Japanese Fire Emblem Twitter posts

Crubat

1 hour ago, Cysx said:

Haven't we seen enemies double the Smash user before they got to act ? I can't quite remember where, but I think that's happened?

Oh yeah that's true, I completely forgot about that. Heavy weapons make you attack dead last.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Cysx said:

- His engage attacks seems to raise Def by 10 and Res by 5 during the turn where you take all attacks.

I think with Ike!Timerra, her Def only went up by 5 in the Aether prep phase. I'm wondering whether the +10 Def is actually an Armored type bonus.

3 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Ike is a bit disappointingly simple, but seems effective at his niche. Should be a great complement for Louis or Jade.

Also, Boucheron's Berserker outfit looks generic, and doesn't fit his prior aesthetic. Are they possibly hiding Warrior, or is he perhaps a native Hero?

Anna is a Warrior in the 8min overview before she class changes into Wolf Knight (axe sidearm). We've seen Lapis as a Warrior as well tag-teaming with Lyn in Lyn's video.

Berserkers I think all have a similar generic look (and that actually explains the trims in Panette's default outfit that we mistook for Gremory furs).

For the world map , I wonder if specific spots will host multiple chapters. Perhaps you'll come back in one of the early games maps near the end if the goal of the four hounds was to distract you further away so the fell dragon could attack your base ? Idk , just wondering.

I talked about it with a friend in length , but I was surprised to see how free flowing the reclassing system seems to be. At first , I thought we would get a limited ammount of classes depending on the character , but it looks like anyone can reclass into anything (Alcryst as an armored lance , Chloé as a mage , Anna as a Wolf Knight) even if they don't have any affinity with the class's weapon type. But what's even more surprising is that reclassing allows you to keep a relatively similar stat total while reverting you back to level 1. So you have the stats of a let's say , lvl 15 pre promoted unit with the exp curve of a lvl 1 unit , which sounds pretty broken at first.

And while I think it may be a bit on the overpowered side for lower difficulties , I think this is the dev's way of making permadeath something you can truly play around in the Lunatic and perhaps Lunatic + difficulties. The problem with Lunatic for Fates Conquest and 3H was that there was a very heavy ammount of planning required , to the point that losing specific units could almost mean a softlock due to their relatively small cast. Now that anyone can become anything beside locked classes like dancers and lords , you'll never truly run out of units for your prefered strategy if you have the management skills to save up for reclassing seals and feed enough kills to these new units in these hard maps. While you do get extra exp through the training grounds in the Somniel and the ennemies popping up on the map , it does stay finite , I seriously doubt you'd be able to buy 30 risen boxes to overlevel everyone in the harder difficulties.

That , and free flowing reclassing will allow for very silly challenge runs. Can't wait for monk only runs , where you have to kung fu fighting your way through every ennemy.

3 minutes ago, tipperthescales said:

Anna is a Warrior in the 8min overview before she class changes into Wolf Knight (axe sidearm). We've seen Lapis as a Warrior as well tag-teaming with Lyn in Lyn's video.

Speaking of Anna, she interestingly has bow as her special aptitude (blue weapon), not axe, so looks like some characters may have canon promoted classes

Something else that looks odd about reclassing :

Alcryst somehow can only choose classes that have axes or/and bows. (Archer , axe fighter , armored axe and axe cav) However , the bar next to the menu imply that we don't even see 20% of all the available options. The greyed out ones seems to be the promoted paths for archers tho.

So either reclassing seals only allow you to reclass to specific weapon types , or there's some sort of filter menu. (Like ticking boxes for "X weapon type" , "Tier 1/2/3 classes" , ect...) Because if it's not the latter , it would be a really odd ui design decision to show you all these possibilities that you're not allowed to pick.

Capture d'écran_20221226_135047.png

2 minutes ago, Loliko said:

Something else that looks odd about reclassing :

Alcryst somehow can only choose classes that have axes or/and bows. (Archer , axe fighter , armored axe and axe cav) However , the bar next to the menu imply that we don't even see 20% of all the available options. The greyed out ones seems to be the promoted paths for archers tho.

So either reclassing seals only allow you to reclass to specific weapon types , or there's some sort of filter menu. (Like ticking boxes for "X weapon type" , "Tier 1/2/3 classes" , ect...) Because if it's not the latter , it would be a really odd ui design decision to show you all these possibilities that you're not allowed to pick.

Capture d'écran_20221226_135047.png

I have a feeling why it's showing you all the options is so that it can illustrate what conditions you're missing as to why you're not able to reclass possibly. All class changing stuff seems to be on one menu so that makes the most sense to me tbh.

11 minutes ago, Azz said:

I have a feeling why it's showing you all the options is so that it can illustrate what conditions you're missing as to why you're not able to reclass possibly. All class changing stuff seems to be on one menu so that makes the most sense to me tbh.

I see... So stuff like not using a promotional seal instead of a reclassing skill , perhaps reaching a certain support rank with a character so they can "teach" you how to master that class , getting a high enough weapon rank , and so on.

I'm too used to Awakening/Fates where they show you what you could pick immediatly and didn't tease you with other choices lol

6 hours ago, Loliko said:

I see... So stuff like not using a promotional seal instead of a reclassing skill , perhaps reaching a certain support rank with a character so they can "teach" you how to master that class , getting a high enough weapon rank , and so on.

I'm too used to Awakening/Fates where they show you what you could pick immediatly and didn't tease you with other choices lol

They explained how this work last week, every character have 1-2 aptitudes, and classes need certain aptitudes to get in them. Aptitudes are only unlocked through skill inheritance from the Emblems. Alcryst starts with bow and axes, so all his reclass options are put at the top for axe and bow reclasses. If he had Sword Aptitude, Sword classes would be placed up there.

Promotions will also be stuffed right at the top if you are using a Master Seal.

EDIT: Just hit me how funny it is that little fraidy-cat Alcryst is pre-spec'd to be a Warrior.

On that note, weird how Anna's natural talent is actually in Bows, not axes. Makes me wonder how many other characters have natural aptitudes different than their starting class.

Edited by KoriCongo

43 minutes ago, KoriCongo said:

They explained how this work last week, every character have 1-2 aptitudes, and classes need certain aptitudes to get in them. Aptitudes are only unlocked through skill inheritance from the Emblems. Alcryst starts with bow and axes, so all his reclass options are put at the top for axe and bow reclasses. If he had Sword Aptitude, Sword classes would be placed up there.

Promotions will also be stuffed right at the top if you are using a Master Seal.

EDIT: Just hit me how funny it is that little fraidy-cat Alcryst is pre-spec'd to be a Warrior.

On that note, weird how Anna's natural talent is actually in Bows, not axes. Makes me wonder how many other characters have natural aptitudes different than their starting class.

My apologies , I really need to read the translations in the main site more carefully , I didn't notice that all of this was in the Kagetsu post before now---

So it's something that encourage heavily to switch around the rings between characters instead of just dedicating them to one character with very good synergy.

Also I think Anna has a talent in bows due to Fates Anna being an outlaw. She needed both swords/staves for the awakening trickster (which isn't in engage) , so it was the best option for a callback to a previously playable incarnation of her. That or lances if they wanted to make her Apotheosis Anna. In regard to who else could have a different natural aptitude , perhaps Chloé with tomes since she's seen as a mage in the latest trailer ?

On 12/23/2022 at 2:20 AM, Armchair General said:

I won't be surprised if the Deeprealm thing is an actual thing, given how there's maps from "the past" are popping up on an irregular basis

I'm actually not sure those maps really are maps from the past as much as modern stages paying homage to old map designs. For example the stage that resembles the stage against Reinhardt seems to take place at a Firene riverbed rather than taking place in Tracia. And that map that looks like the pitfall bridge from POR has fell dragon statues lining the bridge, implying its a bridge in Not Plegia rather than Crimea. 

Edited by Etrurian emperor

3 hours ago, KoriCongo said:

On that note, weird how Anna's natural talent is actually in Bows, not axes.

That's gotta be a callback, as one prior Anna was a bow class.

1 hour ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I'm actually not sure those maps really are maps from the past as much as modern stages paying homage to old map designs. For example the stage that resembles the stage against Reinhardt seems to take place at a Firene riverbed rather than taking place in Tracia. And that map that looks like the pitfall bridge from POR has fell dragon statues lining the bridge, implying its a bridge in Not Plegia rather than Crimea. 

At this point this seems to be a... happy coincidence, of sorts. I'm saying this because we've seen emblems as the boss of these maps, specifically the emblem these maps reference.

Of course it would make zero sense for Elyos to randomly contain all of these locations, so either IS really, really, REALLY didn't care at all... or something's up with this whole place.

... also the bridge likely isn't meant to reference the pitfall bridge at all. At least not nearly as directly as the others.

Edited by Cysx

2 hours ago, Cysx said:

Of course it would make zero sense for Elyos to randomly contain all of these locations, so either IS really, really, REALLY didn't care at all... or something's up with this whole place.

Engage is reportedly, supposed to be an anniversary game that got delayed. It's why the Emblems are the past lords and why we have maps that are nearly identical to past ones, only missing out on game-specific features when it comes to the map itself

Edited by Vexal

7 hours ago, Vexal said:

Engage is reportedly, supposed to be an anniversary game that got delayed. It's why the Emblems are the past lords and why we have maps that are nearly identical to past ones, only missing out on game-specific features when it comes to the map itself

I know, but that still leaves the question of whether this is a purely practical setting that doesn't really make any sense (like Awakening's and Fates'), or if there's some explanation to it all. I don't think there can be much of a middle ground at this point.

I actually couldn't remember if Lapis had been shown off on Twitter yet. There's not been much talk about her, but she's got the makings of a fan favorite.

Edited by Cysx

A few things briefly that I wanted to highlight:

1. Vincent noted that in the Relay Trials video, there are two character Synced with Lyn, and two Synced with Ike respectively:

relay-trials4e.jpg

Would that mean that there's a limit of say only 6 deployment slots per participating player (if there's only 2, for example)? Clearly there isn't an issue with Emblem duplicates being fielded here, but are there other deploy restrictions (only x number of Emblems per player, etc.) in play?

2. On the site's article on the My First Fire Emblem video, Vincent draws attention to the NoHK preorder bonus of seals as follows:

nintendo-hk-stamps.jpg

The symbol on the bottom right seal, however, isn't yet identified. (It's not Gradlon's.) Given it has some elements from both Lythos and Gradlon, and it's also on the two-tone seal, maybe this is Alear's own symbol? The Fire Emblem, perhaps?

EDIT for 2.: actually, the answer lies in the Divine Edition graphic. The bottom right seal is indeed Alear’s. (Also, we can see the Emblem Symbols for Marth / Celica / Sigurd on their classic art cards as well, and I think their card background colours are close to those in game and for the Engage hair):SE_Bundle_US

Edited by tipperthescales

8 hours ago, Cysx said:

I know, but that still leaves the question of whether this is a purely practical setting that doesn't really make any sense (like Awakening's and Fates'), or if there's some explanation to it all. I don't think there can be much of a middle ground at this point.

I actually couldn't remember if Lapis had been shown off on Twitter yet. There's not been much talk about her, but she's got the makings of a fan favorite.

Like the majority of the FE (and not FE) series, it may have been when the games started being released out of Japan but the GBA/GCN/Wii games where we got a bunch of games in a row that were as you described was 3 settings (2 of which were made somewhat concurrently iirc) and are historically the exception not the norm.

Edited by goodperson707

To quickly comment on the past maps thing : I remember spotting Arena Ferox from FEA. So either they made a full recreation as an hommage in universe lore , or some time/dimension magic is at play with the rings , because it's not just some random arena , it's the same decorations and all.

Also Anna still has "Slashing more than prices" as a crit quote , this makes me happy