Remixed Legendary Heroes: New Skills Speculation!

Diovani Bressan

Honestly if they had wanted to lean more into the supportive side of things, they could have given Mila the Solid Earth A passive. Give her some effects that scale off Def at the start of combat.
Though I suppose that would cut into her magical bulk...

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fortress Def/Res would've also been a good option for her if all we care about is increasing her defense though. Costs less attack than solid earth would cost in res, and Mila isn't a major attack monster herself.

Dragon Wall is a bit disappointing imo, since Mila is so slow she won't be doubling shit naturally. I would've much rather preferred something like Dragon's Ire, although I can totally see why they might not want to just give that away to people who have a copy of Mila.

An interesting change for Mila would be:

• Giving her, as extra skill, Fortress Def/Res 3.
  • Update Mila's Turnwheel to inflict Isolation on foes in cardinal directions with Def or Res < unit's Def or Res through their next actions.

So she would use both stats to inflict penalties on foes, so all those Eldigans that I hate so much would not be able to avoid her. lol

16 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

Dragon Wall is a bit disappointing imo, since Mila is so slow she won't be doubling shit naturally.

If they're trying to make her have a stronger combat role, the fact that she didn't get a guaranteed follow-up as a passive skill suggests that she'll get one (or a comparable effect) on her refine.

• 1 month later...

New remixes were announced the the Feh Channel:

Lif: Deadly Balance+

• If HP is 25% (previously 50%) or higher at start of combat or unit has a Penalty:
    • -5 Atk/Spd/Def to opponent in combat (previously only Atk/Def)
    • Guard effect (new)
    • +1 Special charge rate on opponent's attacks
    • Nullifies percentage damage reduction from non-Special skills when Special activates (new)
  • If Special activated before or during combat:
    • -2 Special cooldown after combat (new)

New skill is Even Tempest 3

Deadly Balance gets all of the effects of Special Spiral 4 except for the additional damage as well Guard. That's really good.

It also gains a Spd debuff, which isn't really necessary, but helps out against opponents with middling Spd, which are increasingly more common.

They also replaced his default Time's Pulse with Even Tempest, which feels a bit strange given that Tempest skills are rather niche. However, the fact that they're doing so means they're likely going to be giving him the Slaying effect (or Time's Pulse 4) on his weapon's refine, which would make Time's Pulse unnecessary. That said, it looks like they still don't want to hand out an easy source for Atk/Spd Oath 4 yet.

Edelgard: Raging Storm II

• If there are no adjacent allies after combat (checked after post-combat movement effects are resolved):
    • Galeforce effect
  • With Solo condition or if HP is 25% or higher at start of combat:
    • -5 Atk/Def to opponent in combat (new)
    • Guaranteed follow-up (previously with Solo condition or if opponent is dragonstone or beast)
    • If opponent is dragonstone or beast:
      • The offensive half of Null Follow-Up (new)

New skill is Atk/Res Ideal 4

Raging Storm gets a much more lenient condition for the guaranteed follow-up so that it is pretty much always active. So that Edelgard still gets a bonus against non-humans, she now gains the offensive half of Null Follow-Up if the opponent is not human.

It also comes with an obligatory stat buff that should surprise no one.

No real hints on what her refine would bring, though I'd expect some amalgamation of effects from her other versions, since that seems to be the pattern with how the Three Houses main characters are being handled.

Atk/Res Ideal 4 is a decent replacement for her original Atk/Res Solo 3, but isn't anything particularly special other than now being slightly easier to get than the alternatives for that stat combination (Remote Mirror, Atk/Res Finish, Atk/Res Scowl, etc.). It's currently only available from Ashera, but Atk/Res Ideal 3 is available from 1 unit in the 4-star standard pool (Elice) and 3 Grail units (Genealogy Hilda, Riev, and Young Lucius).

Edited by Ice Dragon

7 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

New skill is Odd Tempest 3

While we are on the subject of correcting @Ice Dragon, that should be Even Tempest.

I think @Ice Dragon might need some sleep or a cup of coffee. Heh.

We know from Thrasir's refine that Lif won't be losing the effect of hacking off 20 HP off the nearest ally, but the interesting thing about this is that while there's been more units who appreciate having debuffs inflicted on them, there's actually fewer units released these days who want to be losing HP, since the condition of being over 25% HP is becoming more and more the default trigger condition and almost no units have been released with skills that require being under a certain HP%. Bernadetta is pretty much the only one, but she only needs to be under 99% HP and she already self-inflicts the needed 1 HP.

I know the refine of one unit won't upset an entire meta, but I truly wonder if they intend for Lif's HP hacking-off effect to have any place in the current game...

2 hours ago, Xenomata said:

I know the refine of one unit won't upset an entire meta, but I truly wonder if they intend for Lif's HP hacking-off effect to have any place in the current game...

I do not actually play anymore, but I still cannot wait for Wings of Mercy 4! That baby will be so exciting.

We will see what Desperation 4 and Brash Assault 4 brings. I assume Desperation 4 will have offensive Null-Follow Up built in, while Brash Assault 4 may include Desperation.

6 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Atk/Res Ideal 4.

I'm too used to typing Atk/Spd. I managed to catch myself in the analysis, but it looks like I missed it there.

5 hours ago, XRay said:

While we are on the subject of correcting @Ice Dragon, that should be Even Tempest.

This one you can blame on my skimming the Japanese.

Líf will become way better, but I don't see him becoming more common.

For him to become relevant, only if they added the ability of granting En Guard to his refinement, to protect his allies from the out-of-combat damage himself inflict on others. But I don't think that will happen.

• 2 months later...

New remixes are announced:

Chrom: To Change Fate! II

• Reposition effect
  • Galeforce effect
  • After use, once per turn:
    • Grants +6 Atk/Def and Bonus Doubler to self and pair-up unit, both as Bonuses
    • Inflicts Isolation on self and pair-up unit

New skill is Blue Feud 3

To Change Fate! gains a Def boost in addition to the existing Atk boost and now also grants Bonus Doubler.

Blue Feud replaces Rouse Def/Res. Replacing Rouse Def/Res makes sense since he now gets a Def boost from To Change Fate!, but I'm not sure what they're going for with Blue Feud. There aren't exactly any particularly notable blue support units, and the only notable blue tank is Brave Dimitri. I also can't really see Blue Feud having any synergy with any refine effect. It's also already the Feud skill with the second highest distribution, with Red and Green Feud only having 1 source, Blue Feud having 4 after Chrom's remix, and C Feud having 5.

Bramimond: Impenetrable Dark+

• Feud effect
  • -5 to all stats on opponent in combat
  • Nullifies half of opponent's non-Special percentage damage reduction in combat

New skill is Atk/Res Tempo 3

Impenetrable Dark now inflicts a stat penalty like all other Feud skills, except it's -5 instead of the usual -4. It also now nullifies half of the opponent's percentage damage reduction on all attacks.

Atk/Res Tempo replaces Lull Atk/Res, which means that Void Tome's refine effect will probably nullify the opponent's stat Bonuses to compensate. Bramimond notably doesn't currently have any means of activating their default Luna in one round of combat, so getting Tempo means they'll probably get some form of Special acceleration on their weapon's refine.

That said, like Chrom's Blue Feud, Atk/Res Tempo already has decent distribution within the Legendary/Mythic pool, being on both Arval and Dierdre.

3 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm not sure what they're going for with Blue Feud.

Blue Feud is to make Chrom stronger against blue foes so he don't get stabbed with a lightning by Male Robin who is a blue tome unit, like how it happens in Awakening. It's a similar case to Xander having Colorless Feud. lol

Jokes aside, I would prefer Colorless Feud, so he can nullify Fallen Marias and Elimines... or even Time's Pulse, to charge special.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

38 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Blue Feud is to make Chrom stronger against blue foes so he don't get stabbed with a lightning by Male Robin who is a blue tome unit, like how it happens in Awakening. It's a similar case to Xander having Colorless Feud. lol

I mean, that's exactly the first thing that came to mind when I saw he got Blue Feud. Well okay, technically the second because the first thing was to check if I somehow forgot about the existence of a blue Grima.

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:

It's a similar case to Xander having Colorless Feud. lol

Wait, what happened to Xander other than the thing with Elise?

5 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

but I'm not sure what they're going for with Blue Feud. There aren't exactly any particularly notable blue support units, and the only notable blue tank is Brave Dimitri.

Maybe it's meant to compensate for B!Hector and A!Idunn negating armor effectiveness? L!Chrom was the alt that started the tradition of him having that after all.

32 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Maybe it's meant to compensate for B!Hector and A!Idunn negating armor effectiveness? L!Chrom was the alt that started the tradition of him having that after all.

Blue Feud would have made more sense if people still used Brave Hector with any real frequency, but almost everyone that isn't running one of the premium options is now running Brave Edelgard ever since she appeared in Hall of Forms a few months ago.

And Ascended Idunn has never been particularly common as a ranged tank (partly because Brave Hector exists).

I'm also nowhere near convinced that Legendary Chrom would be able to break Brave Hector (specifically the Hardy Fighter build) even with the extra stats from Blue Feud.

• 1 month later...

New remixes are announced:

Seliph: Holy War's End II

• If HP is 25% or higher at start of combat (previously 50%):
    • -5 Atk/Def to opponent in combat (new)
    • Guaranteed follow-up (new)
    • Follow-up prevention (new)
    • With a Stance condition:
      • Brave effect (previously guaranteed follow-up and Desperation effect)

New skill is Distant Ferocity

Holy War's End has the enemy-phase guaranteed follow-up and Desperation effect replaced with an enemy-phase Brave effect, which does the exact same thing, but better. It now also grants a guaranteed follow-up on both phases and follow-up prevention as well as an obligatory stat boost.

Distant Counter is upgraded to Distant Ferocity, which was previously only available from Duo Duma. Unfortunately, Distant A/D Solo hasn't been released yet, and even if it had, it would likely still be considered to recently released of a skill to be giving to him on a remix. Personally I think Distant Storm would be better for him since his guaranteed follow-up on both phases now grants him presence on player phase and he has passive healing on his weapon, but Distant Ferocity makes more sense to give him here simply to increase its distribution.

The upgrade to Holy War's End is pretty substantial and includes a lot of the skill effects that Seliph would ideally get from a refine. I'm thinking he'll probably get some combination of Miracle, Canto, Vantage, and/or additional damage and damage reduction based on Def on his refine.

Freyja: Binding Necklace+

• Removes transformation condition (new)
  • +7 Phantom Spd effect (new)
  • With a Stance condition or if there is 1 or fewer adjacent allies (previously only Solo condition):
    • +3 to all stats in combat (previously +2)
    • -3 to all stats on opponent in combat (previously -2)
    • The offensive half of Tempo (new)
    • Boost to all stats in combat equal to opponent's stat bonus on the corresponding stat
    • Reduction to all stats on opponent equal to opponent's stat bonus on the corresponding stat

New skill is Spd Smoke 4

As I expected, they skipped ahead to Freyja, almost certainly because of the release of Arcane Nihility.

Binding Necklace is upgraded with unconditional transformation, Phantom Spd, Tempo, and an additional effective +2 to all stats. Additionally, its activation condition is significantly less restrictive, now allowing 1 adjacent ally on player phase and having no condition on enemy phase instead of being just a Solo condition.

The unconditional transformation and Phantom Spd are obviously there specifically to match Eitr's Beast Perception.

Pulse Smoke is replaced with Spd Smoke 4, which is fine. Alarm would obviously be better, but they wouldn't hand it out so soon after its release, and cavalry don't really have access to much else (it's basically just Alarm, Smoke, and Menace for optimal picks).

Additionally, as Freyja isn't getting Alarm and doesn't have Canto as part of her exclusive B skill, she's probably going to get Canto on her refine to make her more usable on player phase. She's also probably getting Null Follow-Up just to make sure her weapon is superior to Arcane Nihility.

I can see her also getting a healing effect of some sort to improve her sustain as a unit that is intended to be used on enemy phase. I also wouldn't be surprised if they upgraded her weapon's Dodge effect to the tier-4 version or added flat damage reduction based on her Spd (in the same vein that Arcane Nihility deals additional damage based on Spd).

4 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Removes transformation condition (new)

This alone makes this a great remix, but I'm glad that the rest of Binding Necklace doubles down on her being speedy. Obviously the lack of Canto is concerning but hopefully she's getting it in her Refine as you said. I don't have Seliph but I know he's not very popular and I'm glad he's gotten a big boost too.

31 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

I don't have Seliph but I know he's not very popular and I'm glad he's gotten a big boost too.

Yeah, Seliph was pretty underwhelming even at release.

Seliph was completely dead weight on player phase, which nullified the usefulness of his cavalry movement type, and being a cavalry unit means he had fewer points of stats to allot to defenses than other movement types and lacked access to stronger defensive skills. His entire exclusive B skill was also completely nullified by the defensive half of Null Follow-Up or by follow-up prevention, leaving him with effectively an empty skill slot against a lot of opponents.

On top of this, he didn't even get any damage mitigation effects of any sort other than the obligatory stats on his weapon. Seliph's sustain relied entirely on taking only a single hit and then counterattacking twice to kill the opponent and recover 14 HP, which was easily countered by the effects listed above. Or by Reinhardt. And it really isn't a good look for an enemy-phase Legendary Hero released in Book 4 to be weak to Reinhardt.

After the release of Arcane Eljudnir, it was rather silly just how many players I ran into that had Arcane Eljudnir on Seliph because it was strictly better to run Arcane Eljudnir over both his weapon and exclusive skill combined.

Finally getting a guaranteed follow-up on player phase is a huge boost for Seliph because it makes him actually usable on player phase. The Brave effect on enemy phase also fixes the glaring issue of his follow-up being easily blocked.

They managed to make Altina viable again, and she functions in much the same way, so I have my hopes up for Seliph.

• 5 weeks later...

The remixes for the month of September 2023 feature Mirabilis: Daydream and Hel: Death Sovreign!

Mirabilis will receive the Chill Def/Res 3 skill, inflicting Def/Res -6 on the enemey with the highest combined Def/Res total as well as any foes within 2 spaces of that foe.
Whimsical Dream+:

• Refreshes the action of the target ally
  • Grants Atk +6 and "Neutralizes foe's bonuses during combat" to target ally and allies within 2 spaces of target (excluding unit) for 1 turn (original only granted Atk +5)
  • Inflicts Atk -6 on nearest foes within 5 spaces of target and any foes within 2 spaces of those foes through their next actions. (original only inflicted Atk -5 on nearest foes within 4 spaces of target)

Hel will upgrade to Distant Pressure, enabling her a counterattack regardless of distance from an enemy and granting her Spd +5 if her HP is above 25%, but dealing 5 damage after combat if she attacks.
Inevitable Death+:

• For each foe within 4 spaces of her, Hel can move to any of the nearest spaces adjacent to that foe (new effect)
  • Inflicts Atk/Spd/Def/Res -5 on foes within 2 spaces during combat (previously only -4 to all stats)
  • If Hel's Spd is higher or equal to her enemies Spd, disables any effects that disable Hel's follow-up attacks and effects that enable the enemies follow-up attacks. (new effect)

Hel stands out, because Distant Pressure actively works against the effects needed for Hel's Reaper to keep its Miracle effect intact... which probably means Hel will receive a form of En Garde (see Medeus) that disables any post-combat damage, meaning she can theoretically always have Distant Pressure's Spd boost enabled without worrying about losing HP, also meaning she might be immune to Poison Strike/Firesweet strats.

Edited by Xenomata

The ability of Hel to become a WoM becon in the middle of the enemy team can be a strat to be considered. She would also be a great user of skills like Flow Desperation or Gambit. I hope that in her refinement, they change her "target foe's Res" to "target lower of foe's Def or Res". I still don't know if she will get En Guard, or if the Push damage from Distant Pressure is intentional to allow her to enter WoM range more easily.

Mirabilis's ability to grant Dull for foes is quite nice, especially in her season where a good amount of her mythic opponents rely on buffing foes (Elimine, Heidr, Naga, Plumeria, Ashera). She can also be a good Heidr counter... well, not herself, but granting Dull to allies allow them to deal with Treachery foes, nullifying all that extra damage granted by buffs. 

Edited by Diovani Bressan

A bit late, but here's my usual analysis:

Mirabilis: Whimsical Dream+

• Range 1
  • Dance effect
  • Grants the following status effects to target and allies within 2 spaces of target, excluding self:
    • +6 Atk (previously +5)
    • Dull effect (new)
  • Inflicts the following status effects to closest enemies within 5 spaces of target (previously 4 spaces) and enemies within 2 spaces of them (new):
    • -6 Atk (previously -5)

New skill is Chill Def/Res 3

The upgrade to Whimsical Dream is pretty tame, that that's to be expected of Dance skills. The buff and debuff were upgraded from ±5 to ±6, Dull was added as a new buff effect, and the debuff effect now splashes 2 spaces.

Chill Def/Res 3 replaces her default Sabotage Def 3. Sabotage wasn't a particularly good fit for her to begin with because she can't receive bonus stats from Blessings in Aether Raids, which makes it hard for her to actually hit tanks with Sabotage's effect.

Not much else to say. She's a dancer, and she throws status effects around when she dances. I'm curious to see if they'll lean more heavily on support effects or combat performance with her weapon's refine, as I can see it going either way.

Hel: Inevitable Death+

• For each enemy within 4 spaces, unit can move to the spaces closest to self that are adjacent to that enemy (new)
  • -5 to all stats in combat to enemies within 2 spaces (previously -4)
  • If Spd is higher than opponent's Spd:
    • Null Follow-Up effect (new)

New skill is Distant Pressure

Hel can now teleport to attack any enemy within 4 spaces as long as the space closest to her that she can attack them from is open (or satisfies this condition for a different enemy). Her Rein effect is boosted from -4 to -5. She also gets Null Follow-Up, but only if she's faster than the opponent.

The teleportation effect basically turns her into a green version of Brave Seliph that ignores terrain and obstacles, but has 1 less movement. Seliph is already commonly used as a Wings of Mercy beacon due to his Miracle effect, and Hel will probably end up doing the same thing. It's a bit disappointing that the Rein effect wasn't boosted to Hold range because this means that melee units using her as a Wings of Mercy beacon will benefit from her Rein effect, but ranged units won't unless they're attacking a unit adjacent to Hel.

Distant Pressure is her new skill, which is an upgrade of her default Distant Counter. Given that she's getting a teleportation effect, they definitely want to make her a dual-phase unit, and Distant Pressure makes the most sense with that in mind (given that they aren't going to hand out Distant A/S Solo so soon after it was released). There was also pretty much no chance that they'd give her a new B skill because Guard Bearing 4 is pretty obviously the skill they want players to run on her, but it was released too recently for them to actually give it to her, and they aren't going to give her something else.

Distant Pressure as her new skill also makes it fairly likely that she'll gain passive HP regeneration on her weapon, which was already fairly likely due to Arcane Downfall having the effect.

9 hours ago, Valolaire said:

I really thought it was a mistake when I saw Distant Pressure instead of Distant Dart. I mean Seliph didn't get Distant Storm and he had healing properties.

It seems like a weird move to give Hel the subpar version.

Hel has Distant Pressure instead of Distant Dart because Inevitable Death+ grants her the ability to teleport to enemies, which means she needs a Distant Counter variant that is active on both phases.

While Seliph is functional on both phases, he's significantly better on enemy phase, so he got Distant Ferocity instead of Distant Storm. There's also the fact that Distant Storm is already available from another Legendary Hero (Caeda), whereas Distant Ferocity is only otherwise available from Duo Duma, who is very hard to get.

• 1 month later...

New remixes have been announced again:

Plumeria: Sweet Dreams+

• Range 1
  • Dance effect
  • Grants the following status effects to target:
    • +5 to all stats (previously +3)
    • Guaranteed follow-up when initiating combat (new)
    • Hexblade (new)
  • Inflicts the following status effects to closest enemies within 5 spaces of target (previously 4 spaces):
    • -5 to all stats (previously -4)

New skill is Atk/Res Hold, which is an upgrade of her existing Atk/Res Rein 3.

Guaranteed follow-up when initiating combat is a pretty big deal as an effect applied on dance. Hexblade is cool, but is more like icing on the cake in comparison.

Extending the debuff range to 5 spaces is nice for ranged cavalry, as it guarantees something within their normal threat range will be hit. Unlike Mirabilis, though, none of Plumeria's effects splash, which is a bit of a bummer.

Dimitri: Atrocity II

• If opponent's HP is 40% or higher (previously 50%) at start of combat:
    • -4 Atk/Spd/Def to opponent in combat (new)
    • Additional damage equal to 25% of Atk, excluding AoE Specials
    • 40% damage reduction on opponent's first attack (new)
    • Inflicts the following effects to target and enemies within 3 spaces of target (previously 2 spaces):
      • -6 to all stats as a status effect (previously -5)
      • Guard as a status effect (new)
      • +1 Special cooldown, cannot increase beyond maximum

New skill is Atk/Spd Clash 4, replacing Sturdy Impact.

Dimitri getting Atk/Spd Clash 4 makes me think they might give him a Tempest skill on his weapon's refine so that he can get rid of his default Odd Tempest that is rather sub-optimal.

Other than that, the upgrades to Atrocity don't really give any hints as to what else he might get on his refine since it's just the obligatory stats and first-hit damage reduction and some improvements to his post-combat debuffs.