Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

21 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

If you're referring to the absence of forelegs, thats actually what a wyvern is supposed to be!

Apparently, the etymology of "wyvern" goes back to "vipera" meaning "venomous snake" in Latin. Snakes don't have any legs, wyverns might have two legs, but thats less than a more common form of dragon, and it's more serpentine as a result.

Blame NoA for not being mythology nerds for their lousy choice of "Wyvern" to describe all units who ride something with scales. Glen should be a Dragon Lord (or Dracolord to use RD's superior name), and Valter the sole canon manned "wyvern" unit in FE. -Although I think the feral Wyvern enemies in New Mystery are true wyverns too.

I’m also referring to the huge fangs, very skinny tail, and eyes that look like they can’t open. https://i.imgur.com/rxXmNE6.gifv

35 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Good, maximise your chance of using the Triangle attack.

Imagine using Vanessa.

• Replies 180.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Imagine using Vanessa.

Well, you'd be surprised to learn she's considered a good unit in the meta.

Besides, she only needs to join the formation. 😛

15 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Not fond of peg knights, eh?

Vanessa doesn’t seem like the most interesting or likable character, at the very least not when compared to Tana.

25 minutes ago, Sooks said:

So why is it that some units randomly like absorb a circle of blue light and then do more damage? Because that just killed Eirika 😕

Oh, that' a Skill-IIRC there are three and they're all proc, but I don-'t knwo the activation rate.

Snipers get Sure shot, which guaruntees a hit. (In other words, completely pointless)

Generals have Great shield, which stops all damage from one attack

Wyvern lords, (or whatever that new wyvern class is) have pierce, which negates defense on a critical.

Edited by Benice

Oh yeah, Pierce is glitched. It can game freeze, but I think it's only when they're attacking at range. Could be wrong.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Project Ember: Gives out a lot more promotion items.

Also Project Ember:

image_2020-11-12_132613.png?width=769&he

They really made her a pre-promote huh?

In other news

unknown.png?width=769&height=432

*Thanos Impossible gif*

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I thought the same, but Gwin's first Affinity Mission -the one where you have to find the missing cat- I noticed on my second run, to my surprise, that they said that was a real flesh and blood cat. The ones for your barracks and all ordinary BLADEs are pure robots, but it seems a few natural critters were permitted for the sake of research.

I think this may have been the case, especially since they use food to lure the cat. And unlike the Mims, i doubt the robotic pets actually need food.

17 minutes ago, Armagon said:

*Thanos Impossible gif*

Wendy, eh? I'm using Sophia in my run. She's way better than in the original (obviously), but Raigh was buffed to such an obscene degree that I might as well not have even bothered. But at least I got to see their wonderful support, Sophaigh best ship

Anyway, back to Wendy. I've actually made her work in the base game. She was... Hilariously enough, better than your PE Wendy, to the point that she murdered both Murdock and Zephiel. Could've one-rounded Zephiel if she tried, too. Fun times. In Project Ember, she's much better, but sadly overshadowed by the fact that Debias exists and I find him really funny.

20 minutes ago, Armagon said:

image_2020-11-12_132613.png?width=769&he

They really made her a pre-promote huh?

And they should've taken her hard mode bonuses while they were at it, too. Seriously, I've never understood that. Why does Melady get hard mode bonuses when the only times she's an enemy is in a cutscene, and yet Raigh, Hugh and Douglas get nothing? It's so arbitrary! At least Raigh and Hugh both get bonuses in PE, and Douglas at least joins in a different chapter, so he has an excuse.

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Should've expected something like that after Debias joined

*Reaches Ch.14 in Project Ember*. Alright, better put away the horses for now because this chapter is gonna bite them in the ass. 

>Roy is promoted

>Roy is on a horse

>Ch.14 is a desert Fog of War

Ah shit. And this one's got a time limit too.

24 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I'm using Sophia in my run. She's way better than in the original (obviously), but Raigh was buffed to such an obscene degree that I might as well not have even bothered. But at least I got to see their wonderful support, Sophaigh best ship

I always use Sophia in my FE6 runs anyway so i'm curious to see how she turns out in this. And yeah, i can tell Raigh got buffed, they gave him a prf Nosferatu that is also a reverse weapon.

I gotta say tho, there's been like no Guiding Rings. Saul came with one, which i used on Elen and then i got the Guiding Ring in one of the Ch.8 chests that i used on Lilina and.....that's it. I've gotten several Hero's Crests, which has allowed me to promote Dieck, Rutger, Fir, Geese and Astolfo and a few Knight's Crests which has gotten me Roy, Noah and Wendy and i just got a fourth one, might use it on Debias but for Guiding Rings? Not really there. Same goes for Orion's Bolts but Dorothy and Klein, the latter of which came pre-promoted, is enough. Not to mention Wendy also has bow access.

....speaking of promotions, how's Roy's scripted promotion gonna be treated? Does he still promote into Master Lord? Would it take away his mount, not that it matters because he keeps eight move. 

2 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

I mean, that might be true, but it's not the most fun option. I'm kinda playing to have fun, y'know.

I don't think facing 10 Black Riders is ''fun''

I love the map and all, but the last 3 turns when they spam Black riders is way too much

Edited by Shrimperor

31 minutes ago, Armagon said:

>Roy is promoted

>Roy is on a horse

>Ch.14 is a desert Fog of War

Ah shit. And this one's got a time limit too.

Funnily enough, PE Roy on a horse still has better movement than OG Roy. OG Roy moves at 2 tiles per turn in the desert, whereas PE promoted Roy moves at 3 tiles per turn.

31 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I gotta say tho, there's been like no Guiding Rings. Saul came with one, which i used on Elen and then i got the Guiding Ring in one of the Ch.8 chests that i used on Lilina and.....that's it. I've gotten several Hero's Crests, which has allowed me to promote Dieck, Rutger, Fir, Geese and Astolfo and a few Knight's Crests which has gotten me Roy, Noah and Wendy and i just got a fourth one, might use it on Debias but for Guiding Rings? Not really there. Same goes for Orion's Bolts but Dorothy and Klein, the latter of which came pre-promoted, is enough. Not to mention Wendy also has bow access.

You must've missed the stealable ones. The creator sprinkled stealable promotion items throughout the game. Next time, check the excel file that came with the patch, the one that details the locations of promotion items and statboosters.

32 minutes ago, Armagon said:

....speaking of promotions, how's Roy's scripted promotion gonna be treated? Does he still promote into Master Lord? Would it take away his mount, not that it matters because he keeps eight move. 

I think he just won't promote there, he'll get his sword and that's it.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Funnily enough, PE Roy on a horse still has better movement than OG Roy. OG Roy moves at 2 tiles per turn in the desert, whereas PE promoted Roy moves at 3 tiles per turn.

Not just that but this hack made Ch.14 not suck. Like, it actually went by pretty smoothly. I think it may have to do with the fact that

• the buried items have a 100% discover rate
  • The bandit twins show up later
  • You have way more promoted units this time
5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You must've missed the stealable ones. The creator sprinkled stealable promotion items throughout the game. Next time, check the excel file that came with the patch, the one that details the locations of promotion items and statboosters.

Maybe. Ever since i noticed i missed a Hero's Crest in Ch.8x, i've been scrolling through enemy inventories before the start of each chapter to see if there's anything worth stealing.

In general, Project Ember actually incentives you to use thieves which is weird for a Fire Emblem game because thief units are usually the first ones to be dropped. It really helps that they can promote into Rogues too.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Not just that but this hack made Ch.14 not suck. Like, it actually went by pretty smoothly. I think it may have to do with the fact that

• the buried items have a 100% discover rate
  • The bandit twins show up later
  • You have way more promoted units this time

Yeah. I'm actually someone who doesn't mind 14 all that much, but it's definitely better here. Seriously, the ability to promote everyone before chapter 16 is such a game changer.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ever since i noticed i missed a Hero's Crest in Ch.8x, i've been scrolling through enemy inventories before the start of each chapter to see if there's anything worth stealing.

Sometimes they appear on reinforcements, though. That's... kind of a dick move.

Still, that's weird, because there's a guiding ring on a shaman in 10B/11A. And that one's there from the start, so...

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It really helps that they can promote into Rogues too.

My Chad's legit on par with Fir, leaving aside the lack of crit bonus from his class. And he's strength screwed!

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Still, that's weird, because there's a guiding ring on a shaman in 10B/11A. And that one's there from the start, so...

Oh that one. Yeah, i did steal from that, i just forgot.

2 hours ago, Benice said:

Oh, that' a Skill-IIRC there are three and they're all proc, but I don-'t knwo the activation rate.

Snipers get Sure shot, which guaruntees a hit. (In other words, completely pointless)

Generals have Great shield, which stops all damage from one attack

Wyvern lords, (or whatever that new wyvern class is) have pierce, which negates defense on a critical.

Oh so that’s why Innes randomly does it and it doesn’t change anything. I wish the game would tell you that and what the skills do so I could have planned for it before sending Eirika into a battle that would leave her on one hp. Pierce activates on crits though? I would have liked to have seen the crit animation, dang.

Also I might make Ewan a summoner because I’m pretty sure I’m not gonna use Knoll. Levels are gonna be tight because I’m trying to get everyone to 20 to promote and it’s chapter 16 and I still have to promote (or want to since I’m using them): Ewan, Amelia, Lute, Derik (yes I’m using him (I’m guessing he’s really good because of his bases)), L’Arachel, and Cormag.

Edited by Sooks

18 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Pierce also has the potential to soft-lock the game, which is pretty nice.

The most powerful skill of all. Why kill the player’s unit when you can just stop them from playing?

Project Ember is neat. But

Ch.14x is still donkey horse shit.

Anyways @Sooks while it ain't a Skill in the traditional sense, Summoners are capable of creating Phantoms that you yourself are able to control. Most of the time, they'll just be used for fodder but every once in a while, you'll get a Phantom with an actual good weapon. I'm bringing this up because Benice didn't.

Just now, Armagon said:

Project Ember is neat. But

It fits right in with the other Gaidens! At the very least, those update sprites are nice.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Anyways @Sooks while it ain't a Skill in the traditional sense, Summoners are capable of creating Phantoms that you yourself are able to control. Most of the time, they'll just be used for fodder but every once in a while, you'll get a Phantom with an actual good weapon. I'm bringing this up because Benice didn't.

I read that actually! But people said Ewan’s summons sucked and that Knoll’s were way better. Since Knoll is out the window now, do you think that summoner utility outweighs the better stats (I’m assuming) of Druid and anima magic? I also heard that phantoms were useless so...

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It's actually... Slightly better. I noticed the pathways retract later than they do in FE6, so you are given a bit more room, rather than being forced to choose between LTCing it or spending 100 turns on it.

Still, a part of me was hoping that at least a thin strip of ground would remain there forever. Alas, 'twas not to be. Had to mantain some of the suckiness so we can tell it's still FE6.

8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

At the very least, those update sprites are nice.

Lilina gets a version of Lyon's animations! Because that seems to be Hacking 101 these days: put Lyon's animations in there somehow. Every single modern hack out there has Lyon's animations somewhere. Hey, I can't say I blame 'em. Lyon's animations are amazing.