as those two fire emblem dudes.

Yeah they were in Melee and nobody in the West had heard of them.