Legendary Hero - Myrrh: Guardian Dragon

Ice Dragon

She looks fine as Legendary Hero, but nothing really new here that we didnt see before in others Heroes. She has a new status effect, but ehh...

She may be annoying to me since I use Bridal Catria in Arena, but outside that Catria should be able to deal with her in combat.

I was not baited by this banner at all.

Also, according to the notification for this trailer, in June we will have a Legendary Hero Banner instead of a Mythic Hero one. This means that July is a Mythic Hero.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

Me: *Predicts Legendary Myrrh for the better part of a year*

Game on those months: Lol nope.

Me: "Actually, I don't think it's going to be Myrrh this time because reasons."

Game: It's Myrrh this time.

Me:

0iRwH1O.jpg

Well, I guess if any Sacred Stones character other than Eirika and Ephraim was going to be a Legendary, Myrrh would be it. She looks good, and has nice art, but I don't feel particularly tempted to shell out a bunch of orbs for her.

Myrrh sounds even more like Illya than she usually does. Cute.

I really would have liked Myrrh to have been any color other than blue. We already have 5 blue dragon fliers and only 2 of each other color.

Her weapon and Dragon Wall combine to a total of 58% damage reduction, which is nice. Also has follow-up prevention and a guaranteed follow-up, and if her Spd is not too terrible, considering she gets +5 Spd from her weapon, that's probably good enough to block follow-ups from slower attackers. It would've been nice if she also got the defensive half of Null Follow-Up like her normal version does, though.

Def/Res Unity is a bit underwhelming, though it's nice for the occasional opponent running Atk/Def Menace instead of Atk/Spd Menace in the Arena. Still underwhelming, though.

No Iote's Shield means she's still vulnerable to Duo Chrom, though having color advantage against him kind of helps since it lowers his damage to the equivalent of weapon triangle advantage with no effective damage. Hopefully, she's bulky enough to just shrug him aside regardless, but being a flying unit and having a C skill that grants field buffs instead of a combat buff, making her vulnerable to Lull, sets my expectations for that pretty low.

Duo Dagr is potentially going to be a problem for her to deal with, though.

Warp Bubble isn't particularly useful in the Arena, but it doesn't hurt, I guess.

As for the banner as a whole, blue is, of course, stacked. Merges on Caeda would be nice, and Byleth is extra copies of Ruptured Sky that I can finally use as fodder as well as Atk/Spd Ideal 4.

None of the other colors matter for me. I'll probably prioritize green, then red, then colorless when there are no blue orbs to pull. I can still use merges for Byleth and Eliwood.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Gotta be honest, L!Myrrh doesn't seem that impressive at all. If I spend any orbs on this banner, it'll actually be on colorless because my Ascended-less streak needs to end at some point (and I also don't have Bramimond still).

Also, rip getting Sothis Nega as a Mythic next month. I guess IS wanted Mythics to go back to the odd months so they can do something like Letizia in September and Embla + Elm in November (because Book VI shouldn't be over before the end of October). 

Tiki, Fae, and now Myrrh... are there any other vaguely lore-important dragon lolis who can be turned into Blue Dragons in their Legendary alt? Maybe they could be a Cav unit for a fully rounded out team of move types.

Myrrh's base weapon comes with almost all of the effects that she normally likes, namely damage reduction and guaranteed follow-up. Weird she doesn't still want higher Def, but not a big deal. Darkling Guardian looks like a more defensive version of LegF!Byleth's prf skill, and Warp Bubble could prove annoying if not accounted for... but it's not Canto Control, so at least retreating after attacking her is still possible.

Pretty sure she'd rather have DC, but otherwise maybe DRunity can be useful on a Save Tank who already has the effects of Close/Distant Def and Stance elsewhere? Dragon Wall has become decently common (albeit on limited time units) so I wouldn't consider Myrrh the premier source of it...

As for the rest of the banner:

• LegEliwood, Neimi, and Priam are pretty good, not sure if they're specifically worth summoning for though.
  • With LegF!Byleth and LegCaeda, Blue is already the focus thanks to Myrrh but otherwise pretty solid as-is (I'm honestly not convinced LegCaeda is as good as she could be, but that could just be my opinion being soured by my trying to use her...)
  • Dagr, LegEdelgard, and LegM!Byleth are all good units.
  • Brammimond, LegClaude, and Asended Joshua are either good or a Mythic unit.

...yeah it's just overall a good banner. Not amazing though, and I don't find value in Legendary Heroes unless they're particularly good, so I can safely skip.

The usual translation things:

Myrrh's epithet, "Guardian Dragon", is "護りし竜人" (mamorishi ryūjin), "Guardian Mamkute". The word "竜人" (ryūjin) literally means "dragon-person", so I'm translating it as "mamkute" rather than "dragon". What's this "manakete" you speak of? I've never head of such a thing.

Godly Breath is "竜神のブレス" (ryūjin no buresu), "Dragon God's Breath".

Def/Res Unity is "守備魔防の連帯" (shubi mabō no rentai), "Def/Res Solidarity".

Darkling Guardian is "闇の樹海の守護竜" (yami no jukai no shugoryū), "Guardian Dragon of the Forest of Darkness". "闇の樹海" (yami no jukai), "Forest of Darkness", is the Japanese name of the Darkling Woods. The word "樹海" (jukai) literally means "sea of trees" and typically refers to a forest with denser foliage.

Warp Bubble is "敵ワープ抑制" (teki wāpu yokusei), "Enemy Warp Suppression".

The banner doesn't seem very impressive. Still, the best colors are Blue and Green with Colorless a little behind. Red sucks. 

As for L!Myrrh. She's ok, will probably end up slightly underrated but won't be OP just like L!Caeda. Her exclusive C-skill is pretty good, it has the more unique part of Detailed Report aka stopping Teleport shenanigans and stops the follow-ups of her foes. It is a status effect so she'll be stopped by Elimine if one tries to use L!Myrrh on AR-D during Anima season, but she's probably better on Dark season alongside Medeus. Her Prf is kinda meh, Slaying, -5 stats in-combat to her foe, follow-up attack, adaptive damage and 30% dmg reduction if she's near allies or initiates combat. Those are good effects, but her class really hampers the tank role her base kit makes her out to be. I think L!Myrrh might work a bit better as a H&R unit using a Trace skill rather than trying to be a tank. 

Probably a little better than the average Legendary banner these days, though red is a bit of a drag on it. But unless there's like 3+ reds, I'll probably just hit up a full round and call it there. Besides Myrrh, the most desirable units for me are probably F Byleth, Dagr, Ascendant Josh and Claude. I'm just playing passively at the moment anyway, just picking up the low-hanging orbs and therefore need to manage summons accordingly.

It is no longer Morbin' Time. It is now Myrrhbin' Time.

Her PRF weapon is funky at first glance, but I actually think it's really oppressive because she gets its full effects on Player Phase, so she can sit near her allies on Enemy Phase and then lunge forward while her allies follow behind. It sounds very mean with a Far Save armor to ward off Bows.

She is not bad, although she got some glaring trade offs compared to other tanks. As a Legendary Hero, she is not ideal to run in Aether Raids, and she will want a Far Save tank to patch up her flying weakness, and she is still vulnerable to being Lunged. And with Darkling Guardian on C, she will not have access to Pulse Smoke, which can cause issues from Lunging Galeforcers wreaking the backline. She will also need Stance on A.

As an Arena unit against other Legendary Heroes, I think she is going to get wrecked on Earth Season (Nanna: Beloved Princess is very common; Julia: Crusader of Light) and especially Fire Season (Marth: Hero-King; Edelgard: Flame Emperor; Eitri: Youthful Sage; maybe Lilina: Firelight Leader; maybe Celica: Queen of Valentia depending on her future Refine).

Edited by XRay

49 minutes ago, XRay said:

She is not bad, although she got some glaring trade offs compared to other tanks. As a Legendary Hero, she is not ideal to run in Aether Raids, and she will want a Far Save tank to patch up her flying weakness, and she is still vulnerable to being Lunged. And with Darkling Guardian on C, she will not have access to Pulse Smoke, which can cause issues from Lunging Galeforcers wreaking the backline. She will also need Stance on A.

As an Arena unit against other Legendary Heroes, I think she is going to get wrecked on Earth Season (Nanna: Beloved Princess is very common; Julia: Crusader of Light) and especially Fire Season (Marth: Hero-King; Edelgard: Flame Emperor; Eitri: Youthful Sage; maybe Lilina: Firelight Leader; maybe Celica: Queen of Valentia depending on her future Refine).

I haven't seen Lunge in ages in Aether Raids. Ever since Save tanks have become the norm, Lunge has fallen off almost completely. Even if you do run into an opponent running Lunge, you should still have a team running Near Save in the back as a contingency plan (or just use a ladder).

There's honestly little point trying to tank in the high Arena these days outside of baiting out a dancer or something to that effect (which Myrrh can't do because it's unlikely a dancer will deal enough damage to her to want to attack). Myrrh in the Arena is probably better off running a bulky wall breaker build. Something like

Legendary Myrrh [+Atk / +Res]
Godly Breath
[Assist]
[Special]
Mirror Impact (switch to Mirror Surge when it's released) / Atk/Res Catch 4 / Def/Res Catch 4
Dragon Wall 3
Darkling Guardian
Atk/Res Solo 3

Also, I'm pretty sure Myrrh will have no problem tanking Legendary Lilina.

Not the most exciting, but she looks fine. I'm missing all three blue units so I'll take a shot at picking up one of them. I'm more interested in Caeda, though.

Honestly? Didn't even watch the trailer this time. I'm just not interested at all. I'm kind of glad it wasn't Bruno like some people were guessing, though, since I want to save up orbs. So, in the end, it's kind of a win for me.

3 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I haven't seen Lunge in ages in Aether Raids. Ever since Save tanks have become the norm, Lunge has fallen off almost completely. Even if you do run into an opponent running Lunge, you should still have a team running Near Save in the back as a contingency plan (or just use a ladder).

There's honestly little point trying to tank in the high Arena these days outside of baiting out a dancer or something to that effect (which Myrrh can't do because it's unlikely a dancer will deal enough damage to her to want to attack). Myrrh in the Arena is probably better off running a bulky wall breaker build. Something like

Legendary Myrrh [+Atk / +Res]
Godly Breath
[Assist]
[Special]
Mirror Impact (switch to Mirror Surge when it's released) / Atk/Res Catch 4 / Def/Res Catch 4
Dragon Wall 3
Darkling Guardian
Atk/Res Solo 3

Also, I'm pretty sure Myrrh will have no problem tanking Legendary Lilina.

Not everyone runs full Save tank teams. Super tank teams still exist, and so do hybrid super tank and Save tank teams which seem very popular.

Lilina: Firelight Leader with the new Still Water and Life and Death Sacred Seal should have comparable Res, negating the Dragon Wall trigger or significantly weaken it, and having only one stack of damage reduction is not really going to do much.

11 hours ago, XRay said:

Not everyone runs full Save tank teams. Super tank teams still exist, and so do hybrid super tank and Save tank teams which seem very popular.

Whether or not you yourself use a Save team doesn't change the fact that the prevalence of Lunge has dropped significantly because enough other people use Save teams. Currently, I see Lunge about once every two weeks at most.

11 hours ago, XRay said:

Lilina: Firelight Leader with the new Still Water and Life and Death Sacred Seal should have comparable Res, negating the Dragon Wall trigger or significantly weaken it, and having only one stack of damage reduction is not really going to do much.

That's still only 46 visible Res and 52 Res in combat with merges and Dragonflowers. Myrrh's visible Res is likely to be within a point or two neutral and slightly higher with a Res Asset that Lilina typically doesn't run. Even if Myrrh is running a player-phase A skill, she still has 5 Res from her weapon and 6 Res from her Sacred Seal in combat, giving her a total advantage of 5 points on top of whatever she already had from her visible stat.

If we assume that Myrrh's visible Res is exactly the same as Lilina's, that's only 18 damage from Gifted Magic and 6 damage in combat, which is nowhere near enough to kill Myrrh.

Of course, this is also assuming that players are actually going to switch Lilina from running Life and Death to running Still Water. There will be a few that do, but I don't think enough players will to actually make a difference. Having the extra 5 Spd is generally more useful than having the extra 10 Res. The extra Res only helps Lilina break Dragon Wall, whereas the extra Spd helps her potentially double against slow, bulky units and also helps her activate the occasional Windsweep against them.

EDIT: @XRay With actual stats:

Spoiler

It turns out Myrrh's Res with an Asset is 1 less than Lilina's neutral Res.

Even if Lilina is running her most popular A/R Far Trace 3 in the B slot, she's still only dealing 19+10 damage with the Still Water build, which is still not enough to kill Myrrh. Even running Lull Atk/Res to get rid of Myrrh's Res bonus doesn't make a big enough difference because it only affects the in-combat damage.

Lilina has a really hard time breaking high-Res blue units due to the fact that her damage output is weighted more towards in-combat damage than other units running AoE Specials due to the fact that the damage multiplier on her Special is only 0.8 instead of 1.5, which leaves her more vulnerable to weapon triangle disadvantage. This isn't noticeable most of the time, but once you go against opponents with high Res, she'll fall off much faster at weapon triangle disadvantage than other units that run AoE Specials.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Because knowing stats is half the battle:

Spoiler

https://i.redd.it/qmb5dj8jwp291.png

I don't feel like calculating for superboons/superbanes, but according to the reddit thread this image was posted on, Myrrh actually has the Trainee stat modifiers, meaning lower Lv1 base stats but higher growth rates.

1 hour ago, Xenomata said:

I don't feel like calculating for superboons/superbanes,

Spoiler

HP-, Atk+, Spd+, Res+

182 stat total, which explains why she has three superboons, as Duo Sothis (183) and Fallen Lilith (184) have the same 5-star level 1 base stats (44) and growth rates (320).

I wondered if Myrrh #4 would be a Legendary. And honestly, even though I have too many blue breath units already, I'm glad she's blue simply because running full Myrrh Emblem means you've got a Myrrh in all four colors. XD

Now watch as I pull two of her in a row, 'cause that's exactly what I did with the last two Legendary/Mythic blue dragons (Seiros and Fae) on their respective banners. Third time's the charm, huh.

...Oh, and I'm pulling for red or blue as I have none of those featured heroes.