• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

EDIT: I'm also salty because I bought a Switch specifically to play it. There aren't any other games on it that interest me.

Sell it tbh, Switch is still in demand.

Or maybe more games will come out you are interested in

4 hours ago, Sooks said:

I’m sorry? The lord has res?? This is gba fe, that’s not how this works!

Be glad it's not DSFE, where only Wrys has resistance.

34 minutes ago, Benice said:

I just need to look at it as more of a Visual Novel. Three Houses is a good game, it's just not a Strategy one.

I'm not sure if I'd go this far. It is a strategy game. It just so happens that the strategic elements in it are badly designed.

...But at least it's not PoR. There's a reason Three Houses angers me so much, and it's that I actually want to enjoy it. PoR might as well be a VN, because the whole gameplay is a negative.

1 hour ago, twilitfalchion said:

Ignatz who?

That's "best war phase design" Ignatz to you.

2 hours ago, BrightBow said:

It's funny that the full Berwick translation was released this year. Playing it currently no doubt feels very different then it would have during the PS2 era when it was released.
What with how the game is about serving under an insecure, narcissistic moron surrounded by brownnosing opportunists.

To be honest, I'd argue Volcens > Trump. Sad comparison, I know, but...

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

The fanbase hyped it up way more than it deserves, and I'm hating on it more than it probably deserves. I wish I'd gotten to it at release...

EDIT: I'm also salty because I bought a Switch specifically to play it. There aren't any other games on it that interest me.

You know what I get this. (though I chose to maximise my blindness, but fanbases can be troublesome like that)

What genres in particular are you looking to pick up? I'll see what I can suggest I know works well on it.

2 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

I know that at least Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition was released that year. Three Houses can't compete with a lot of things, but least of all Age of Empires II.

As someone who has played AoE II for ages, I both get this and as a result want rereleases to be considered their own beasts for award categories.

Strategy titles could be worth ignoring for this because of the amount, but you get what I mean.

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Chapter 5 of Thracia done. 

Please give me my axe bros back, game.

Please?

Yeah, I'm not getting them back until several chapters later. Oof.

Alternatively, for Sooks:

Please give Ross strength levels, game.

Please?

Gotta say though, Thracia map design? Top tier.

The layouts are just great. They're creative and put the player in a position of stress to keep moving.

On the other hand, I'm so stressed most of the time that I make stupid mistakes easily.

So, yeah. Kind of a double edged sword there.

I tried AoC (the demo).

I think it's alright, the combat's Warriors which for me mostly feels meat grinder styled until you find the big boys that expect far batter timing. 😛

Hopefully this will get some discount, I'd probably pass it onto my brother as he's the one with BotW.

Then I got to the map and this nothing like I expected. It probably won't be amazing, which is proven right when it's providing materials with little to no interaction. Ah well, I kinda expected it.

At least the demo's more than one map like I thought it was. Though Koroks on all the maps terrifies me.

Just now, Dayni said:

WAIT LINK CAN BLOCK GUARDIAN LASERS WITH HIS SHIELD WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK

He can do in that regular botw.

Well, parry. That’s how I take them out in the early game.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

He can do in that regular botw.

Well, parry. That’s how I take them out in the early game.

This is news to me. (And yes, parry, not block, but the fact he and the shield didn't disintegrate is the reason for my response)

I haven't played all that far into BotW, but I definitely didn't know that was a thing until now.

He can technically block them. This will melt any shield besides the Hylian one, though.

It also only deflects them. It might still detonate so close to you that you take fire damage.

Edited by BrightBow

1 hour ago, Benice said:

The fanbase hyped it up way more than it deserves

The lesson here is: NEVER buy into hype.
What others like isn't necessarily something you enjoy. I learned that lesson the hard way several times.
And this also plays into my decision not to pursue Berwick Saga any further.
Not to mention after everything people posted about it here, I'm not exactly thrilled to play it.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

and I'm hating on it more than it probably deserves.

Me with Fates.txt
Ah, who am I kidding. That game deserves all of my hate for what it almost did to my interest in FE.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Seconding what Shrimpy said (again), sell it, if that's the case.

Edited by DragonFlames

To be fair, my amazement with Berwick Saga has really a lot to do with how primitive Fire Emblem is.

...not to mention the few halfway decent concepts Fire Emblem has brought in since then have a habit of originating in Berwick in the first place.

Edited by BrightBow

8 minutes ago, Dayni said:

This is news to me. (And yes, parry, not block, but the fact he and the shield didn't disintegrate is the reason for my response)

I haven't played all that far into BotW, but I definitely didn't know that was a thing until now.

It’s pretty hard to do in all honesty but once you get it down you should be fine. You have to hold up your shield and press A in time with the laser thingy, I like to press A right when the beep goes off.

28 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Gotta say though, Thracia map design? Top tier.

The layouts are just great. They're creative and put the player in a position of stress to keep moving.

On the other hand, I'm so stressed most of the time that I make stupid mistakes easily.

So, yeah. Kind of a double edged sword there.

Agreed, map design is one of Thracia's strongest suits. Er, sometimes, that is. There's a few shitters. Like 12x. And 14x. And every lategame map after 21.

12 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

What others like isn't necessarily something you enjoy. I learned that lesson the hard way several times.

Yes, exactly. Best way to find out if you'll like a game is to check gameplays out and judge for yourself.

11 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

And this also plays into my decision not to pursue Berwick Saga any further.

How dare you. The advice only applies when I'm not the one building up the hype. I am right and you are wrong, now go play Berwick Saga.

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

If it's any help: Ross is the only option for Pirate that you get.

Dozla tho. Dozla's beard makes him top tier.

12 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

If it's any help: Ross is the only option for Pirate that you get.

I’m learning berserker actually, as much as I love me some heroes.

But there’s oNe ocean seal in this game?? That makes me hesitant even though I’m 90% sure I’m not using Colm.

24 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Truth. I've made that mistake myself and have gotten pretty frustrated with myself when I did.

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Agreed, map design is one of Thracia's strongest suits. Er, sometimes, that is. There's a few shitters. Like 12x. And 14x. And every lategame map after 21.

And it's funny, honestly. For every aspect of Thracia I like, the aspects I don't start to bug me. I'm not even that far into the game, but I already feel really stressed when playing it. Capture and map design are great, but as stupid as it sounds, the stress of not wanting to make a mistake causes me to screw up. If I didn't have the rewind function, I would have given up already. And even that didn't save Brighton and Dalsin completely.

22 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yes, exactly. Best way to find out if you'll like a game is to check gameplays out and judge for yourself.

Indeed!

Dozla tho. Dozla's beard makes him top tier.

tEcHniCalLy (read this in the dumbest voice you can imagine), Dozla is already promoted, so Ross is still the only Pirate.
But you're right. Dozla's beard is glorious.

How dare you. The advice only applies when I'm not the one building up the hype. I am right and you are wrong, now go play Berwick Saga.

I'll be busy continuing FE12 once current situations clear up.

12 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I’m learning berserker actually, as much as I love me some heroes.

Pirate promotes to either Berserker or Warrior, so you don't need to worry!
Besides, Fighter doesn't even promote to Berserker.
Fighter has Hero or Warrior as promotion paths, iirc.

12 minutes ago, Sooks said:

But there’s oNe ocean seal in this game?? That makes me hesitant even though I’m 90% sure I’m not using Colm.

You don't even need to promote Colm, because you get a prepromoted Rogue later on.

8 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Truth. I've made that mistake myself and have gotten pretty frustrated with myself when I did.

Same here.

Edited by DragonFlames