Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Just now, Armagon said:

iirc, skills can't proc when using Mire (the only siege tome in Awakening). Unless that's in Fates and not Awakening.

Oh. Okay then. Uh...Hope you trained Henry!

• Replies 177k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Benice betraying Berwick Saga for menu colors, it really do be like that.

Okay, blind enemies in Fog of War is a close second.

(And I still prefer Berwick, the lack of ambush spawns is really nice. That said, I want Thracia to be remade now, 'cause with 2rn, fixing 2x and QoL improvements it'd be really good.)

Edited by Benice

1 minute ago, Benice said:

That said, I want Thracia to be remade now, 'cause with 2rn, fixing 2x and QoL improvements it'd be really good.

Well the first step in remaking Thracia would be getting rid of Fatigue, or at least reworking it to work like it did in Echoes.

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

Both FE4 and FE5 could use remakes. Maybe combine them into a single package. Although that would be highly unlikely.

They play way too differently. FE6 and 7 being combined into a single package could work tho.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

2x is such a boring slog map

Everytime i start a different Thracia run for any different reason i have 0 Motivation to play that map lol

Yeah, I just abused Eyvel's invicibility. 'Cause I think she's invincible?

Unless I got really, really, really lucky.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Well the first step in remaking Thracia would be getting rid of Fatigue, or at least reworking it to work like it did in Echoes.

I have no idea what Fatigue does, actually. I would really like prep screens earlier on as well, since as of ch. 6 I haven't had any and trading manually is rather cumbersome.

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

And making fog of war actually be fog, and not a case of

giphy.gif

If I'm being honest, Thracia fog is worse than normal fog, but not that much worse. My two cents on Fog of war is: Berwick Fog or no fog. Otherwise it's just reset/Turnwheel abuse until you know where enemies are.

I have no idea what Fatigue does, actually. I would really like prep screens earlier on as well, since as of ch. 6 I haven't had any and trading manually is rather cumbersome.

Once a character's fatigue exceeds their max HP, they can't be used for the following chapter, after which their Fatigue resets to 0.

Preparations screen isn't until Ch8.

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

Yeah, I just abused Eyvel's invicibility

map is easy though so you don't need that. It's just a slog

I have no idea what Fatigue does, actually.

It starts taking effect from ch8. Basically any unit with Fatigue > MHP can't be deployed for a chapter

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

Once a character's fatigue exceeds their max HP, they can't be used for the following chapter, after which their Fatigue resets to 0.

Uh....

Guess I'll have no army in ch. 8, then... Everyone has about... 45-ish Fatigue right now?

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Preparations screen isn't until Ch8.

Ah, good to know! Thanks.

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

And making fog of war actually be fog, and not a case of

giphy.gif

Oh i remember this episode. Really interesting.

If a unit's fatigue points exceed their HP, they can't be used the next chapter. Fatigue builds up when you do any action, regardless of it's success. So basically, the game can punish you for playing.

In Echoes, Fatigue got reworked to where it's just a stat penalty. Way more fair.

Guess I'll have no army in ch. 8, then... Everyone has about... 45-ish Fatigue right now?

You will get some peeps in ch7. guess who

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

Unpopular opinion of the day: Fog of war is a mechanic that needs to be axed from FE completely.

not unpopular. I agree anyway.

Or do it like Berwick. The fog maps there (except that atrocious 11-2) were really fun and fair

Unpopular opinion of the day: Fog of war is a mechanic that needs to be axed from FE completely.

I feel like most people would agree tbh.

Like, if it's done the way it's done in Berwick, cool, but IntSys hasn't learned.

popular opinion of the day: Fog of war is a mechanic that needs to be axed from FE completely.

Fixed it for ya!

Seriously, I don't know anyone who actually likes Fog of war, aside from sometimes its iteration in Berwick Saga. I relly hope they do make enemies blind in Fog as well, because it really does actually make maps more interesting rather than frustrating.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

map is easy though so you don't need that. It's just a slog

Yeah, but I get bored. Besides, enemy quality was low enough at that point that I didn't particularly care about raising anyone but Marty.

Uh....

Ah, good to know! Thanks.

For the record, units not participating in a chapter resets Fatigue. Doesn't matter that they aren't sitting out due to exceeding Fatigue. S Drinks aren't that hard to come by, so you can use them if you really need/want a character that's about to miss out.

I'm pretty sure it resets once you reach Ch8. If not, you will have units to use anyway.