Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

2 minutes ago, Spara said:

What did FE9 do to you? I don't remember the game having that many edgelords...

He played it at 15 fps and thought it was too slow. 😛

Edited by twilitfalchion

• Replies 176.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Oh please, is this not a FE site? Micah's existence is tame compared to... yes.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

True, if from what I've seen is of the OG stuff is representative of the true SRW, you don't need supports when so much mandatory banter exists. It's a wholly different approach to things.

For the most part, yes. Though OG games don't have optional recruits, so things do go slightly different when small parts of the script are still optional to see.

42 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

First time using Riesz, Hawkeye, and Angela, I've decided on Starlancer, Ninja Master, and Archmage.

And me being myself, I couldn't help but think of future playthroughs that I wouldn't start for months at the earliest.

• I haven't done Duran & Angela as the main duo yet, so I'd pick them, and... Charlotte for a Secret of Mana imitation team? If I did that, then Liege, Magus, and High Cleric. I can tell High Cleric is bad (it wishes it had a revive spell, or auto-revive, something to be more uniquely supportive), but I've already used Necromancer. The premise would be overkill healing so Angela could freely use Wound Magic and Wound Magic All. With the exception of Dark, Charlotte could apply Sabers to Duran, who would be the only one in need of them on this team, making Saber+ unnecessary.
  • For a fourth, "Men of Mana" playthrough, I'd definitely use Edelfrei again to Saber+ everyone, since everyone would be going melee (though slots on the item ring aren't overly precious, I could go the less optimal Duelist instead and consume some Faerie Walnuts). Kevin goes Warrior Monk for Healing Light+. Hawkeye picks Nomad for Nature Aura and Moon Energy.
  • For a fifth, "Women of Mana" playthrough, Fenrir Knight for a debuff Riesz (I'll just have to swap her costume). Charlotte wouldn't need Dark Curse with Riesz going dark, so I'll try Warlock instead (though that Necromancer class passive means Warlock probably can't outdamage it). Angela could do whatever she wanted, maybe Rune Seer.

For what it's worth, Undead Away does wreck Malocchio and Dark Lich.

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Except, Micah's Wooly form is pure Wooly, not demihuman, and he has no demihuman features. So...

...why are you making me think Micah's human parent engaged in consensual bestiality at this hour of the night? 🤢

I need an excuse to negate this vivid imagery in my head. So sure, Micah might have had a 100% Wooly no demihuman parent, but I have to imagine they had a spell/potion used on them that made them humanoid for the duration of the conception if the Wooly was the male, or conception + pregnancy if the Wooly was the female. There, that saves me.

...sure, let's go with that. Because frankly, I don't want to think too much about it as it'll give me a headache.

Edited by Shadow Mir

7 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

They're more like battlefield chats than actual conversations.

Yes they do take place on the battlefield.

SoV's Supports also take place on the battlefield and they are pretty neat.

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Oh please, is this not a FE site? Micah's existence is tame compared to... yes.

"..."? The Juli- twins? The Ni- siblings? The time Naga conceived via parthenogenesis? 

Yes, Tiki has no father, because if she did, why haven't we ever heard of them? Parthenogenesis is the only answer.

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

"..."? The Juli- twins? The Ni- siblings? The time Naga conceived via parthenogenesis? 

Yes, Tiki has no father, because if she did, why haven't we ever heard of them? Parthenogenesis is the only answer.

Yep.

On that subject, I've had similar thoughts. Or it's just the ever present case that if they're not important, they might as well not exist. That said, considering Naga... parthenogenesis could really be the answer.

3 minutes ago, Spara said:

What did FE9 do to you? I don't remember the game having that many edgelords...

The most boring game I've ever played. The map design was atrocious, the story was eh, it looked really bad, the music is fairly weak, Titania exists, and the animations are insanely slow. And Mia. I made it to chapter 15, and it never once did anything redeeming. I love playing bad games, but PoR hit that zone between "so bad it's funny," and"flawed with redeeming qualities" and "actually pretty okay." I fell asleep during chapter 8...

So yeah. It was really, really boring. I was forcing myself to play it.

I still need to actually finish it, too...

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

Tiki has no father, because if she did, why haven't we ever heard of them?

It's Grima! Grima is Tiki's dad!

23 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

For shame. Salty elitism is forbidden in this domain.

T0Oo bad! I will be Lysithea-tier angreeeeeeeee!!!

24 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Meaning...?

I feel like it, in some ways, wanted more to be "PoR 2" than it's own game. Not often does it have this problem, but it sometimes lacks its own identity. Such as Ike taking a forefront in the plot when this side of Tellius didn't need to be his story as much as it was. I know that he needs to be there to some extent, but he ended up feeling more like the protagonist than Micaiah or Elincia, the former also getting sidelined by Yune. I would really have liked to see Sanaki get fleshed out more and Elincia to get an even bigger role, 'cause she was fantastic in Part 2, while Ike becomes an important side character. Sort of like what Skrimir or Soren do. (Plus, I think that he should join as a level 20 Gotoh in the tower so that you can't get softlocked by Ashera or the BK fight in Rebirth 2 and 5.)

And also supports not existing because of PoR, but that one is somewhat understandable, even if it ain't a good change.

Tl;dr It felt like at times it wanted to be its own game, (Parts 1 and 2) and at others simply to be PoR 2, (Part 3, the Tower) and couldn't really decide which. I personally would rather see it be its own story that is more self-contained, but that could be just me.

14 minutes ago, Benice said:

The most boring game I've ever played. The map design was atrocious, the story was eh, it looked really bad, the music is fairly weak, Titania exists, and the animations are insanely slow. And Mia. I

I know you are not dissing the Tellius Best Girl.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

I know you are not dissing the Tellius Best Girl.

Sorry!

But also kinda not, 'cause she's my least favorite in the franchise...

Heh heh...

I'll go.

Edited by Benice

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

Wat?

Mía is also Spanish for "Mine". The female 1st person possessive. The female is for the thing, not the owner. Otherwise it's Mío.

Tuya is "Yours". Same as above.

Mia Tuya Suya Nuestra

Edited by Acacia Sgt

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Mia = Spanish word for "mine" (feminine).

Tuya = Spanish word for "yours" (feminine).

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Mía is also Spanish for "Mine". The female 1st person possessive. The female is for the thing, not the owner. Otherwise it's Mío.

Tuya is "Yours". Same as above.

Mia Tuya Suya Nuestra

Ah, I see!

I'm Catalan by heritage, I should know at least a little more spanish than I do...

Just now, Benice said:

Ah, I see!

I'm Catalan by heritage, I should know at least a little more spanish than I do...

Wait, really?

I have Basque ancestry myself. Go Euskadi!

7 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Wait, really?

I have Basque ancestry myself. Go Euskadi!

Yeah, about 1/3 to 1/2-ish? My avi is Catalan, and I think my abuelita is 1/3 Catalan? I dunno. My dad says that I act a lot like a typical Catalan would, at least.

4 minutes ago, Benice said:

Yeah, about 1/3 to 1/2-ish? My avi is Catalan, and I think my abuelita is 1/3 Catalan? I dunno. My dad says that I act a lot like a typical Catalan would, at least.

Interesting.

I have great-grandparents who still lived in Spain itself. My Iberian ties are much farther away as a result.

Wait, how can you be a third of anything?

Edited by Acacia Sgt

59 minutes ago, Benice said:

I mean, my great great grandparents on my dad's side were Italian yet no one in my family speaks it anymore.

46 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Wait, how can you be a third of anything?

Giorno Giovanna moment.

Hello, everyone!
Hope you're having a nice day!

As for Path of Radiance, that was the game that got me into Fire Emblem, and I probably wouldn't be here if I didn't like it to at least some degree. And I do like Path of Radiance quite a bit.
But I won't fault Benice for not liking it, because I too have that one Fire Emblem game that just absolutely drives me up the wall whenever I think about it, so it's not like I don't get where he's coming from.

As for S-supporting Lysithea, that's never a bad idea. Her S-support CG is easily the best one the game has, and the support itself is incredibly heartwarming and sweet.
But S-supporting Annette is also not a bad idea, and neither would be Flayn (who is my personal favorite).

As for what I was doing lately, well... university work and the worry about grandpa has kept me busy (will visit him in the hospital today), but I did manage to squeeze in some hours of game time, which I spent on continuing my efforts to prepare for the 24 hours of Le Mans in that one racing game I'm playing, called "Test Drive: Le Mans" (a.k.a. in my humble opinion the best racing game ever - also, twenty years ago today, it released, so happy birthday, I guess?). Had a pretty amazing race on the Circuit de Catalunya in the rain. It was 15 laps, and until the 13th lap, I was constantly trailing behind the leading Nissan R390 (this thing), because for whatever reason, it was so gosh darned fast, I had trouble keeping pace in my Audi R8C (this thing). But in lap 13, the Nissan (*insert Nii-san meme here*) suddenly went off track, which allow me to take the win. Was pretty fun! Next up in the championship is Donnington, and after that, I only have Le Mans itself and the Time Trials to worry about.