• Replies 176.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

I'm surprised that I was able to finish the second dungeon of Persona 4 within nine hours. I think I didn't even complete the first one in Persona 5 within this time. Persona 4, especially the social links, is way less text-heavy which doesn't bother me at all. I don't want to let it become a visual novel, even if I don't mind this genre.

14 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I missed the edit earlier.

Holy shit, you absolute genius-- You're completely right! The bastards really did slip a Navarre lord past me! Perhaps I was mistaken with Felix... Byleth is the true menace. Remind me to sacrifice them if I ever play Three Houses again.

"Spanish Man dubs Three Houses unbeatable."
"Every time I kill the Navarre in this game I get a game over" ~Saint Rubenio

11 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Oh boy...
You are absolutely correct!

Now I'm just waiting on a game to have a Gharnef-Lord.
What do you mean you can't have the villain as the lord?

2 minutes ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

Now I'm just waiting on a game to have a Gharnef-Lord.
What do you mean you can't have the villain as the lord?

That would be awesome, ngl.
The next step is: you're playing as the evil dragon! xD

4 minutes ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

"Spanish Man dubs Three Houses unbeatable."
"Every time I kill the Navarre in this game I get a game over" ~Saint Rubenio

You know, it might actually be a pretty interesting idea for a run to never use Byleth. But then again... Reunion at Dawn would be the final chapter of such a run.

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

That would be awesome, ngl.
The next step is: you're playing as the evil dragon! xD

Villain Emblem: A FE where your army consists of the prologue brigand, the Gharnef as the Jeigan and the evil dragon as the Gotoh. Get to it, IntSys.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You know, it might actually be a pretty interesting idea for a run to never use Byleth. But then again... Reunion at Dawn would be the final chapter of such a run.

Villain Emblem: A FE where your army consists of the prologue brigand, the Gharnef as the Jeigan and the evil dragon as the Gotoh. Get to it, IntSys.

The Cain and Abel can be the offensive gay stereotype bandits they inevitably had in every game, and then we can actually have their supports deconstruct their stereotype so they aren't the bad joke they've always been.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I'd agree for sure with AM, with a very likely for the other routes. (One thing is for sure, I would never have approved of it.)

I would comment on your tier list..... but I have enough to do and I'd rather not shout about personalities for the lords for a few hours.

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

I'd agree for sure with AM, with a very likely for the other routes. (One thing is for sure, I would never have approved of it.)

I would comment on your tier list..... but I have enough to do and I'd rather not shout about personalities for the lords for a few hours.

You can always come back to it later. You know if there's something I like, it's ranting about things.

2 minutes ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

The Cain and Abel can be the offensive gay stereotype bandits they inevitably had in every game, and then we can actually have their supports deconstruct their stereotype so they aren't the bad joke they've always been.

That's a legit good idea. Deconstruct that shitty stereotype into something that's actually nice.

And now here's my burial tier list of Fire Emblem protagonists:
Bq6mDeI.png

I consider PoR Ike and RD Ike to be different, hence why both of them are here, and Rubenio is right: SD Marth and FE12 Marth are different. Same with Shiida, kinda.
Still like 'em, though!

And yes, I consider Seteth and Tibarn protagonists, too. After all, Seteth is the lord of Silver Snow, and Tibarn has his own troop in Radiant Dawn.

Edited by DragonFlames

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

And now here's my burial tier list of Fire Emblem protagonists:
Bq6mDeI.png

I consider PoR Ike and RD Ike to be different, hence why both of them are here, and Rubenio is right: SD Marth and FE12 Marth are different. Same with Shiida, kinda.
Still like 'em, though!

And yes, I consider Seteth and Tibarn protagonists, too. After all, Seteth is the lord of Silver Snow, and Tibarn has his own troop in Radiant Dawn.

Celica up top, hm? Well, I have a couple disagreements, but fair enough for the most part! I like Seteth's placement. I never played SS, but he's still one of my favs from Three Houses. Heck, probably would go as far as to call him top 3. Maybe. Top 5 for sure. A shame all the routes he's available in are Reunion at Dawn routes.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Celica up top, hm? Well, I have a couple disagreements, but fair enough for the most part! I like Seteth's placement. I never played SS, but he's still one of my favs from Three Houses. Heck, probably would go as far as to call him top 3. Maybe. Top 5 for sure. A shame all the routes he's available in are Reunion at Dawn routes.

Seteth has managed to elevate himself to be my personal favorite male character in the series, and definite top 5 for male characters in video games in general.
As for Celica, her character really resonated with me, hence her placement.
Although I'd be lying if I said that her ending up as my best unit twice in a row had nothing to do with that. xD

3 hours ago, Kasumi Yoshizawa said:

Well, I never really considered Azure and Lucina as a lord since they may die at any time, but everyone has their own definition of a lord. Technically lord is just a special class for sword users, so the majority wouldn't fulfill this criteria.

The story is really focused around Lucina though, not Chrom. He's just kinda... there.

Makes sense.

I think she's the only "lord" classwise in Fire Emblem the developers didn't care for their outcome. Honestly now that I'm thinking about, I don't even know what a lord is suppossed to be. For me it's a character with continous availibilty and plot who must not die at any point in the game.

I personally would rather of had Awakening's story go like FE4. Kill Chrom and have Lucina take over as MC for the rest of the game. It's clear that's what they really wanted anyways.

Would have made the story much much better, IMO.

That or just make a continuation where she is the MC. Either way would have worked for me.

Edited by lightcosmo

34 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That's a legit good idea. Deconstruct that shitty stereotype into something that's actually nice.

I never understood what the point of them was to be honest. The one in Fates managed to take it further by trying to abduct Kana so they could have a pet dragon in his/her paralogue. You know, so we could have the gay slaver bandit brothers.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

"Massive elitist energy"? Then what am I, Kaga himself?

You didn't play FE4, hence you are a fake elitist 😛

Tier lists huh

Here's something i did a few months ago

cXm9KoS.png

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

You didn't play FE4, hence you are a fake elitist 😛

Shucks, that's true... I am a disappointment to elitism.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Tier lists huh

Here's something i did a few months ago

cXm9KoS.png

You know what? Fine. Hanneman is on B tier. That'll have to do to compensate for Claude being top tier.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

I usually tend to dislike the "loyalty above all' type, and like the "ideals, connect the world, i will do what i want" type.

The Camus archetype especially i hate. Can't vibe with them at all and o usually am happy to strike em down.

There are exceptions of course, but that's the gist of it

Edited by Shrimperor