Three Hopes - Rate their Chances

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

It's not just about having a Relic, but one that actually gets attention from the story. In terms of narrative presence, Thunderbrand is only behind the Sword of the Creator, and perhaps the Lance of Ruin. Most other Relics only get mentioned once by the character in the Paralogue they receive it, but Thunderbrand has a good chunk of the Monastery talking about it before Chapter 2. It's the player's first exposure to a Hero's Relic, and Catherine is the first wielder of one (and Knight of Seiros) that Teach gets to share a battlefield with.

Talking about stuff is one thing. Doing stuff is another.

9 minutes ago, Use the Falchion said:

I'll give Ferdinand a 7/10. I want him in the game as I like his character, but Dorothea and Bernadetta really challenge that. 

I think BE characters just face the steepest competition in general. A 9/10 in another house might be a 7/10 in BE.

13 hours ago, ciphertul said:

Don’t play the victim, you are not one. You presented an incorrect argument, other have presented reasons why you are wrong. It’s not dog piling you.

I'm not playing the victim, nor do I think I am a victim. Stating the fact (yes, fact) that I have three or four people ALL arguing with me is not playing the victim. That IS in fact dog piling.

I called it your personal bias because nothing that you have used to “counter” us is all half assed.

Oh please, not one single thing I've said has been half assed. I'm pulling directly from Three Houses as best I can, to make as much sense as I can, pardon me for not being the all-knowing Fire Emblem sage.

This is what I have to say to you.

I said "don't read that into what I'm saying" in response to what I was saying being incorrectly thought of as a gotcha, but hey, go right ahead and try to twist it around to something it's not, that's cool.

Edit, I think I need a break from Serenes discussions. It always seems like everyone (myself included) thinks they're the smartest hottest stuff, and right now it ain't great for my mental health, I'm finding myself more and more irritable. I'll keep ranking what I think are the likelihood of all the characters here and doing stuff on the FEH sub-forum, but I can't have debates right now.

Edited by Fire Emblem Fan

Y'all are doing too much.

11 hours ago, Use the Falchion said:

I'll give Ferdinand a 7/10. I want him in the game as I like his character, but Dorothea and Bernadetta really challenge that. 

I recently saw on reddit the chart for the top 8 most deployed units in FE3H actually changing after a long while (with Sylvain in 8th and not Linhardt), and it still surprises me to this day that Dorothea is still first. That alone is a testament to her popularity, and hurts Ferdie's chances by a decent amount. A shame too, cos Ferdinand is a pretty versatile character in terms of gameplay.

Ferdinand averages 7.63.

Day 18 - Leonie

Not a lot to say about our resident DILF lover. She's not very important, not very popular, and represents a moveset pool with some steep competition. 3/10, and I think that might be generous.

As for want score, 4/10. I don't dislike her or anything, but I also know I'd rathed play every other archer/paladin/bow knight.

Leonie is a solid 6/10 with a personal want of 9/10. I don't care for her supports with Byleth, but she's a very solid character outside of that. Her supports with Lorenz are phenomenal, and her C-B supports with Felix are hilarious. She had one of the best glow-ups for timeskip designs and has always been one of my MVP units in every playthrough except maybe one. Three Hopes won't play like Three Houses, but I can't imagine she wouldn't be as awesome there either. 

Leonie: 4/10. She's definitely not Raphael low in terms of popularity, but probably not unless we get at least ~6 people per house. Benefits a little from Ignatz/Raphael being as unpopular as they are.

Personal want: 4/10. Compared to other characters I don't really care about, Leonie at least benefits from being a very useful unit.

Leonie is definitely the least likely girl from the Golden Deer. We already have an Archer in Claude, and potentially a Cavalier in Lorenz. I do think she has better odds than Raphael and Ignatz, so if we get at least 6 house members, she's probably in. She also has her connection to Jeralt, who may have a bigger role this time around. Overall, I think she's a solid 5 out of 10.

Leonie isn't well-liked, and she has competition for cavalry (though if they go for bow cavalry rather than paladin, her only competition is Bernadetta). That said, she has her connection to Jeralt that she never stops talking about when around Byleth from being a former student of his, so she at least has some relevance in terms of character dynamics.

I agree with those saying she's the least likely out of her, Marianne and Lysithea, but more likely than Raphael and Ignatz. I'd say 6/10. It would've been a 5/10, but then I realized that her unpopularity is such that it make them want to include her anyway in an attempt to redeem her her character in the eyes of the fanbase; what TV Tropes refers to as rescuing from the Scrappy heap.

Edited by vanguard333

The Leonie hate is so overblown tbh. She's got great supports synergy with the GD deer, great interactions in the few out of house supports she has, and the Jeralt connection alone puts her at a 7/10 at minimum for me. Maybe that's too generous, but I think she has a good enough chance of getting in that I wouldn't consider to her to have Raphael or Ignatz's chances.

Leonie averages 4.5.

Day 19 - Gilbert

Probably the definition of a 1/10. Wildly unpopular, even disliked. Not very important. The only migating factor is his armor/great knight class, but he still faces competition from Dedue and possibly Ferdinand. He's a 'everyone is here' character.

Want score is 3/10. I don't personally hate him, but I absolutely see why I should. There is redeem-the-Scrappy potential. But at the same time, if it isn't a total 'everyone is here' situation, his inclusion would no doubt trigger real hostility from the fanbase of whichever characters didn't make it.

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

The only question with Gilbert is if he's the single least likely character or not. He does have a fairly significant plot role on Azure Moon, which could get him above the other least popular characters. But... not enough to rise above 1/10, he's significantly below the likes of Raphael.

Want... 2/10. See Seteth. Objectively a well-written character. But I hate him. Doesn't even have good critical quotes. I'm sure I would never play as him except when forced.

6 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Probably the definition of a 1/10. Wildly unpopular, even disliked. Not very important. The only migating factor is his armor/great knight class, but he still faces competition from Dedue and possibly Ferdinand. He's a 'everyone is here' character.

I'd argue he's actually kinda important in Azure Moons. He's essentially the leader of the Blions when hobo Dimitri is too busy being crazy and incompetent. 

But yes 1/10 due to being extremely unpopular and old to boot. 

Ah, Gilbert. People hate him for his personality and backstory. He's exclusive to a single route, and as the "old man", is one of the few characters Teach can't even marry. Still, there aren't many standout Armor Knight candidates, and he does have his connection to Annette. Plus, he has an NPC appearance in chapter 5 that everyone will remember (if not necessarily fondly). I think he's deserving a 2 out of 10.

As much as I like Constance, I too have to give her a 4/10. She would be a bit harder to implement properly do to her split personality. However it is sad that she is the only natural Dark Flier and that would be a great class to play. You know the heck happen with 3 Houses? Where is the 3 peg knights we always get?

Personal want for her is 10/10, in contrast of Olivier she is the only Ashen Wolf I really like.

We're gonna get at least two Ashen Wolves, I think. Yuri and someone else. Constance is, in my opinion, the most likely "someone else." I can't think of anyone else who can really fill her class, either. The other fliers are melee classes, she's the only magical one I can think of off the top of my head. 7/10