• Replies 177.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

I'm gonna throw an OST tier list into this, just for fun. Only will include the games I've played.

febyost.png

I'm glad we're all setting aside our differences to agree that Twilight of the Gods is king among the series' final map themes.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

This was actually the first (remix of an) FE track i ever listened to

Probably my favorite version of the song but I guess that's the Latino in me speaking haha.

Oh, whoops, didn't see that it was a final map music tier list. In that case:

S: Echoes>> Silver Snow > VW 

A: RD > BWS > AM/CF > VS1

B: Awakening > Thracia > Old Mystery

C Tier:FE4> PoR > Sacred Stones

D Tier: FE7> FE6

Edited by Spara
Auto-emoji corrected something it shouldn't have.

2 minutes ago, Spara said:

Oh, whoops, didn't see that it was a final map music tier list. In that case:

S: Echoes>> Silver Snow > VW 

A: RD > BWS > AM/CF > VS1

B: Awakening > Thracia > Old Mystery

😄 FE4> PoR > Sacred Stones

😧 FE7> FE6

Wait you put TRS on your OST tier list but not your final map theme tier list? Did you forget?

Just now, Armagon said:

Wait you put TRS on your OST tier list but not your final map theme tier list? Did you forget?

....yes.

Solid C tier.

To be honest, music is pretty much the only aspect where I personally consider all of FE to be universally good. There are games that I hate, games that I love, games that I feel lukewarm about... But when it comes to music, you'll find me listening to tunes from the entire series. Great OSTs, all in all.

So here's my final map tier list:

S- Berwick Saga, Vestaria Saga, Echoes / Gaiden, 3H, Fates, Awakening, Shadow Dragon, New Mystery / Old Mystery, Radiant Dawn, Sacred Stones, Binding Blade, Blazing Sword, Thracia (I know it's not unique to the final map, but I love it all the same), Genealogy.

A- Path of Radiance. I never made it to the end of that game, and unlike the others, I never found the final map theme elsewhere, so I don't know what it is.

B- Fire Emblem 1. Boop-boop-boop-boop-boop-boop gets a bit tiresome. Whereas even the NES version of Twilight of the Gods stands the test of time, FE11's version of the Shadow Dragon final theme was definitely superior.

My final map music tier list:

S-tier: Echoes > Silver Snow

A-tier: Awakening, Verdant Wind

B-tier: Azure Moon, Crimson Flower, Shadow Dragon

C-tier: Path of Radiance

I don't actually remember the final map themes: FE6, FE7, FE8

I haven't heard the final map theme, because I never got the True Ending: FE12

I got tired of the song before the final maps happened: Fates

Edited by DragonFlames
forgot the DS games. Oops!

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

To be honest, music is pretty much the only aspect where I personally consider all of FE to be universally good. There are games that I hate, games that I love, games that I feel lukewarm about... But when it comes to music, you'll find me listening to tunes from the entire series. Great OSTs, all in all.

So here's my final map tier list:

S- Berwick Saga, Vestaria Saga, Echoes / Gaiden, 3H, Fates, Awakening, Shadow Dragon, New Mystery / Old Mystery, Radiant Dawn, Sacred Stones, Binding Blade, Blazing Sword, Thracia (I know it's not unique to the final map, but I love it all the same), Genealogy.

A- Path of Radiance. I never made it to the end of that game, and unlike the others, I never found the final map theme elsewhere, so I don't know what it is.

B- Fire Emblem 1. Boop-boop-boop-boop-boop-boop gets a bit tiresome. Whereas even the NES version of Twilight of the Gods stands the test of time, FE11's version of the Shadow Dragon final theme was definitely superior.

Literally the same old that you had since chapter 26.... until...

You get this when you fight Ashnard.

7 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Also, my first FE is technically FE7x, a fan game that plays more like Tellius

You played a fan game first? Huh.

Anyway good morning! There’s a new name and new pages I don’t feel like reading through. But other than that did I miss anything?

19 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Listen to its.... alrightness here.

I mean, I'm not a fan of PoR's music and consider it the worst overall, but this is fine.

Maybe I'll add my thoughts on this topic.

23 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

haven't heard the final map theme, because I never got the True Ending: FE12

Idk if you did but if you ever got to the end of Thabes Labyrinth in Echoes, FE12's final map theme also plays there.

Just now, Armagon said:

Idk if you did but if you ever got to the end of Thabes Labyrinth in Echoes, FE12's final map theme also plays there.

Oh!
That's cool! In that case, it's a definite B-tier, maybe even A, because I really liked the theme that plays there!
Thanks for the info! ^^

Just now, Sooks1016 said:

Marianne succ, that’s my only interesting opinion

> Implying my opinions are interesting. xD

Yup.

My favorite recruitment theme is Together We Ride.
But that's mostly because it was the first Fire Emblem song I ever heard due to playing Melee before getting into FE. The version of it from Melee (that is mixed with the FE main theme) is also my favorite version of the song.

So good!

13 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

> Implying my opinions are interesting. xD

GBA fe hot takes

I also don’t name any recruitment themes except the PoR one I just listened to and the fe7 one