Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

*Sees Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town is on sale for $34.99. Has almost $40 on my account.*

Do I?

I'm leaning not, I'm don't think the sale is big enough to make the buy hesitation-free. This is at its core a mostly visual update of a 1999 game, the reviewers have said it's fairly simple by modern SoS standards. However, I admittedly fell out of the franchise not much further into its maturation. More than the farming, I'm concerned I won't actually like its characters, I know them from seeing them in my youth, but I admit to actually knowing very little about them. The child is lost in imagination and in being so, does not actually read things. Will, stripped of the blurriness of how a child experiences things, I like these people? I haven't a clue.😟

This is a peculiarly tricky decision for me. It's like seeing the person you had a crush in kindergarten on 25 years later, and you see they look and act somewhat attractive now. Theres an awkwardness in this, you might as well be dating a new totally different person, but the origin of the attraction partly lay in them being familiar.

If it truly was a remake of Back to Nature, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. Like, why remake the truncated version!

Edited by Acacia Sgt

• Replies 177.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

I made it through chapter 12... somehow....

3 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Conquest. My introduction to FE

You played Conquest first? Someone didn’t follow the rules 😛

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

This is a peculiarly tricky decision for me. It's like seeing the person you had a crush in kindergarten on 25 years later, and you see they look and act somewhat attractive now. Theres an awkwardness in this, you might as well be dating a new totally different person, but the origin of the attraction partly lay in them being familiar.

Judging by this, is sounds like you are leaning towards yes, in an intriguing way to say it of course

Path of Radiance for me.

And the only FEs I have yet to play are 1 through 3.
Everything else I've at least tried once, with only two games I couldn't finish for different reasons.

Edited by DragonFlames

38 minutes ago, Dayni said:

So wait, you're pulling off a Lysithea with this much Str naturally how?

Axefaire +Death blow+ Warrior class base strength of 19+Freikugel. I think she only Procced strongth once? This was a level 22-ish Lysithea IIRC. I should point out that this is only on Hard, but still.

37 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Well, to be fair, almost all FE games focus on high enemy quantity over quality anyway. There may be exceptions, but they aren't among the FE games I've played, Radiant Dawn included.

Yeah, but that doesn't make TH's enemy quality higher. A unit that I tried to ruin that much shouldn't be able to do that. She also nearly OHKO'd the death knight in the next chapter-4 points of damage off. A Crest proccing would have gotten her the OHKO, probably.

5 minutes ago, Benice said:

Axefaire +Death blow+ Warrior class base strength of 19+Freikugel. I think she only Procced strongth once? This was a level 22-ish Lysithea IIRC. I should point out that this is only on Hard, but still.

Phew, I should have seen that coming.

It's still kinda impressive how much you can pull of in 0 Growths FE.

10 minutes ago, Benice said:

Yeah, but that doesn't make TH's enemy quality higher.

True, but my point is that that's not an issue (if it can even be called that) that is exclusive to 3H. Nearly every FE game mostly relies on a higher quantity of enemies to increase difficulty rather than solely relying on stronger enemies. FE9, FE6, FE7, FE10, FE11, FE12 etc.

Edited by twilitfalchion

3 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

K7zx3bZ.png

This is what happens when I only sleep for 30 minutes.

I have a lot of questions.

3 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

From my talking with some people here and there, it's the games being simple why some like them.

Can confirm the simplicity is why i like them a lot. Sometimes less is more and i personally feel that the GBA games manage to be solid despite not having the more complex stuff from before and after.

3 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Didn't Gaiden have Rescue also?
Echoes has it, so I assume Gaiden did, too.

Feel free to correct me on this, though!

Gaiden didn't have like 95% of the things Echoes did.

2 hours ago, Benice said:

tfw you didn't like Gronder. Oh well... It was pretty okay considering that it was a rout map, though.

Benice when it's time to have the opposite opinion

d37_1.jpg?width=552&height=432

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

That program I used for making those collages is pretty good. Even upscaling of pictures goes smoothly when it needs to do that.
What it isn't good at is downscaling.
ShPiE08.jpg
Jeepers...

Do you have the original saved? Just downscale it with MSPaint or whatever the Linux equivalent is. Should work.

30 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

*Sees Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town is on sale for $34.99. Has almost $40 on my account.*

Do I?

Me right now. Though the difference is that i haven't played the original. But still, i haven't jumped on the sale yet.

24 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

True, but my point is that that's not an issue (if it can even be called that) that is exclusive to 3H. Nearly every FE game mostly relies on a higher quantity of enemies to increase difficulty rather than solely relying on stronger enemies. FE9, FE6, FE7, FE10, FE11, FE12 etc.

Fe13 just did both :’))

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

True, but my point is that that's not an issue (if it can even be called that) that is exclusive to 3H.

3H suffers from it more than many others do, and the enemy placement and lack of weaker units to use can't make up for it. (Personally, I find FE8 to have been significantly harder than FE16, but that is just me, and that is ignoring the fact that Seth exists.)

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Nearly every FE game mostly relies on a higher quantity of enemies to increase difficulty rather than solely relying on stronger enemies. FE9, FE6, FE7, FE10, FE11, FE12 etc.

FE6, FE11 and FE12 all have high enemy quality though. FE12 in particular has amongst the highest enemy quality in the series.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Benice when it's time to have the opposite opinion

d37_1.jpg?width=552&height=432

Hey, I like Petra! That's popular, right?

Just now, Benice said:

FE6, FE11 and FE12 all have high enemy quality though. FE12 in particular has amongst the highest enemy quality in the series.

Hm, I distinctly remember the difficulty primarily coming from wave after wave of your standard enemies being flung at the player rather than many particularly beefy enemies, in each of those games, with only rare exceptions.

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

Hm, I distinctly remember the difficulty primarily coming from wave after wave of your standard enemies being flung at the player rather than many particularly beefy enemies, in each of those games, with only rare exceptions.

That's true. On Normal, they are that way, but that is the case for every FE's lowest difficulty. FE12 has really high enemy quality on higher difficulties, as does FE11.

Oh I forgot to say hOw I won. Nowi tanked. Nowi is apparently a great tank and I could not have won without her, she was definitely the MVP!

10 minutes ago, Benice said:

Hey, I like Petra! That's popular, right?

In the world of my dreams yeah......

20 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

Mmmmmm Pizza Hut.... my favorite toppings at the end too, dang.

I've never had Pizza hut, actually.