Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

4 minutes ago, Benice said:

enemy quality was low enough

aside from some chapters the enemies you meet in ch3 are probably as strong as ch22 enemies in Thracia lol

except for some Dark Mages or something xD

The enemy quality in Thracia is really low, and the game truely shines during Manster Arc + some chapters later

Edited by Shrimperor

• Replies 177.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

FoW is fine in Valkyria Chronicles but that's because the whole game is designed around that.

Valkyria also has whole lotta different mechanics. Like counter fire during movement and stuff.

And it also has objective variety, something most FE suck at. Even the FEs with alot of objective variety have less variety than first quarter of VC4

Honestly, I think 2RN would kinda break a lot of Thracia. A lot of enemies have low hitrates to begin with, and with the effects of 2rn, basically everyone would be a dodgetank for a long time. I can agree with getting rid of the 1/99 hit boundaries, though. That feels like Kaga trying to make more dynamic, reaction-based gameplay (a la Berwick's turn system and Vestaria's map design) in a very poorly thought-out manner. I do like Thracia Fatigue, though, because it actually matters and prevents you from building a single super team of units, which was something that really bores me in a lot of entries in the series.

7 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Don't you already have Marty?

Well yes but actually no.

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I can't wait to see Benice react to Xavier recruitment, assuming he doesn't already know about it.

What? Who's Xavier?

I'm definitely gonna use him, though, since I was supposed to be named Xavier when I was born!

5 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I got to 2x and haven't gotten back to it since.

I need to continue with Thracia sometime soon.

looks into the massive void that is my backlog

sighs

I will say that 2x and 3 were the weakest maps thus far. Other than that they've been solid.

Well, 4x exists, but that was me being dumb. It's not too bad after turn 1. The story's also pretty neat.

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

aside from some chapters the enemies you meet in ch3 are probably as strong as ch22 enemies in Thracia lol

except for some Dark Mages or something xD

The enemy quality in Thracia is really low, and the game truely shines during Manster Arc + some chapters later

Oof.

Also, apparently chapter 5 is extremely popular? I liked it, but did I miss something about it? 'Cause it was a fairly average map...

Edited by Benice

1 minute ago, Benice said:

Well yes but actually no.

Nani?

1 minute ago, Benice said:

I will say that 2x and 3 were the weakest maps thus far. Other than that they've been solid.

Well, 4x exists, but that was me being dumb. It's not too bad after turn 1.

Oh, okay.

flashbacks to the image of that one map with ambush mage spawn

shudders

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I encourage and support this decision.

That's a bad sign...

Also, Marty, Xavier and Miranda aside, who are the worst units/hardest to use?

EDIT: Yeah, I'm gonna try and train that thief girl from ch. 4. I mean, she must have SOME merit to being used, right? IMMA DO IT

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

flashbacks to the image of that one map with ambush mage spawn

shudders

Yeah, that's not gonna be fun. Still, the game hasn't been that bad in terms of ambush spawns? There's been a few bad ones, (pro tip put a save state before you open the door to escape in ch. 4, also make sure all three brigands escape because otherwise you miss out on a really good unit) but the rest have been pretty okay as long as you aren't turtling a ton.

Edited by Benice

6 minutes ago, Benice said:

Also, apparently chapter 5 is extremely popular? I liked it, but did I miss something about it? 'Cause it was a fairly average map...

...it's one of my fav maps series wide, if not the fav, and Thracia at it's peak imo xD

6 minutes ago, Benice said:

I'm definitely gonna use him, though

...good luck

it's a torture trying to recruit him

6 minutes ago, Spara said:

Honestly, I think 2RN would kinda break a lot of Thracia. A lot of enemies have low hitrates to begin with, and with the effects of 2rn, basically everyone would be a dodgetank for a long time. I can agree with getting rid of the 1/99 hit boundaries, though. That feels like Kaga trying to make more dynamic, reaction-based gameplay (a la Berwick's turn system and Vestaria's map design) in a very poorly thought-out manner. I do like Thracia Fatigue, though, because it actually matters and prevents you from building a single super team of units, which was something that really bores me in a lot of entries in the series.

Or maybe make enemies stronger.

Edited by Shrimperor

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

Miranda

...you going B route? my condolences

Still, the game hasn't been that bad in terms of ambush spawns?

They are pretty fair until late game. And maybe ch14 (that will be a fun one)

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

it's one of my fav maps series wide, if not the fav, and Thracia at it's peak imo xD

Well yeah, but I was wondering if I missed something about it. Like, a secret Kaga event...

6 minutes ago, Spara said:

Mayve Fates RN, then? 2rn above 50, 1rn below?

EDIT: Yeah, I'm gonna try and train that thief girl from ch. 4. I mean, she must have SOME merit to being used, right? IMMA DO IT

There is, but it's not so much her combat capabilities.

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I tried for hours and in the end i just gave up and killed him

worst recruitment franchise wide

Kaga.jpg

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Valkyria also has whole lotta different mechanics. Like counter fire during movement and stuff.

Yeah, that's what i meant by being designed around it.

What? Who's Xavier?

I'm definitely gonna use him, though, since I was supposed to be named Xavier when I was born!

Xavier recruitment: "Have all the NPC civilians speak to the 8 Armor Axes positioned near Xavier. Talk with Leif afterwards". 

To further explain, each NPC needs to talk to a specific Armor Axe before Xavier can be a recruited. All of this is way harder than it sounds.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

...you going B route? my condolences

There's a route split? I am trying to play quite blind, so I don't know much about anyone...

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

There is, but it's not so much her combat capabilities.

Well, generic theif utility girl will be my assassin MVP!

5 minutes ago, Benice said:

Yeah, I'm gonna try and train that thief girl from ch. 4. I mean, she must have SOME merit to being used, right?

Spoiler

Dancer

There's a route split? I am trying to play quite blind, so I don't know much about anyone...

Yes, and unless you want to deal with a forest map with hidden warp tiles and ALL range Berserk boss, and a Ballista hell right after, you go A route

45 minutes ago, Benice said:

Try using a Siege tome if you have one, ideally someone with some kind of dangerous proc skill that can OHKO/ORKO a generic, (Maybe Ignis or something?) and Savescum until you get it, then dance your best unit to the boss, (if possible in one turn, if not dance the siege tomer and weaken the boss with them) and take him out on turn 2 or 3, ideally.

That was sort of what I was thinking, but I used a different strategy (keep everyone together on one side instead of advancing normally) which worked like a charm and now I’m on to 20.

The only siege tome in awakening is Mire, which only dark mages and sorcerers can use (and my strongest one of those can’t do much damage because I barely use her), and you can only get them in and after chapter 21, and that was chapter 19. My idea was Chrom or Lucina instead of someone with Ignis, because they’re already broken, and aether is insane. Particularly Chrom because his S support partner is a flier so I could fly him over there with dancing help.

10 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Reveal hidden contents

Dancer

Yes, and unless you want to deal with a forest map with hidden warp tiles and ALL range Berserk boss, and a Ballista hell right after, you go A route

I am nOT opening that spoiler. Probably ggets a broken prf, though.

Hm... Unless it's a hidden route split, (if so, please don't tell me) I'll probably just do both!

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Screenshot_2523.png

Yo, that's crazy. It'd be a shame if i just strolled in with my unaugmented Ares 90 and just

IMG_20201102_142205.jpg?width=768&height

I don't think the other Superbosses will let me get away with doing this tho. Maybe Nahum, the Red Hare but if you kill her before she enters her Skell, you get literally nothing out of it so it doesn't count.

I didn't have my Ares at the time I took on Dadaan, so I took him out several times on foot. Even on foot, he isn't very difficult, all of his -and the army of goons he summons- attacks are either Physical or Thermal, nothing else, so a Shield for Supershield + a buyable swim band makes you invincible. Add in Overdrive, and I eventually killed everyone with Executioner.

He is one of the few enemies with additional details in the Enemy Index, just a single-sentence blip. And he is the only source of Reflect: Physical and Reflect: Thermal (the Skell versions must be obtained elsewhere) augments. He drops the Mighty Glaive: Galaxy Chief too, a special Gravity-attribute Longsword that looks like a katana, and is guaranteed to come with some randomized-from-a-list XV traits, some rather nice.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

IMG_20201102_135805.jpg?width=768&height

And with that, i have recruited every playable character in Xenoblade X.

👏 It only took you until after the main story.

I wish Mia had reallllly absurd stats to show offer her potential, because she deserves them after all you went through to get her. If X2 brings back all/most/some of the first game's playables, I think Mia deserves a chance to really shine there in an AfM or something. As for her Signature Arts, Beam Bomber is excellent for Rayguns, shame it took so long to show up.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

28 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I got to 2x and haven't gotten back to it since.

43 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

2x is such a boring slog map

Everytime i start a different Thracia run for any different reason i have 0 Motivation to play that map and stop playing lol

I read things like this a lot.

What’s so horribly wrong with 2x? What makes it a boring slog? Lay it on me!

23 minutes ago, Benice said:

And here I thought you disliked avatars in fe

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

Hm... Unless it's a hidden route split, (if so, please don't tell me) I'll probably just do both!

nah it's not hidden, the game is quite clear about it

You can only choose one though, or are you going to split save?

I am nOT opening that spoiler. Probably ggets a broken prf, though.

yeah you are 100% missing the event. No way you are getting it blind