Best minor boss in the series

Jotari

smh at people saying "Mustafa" like damn son, you fell right for the game's shallow cards.

Batta and Glass are good memes, Orlo and Kotaro are actually good.

I'm gonna go with Erik though, specifically his FE6 version. It's entirely because I like this battle quote.

"You fools are bound down by moldy, old tradition! Allow me to teach you the way of the world!"

6 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

smh at people saying "Mustafa" like damn son, you fell right for the game's shallow cards.

Batta and Glass are good memes, Orlo and Kotaro are actually good.

I'm gonna go with Erik though, specifically his FE6 version. It's entirely because I like this battle quote.

"You fools are bound down by moldy, old tradition! Allow me to teach you the way of the world!"

Seconded on the Mustafa. Cheap, lazily written character that's shallower than a puddle.

Jarod is memorable to me, and though not a favourite, Valtome is definitely memorable.

2 hours ago, Vicious Sal said:

Seconded on the Mustafa. Cheap, lazily written character that's shallower than a puddle.

Imo it's the music that's really pulling the weight in that chapter.

10 hours ago, Vicious Sal said:

Jarod is memorable to me, and though not a favourite, Valtome is definitely memorable.

Jarod and Valtome are good, but they are not minor bosses. Jarod is the main villain of part 1 and Valtome is the main villain for much of part 3.

First thought would be...

Didn't your mama teach you not to play with fire? Because I am that fire... The fire they call Wes.
- Wes
The entire Triple Threat is pretty funny. Such huge egos despite being just a bunch of mid-chapter bosses.

Also...
- Matagroth
Nothing really funny about him. He's just badass. No bridges will get crossed with him around. Plus, I'm just a sucker for mini bosses who lampshade the fact that engaging them probably wasn't the right move, assuming they are right about it. And Matagroth most definitely is.

The chapter also has Jimsund
"One must be paid. Hence, another must die."
Probably marks the moment I fell in love with the localization. Such a cute eloquent way of phrasing a very clichéd statement.

But I think I'm gonna pick Saja
Showing up in the final map on Therenius side, only one thing is known about her: She is here for revenge for the death of her lover.
Who was said lover? No idea. Only thing stated about them is that they were an equester. And even just going by mini bosses, that's a lot of possible candidates, but the implication seems to be that it was some generic.
It's kinda like in FE4's 3rd chapter, where you meet a girl whose boyfriend is one of Eldigan's Cross Knights, who of course you end up killing. But it's still significantly different.
With the generic Cross Knight, you got other people to blame. You can easily deflect blame on Shagaal or Eldigan for forcing the fight. We had to defend ourselves, after all. None of this is our fault.
But you can't do that with Saja, because you don't know anything about the circumstances of the equester's death. Lots of equesters died to the Meledian army, after all.
Someone tells you that you killed the person they loved and the only thing you can respond is...

And there is just something powerful about finding yourself in a position where you realize you killed so many people that you don't even know who people are trying to avenge. That you don't even know which pile of corpses there were in.

Edited by BrightBow

2 hours ago, BrightBow said:

Showing up in the final map on Therenius side, only one thing is known about her: She is here for revenge for the death of her lover.
Who was said lover? No idea. Only thing stated about them is that they were an equester. And even just going by mini bosses, that's a lot of possible candidates, but the implication seems to be that it was some generic.

This is absolutely brilliant.

6 hours ago, BrightBow said:

First thought would be...

Didn't your mama teach you not to play with fire? Because I am that fire... The fire they call Wes.
- Wes
The entire Triple Threat is pretty funny. Such huge egos despite being just a bunch of mid-chapter bosses.

Also...
- Matagroth
Nothing really funny about him. He's just badass. No bridges will get crossed with him around. Plus, I'm just a sucker for mini bosses who lampshade the fact that engaging them probably wasn't the right move, assuming they are right about it. And Matagroth most definitely is.

The chapter also has Jimsund
"One must be paid. Hence, another must die."
Probably marks the moment I fell in love with the localization. Such a cute eloquent way of phrasing a very clichéd statement.

It's kinda like in FE4's 3rd chapter, where you meet a girl whose boyfriend is one of Eldigan's Cross Knights, who of course you end up killing. But it's still significantly different.
With the generic Cross Knight, you got other people to blame. You can easily deflect blame on Shagaal or Eldigan for forcing the fight. We had to defend ourselves, after all. None of this is our fault.
But you can't do that with Saja, because you don't know anything about the circumstances of the equester's death. Lots of equesters died to the Meledian army, after all.
Someone tells you that you killed the person they loved and the only thing you can respond is...

And there is just something powerful about finding yourself in a position where you realize you killed so many people that you don't even know who people are trying to avenge. That you don't even know which pile of corpses there were in.

Is this like Kaga saga stuff or a completely unrelated series? Because I don't recognize any of those names (apart from Blight).

On 3/21/2022 at 3:34 AM, AnonymousSpeed said:

Oi, I just put him there cuz I knew people would rally behind it.

The real best minor boss is Haitaka. Joins early, noice stats, good class, useful skills. Is optional too, so you can just kill him. What else you need in a man?

Edited by Imuabicus

15 hours ago, BrightBow said:

Sounds more like minor FE4 boss Musar from chapter 9. One of the few things we know about him is that he seeks revenge against a Sillesian knight in your army that killed his unnamed father...

1 hour ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Sounds more like minor FE4 boss Musar from chapter 9. One of the few things we know about him is that he seeks revenge against a Sillesian knight in your army that killed his unnamed father...

That dude also has holy blood which brings up a whole lot of headscratchers. Maybe they wanted him to be the son of one of Lewyn's uncles, only Lewyn's uncles themselves don't have Holy Blood. So he's like, Lewyn's grandfather's brother's great grandson? Or something.

8 hours ago, Imuabicus said:

Oi, I just put him there cuz I knew people would rally behind it.

The real best minor boss is Haitaka. Joins early, noice stats, good class, useful skills. Is optional too, so you can just kill him. What else you need in a man?

Son of a gun, you played us all like fiddles.

Haitaka is another really good answer for entirely different reasons. His Hoshidan combat is really snazzy, an actually iconic Conquest unit.

Oh wait, there's one I forgot.

Get ready boys.

It's time to r e t u r n   t o https://fireemblemwiki.org/wiki/Monke

19 hours ago, Jotari said:

An appearance in Birthright.

Just imagine Oboro as a guy and you are close enough.

11 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

It's time to r e t u r n   t o https://fireemblemwiki.org/wiki/Monke

Dread it

Run from it

You cannot escape it

Kaga did it first.

Even internet culture. 

11 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

an actually iconic Conquest unit.

Spoiler

cf5.thumb.png.2087f83667f5a2c036df1e8b12d07840.png

21 minutes ago, Imuabicus said:

Just imagine Oboro as a guy and you are close enough.

Hide contents

I actually did think Oboro was a guy when I first played the game 😅

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/21/2022 at 3:55 PM, vanguard333 said:

Jarod and Valtome are good, but they are not minor bosses. Jarod is the main villain of part 1 and Valtome is the main villain for much of part 3.

Uwee hwee hwee. Valtome, minor? Perish the thought!

Anyway, if I were picking a minor boss from Radiant Dawn to adulate, it'd be Septimus. His paranoia about laguz coming to eat him... actually turns out to be totally true. Let a Gallian finish him off in 3-8 for style points.

On 3/23/2022 at 3:56 AM, Emperor Hardin said:

There's a list of memorable small fry bosses, I'll try to do a post with one from each game.

Ooh, I'd be here to check that out. Maybe a "favorite minor boss per game" thread?

3 hours ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

Uwee hwee hwee. Valtome, minor? Perish the thought!

Anyway, if I were picking a minor boss from Radiant Dawn to adulate, it'd be Septimus. His paranoia about laguz coming to eat him... actually turns out to be totally true. Let a Gallian finish him off in 3-8 for style points.

Ooh, I'd be here to check that out. Maybe a "favorite minor boss per game" thread?

Yes, Septimus is excellent. His underling who's pretty sick of shit you fight during his first appearance is great too.