Remixed Legendary Heroes: New Skills Speculation!

Diovani Bressan

46 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I kinda wish they made stat boosting Legendaries again. The Pair-Up effect is nice, but I only use that once every 2 weeks, since AB is only available in Astra/Anima weeks. Even in Rokkr Sieges I rarely use that. I only really use Pair Up in Mjolnir's Strike, but in that mode everyone can Pair Up and not only Legendaries, so the effect is still not that useful to me.

Sure, these Legendary also have the Duel effect to make them score higher in Coliseum... but for some of them, this Duel Effect is USELESS. Edelgard, for example, has a 180 BST Duel effect, but she is a  179 BST unit. Same with Dimitri, but he is 177 BST. And lets not forget to mention Legendary Corrin, that has a 180 Duel BST effect... in a 182 BST hero, that reaches 185 BST after a merge.

Of course we have more Legendaries that use these effects than legendaries that don't (I tihnk these 3 I mentioned are the only ones lol) , but still... For Legendaries that have the same BST or higher than the effect will grant, they could boost stats instead.

And we still don't have Fire/Spd or Earth/Res.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish they'd at least finish the last two remaining element stat boosts that they haven't gotten to. While I'm pretty sure I don't have OCD, it pisses me off when I see the unfinished element blessings chart. They literally had two more. TWO MORE until they could've started a new thing, but nope.

Looking at the mythic blessings chart arguably pisses me off more though, because that confirms even harder just how much IS fucked up on organizing their blessing because apparently they didn't plan it ahead at all. The mythic heroes were so close to finishing their square, then SOMEONE fucked up by refusing to give us enough Astra heroes and gave us five dark heroes and only three astra heroes. And two of the dark heroes are even the same move type, weapon type, AND give the same stat blessing! What the fuck IS? Do you have something against Yune? Sothis should've been astra.

For Ephraim and Eirika, the best-in-slot skills for the B slot for cavalry are Desperation, Lull, and Trace, so I'd expect something at least as good.

I can see Ephraim getting Atk/Def Lull 3 + A/D Near Trace 3 for a total of -6 to enemy stats to make up for Ephraim having lower base stats than Duessel. Eirika would get Atk/Spd Lull 3 + A/S Near Trace 3. If they want to get fancy, since both of their Brace skills deal with their Special activation, Null Special-Disrupt would also be good to have to prevent their Specials from being blocked and would also give players a reason to use Solar Brace II with Galeforce.

As for the base effects, if we see that Solar Brace II remains Noontime, then there's pretty much no chance that Lunar Brace II will remove its cooldown penalty. I can only see the cooldown penalty being lifted if Solar Brace II is upgraded to Sol due to the fact that Lunar Brace's effect is already Luna, not Moonbow. Alternatively, they can remove the penalty from Lunar Brace and give Solar Brace the Slaying effect, but either way, I doubt they'd remove the penalty from Lunar Brace without making an analogous change to Solar Brace.

For Hector, Ostia's Pulse being upgraded to remove the movement type restriction is already more than good enough. A global Quickened Pulse is just that good. If they really don't think that's enough, I kind of want to see him get Armor March without the movement type restriction.

I'm still tempted to expect Ostian Counter as his new skill simply because there are so few ways to make his default kit any better than it already is. While Crafty Fighter would be an option, I feel like that would be purely for the purpose of having it as skill fodder as it's only a side-grade to his existing Vengeful Fighter. Hector's unit designs all have a focus on damage output, and with Legendary Hector offloading a defensive effect to his weapon, it would be a bit out of character to also give him a defensive B skill.

Alternatively, they could totally give him Ruptured Sky for no particular reason.

I wouldn't mind (too much) if Marth got both Fire Emblem II and Binding Shield II and didn't get an inheritable skill at all (though it would make my giant pile of manuals completely useless).

For Fire Emblem II, it should be upgraded to give Marth +4 to all stats at the beginning of every turn just like how Holy-Knight Aura gives Sigurd the movement boost at the beginning of every turn. +6 instead of +4 would also be nice, but would probably be utterly broken given Marth has Bonus Doubler on his weapon.

For Binding Shield II, it would be cool to have it nullify the opponent's bonuses, Marth's penalties, and Marth's Panic. If we're not adverse to stacking more effects, healing 7 HP after combat would be nice to have on top.

If they do decide to give Marth a new skill, Atk/Spd Ideal is definitely the best option given the Bonus Doubler on his weapon.

2 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Of course we have more Legendaries that use these effects than legendaries that don't (I tihnk these 3 I mentioned are the only ones lol) , but still... For Legendaries that have the same BST or higher than the effect will grant, they could boost stats instead.

Yeah, it's really annoying that they're still missing 2 stat bonus Legendaries. Pair Up is generally an underused mechanic (and it doesn't help that there's no UI shortcut to change cohorts), so the only thing that would really be lost would be the Duel effect, which is completely wasted on new armored and melee infantry units (and is close to being wasted on ranged infantry and melee fliers).

Edited by Ice Dragon

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Yeah, it's really annoying that they're still missing 2 stat bonus Legendaries. Pair Up is generally an underused mechanic (and it doesn't help that there's no UI shortcut to change cohorts), so the only thing that would really be lost would be the Duel effect, which is completely wasted on new armored and melee infantry units (and is close to being wasted on ranged infantry and melee fliers).

I wish they open up Pair-Up to all modes. Pair-Up is so limited that it feels kind of useless as a mechanic. It will make the Arena experience much better since you can swap out to a unit that is not a pain in the ass to use. For Aether Raids, they can make Duo's Hinderance (D) disable the swapping if giving Pair-Up to offense teams tips the balance of power too much.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

When they upgraded mythics to having two effects, I was expecting them to make legendaries start having both the stat boost and Pair Up. Still not sure why they didn't.

13 minutes ago, XRay said:

I wish they open up Pair-Up to all modes. Pair-Up is so limited that it feels kind of useless as a mechanic. It will make the Arena experience much better since you can swap out to a unit that is not a pain in the ass to use. For Aether Raids, they can make Duo's Hinderance (D) disable the swapping if giving Pair-Up to offense teams tips the balance of power too much.

There would need to be enough of an incentive to not just use paired units for everything. I guess duo skills are one thing, and you'd need to make sure there aren't any issues with scoring... Still, I feel like it could easily go wrong.

6 minutes ago, Othin said:

There would need to be enough of an incentive to not just use paired units for everything. I guess duo skills are one thing, and you'd need to make sure there aren't any issues with scoring... Still, I feel like it could easily go wrong.

I think players should use Pair-Up for everything if they want to. We can use Duo and Harmonic skills in every mode, so I do not see why Pair-Up should be so limited.

1 minute ago, XRay said:

I think players should use Pair-Up for everything if they want to. We can use Duo and Harmonic skills in every mode, so I do not see why Pair-Up should be so limited.

Duo and Harmonic skills require a team slot that can't be used for a non-Duo/Harmonic unit. Pair Up is unique in that it doesn't take up a team slot - in most circumstances, you can just take whatever other unit you'd want for that slot and have them as the Cohort unit. Outside of Duo/Harmonic units, they get everything they'd have otherwise, plus the option of swapping out for another ally - and they even get extra stats!

1 minute ago, Othin said:

Duo and Harmonic skills require a team slot that can't be used for a non-Duo/Harmonic unit. Pair Up is unique in that it doesn't take up a team slot - in most circumstances, you can just take whatever other unit you'd want for that slot and have them as the Cohort unit. Outside of Duo/Harmonic units, they get everything they'd have otherwise, plus the option of swapping out for another ally - and they even get extra stats!

Pair-Up is really good effect, but I do not think it is always better than Duo/Harmonic effects. And the point is to give players more options so they can swap out a general purpose nuke or tank for dedicated counters, or even swap out the entire team turning a player phase team into an enemy phase team on the fly for more interesting gameplay.

Dorothea: Twilit Harmony is super strong if you run two of her on the same team since they can "Dance/Sing" each other. Catria: Azure Wing Pair turns everyone from the same game as her into Lysithea: Earnest Seeker.

Lyn: Ninja-Friend Duo got unconditional Galeforce. Eirika: Twin Refulgence got Null-Follow Up and every-other-turn Dodge on the same unit, and has an open Special slot for more damage reduction since her Weapon already comes with free Aether.

Yeah, I concur with the majority. Ephraim, Eirika, Marth, Tiki, Hector, and Lucina are definitely the next six I think we'll be getting. I'm most looking forward to Marth and Hector, although Ephraim and Eirika are my favorite characters of that bunch. But, I still have had zero luck summoning Legendary Hector, and I use Legendary Marth a lot, so they take priority for me.

• 2 weeks later...

I just had the stupidest idea that would make @XRay proud even without a Yu-Gi-Oh! card effect.

With Everyone! II should make Tiki always count as adjacent to all allies and all allies adjacent to her (except when targeting Assist skills, obviously). Would not be broken, I swear.

This means that With Everyone! II will always grant Tiki her buff and will always grant all allies her buff. It would also allow

• All Drive skills to apply to her from anywhere on the map.
    • So... Caduceus Staff and Professorial Text.
  • An ally's Armor March to reach her from anywhere on the map.
  • Save to protect to her from anywhere on the map.
  • Warp Powder- and Grimoire-type skills to teleport to her from anywhere on the map.
    • That basically means Brave Edelgard.
  • Ground Orders (and Air Orders for fliers) to allow allies to teleport to her and her to teleport to any ally from anywhere on the map.
  • Duo Peony's Duo skill and Harmonic Tiki's Harmonic skill to target her from anywhere on the map.
    • And Duo Sigurd's Duo skill to yeet her off the map. Okay, maybe Duo and Harmonic skills should also not count.
  • Leila to swap positions with her after combat from anywhere on the map if they are support partners.
  • Ashera to get buffs from her from anywhere on the map.
  • All allies with skills with Bond or Unity conditions to always have them active.
    • Because Legendary Ryoma didn't need to be more busted.
  • Two Tikis with a Harmonic Catria to initiate a triangle attack with any of them from anywhere on the map.

On the other hand, it would also mean that all Smoke debuffs will hit her from anywhere on the map and you can no longer use Solo skills (and Legendary Edelgard will hate her guts), but that's probably a small price to pay (until you get hit by Fatal Smoke from across the map).

I think this would be fun.

Definitely not broken.

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I just had the stupidest idea that would make @XRay proud even without a Yu-Gi-Oh! card effect.

With Everyone! II should make Tiki always count as adjacent to all allies and all allies adjacent to her (except when targeting Assist skills, obviously). Would not be broken, I swear.

This means that With Everyone! II will always grant Tiki her buff and will always grant all allies her buff. It would also allow

• Warp Powder- and Grimoire-type skills to teleport to her from anywhere on the map.
  • Ground Orders (and Air Orders for fliers) to allow allies to teleport to her and her to teleport to any ally from anywhere on the map.
  • Duo Peony's Duo skill and Harmonic Tiki's Harmonic skill to target her from anywhere on the map.
    • And Duo Sigurd's Duo skill to yeet her off the map. Okay, maybe Duo and Harmonic skills should also not count.
  • Leila to swap positions with her after combat from anywhere on the map if they are support partners.
  • All allies with skills with Bond or Unity conditions to always have them active.
  • Two Tikis with a Harmonic Catria to initiate a triangle attack with any of them from anywhere on the map.

On the other hand, it would also mean that all Smoke debuffs will hit her from anywhere on the map and you can no longer use Solo skills (and Legendary Edelgard will hate her guts), but that's probably a small price to pay (until you get hit by Fatal Smoke from across the map).

Definitely not broken.

That's hilarious, wonder what they'd have to do to explain it in the skill description.

Fallen Corrin: "Quit it! Go away!"

I guess it would also interact negatively with effects like Sabotage skills and Chilling Seal II?

Edited by Othin

43 minutes ago, Othin said:

I guess it would also interact negatively with effects like Sabotage skills and Chilling Seal II?

Yeah. Sabotage (and Sudden Panic, Aversa's Night, etc.) would literally apply the stat check to the entire team all the time. Chilling Seal II would always splash Tiki at the minimum, but if Tiki somehow has the lowest Def on the team, it would splash the entire team.

She'd also get hit by Pain and Savage Blow if any ally is attacked, and the entire team would get hit by Pain and Savage Blow if she is attacked.

But it would be totally worth it.

43 minutes ago, Othin said:

That's hilarious, wonder what they'd have to do to explain it in the skill description.

Maybe something like

If unit's, ally's, or foe's skill compares unit's distance to an ally, unit is considered adjacent to that ally. (Excludes Assist skills, Duo skills, and Harmonic skills.)

EDIT: Oh yeah, one more dumb thing you can do:

Aether Raid defense team with

• Legendary Tiki
  • Legendary Tiki
  • Legendary Tiki
  • Legendary Tiki
  • Legendary Tiki
  • Valentine Henriette with Raudhrowl and a Far Save
  • Seiros/Nott

Henriette would get +10 to all stats (+12 if Seiros/Nott is also adjacent) with Raudhrowl's effect as long as all of the Tikis are alive because it has no limit to the number of adjacent units that count towards its stats.

Pity you can't field multiple of the same unit in Rival Domains or Grand Conquest. An army of 19 Tikis with a Henriette with +14 to all stats would be hilarious.

Edited by Ice Dragon

4 minutes ago, Florete said:

Fjorm is getting Mirror Stance 3 out of nowhere to better fit Leiptr's refine.

Holy wow. That's unprecedented.

It really is. Wonder if that means other things that are unprecedented will happen in the future, like re-refines or older characters getting some new skills or whatnot. It'd be cool to see if anything like that happens.

Huh. I was not expecting that. I think I'd've preferred Sturdy Stance over Mirror Stance (or any Breath so that she can actually Ice Mirror on both attacks when she gets doubled so she can stop dying to Pent in Tempest Trials), but I suppose Mirror Stance 3 only being available from Othin (whereas 3 units having Sturdy Stance 3) makes it justifiable.

Honestly, it's nice that she's getting a new skill. It kind of felt like she got left out when all she got was an extension of a skill tree she already had instead of a brand new skill tree (since all of the other remixes so far have gotten a brand new skill tree), even if Atk/Def Unity was a really good skill (and similarly rare).

I'll be sitting here on my giant pile of skill fodder, at least. I hope they continue the trend of making the new remix skill a brand new skill tree. Would be nice to have that much more fodder. (Though I would still want Azura to get B Duel Flying 4.)

Marth had better get Atk/Spd Ideal so that his worth as fodder can stop being utter crap.

I don't really see them going back and giving new refines to units with out-of-date refines, though. Players are far more likely to have given a unit an old refine than to have given Fjorm a single, specific premium skill available from only a single unit (again, probably why they picked Mirror Stance), so there's a much lower chance that a player would have spent resources that would end up being wasted.

Now, if they'd let us roll back refines and get the resources back, I could see them giving older units new refines. That, or just replacing the effect on the refined weapon skill without actually making a new skill (since the refined weapon counts as a separate skill from its base version). Even if they step on some toes by giving older units refines that render certain skills on them redundant and cause wasted resources in that way, these refines are old enough that players that built around them would've still gotten years of use out of the unit anyways.

11 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Definitely not broken.

I love it. I do not think it is broken either since it literally shuts down entire play styles, units, and skills, although I guess if you are using her in the first place, you are less likely to use her with units that wants to be solo anyways.

Her presence would also make armor nukes viable too and enable that play style, and I think that would be good for the game.

Edited by XRay

21 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Definitely not broken.

That's actually very funny.

Imagine Henriette jumping from the other side of the map just to save her from a ranged attack.

Ally support will always grant the max bonus of +2, and +6 if used with Male Corrin, and units like Flayn or Summer Hilda would always grant 30% damage reduction (Flayn) or Atk+6 and Special Charge (Hilda).

That's pretty interesting.

• 1 month later...

Remixes for this month are in.

Ephraim is getting Atk/Def Solo 4 as a new A skill.

Solar Brace is being reworked with the effects:

• Canto [2]
  • Nullifies effects that reduce Ephraim's Special charge rate.
  • Restores 10 HP after combat.

Hector is getting Crafty Fighter 3 as a new B skill.

Ostia's Pulse is getting reworked with the effects:

• Grants +6 Def/Res to Hector and all allies at the beginning of the turn if there are 2 of fewer units of that movement type on the team.
  • Grants -1 Special cooldown to Hector and all allies if their Special cooldown is at maximum at the beginning of the turn if there are 2 or fewer units of that movement type on the team.

Both of the new inheritable skills are basically exactly as expected. Getting an easier source of Crafty Fighter is really nice, too.

Solar Brace II is basically Moonlight Bangle, but with the damage bonus replaced with healing after combat. Canto was pretty predictable, and the ability to nullify Special charge rate reductions makes the skill actually useful for Galeforce builds.

Ostia's Pulse II keeps the Tactic activation requirement, and has its Quickened Pulse effect upgraded to Time's Pulse and also grants +6 Def/Res.

Additionally, it looks like they've officially announced that future remixes are currently only planned for Hrid, Marth, Eirika, Tiki, Lucina, and Azura.

Also, as expected, Ephraim and Lyn are getting refines with this update. Hopefully, they make Lyn's actually good. Old bows kind of really suck when compared to modern bows.

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Additionally, it looks like they've officially announced that future remixes are currently only planned for Hrid, Marth, Eirika, Tiki, Lucina, and Azura.

I don't think it's them saying that others aren't planned to be added, just that these are the ones moving over during the next 6 months. During that timeframe, we've still got regular legendary/mythic reruns lined up for the early mythics and Cohort legendaries - I expect this will be their last regular rerun, and afterward, they'll drop into the next Remix batch.

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

and Azura

I really thought they'd skip her, so this is concerning. I can imagine them giving Gray Waves the same movement buff as Annette's Crusher (i.e. +1 movement to anyone but ranged cavs) but hopefully that's as far as it goes.

4 minutes ago, Othin said:

I expect this will be their last regular rerun, and afterward, they'll drop into the next Remix batch.

I agree, though there are several Legends who don't need a remix and should never get one. Honestly, the only one in need of help that I think of off of the top of my head is Roy, and even then he's decently strong already. I wonder if we'll see some of the early Mythics join the remixes too, such as Eir and Sothis...

Edited by DefyingFates

17 minutes ago, Othin said:

I don't think it's them saying that others aren't planned to be added, just that these are the ones moving over during the next 6 months. During that timeframe, we've still got regular legendary/mythic reruns lined up for the early mythics and Cohort legendaries - I expect this will be their last regular rerun, and afterward, they'll drop into the next Remix batch.

Ah, I reread the Japanese post, and noticed that I missed the fact that it was specifically talking about the summoning events.

So it looks like they'll be adding those units to the remix banner rotation and retiring them from the standard rotation.

13 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

I really thought they'd skip her, so this is concerning. I can imagine them giving Gray Waves the same movement buff as Annette's Crusher (i.e. +1 movement to anyone but ranged cavs) but hopefully that's as far as it goes.

We already have Sigurd, who can grant the +1 movement range status effect to the entire party, so I don't think they'll pull their punches on Azura's remix.

Additionally, it's pretty clear that they're actually trying to make old Legendary Heroes strong enough to compete with newer units (especially with how strong they made Ryoma, Gunnthra, and Grima), so I doubt they'll constrain themselves by restricting the movement buff to match Annette's effect.

Edited by Ice Dragon

12 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

I agree, though there are several Legends who don't need a remix and should never get one. Honestly, the only one in need of help that I think of off of the top of my head is Roy, and even then he's decently strong already. I wonder if we'll see some of the early Mythics join the remixes too, such as Eir and Sothis...

For ones that are already strong, like Azura and Alm, they could try to limit how much additional benefits they give. Although Alm getting any additional combat performance is terrifying.

Based on Legendary Sigurd, I don't think ranged cavs will be exempt from Grey Waves II.

9 minutes ago, Othin said:

Although Alm getting any additional combat performance is terrifying.

Thankfully, Lunar Flash is a Special, so there are at least some limitations on what they can do with the remix upgrade.

But something tells me they'll make it ignore percentage damage reduction like Deadeye.

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

Thankfully, Lunar Flash is a Special, so there are at least some limitations on what they can do with the remix upgrade.

But something tells me they'll make it ignore percentage damage reduction like Deadeye.

Yeah. I can easily see that: Null damage reduction effect.

And since Alm's remix will be late 2022, they could also increase the damage of it: from 20% to at least 30% of unit's Spd.