Feh Channel - September 14th, 2022

Fire Emblem Fan

Rearmed Heroes, huh. A free inheritance is nice, but inheritable prf-level weapons sound like they could have some weird impacts. And featuring them alongside Ascended Heroes makes me worried about the possibility that, once again, they'll use them as reason to cut down on new unit slots a few months later. And if they're not including them in the regular summoning pool, I hope they'll at least be on a proper schedule rather than taking Ephraim's place in limbo.

The actual banner... well, it's certainly a banner. I don't actually know anything about Three Hopes, honestly.

Hall of Forms reruns sound a bit odd. Did anyone actually want a rerun of the TMS banner? Although I'd be down for another shot at Winter Zephiel, looks like his event ran a few months later.

Well I save some orbs as the main unit I want is Shez female and she looks like she is acquired through other means. Probably going to focus on Lyn and then look at going for Hilda

Also I think the main point with the revivals of hall of form revival is not so much this one but getting a second chance at any of them.

Edited by vikingsfan92

Rearmed Heroes' gimmick of not getting used up after skill inheritance is nice at least. Would've been nice if that was how skill inheritance worked, but eh. Lif is apparently the guy who gets screamo music cutscenes too.

Too bad Lif is on the Warriors banner though. I would've skipped this, but I really want Lif (who is legit one of the few OCs I actually like). Giving f!Shez an axe to differentiate her from her male counterpart is fine, but whyyyyyy did they have to stick the guy with a sword? They did this with m!Kris and f!Kris, where the guy was the one who got stuck with sword. Can we stop giving all the protagonists swords already?

I don't know, it's weird how they're releasing another type of Hero, you know? Ascended Heroes are still pretty recent. What, did they not sell well enough for IS?

EDIT: I wonder if TMS HoF being rerun is IS's way of saying that we will never get another TMS banner, or TMS content, even. I'd like to be wrong on this and get at least get one Harmonic, one Duo, and at least the two leftover dudes in the game but who knows.

Edited by Sunwoo

I guess Fleche killed Rodrigue again, but this time it was just because she's still mad about not being the CYL ballot and had to take it out on someone.

16 minutes ago, vikingsfan92 said:

Well I save some orbs as the main unit I want is Shez female and she looks like she is acquired through other means.

There'll be two 5* copies of her to obtain through quests, like they've done with certain other characters (like, mostly recently, Guy this past June).

14 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I don't know, it's weird how they're releasing another type of Hero, you know? Ascended Heroes are still pretty recent. What, did they not sell well enough for IS?

It's actually not weird at all if you think about it, because they've literally introduced a new type of Hero every year now.

2017: Legendary
2018: Mythic
2019: Duo
2020: Harmonized
2021: Ascended
2022: Rearmed

5 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I'm totally fine with Three Hopes characters being added to the game, but...we got Holst, Holst before we got base Felix or Dorothea. How does that happen? Hilda has, what, four versions now, and we still don't have base Felix? Hmm.

Why is Hilda so popular anyway? Or is she actually not THAT popular and Heroes just likes shoving her down everyone's throats? When I played 3H, she was just meh. Which is, in all honesty, how I felt about everyone except Ferdinand, Mercedes, and Claude. (And Edelgard, I guess, but for opposite reasons as the other three.)

3 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

It's actually not weird at all if you think about it, because they've literally introduced a new type of Hero every year now.

Oh, okay. That makes more sense. But even so ... Ascended Heroes feels so recent. Maybe I'm just slowly going insane irl.

Edited by Sunwoo

Inheritable prf-weapon sounds nice but IS being IS will probably makes those Prf less powerful, so really you just end up with 2 sword units that perform the same role and still get outclassed by other powerful unit. I mean it's not coincidence that Arcane Lif just happened to be a slow defensive Sword unit in 2022. Don't get me wrong, it's a nice concept but I really stopped having faith in IS at executing stuff like this anymore.

Why Ascended Hilda though. We got Monica as Edelgard's representative, Holst as Claude's, why can't it be someone from Dimitri's route to fill the third spot.  Not to mention Hilda is once again an axe infantry like her base self, wielding seemingly the same Freikugel but probably diff effect with Special Acceleration.

I like Shezes, they really grow on me during 3 Hopes gameplay. F! Shez axe doesn't look familiar, I wonder if it's inheritable or PRF.

27 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I'm totally fine with Three Hopes characters being added to the game, but...we got Holst, Holst before we got base Felix or Dorothea. How does that happen? Hilda has, what, four versions now, and we still don't have base Felix? Hmm.

Because... maybe IS doesn't prioritize adding base versions of characters as much as people think? Only when they fill it's time for a new heroes banner of that particular game?

I mean don't get me wrong, you are far from the only one who made that comment before and it's not necessarily bad to think about it. But the issue I see is that people think that IS should focus on adding the "normal" version of each popular character is complete bullshit.

Perhaps for them, just adding the character --no matter in what ridiculous costume they are wearing-- when the time is right is enough to serve its purpose. Even when it causes dumb stupid moments in Forging Bonds like Felix in a Santa costume talking seriously to Dedue or more recently, Summer Noire during the Awakening children shenanigans with Brave Chrom.

IS does whatever the hell they want. If it means adding another Hilda because she's popular, screw it they will do it because they know she sells.

Oh and also, the fact there's still quite a few characters are still stuck in "alt purgatory", further prove my previous point.

Edited by Nym

The in-game notification says that you can't run Arcane weapons alongside prf skills, so RIP anyone that wanted to give Arcane Lif's weapon to BK/Zelgius, L!Seliph or L!Ike. It seems these types of units are another way to let old units catch up a little to newer ones. Líf's sword is pretty nutty as it has Slaying, -6 Atk/Def on foe and Omnibreaker if the unit is healthy so it's going to my OG!Eirika as soon as I get him. Rearmed Heroes will also be a great boon for my +10 prfless TT+ units like Ninja Hana, Ilyana and ohers. Although I have to wonder how often these new units will be released. 

A!Hilda is a surprise, it seems someone on the dev team really likes her. She's one of my favorites from 3H so I'm obviously getting her, too. 

I didn't buy 3 Hopes so I know nothing about the Shezes or Monica, and Holst is just a background character for me.

The Hall of Forms reruns are going to be very nice, I'm expecting the one with B!Alm being one of the earliest ones to come back. 

I would just like to point out that this was Rearmed Lif's stat line as the TT+ boss:

51/39/43/21/24/178

...which apparently then becomes this as a playable unit:

41/43/29/41/26/180

Just a slight shift, nothing to see here clearly.

Also, this is what Holst's stat line is (assuming his Prf weapon grants +3 Atk): 42/43/41/35/26/187

52 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Giving f!Shez an axe to differentiate her from her male counterpart is fine, but whyyyyyy did they have to stick the guy with a sword? They did this with m!Kris and f!Kris, where the guy was the one who got stuck with sword. Can we stop giving all the protagonists swords already?

They did it with Corrin, too.

As someone who's always used female avatars, on one hand it feels kinda bad that the girl never gets the canon weapon type, but on the other hand it feels good that I'm not stuck with infantry swords all the time lmao. I'll take it.

Anyway...

They're finally getting to Three Hopes now? What weird-ass timing. They didn't do it when the game was fresh, nor did they wait a while until it was like a legacy thing. No, instead they do it a couple months later and right after a completely different FE title is announced. Was the demand for them just higher than IS actually expected?

Well, it's an easy skip for me. I care nothing for male Shez (and not much more for female Shez tbh) or Lif, and Monica, despite being the kind of character I should love, I actually found somewhat annoying and one-note. Hilda's cool, but not exactly a favorite.

Having inheritable exclusive-tier weapons is at least an okay solution for units who have outdated weapons and units that don't have an exclusive weapon and aren't in line to get one anytime in the near future. Obviously, it would be better to just give outdated weapons new refines, but this is at least a good thing for seasonal units, which weren't ever going to get exclusive weapons in the first place.

Being able to do skill inheritance without losing the original copy of the Rearmed Hero is pretty nice.

However, if I'm reading the in-game notification correctly (since it's in Japanese for me), it looks like once an Arcane weapon is foddered off to another unit, it cannot be foddered off again. That's a problem for anyone who wants to merge up a copy of Rearmed Lif quickly since it means you can't just fodder his weapon off to a placeholder unit to make the decision of who to give it to later. I think they should change that. It doesn't seem like there'd be any exploits that could happen by allowing the skill to be foddered again since doing so would erase the foddered unit like usual.

Also, according to the notification, Rearmed Heroes won't be added to the standard summoning pool, which means Lif is going to be stuck in limbo like Duo Ephraim was.

Back to the weapon itself, Arcane Eljudnir is just a really good weapon for all of the slow sword units out there, as it's basically just Coral Saber on crack.

I don't care enough about the Three Hopes banner to pull for more than the sparks. My wallet is already planned to go to the Flame banner. Two sparks is nice, though, since it means I can snipe red to focus on getting copies of Lif while still using a spark on Lif and another spark on Hilda for the floret.

Also, the timing of this banner makes zero sense since the game's been out for quite some time.

I have no horse in the race for reruns of Hall of Forms. The only thing that would make me care is if Forma units are allowed to be merged into Forma units because then I'd be able to get some better skills on some of the earlier Forma units, like Walhart.

8 minutes ago, MagicCanonBalls said:

Why Ascended Hilda though.

I mean, she consistently ranks pretty high in CYL.

In CYL 4, she was 6th out of the non-"Lord" Three Houses characters (counting the house leaders and Byleth as "Lords").

In CYL 5, she was 7th out of the non-"Lord" Three Houses characters (if you count Lysithea, who wasn't on the ballot, as above her).

In CYL 6, she was 6th out of the non-"Lord" Three Houses characters (if you count Lysithea, Gatekeeper, and Marianne as above her).

13 minutes ago, Florete said:

They did it with Corrin, too.

I could understand Corrin at least because they are canonically associated with dragonstones as well, even if it was seriously underutilized. Unless I'm mistaken I don't think f!Kris was associated with lances (or not!swords) in New Mystery promotional art. Nor was f!Shez particularly associated with axes over anything else.

On Arcane EdgelordSwordieSlashie as an inheritable weapon, its effects lean most toward units with high Atk and defensive stats but low Spd, considering fast units don't have much use for guaranteed follow-ups outside of breaking through Wary Fighter effects without NFU. Sword Armors would absolutely LOVE this weapon if their Prf sword didn't already favor heavy defensive effects, making any one them quite tricky Near Save units to break through. Even if the weapon didn't exactly fit though, it's an unarguably better Slaying Edge so if you already use that then there's literally no reason to switch over.

Also 999 Divine Dews? Hot damn!

Question, could a Forma unit be merged into a Forma unit? Probably not but it'd be nice if such were the case since the TMS rerun would mean a second chance at building a good Mamori without feeling like the first Mamori was wasted.

17 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

However, if I'm reading the in-game notification correctly (since it's in Japanese for me), it looks like once an Arcane weapon is foddered off to another unit, it cannot be foddered off again.

This is consistent with the English version.
Also worth noting that equipping the Arcane Weapon locks the unit out of using any other Prf skills, and Arcane Weapons will not be available in the Hall of Forms to anyone except the original wielder of the skill (which begs to question if a Forma Rearmed Hero can still be used for SI in the maybe 20 years it will be before any theoretical Rearmed Hero is made available in HoF?) Summoner can also use Arcane Weapons as long as anyone has the skill, whether they be Rearmed or some basic ass nobody.

And translation notes since the trailer is out:

Arcane Weapon is "魔器" (maki), "Magic Weapon".

Rearmed Hero is "魔器英雄" (maki eiyū), "Magic Weapon Hero".

The name of the banner, "New Heroes & Rearmed Lif", is "記念召喚 新英雄&開花英雄& 魔器リーヴ" (kinen shōkan: shin eiyū & kaika eiyū & maki rīvu), "Commemoration Summon: New Heroes & Blooming Hero & Magic Weapon Lif". As usual, "開花" (kaika), "blooming", is the word used for the Ascended Hero mechanic. Kind of late for a commemoration, though, isn't it?

Shez's epithet, "Rising Mercenary", is "新進気鋭の傭兵" (shinshin-kiei no yōhei), "Up-and-Coming Mercenary".

Crimson Blades is "朱傭兵の双剣" (shu-yōhei no sōken), "Crimson Mercenary's Dual Swords". Still allergic to the word "sword", I see.

Spd/Def Bulwark is "速さ守備の防壁" (hayasa shubi no bōheki), "Spd/Def Bulwark".

Monica's epithet, "Favored Vassal", is "女帝いちの家臣" (jotei-ichi no kashin), "The Empress's Favored Vassal".

Wind Genesis is "風呼びの根源" (kaze-yobi no kongen), "Wind-Calling's Origin".

Spd/Res Tempo is "速さ魔防の拍節" (hayasa mabō no hakusetsu), "Spd/Res Tempo".

Hilda's epithet, "Helping Hand", is "一肌脱ぎますか!" (hito-hada nugimasu ka!), "I Suppose I'll Give You a Hand!".

Fuming Freikugel is "劫火フライクーゲル" (gōka furaikūgeru), "World-Ending Flames, Freikugel". "劫火" (gōka) is a term from Buddhism meaning "flames that destroy the world". Alastor from Shakugan no Shana.

Velocity is "回避・拍節" (kaihi: hakusetsu), "Dodge: Tempo".

Lif's epithet, "Arcane Blade", is "魔器剣士" (maki kenshi), "Magic Weapon Swordsman". Same "magic weapon" as above, if you've already forgotten.

Arcane Eljudnir is "魔器エリューズニル" (maki eryūzuniru), "Magic Weapon Eljudnir".

Atk/Def Clash is "攻撃守備の激突" (kōgeki shubi no gekitotsu), "Atk/Def Clash".

Holst's epithet, "Hero of Leicester", is "レスターの勇者" (resutā no yūsha), "Hero of Leicester". "勇者" (yūsha), "hero", is the name of the Hero class, as opposed to "英雄" (eiyū), "hero", which is the word used for "Heroes" with a capital "h" in Heroes.

Warrior's Sword is "武人の鉄剣" (bujin no tekken), "Warrior's Iron Sword".

Shez's epithet, "Keen Mercenary", is "前途有為な傭兵" (zento-yūi na yōhei), "Mercenary With a Promising Future".

Crimson War-Axe is "朱傭兵の戦斧" (shu-yōhei no senpu), "Crimson Mercenary's Battle-Axe". "戦斧" (senpu), "battle-axe", can also be pronounced "ikusa-ono".

Edited by Ice Dragon

12 minutes ago, Aedan7479 said:

Are we all just ignoring the heavy metal Elephant in the room? Though I think I can guess everyone's thoughts:

"Cool, Lif getting more attention"

"Eir got shafted in her own story"

"I love this"

"This is cringe"

Or any combination of the above.

I think we're all just desensitized to Alfonse (and Lif by extension) upstaging the entire rest of the FEH OC cast by this point. There's nothing more to say about it when it's just the norm at this point.

I like Lif and Alfonse.

I just wish that IS were capable of devoting the same amount of decent writing into characters not named Lif and Alfonse too.

Ascended heroes are making even lesser sense now, if they ever had some of that, which is not surprising. At this point they’re just giving any popular female character an ascended alt.

The banner itself is weird, to put it in some way. Might try to pull for Shez, though.

Edit: rearmed heroes are translated as “mysterious heroes’ in Spanish, and I find that funny.

Edited by Karuu30
Random fact lol.

Líf: Arcane Blade is basically Líf on a horse, but a bit slower. Arcane Éljúðnir is really good as an inheritable Weapon for slow units, as it got Slaying, Guard, and omnibreaker.

Hilda: Helping Hand feels a lot like Hilda: Idle Maiden, except she gives her allies damage reduction instead of follow-up denial. As a combat unit, they are pretty similar too and share damage reduction, with the difference being the former having Slaying and true damage on Special triggers, whereas the latter got true damage on every hit. Velocity is really good though! I would say it is better than Spurn.

Shez: Rising Mercenary and Shez: Keen Mercenary (assuming same Weapon effects) is alright with a Meister Weapon that comes with Special charge. Tempo is better than Bulwark in this scenario to make sure Specials get triggered on time. Counter-Vantage could be an option too on some maps when enemies have less bulk.

Monica is decent too with Slaying and Desperation.

3 hours ago, Alexmender said:

The in-game notification says that you can't run Arcane weapons alongside prf skills, so RIP anyone that wanted to give Arcane Lif's weapon to BK/Zelgius, L!Seliph or L!Ike.

That's such an annoying restriction to add!!!

That said, Rearmed Heroes sound like great inheritance options for Grail projects that are never going to get Prf weapons (so Special heroes). I wonder how long we'll have to wait between them though: I assume Eir is going to be a Rearmed Hero too and is probably going to be a dagger too. W!Jaffar, maybe?

ALSO: I hope Rearmed Heroes have a reliable rerun rate so we aren't stuck with a Duo Ephraim situation again.

3 hours ago, Alexmender said:

The Hall of Forms reruns are going to be very nice, I'm expecting the one with B!Alm being one of the earliest ones to come back.

Good point. I'm personally excited for another chance to get Summer Laegjarn and H!Myrrh again. They're my biggest regrets so far... though who knows if I'll be able to get their ideal skills on them this time too?

2 hours ago, Aedan7479 said:

"Cool, Lif getting more attention"

"Eir got shafted in her own story"

Well... yeah. I like Lif too (and would like to get him from this banner if possible), but it's bizarre that Eir doesn't appear in this at all. I thought maybe this trailer would show the two fighting, but it was just Lif having a mental breakdown.

Also, his weapon description states he got it from Thorr, but Feh asked if he got it from Ganglot? I wonder if that's a goof or Feh was meant to be wrong there.

4 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

I wondered if IS would just alternate between Ascended and Rearmed Heroes going forward and this makes me think that'll be the case since each new Hero type came in a pair. I wonder what the next pair of gimmicks will be...

Also, seeing this has been going on for six years is... wow.

I really hate where this is going... Duo Ephraim prior to being dropped in the 4 star special pool always bugged me with him being the one unit in the game that was impossible to get unless you were lucky enough to partake in a rare event featuring him. Now it looks like we're going to have an ENTIRE new category of hero that is going to end up suffering that fate! If that's the case, I hope these Rearmed Heroes rarely happen. Despite my long time habit of getting every unit of every banner as soon as they debut, it still really bugs me knowing there are units that are "unobtainable". If a unit isn't in the normal pool and also isn't a special/seasonal unit with scheduled reruns, then it needs to be part of some reoccurring event that you can plan for in advance like the legendary/mythic heroes are. No unit in the game should be stuck in limbo

Going through all my sword units, I only counted 3 that are prf-less or have a prf weapon that is useless enough to want that new sword. Two of them being armored units and one being a unit I already gave the coral saber to. Hopefully I'll get lucky and Lif will go out of his way to prevent me from getting Shez over and over if I focus all my desire on wanting more copies of atk/spd oath 4. That way I can stock up on that weapon before it disappears indefinitely into the void. 

And I can't help but wonder what the next "new" type of hero is going to be... They must think that they just have to introduce a new type of hero every single year for some reason. 

Edited by Namero