Japanese Fire Emblem Twitter posts

Crubat

9 minutes ago, Yexin said:

well i'd be inclined to agree with you there, if only i knew what "fogato", "mistilla/mistira", melin/merin", "bone" and "seadas" were
granted, not even localized names remind me of italian desserts, but i guess i shouldn't think about this too much

i just find it funny, that's all

Fogato is truncated from Affogato.

Misutira is Tiramisu rearranged.

Merin is truncated from Meringue.

Bonet is just, well, Bonèt.

And Seadas from Seada.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Fogato is truncated from Affogato.

Misutira is Tiramisu rearranged.

Merin is truncated from Meringue.

Bonet is just, well, Bonèt.

And Seadas from Seada.

ok so i got most of them right

also WHY THE HELL didn't i think of Affogato

i find it so funny that Timerra and Fogato are the only two dark-skinned characters and the desserts their names reference are the only ones of the batch that feature coffee, causing them to also have a dark brown coloration

this got me wondering why they picked the desert nation (Solm is the desert nation, right?) to call its characters with names inspired by italian desserts, considering the only european nation with a desert is Spain
i guess they just felt like doing so

Edited by Yexin

10 minutes ago, Yexin said:

ok so i got most of them right

also WHY THE HELL didn't i think of Affogato

i find it so funny that Timerra and Fogato are the only two dark-skinned characters and the desserts their names reference are the only ones of the batch that feature coffee, causing them to also have a dark brown coloration

this got me wondering why they picked the desert nation (Solm is the desert nation, right?) to call its characters with names inspired by italian desserts, considering the only european nation with a desert is Spain

Ahem if I may - and it may be a stretch but - I present for your consideration the following hypothesis:

Dessert ~ desert

And I totally had the same revelation about Fogato and Timerra and their dessert namesakes being the only to involve espresso 

12 minutes ago, Yexin said:

Yes, it's Solm.

Maybe the desert/dessert thing was too amusing to not use? XD

Also, just for completion's sake, we also have:

Pandreo who in Japan is Pandoro.

And Queen Sfoglia.

2 minutes ago, BoydSteakhouse said:

Ahem if I may - and it may be a stretch but - I present for your consideration the following hypothesis:

Dessert ~ desert

And I totally had the same revelation about Fogato and Timerra and their dessert namesakes being the only to involve espresso 

your first statement caused me a considerable amount of brain damage, but thank you regardless for making me realize this, i guess today i'm just being very dumb and unintuitive

glad i'm not the only one who thought about the coffee thing

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

And Queen Sfoglia.

yeah i just read that and i don't think i'll manage to get any sleep tonight because of that

i just hope the next FE game won't have characters called literally Sandwich and Toast, because that's what this whole situation is sounding like to me (also yeah, this is JoJo Vento Aureo all over again)

3 minutes ago, Yexin said:

yeah i just read that and i don't think i'll manage to get any sleep tonight because of that

i just hope the next FE game won't have characters called literally Sandwich and Toast, because that's what this whole situation is sounding like to me (also yeah, this is JoJo Vento Aureo all over again)

Ah, this is common for FE. To just use foreign words as they are.

Like, the Jugdral Dreadlords in Japan are named after the German Numbers. Just straight up the number names.

So I don't think we'll see a stop to it any time soon. Your best bet is localization doing its thing. Like Misutira to Timerra. Though for food ones we might be mostly safe. FE isn't Dragon Ball.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

15 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Ah, this is common for FE. To just use foreign words as they are.

Like, the Jugdral Dreadlords in Japan are named after the German Numbers. Just straight up the number names.

So I don't think we'll see a stop to it any time soon. Your best bet is localization doing its thing. Like Misutira to Timerra. Though for food ones we might be mostly safe. FE isn't Dragon Ball.

All the Solm characters are named after Italian desserts

Firene = French names
Brodia = Gemstones and minerals
Elusia = Plants and flowers
Gradlon = French colors

21 hours ago, Popers1328 said:

I didn't think it was boons or banes because it's listed between options difficulty and network settings. It would be weird to switch back and forth between a gameplay option for your character and your game settings. Alear seems more similar to Byleth than the fully customizable Robin or Corrin so it would make sense for them to not have Boons or Banes just like Byleth. Also there's no reason why having infinite grinding would interfere with fixed mode's purpose. Most RPGs in general don't use randomized stat growths and most RPGs allow for infinite grinding, so that seems pretty standard. If anything, having infinite grinding makes randomized stat growths obsolete. Random growths allow for a character to be blessed or screwed in certain stats, but if you can infinitely grind, you can just level up until their low stat is patched up. Personally, I prefer random growths because they add weight to the decision whether or not to reset after a death i.e. deciding not to reset for a character that died because someone else got a perfect level up. But people have different preferences and some people play without permadeath and for whatever reason, might want to play in fixed mode. Who knows, maybe someone will use the arena feature to create an Averages Unleashed tournament in Engage.

Edit: To clarify in case anyone's wondering, I can't read Japanese. I just copied the Kanji and pasted it into a translator. The option says 成長方式

Seeing the newest front page update today, gonna believe you now, Growth Method is absolutely Fixed Growth Mode option.

It's likely not available on your first playthrough just like in Path of Radiance, which is why it didn't appear in the French Preview video. It showed up in the JP tweet because those are always in a state of debug mode or cycling through multiple saves for the sake of footage.

...ORRRR that's some weird difficulty localization nonsense because FE does have a history of just...screwing over difficulty modes between releases. Hi PoR Maniac Mode...

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

If it's every day till release, there's a chance I'll get Vandad. Woo!

I'm personally hoping she'll do the characters off of the special edition boxart so we'll get Vandad and the twins as well as all the royals

22 minutes ago, Azz said:

I'm personally hoping she'll do the characters off of the special edition boxart so we'll get Vandad and the twins as well as all the royals

There's 12 days left, not counting the release day itself or today since we already got Alfred. So assuming she does do one per day...

Diamant, Alcryst, Celine, Fogado, Ivy, Hortensia, Vandad, Framme, Clanne, and Alear makes 10 days. I do feel these are the most likely ones to get artwork. If she does both Alears, that makes 11. Which leaves only one day for a curveball. Maybe she'll do a weird favorite of hers? Sfoglia pretty please?

EDIT: Okay actually, it's probably going to be Sommie lol. I'd be fine with that. Maybe Lumera could get done if she only does one Alear / does both Alears in one day?

Edited by Saint Rubenio

18 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

There's 12 days left, not counting the release day itself or today since we already got Alfred. So assuming she does do one per day...

Diamant, Alcryst, Celine, Fogado, Ivy, Hortensia, Vandad, Framme, Clanne, and Alear makes 10 days. I do feel these are the most likely ones to get artwork. If she does both Alears, that makes 11. Which leaves only one day for a curveball. Maybe she'll do a weird favorite of hers? Sfoglia pretty please?

EDIT: Okay actually, it's probably going to be Sommie lol. I'd be fine with that. Maybe Lumera could get done if she only does one Alear / does both Alears in one day?

She's already done Alear when the game was announced so I'm hoping she'll do smth different. I can definitely see her doing both Alear's and Sommie together which would be cute.

10 minutes ago, Azz said:

She's already done Alear when the game was announced so I'm hoping she'll do smth different. I can definitely see her doing both Alear's and Sommie together which would be cute.

Alear with Sommie for the final day would be a pretty great to end the pre-release phase, I'd say. Sommie deserves artwork, seeing how he's the greatest character in Engage.

52 minutes ago, Mysterique Sign said:

Basically everyone on here

You know, I never noticed how tiny all of the primary lords are compared to their "lesser" siblings in this artwork. The Solmians in particular, Fogado got one of the best spots in the poster period while a super tiny Timerra is just kneeing his cheek. What's up with that?

Also I just noticed Framme is kicking her brother across the poster loooool

11 minutes ago, ciphertul said:

Okay just pointing this out, on Leif's ring video Timerra "throws" the lance but the animation is that of a bow. Anyone else see that?

lol that reminds me of a weird bug in my version of Fates. Probably an issue with one of my mods. It caused this to happen.

Senno_doesnt_know_how_to_use_spears_2.png?width=1035&height=621Senno_doesnt_know_how_to_use_spears_3.png?width=1035&height=621

Nice to see IntSys has officially implemented it into their newest game

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

lol that reminds me of a weird bug in my version of Fates. Probably an issue with one of my mods. It caused this to happen.

Senno_doesnt_know_how_to_use_spears_2.png?width=1035&height=621Senno_doesnt_know_how_to_use_spears_3.png?width=1035&height=621

Nice to see IntSys has officially implemented it into their newest game

Close but the lance was the arrow, Timerra just points it at the enemy and it just rockets off at them.

Was able to preorder the Divine Edition from Walmart! WOOHOO! 

Anyways, Just a random theory based on a random theory and some potential leaks and speculation:

Spoiler

Someone on Reddit posited the theory that Veyle is Alear's child from the future ala Awakening. While I don't think this will be the case, I do have another theory:

What if Alear is the child of the Fell Dragon and Veyle is the child of the Divine Dragon? 

We know that Alear and the Fell Dragon woke up around the same time, and I think it's alluded to - if not outright stated - that Lumera was the one to defeat the Fell Dragon a thousand years ago. What if part of her plan involved taking out Alear, the child of the Fell Dragon, and "corrupting" them to her side? That's why Alear's hair is mixed but they have the pure redhead "crazy" persona, and why Alear's memory is fuzzy. (This would be far from the first game to use the whole "let's memory wipe the villain and convert them to the side of the heroes" trope.) Over time, maybe Lumera truly thought of Alear as her own child. 

How does Veyle fit into this? I have two theories, but I'm not satisfied with either. The first is that Lumera or someone else used Veyle's power to "corrupt" Alear, which leaves her bitter and with the silver hair she has instead of the blue hair she may have been born with as a child of the Divine Dragon. (The taking of the power didn't have to occur exactly when the "corruption" took place, so we can preserve the whole "Alear and Veyle don't know each other" thing.) Alternatively, maybe Veyle is just annoyed that her mother paid more attention to a sleeping enemy than her own daughter, and joins Sombron to lash out. I have no idea. 

Anyways, I think this would be a fun little twist while also giving an homage to Robin. (...and Morgan...and Kana...and Corrin...) Gameplay-wise, Alear would still technically be a Divine Dragon and would be treated as such, as seen in the preview footage. But now we have another potential Divine Dragon as well. 

Anyways, it's late and I need to go to bed. Don't think too much about this theory.

2 hours ago, Use the Falchion said:
Spoiler

What if Alear is the child of the Fell Dragon and Veyle is the child of the Divine Dragon? 

We know that Alear and the Fell Dragon woke up around the same time, and I think it's alluded to - if not outright stated - that Lumera was the one to defeat the Fell Dragon a thousand years ago. What if part of her plan involved taking out Alear, the child of the Fell Dragon, and "corrupting" them to her side? That's why Alear's hair is mixed but they have the pure redhead "crazy" persona, and why Alear's memory is fuzzy. (This would be far from the first game to use the whole "let's memory wipe the villain and convert them to the side of the heroes" trope.) Over time, maybe Lumera truly thought of Alear as her own child. 

How does Veyle fit into this? I have two theories, but I'm not satisfied with either. The first is that Lumera or someone else used Veyle's power to "corrupt" Alear, which leaves her bitter and with the silver hair she has instead of the blue hair she may have been born with as a child of the Divine Dragon. (The taking of the power didn't have to occur exactly when the "corruption" took place, so we can preserve the whole "Alear and Veyle don't know each other" thing.) Alternatively, maybe Veyle is just annoyed that her mother paid more attention to a sleeping enemy than her own daughter, and joins Sombron to lash out. I have no idea. 

Spoiler

I actually had a similar crackpot theory, that Veyle is the true Divine Dragon and that Alear is the child Lumeria and the Fell Dragon. That was the furthest it ever went though,.

Nowadays, I prefer Veyle being the antagonist

4 hours ago, Use the Falchion said:

Was able to preorder the Divine Edition from Walmart! WOOHOO! 

Anyways, Just a random theory based on a random theory and some potential leaks and speculation:

Reveal hidden contents

Someone on Reddit posited the theory that Veyle is Alear's child from the future ala Awakening. While I don't think this will be the case, I do have another theory:

Anyways, I think this would be a fun little twist while also giving an homage to Robin. (...and Morgan...and Kana...and Corrin...) Gameplay-wise, Alear would still technically be a Divine Dragon and would be treated as such, as seen in the preview footage. But now we have another potential Divine Dragon as well. 

Anyways, it's late and I need to go to bed. Don't think too much about this theory.

Spoiler

Lumera be like:

garon-fire-emblem.gif