• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

FE4 is like the biggest example of why evil cult should he done away with.

TRS does the evil cult thing really well; the Gerxelians are pretty interesting, and the lore behind them is pretty cool. Too bad a lot of that lore comes in Kaga-style exposition dumps at the end.

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I love that little sassy pose Lysithea does when you promote her to Gremory after defeating an enemy. Not really part of the attack animation itself, but I still like it.

That reminds me, I've decided who to S-support in TH!

Guess who?

If you guess right, you will win a prize!

Edited by Benice

My headset is really ded it seems FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

Guess who?

Lynhardt?

Edited by Shrimperor

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

headset is really ded it seems FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

F

I guess it's a Deadset, then.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Lynhardt?

Nah, didn't recruit him.

19 minutes ago, Benice said:

For SRW?

Eh, not enough interest around. Or high-priority.

Which reminds me... ah, there was no SRW release this year. SRW had never missed a year since 1992 (for a series debuting in 1991). I suppose it's to be expected since 2020 is the year of lol, but still...

On the flip side, both Cross-Omega and DD continued to have the ever updates as befitting their gacha nature.

And they've started to roll out the Winter 2020 stuff...

On 11/11/2020 at 3:13 PM, Interdimensional Observer said:

Didn't feel like FoMT today, so I began a second run of Trials of Mana, using the three characters I didn't use on the first playthrough: Riesz, Hawkeye, and Angela. It's non-NG+, on Hard, though I think I'll turn it down to Normal until I can upgrade classes, it's a little restricted prior to that. 

Yo. Whatcha planning this time? Class-wise.

23 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

...Don't tell me thats one of her class costumes.😑

Bad news: That is. Specifically, Fenrir Knight, iirc.

7 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Though what would a dark spell cover besides the Light Benevodon (who admittedly was tough)?

The only other dark weak bosses I can think of are Dangaard, which is weak to earth as well, and Fullmetal Hugger. Dark Lich also shuffles his weaknesses occasionally.

Edited by Shadow Mir

5 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Now i want to replay RD....

Isn't there a way to erase the Part 4 rout maps from existence so i can replay the games xD

Edit the requirements to beat the chapter! Xd

Dunno if that's possible, but i'd wager so, somehow. Also, i don't think they're THAT bad...

I just remembered that Alpha and Alpha Gaiden have that same problem as the Tellius games of enemy phases going slow due to slow-ish animations on the map. Or maybe it's just watching so many videos of people on emulators where the phases go slow. Admittedly, I don't remember how it was playing straight from my PS3...

Then again, they are older than the Tellius games.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Just now, lightcosmo said:

Edit the requirements to beat the chapter! Xd

Dunno if that's possible, but i'd wager so, somehow. Also, i don't think they're THAT bad...

Except for 4-4. That map can choke on a bag of dicks.

3 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Except for 4-4. That map can choke on a bag of dicks.

The one where your in the desert? Don't mind it either, as i personally like the map theme that plays there, it doesn't bother me at all.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

No offense to anyone involved, but... Where exactly do you get this advice from? It sounds like the kind of stuff that passed as the absolute truth in Gamefaqs back in 2008.

Lols

And the first couple search results for “best class for Ewan” or something like that... xD

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Anyway, summons are awesome because they can be used as distractions, since there are very little things an enemy will take over a 1 HP, 0 def little phantom. Dark magic works fine for combat, and summoners' stats are virtually the same as druids'. Besides, if you wanted Ewan to use anima, you might as well have made him mage to preserve the rank.

Druid does have better animations, though. That is true.

I see!

2 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

Mia's skill proc animation would like to know your location.

Did we really need a dramatic pause after every attack? That’s kind of the exact opposite of the point of astra...

2 hours ago, Benice said:

GBA everything

Fixed it.

Yes I’m one of those.

Actually now that I think about it the great knight animations weren’t looking the greatest in the actually good dessert map, since I got Dussell. Hmm...

Fates overall looked pretty good, but a little unmemorable.

FATES BIRTRIGHT.PNG

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Why am I even here...

The cheer and merriment of game discussion. And to convince people to join the SRW cult. Which I have to put on hold until I’ve played more fe because that’s my main priority, but then I might check it out. I decided I probably shouldn’t judge it based on not looking like my thing.

2 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

6AL4tXd.gif

That’s (one of the) best girl for you!

2 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

I love that little sassy pose Lysithea does when you promote her to Gremory after defeating an enemy. Not really part of the attack animation itself, but I still like it.

Every Gremory does that.

Guess who?

Dorothea or Leonie.

Okay, admittedly, I went to check, and they aren't as slow as the Tellius games. At least, the videos of Alpha I saw do go fast enough.

Alpha Gaiden, however, does go noticeable slower, but still faster than Tellius. Though maybe it's the weight of the translation patch.

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Okay, admittedly, I went to check, and they aren't as slow as the Tellius games. At least, the videos of Alpha I saw do go fast enough.

Alpha Gaiden, however, does go noticeable slower, but still faster than Tellius. Though maybe it's the weight of the translation patch.

What is the difference between Alpha Gaiden and regular Gaiden? What even is Alpha Gaiden?

I watched a playthough of Castlevania: Symphony of the Night recently, which put me in the mood to try out Super Metroid (by using a free trail for the Switch's online). I've already played Metroid Fusion and Samus Returns, but I get the impression that Super is less linear than either of them. I'm currently bumbling through Maridia after getting the Gravity Suit, but hopefully I can beat it before my trial expires. Why are the Pink Space Pirates invincible?

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

What is the difference between Alpha Gaiden and regular Gaiden? What even is Alpha Gaiden?

Gaiden is, well, Gaiden. Like what FE Gaiden is. Gaiden means Side-story. Though technically, it's not a side-story. It's a direct sequel to Alpha. Though it's still called Gaiden, followed by Alpha 2, then Alpha 3.

Though a large portion of the game is kinda disconnected to the main story of the other three games.

Edited by Acacia Sgt