Special Heroes - Bite of Flame

Jave

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been thinking for a while about what kinds of other easy-to-use 500 SP skills could be added to FEH and just yesterday I was thinking of making a thread about it, and here we are with Lyn's new Special! I'm really curious what the inheritance restrictions will be. If Armors could use this it'd be pretty useful on fast Save Tanks like V!Lucina (and BK) for example~

1 hour ago, Mercakete said:

Seriously glad he's here; I feel like he'd be really curious about a group called the Flame Tribe and would explore this.

Agreed! While I doubt we'd see this happen, it'd be hilarious if he thought it was a celebration for him specifically and was too caught up in the festivities to bail as soon as he was proven wrong xD

Anyway, I really like seeing new themes and if past patterns hold, Tana will probably be our freebie next AHR 😛 Like everyone else though, I think it's daft that the one who actually belongs in this event is the demote. But at least Rinkah fans will have an easier time building her?

I'm probably skipping this banner though. A part of me would like to get Tana, but it's not an urgent need or anything (also, I need to recover from CYL). Best of luck to those pulling here!

Edit: As others said, clearly IS loves the Finish skills as much as the community does, given Lyn's A Skill is just a super Finish (RIP Laws of Sacae II). Also, the traditional outfits are really cool on everyone!

Edited by DefyingFates

43 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Edit: As others said, clearly IS loves the Finish skills as much as the community does, given Lyn's A Skill is just a super Finish (RIP Laws of Sacae II). Also, the traditional outfits are really cool on everyone!

The special has also Finish condition.

"If unit's Spd ≥ foe's Spd-4 and unit’s Special is ready or unit's Special triggered during combat, deals damage = 15% of unit's Spd. When Special triggers, reduces damage from foe's attack by 40%. (Special triggers only if unit’s Spd ≥ foe's Spd-4)"

So as long the special is ready, all her attacks will deal extra 15% unit's Spd damage.

Looks like that's the new thing now.

Honestly, I would prefer for her to not have a Prf A skill and have Atk/Spd Finish 4 instead.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

1 hour ago, DefyingFates said:

Agreed! While I doubt we'd see this happen, it'd be hilarious if he thought it was a celebration for him specifically and was too caught up in the festivities to bail as soon as he was proven wrong xD

Oh man that would be hilarious! XD I could totally see that happening! Already, the mask he's wearing is of his dragon form instead of just an oni.

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:

The special has also Finish condition

I forgot to mention that, thanks! But yeah, IS is clearly proud of their work with Finish.

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Honestly, I would prefer for her to not have a Prf A skill and have Atk/Spd Finish 4 instead.

IS gave themselves a rule that alts need to have their past selves' Prf Skills if they had any (except Ninja Lyn since Laws of Sacae was just that bad) and they finally have something for Lyn that they can be proud of, go easy on them~

...but seriously, it would have been nice to have a second Finish skill in the game right away - at least for the whales, since this is a seasonal banner and all.

Mmm....I think the Wind Tribe might have been the more interesting one to focus on. Because the Fire Tribe was kind of a non entity even by Fateslandia standards. 

Kind of a weak banner all around without much rhyme or reason for the people on it. I guess having someone of Muspel in a fire festival banner makes sense but the rests are all really random and unconnected to each other.

The best addition is Tana. I always liked her, but I'm not sure why Peony is her backpack. I guess you could say Tana's kinda childish and that this might prompt her to besties with Peony, but that's still kind of a stretch.

Lyn's great and all but this is like her eight alt, and she strikes me the most as the candidate put forth by the marketing department. Her being all alone makes it more noticeable that its the marketing department's doing. Her cheering on Nils, hanging out with another Sacean or being with Eliwood would have been cute, but instead she's just there so the banner makes more money.

Muspell never sat well with me. Him being extremely evil while looking and sounding like a rowdy teenager ensured he never connected with me. And I never quite forgave FEH for not literally making him an angry sun like Sharena promised us.

Rinka makes perfect sense for the banner and has good art, but having Hayato, Izana THE Izana or Felicia cosplay with clothes of a clan not their own might have been more interesting. 

So in short my orbs are pretty safe.

2 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

I'm really curious what the inheritance restrictions will be.

The skill is basically a combination of Finish and Dodge. There's a chance it'll have the less restrictive Finish restrictions (infantry only), but it's a bit more likely it'll share its restrictions with Dodge (sword, lance, and axe infantry only).

At the very least, I don't think it'll have less restrictive restrictions than Finish.

35 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

The best addition is Tana. I always liked her, but I'm not sure why Peony is her backpack. I guess you could say Tana's kinda childish and that this might prompt her to besties with Peony, but that's still kind of a stretch.

They’re both cheery younger sisters with a brooding older sibling (Innes, Triandra) and are both best friends the main female lord (Eirika, Sharena). That’s about the best I can come up with.

Oh, and there’s also Tana’s Resplendent. Though since I brought Resplendents up, Lyn happened to get a Nifl Resplendent (where she was also drawn by cuboon too) so now I’m not sure what to think.

14 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Oh, and there’s also Tana’s Resplendent. Though since I brought Resplendents up, Lyn happened to get a Nifl Resplendent (where she was also drawn by cuboon too) so now I’m not sure what to think.

Tana's Resplendent outfit relates her to her paired character, not to the banner's theme.

Lyn having a Nifl-themed Resplendent outfit shouldn't really matter. And, it makes sense to have more different outfits rather than more same outfits anyways. (Meanwhile, Brave Lyn is literally just in her regular outfit. Can we please get a Resplendent Brave Lyn already? Preferably Nidavellir? Though I wouldn't mind Jotunheim either.)

The last Heroes Harmonic was Caeda/Peony, back in July 2021. The six Harmonics from the year since then (Leif/Seliph, Lysithea/Lute, Azura/Leanne, Sonya/Tharja, Roy/Eliwood, and Edelgard/Altina) include one each from 2/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/13/14 and two from Three Houses, leaving Heroes, Shadow Dragon, and TMS as the only games that did not get a Harmonic over that timeframe. Given that they seem to be avoiding TMS, the next up may be Shadow Dragon.

Another reason for Peony to be there is that having a dancer as the backpack is the standard for dance Harmonic effects. Although the fact that we already have a Heroes Harmonic who does that is a bit odd. (It's also shared between Caeda/Peony and the other SD Harmonic, Tiki/Ninian.) This does cause FE8 to join Heroes, FE1, FE4, FE7, FE9, Fates, and Three Houses on the list of games with dancing Harmonic effects, so that's something at least.

Edited by Othin

44 minutes ago, Othin said:

The last Heroes Harmonic was Caeda/Peony, back in July 2021. The six Harmonics from the year since then (Leif/Seliph, Lysithea/Lute, Azura/Leanne, Sonya/Tharja, Roy/Eliwood, and Edelgard/Altina) include one each from 2/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/13/14 and two from Three Houses, leaving Heroes, Shadow Dragon, and TMS as the only games that did not get a Harmonic over that timeframe. Given that they seem to be avoiding TMS, the next up may be Shadow Dragon.

Another reason for Peony to be there is that having a dancer as the backpack is the standard for dance Harmonic effects. Although the fact that we already have a Heroes Harmonic who does that is a bit odd. (It's also shared between Caeda/Peony and the other SD Harmonic, Tiki/Ninian.) This does cause FE8 to join Heroes, FE1, FE4, FE7, FE9, Fates, and Three Houses on the list of games with dancing Harmonic effects, so that's something at least.

Caeda is paired with Plumeria not Peony.  I think you are right that the next harmonic might have SD and I am betting on the winter banner since they seem to have moved to a 2 month break between harmonic now.

As to the banner I am going for Muspell and Tana since one is a male dragon and the other is a harmonic.

53 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

Caeda is paired with Plumeria not Peony.  I think you are right that the next harmonic might have SD and I am betting on the winter banner since they seem to have moved to a 2 month break between harmonic now.

As to the banner I am going for Muspell and Tana since one is a male dragon and the other is a harmonic.

Right, yeah. That would have been even sillier.

I think the reason we got two back to back duos in Jul/Aug is that we got back to back harmonics in May/Jun. They still seem to be alternating most of the time, although last year they did back to back duos in Oct/Nov to bring back the galeforce duo effect for the ninja banner. But this year probably won't have a ninja banner.

2 hours ago, Othin said:

Would be cool if the Harmonized Skill had something extra, to not be the same skill again (even though the 2 ranged dance is very good).

Since Tana is with Peony, she could also grant the Orders buff when the skill is used.

37 minutes ago, Othin said:

Right, yeah. That would have been even sillier.

I think the reason we got two back to back duos in Jul/Aug is that we got back to back harmonics in May/Jun. They still seem to be alternating most of the time, although last year they did back to back duos in Oct/Nov to bring back the galeforce duo effect for the ninja banner. But this year probably won't have a ninja banner.

True though my thought is they don't want to give a f2p sparkable duo ( the only one was duo Ephraim) since every winter banner that has had that has had a harmonic, plus they seem to like to have duos on the New Year's banner and I don't think the next one will be different.

4 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

and are both best friends the main female lord (Eirika, Sharena).

I don't know if I'd call Sharena a lord. She's in charge of introducing new heroes (hence her whole "Sharena introduces you to the heroes" website), not the game's main story. The main story is Alfonse's mode (which is part of why I don't care that Sharena and Anna don't get much spotlight in it, just like how I'm not mad that Alfonse never introduces heroes to the player. They just have different roles in the grand scheme of the game.) Sharena's more of a "part of the lord's close companions" character (specifically, the little sister, like Lissa or Mist.)

I didn't expect that we're getting Flame Tribe seasonal outfits this year. I definitely know that Fates have the only playable Flame Tribe character in the party is Rinkah makes more sense to see why she was in this Banner. But seeing Lyn, Tana, and Poeny is definitely surprising. I definitely saw Flame Tribe Tana is actually showing more skin than her Beach Alt, I'm guess she was ok with it since she did mention she did enjoyed swimming. I definitely wondered why Poeny is a Duo Hero partner for Tana unless if it has something to do with the Alt. Costume for Resplendent Heroes?

I definitely wondered what Mordecai is there in the Flame Tribe Festival for exactly? (I do wonder if they're putting Mordecai because of the Laguz Cats were in the Hoshido Festivals like Lethe, Lyre, and Kyza were in the New Years Festivals?)

Edited by King Marth 64

5 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

The skill is basically a combination of Finish and Dodge. There's a chance it'll have the less restrictive Finish restrictions (infantry only), but it's a bit more likely it'll share its restrictions with Dodge (sword, lance, and axe infantry only).

While the DR makes me worried it'll be the latter, I'm hoping it's at least the former, if not even more relaxed... though despite what I said earlier, a Speedy Save Tank with this actually sounds horrifying, so I'm not sure that's a good idea anymore. A!Fjorm could probably use it though. Maybe even get more out of it than she does Ice Mirror~

Edited by DefyingFates

5 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Tana's Resplendent outfit relates her to her paired character, not to the banner's theme.

Yes, that's what I meant. I was only talking about the banner theme in relation to Lyn and her Resplendent. That part was supposed to be somewhat of a bad joke.

1 hour ago, Mercakete said:

I don't know if I'd call Sharena a lord.

Look, I'm just trying to make Sharena feel important because she sure isn't getting that from her own creators. They won't even give her any more alts despite already having a swimsuit design for her that they could use for a Summer alt.

4 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Look, I'm just trying to make Sharena feel important because she sure isn't getting that from her own creators. They won't even give her any more alts despite already having a swimsuit design for her that they could use for a Summer alt.

Sure she is. She has a whole "introduces to the heroes" thing, like I said. Also, she's happy as long as she can make friends with lots of heroes.

Stats and skill inheritances [SPOILERS]:

Spoiler

bz4v7u3mw4m91.png

Mordecai
Super Asset(s): Atk, Res
Super Flaw(s): Spd, Def
*Fort. Def/Res 2 is the 4 star unlock.

Tana & Peony
Super Asset(s): Atk, Spd
Super Flaw(s): HP, Def

Muspell
Super Asset(s): Atk
Super Flaw(s): HP, Spd, Def, Res

Lyn
Super Asset(s): Atk, Spd
Super Flaw(s): HP
*Godlike Reflexes is inheritable, but requires Escutcheon and is limited to infantry swords, lances and axes (aka the same unit type restrictions as Vital Astra).

Rinkah
Super Asset(s): Spd, Def
Super Flaw(s): HP, Res
*Atk/Spd Ideal 3 is the 4 star unlock.

Edited by Tybrosion

Those are some really nice 4* unlocks for Mordecai and Rinkah! Of course Rinkah's inherent value is complicated a bit by her being seasonal, but still!

As for Godlike Reflexes' restrictions:

Spoiler

I was prepared for it to be as strict as Vital Astra, but it still sucks to see. It could have opened the door for other kinds of speedy infantry tanks if it had just been locked to infantry, for example 😕

49 minutes ago, jameslove001 said:

I mean…fire festival and we still decide to ignore (the absolute perfect way to introduce him into the game) Tormod?

Can you explain it more, how would this banner be the perfect way to introduce him? I don't remember Tormod that much since I only played the Tellius series once.