Write Your Butt Off 358/II.8 prompts HD Final Chapter Prologue

Benice

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By golly, I've done it! I think I've written something passable! And clever! And passable! It has characters, setting, a story, and most importantly, words! What's not to love?

This story is only around 8 pages, so it should be a fairly quick read. I don't have much else to say about it (yet) besides the fact that I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

Title: Crooks and Nannies

Word Count: 2953

2 hours ago, indigoasis said:

By golly, I've done it! I think I've written something passable! And clever! And passable! It has characters, setting, a story, and most importantly, words! What's not to love?

This story is only around 8 pages, so it should be a fairly quick read. I don't have much else to say about it (yet) besides the fact that I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

Title: Crooks and Nannies

Word Count: 2953

Well, this was an interesting read. Can I ask if there was something that inspired this in particular?

11 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

Well, this was an interesting read. Can I ask if there was something that inspired this in particular?

This may sound strange, but it was the title.Ā 

I was on my way home from work one day, and the term 'nooks and crannies' popped into my head. I sometimes like to switch letters around in sayings, and for that particular one, I switched the beginning consonants to make it 'crooks and nannies." It sounded funny, but I ended up liking it enough that I started getting ideas from that for a story. Pretty much everything was inspired by that simple switch.

Kinda weird, I know, but I think it worked out in the end.

I have no excuse for not gettin' anything in this round...* But I'll get one in for next month, I promise!

*Provided that divine inspiration doesn't strike.

5 minutes ago, Benice said:

I have no excuse for not gettin' anything in this round...* But I'll get one in for next month, I promise!

*Provided that divine inspiration doesn't strike.

Aww do what you can mate, it's no sweat.

So, I actually haven't made much progress on my story. On one hand, I'm actually pretty interested in it. It started as one of my more obviously propagandist and polemic stories, but as I thought more about it, the idea really branched out. So it was still a propagandist polemic, but against a lot more things on more different sides. That's how you know it was a good one. I'm still kind of interested in writing it, but I started a new job recently (yay for me). Combined with working on some other junk, I simply didn't put forward the time to finish it by the deadline.

I came up with an idea while sitting on the beach the other day. Problem is in sitting on the beach because I'm holiday, and I don't bring my laptop with me while on holiday.

all i'm hearing areĀ Ā e x c u s e s

But in all seriousness, good for you guys! Getting time off or starting a new job are great in their own ways. Hopefully you guys can get some time to participate next time around.

2 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

It started as one of my more obviously propagandist and polemic stories, but as I thought more about it, the idea really branched out. So it was still a propagandist polemic, but against a lot more things on more different sides. That's how you know it was a good one.Ā 

If you get around to finishing it, you should toss it in this thread for funsies. If not this thread, we could start a new thread for creative works in general.

That's not a bad idea. Certainly I now working too my time for this is non-existent now. Since I do have other stuff to write to give more priority to, admittedly, so even if I wanted to write a non-participation entry for my own prompt, I don't have much chances for that. At least not for now.

Ā 

38 minutes ago, indigoasis said:

all i'm hearing areĀ Ā e x c u s e s

please forgive me!

38 minutes ago, indigoasis said:

If you get around to finishing it, you should toss it in this thread for funsies. If not this thread, we could start a new thread for creative works in general.

Yeah, I'm planning to. Believe it or not, the site actually has a whole section for written works! I did try and update an "Anon's Writing" type thread for a little why a few years back, but it never garnered any attention or feedback, so I figure it'd be best to just share what I'm working on here.

1 minute ago, Jotari said:

When is the due date? I might be able to quickly pull something out if there's another week. I know i could just check the OP, but, mobile.

You have five hours. I don't mind if you get it in a little past that, though!

31 minutes ago, Benice said:

You have five hours. I don't mind if you get it in a little past that, though!

Nah, I was thinking more a matter if 5+ days. I'll resolve to write something for the next promt though, even if its something I'mĀ not halpy with.

10 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Yeah, I'm planning to. Believe it or not, the site actually has a whole section for written works! I did try and update an "Anon's Writing" type thread for a little why a few years back, but it never garnered any attention or feedback, so I figure it'd be best to just share what I'm working on here.

That's probably a better idea, especially since this is an actively active thread. If I ever get around to writing this one thing I'm thinking about, I'll probably do the same thing.

OP is finally updated! Voting will end the midnight of August 1st. Sorry for taking so long to get to this!

By the way, I eon't be able to edit the OP or otherwise check on the thread until Aug. 3's afternoon; if the winner of the round has posted a prompt by then, (which ideally would happen on Aug. 2) do feel free to start writing!

Welp, I don't mean to jump the gun here, and I'd rather wait until an official declaration, but uh... we gotta keep this monthly thing rolling! Here is the prompt:

Spoiler

Write a story based on a song of your choice. Literally any song you want.

However, I don't feel entirely comfortable with the results, so I'd like to nominate @TheSilentChloey to offer a second prompt for this month to coincide with mine, if that's alright.

1 hour ago, indigoasis said:

Welp, I don't mean to jump the gun here, and I'd rather wait until an official declaration, but uh... we gotta keep this monthly thing rolling! Here is the prompt:

Ā  Hide contents

Write a story based on a song of your choice. Literally any song you want.

However, I don't feel entirely comfortable with the results, so I'd like to nominate @TheSilentChloey to offer a second prompt for this month to coincide with mine, if that's alright.

I like this prompt. Its open, very open as there are songs about everything?Ā  But also requires a unifying subject to get behind.Ā 

Man, even if I had the time, I don't think I could do this one. So many to choose, so lacking inĀ ideas how to convert them into a story...