Edited by Chloé Waifu Supremacy

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, Chloé Waifu Supremacy said:

News I heard about Romance! take with a grain of salt 

Reveal hidden contents

Someone just searched the datamine, and apparently S rank does still exist in the files. The example they showed was text indicating Alear giving a ring to Ivy, filed under a series of S-rank files numbered from 1 to 28, I assume meaning there are 28 lines in this specific conversation Edits:looks to likely be characters. Mind you we don’t know if it’s any Alear or just Male Alear yet. Again if it’s wrong forget this I’m trying to find something.

Spoiler

Now it depends if that's actually in the game or just left-over material. S-Supports show up on the menu in Three Houses even though you can't access them until the end of the game. As far as we know, S-Supports just aren't there on the menu so either they decided to hide it (why) or it's been cut.

(Also Jesus Christ, i botted up 3H to verify this and those load times, oof).

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That being said, wasn't Goldmary a lance hero? That's... something, at least.

Goldmary is sword, it's just that the 1-2 range sword looks like a lance.

1 minute ago, Chloé Waifu Supremacy said:

Character ages:

Reveal hidden contents

Characters do have given ages though. Here are some-
Jean- 10
Anna- 11
Hortensia-14
Framme- 16
Veyle- 16
Alear- 17
Etie-17
Celine- 17
Citrinne- 17
Alcryst- 17
Rosado- 17
Lapis- 18
Timerra- 18
Chloe- 18
Panette- 18
Goldmary-19
Merrin- 19
Ivy- 20
Alfred- 21
Louis- 22
Jade- 22
Yunaka- 22
Bucheron- 23
Bunet- 23
Seadall- 23
Amber- 24
Diamant- 25
Kagetsu- 26
Zelkov- 28
Mauvier- 31
Saphir- 35 (lol)
Vander- 45
Lindon- 60

Spoiler

>Vander

>45

BRUH

Anyways the crown royals are honestly a lot older than i thought they'd be. Well not "a lot" but like, only Timerra is in her teens and she's already 18. 

8 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Goldmary has sword proficiency. My current plan is to reclass Amber into Halberdier given his lance proficiency. 

Yikes, lances really got the short end of the stick here, didn't they... I guess they figured Timerra's enough lol

4 minutes ago, Chloé Waifu Supremacy said:

Character ages

To be honest, given these had to be datamined, I feel like they have to be left-over data that wasn't meant to see the light of day.

Spoiler

I mean, Vander is 45? Saphir is friggin' 35? Saphir looks even older than Vandad! I refuse to believe these are right, and I also refuse to accept them as canon. Vandad is 51 and Momphir is 56, end of story.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

To be honest, given these had to be datamined, I feel like they have to be left-over data that wasn't meant to see the light of day.

The bios don't show the character ages like 3H did so it's probably just some internal thing. Even Echoes had the "alcohol can only be used by characters of a certain age" thing only for it to be cut.

Spoiler

No but seriously, Vander at 45 is hilarious. Bro really said

iqx1tbr0uxt51.jpg?auto=webp&s=ff1f29a15a

I don't want to see age discourse shit, apart from the literal children and the old folks, most of the characters here just had a number slapped on to them.

Edited by Armagon

13 minutes ago, Armagon said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Now it depends if that's actually in the game or just left-over material. S-Supports show up on the menu in Three Houses even though you can't access them until the end of the game. As far as we know, S-Supports just aren't there on the menu so either they decided to hide it (why) or it's been cut.

Goldmary is sword, it's just that the 1-2 range sword looks like a lance.

This is just straight up incorrect. Why throw around misinformation?

Heroes in this game are distinct from Swordmasters, in the sense that while Swordmasters use only Swords, Heroes get Swords (A) AND a sidearm (either axes or lances, up to base rank C).

Goldmary starts as a Hero with sidearm specialization in Lances. She does throw a lance in the trailer. From what we know about class proficiencies, this also does suggest that she likely starts with Sword and Lance talents (tho this isn't confirmed), which would mean you could reclass her to Halberdier if you wanted. She wouldn't benefit from having the special talent boost in lances, but we don't really know how big of an issue that would be.

The bigger thing is that its unfortunate she doesn't start there. It doesnt seem like it would have been that weird of a choice to just make her one, and it would have given better roster balance and more distinction (including from Lapis), especially since Elusia already has Kagetsu but doesnt have a lance user. 

Edited by Styx Dragon

Just now, Armagon said:

The bios don't show the character ages like 3H did so it's probably just some internal thing. Even Echoes had the "alcohol can only be used by characters of a certain age" thing only for it to be cut.

Hide contents

No but seriously, Vander at 45 is hilarious. Bro really said

iqx1tbr0uxt51.jpg?auto=webp&s=ff1f29a15a

Jokes aside though, for the people that care about that sort of thing, there are actually more adults in the Fire Emblem game than teens. Usually it's the other way around.

I don't want to see age discourse shit, apart from the literal children and the old folks, most of the characters here just had a number slapped on to them.

Spoiler

It's not even Vandad that's the problem. It's Saphir that's the problem. Girl looks even older than Vandad, and yet she's fucking 35. They actually want me to believe she's 7 years older than Zelkov. That's just utterly ridiculous, and it leads me to believe they just slapped the first numbers they came up with next to the names early in development, then scrapped the idea of showing concrete ages and the snippets of code for the ages just remained there, forgotten.

Anyway, this is all pretty irrelevant nitpicking to distract us from the fact that Fire Emblem has a new best girl and it's not even a contest.

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yikes, lances really got the short end of the stick here, didn't they... I guess they figured Timerra's enough lol

Reveal hidden contents

I mean, Vander is 45? Saphir is friggin' 35? Saphir looks even older than Vandad! I refuse to believe these are right, and I also refuse to accept them as canon. Vandad is 51 and Momphir is 56, end of story.

For some characters appears to be mostly a referencial thing for how old they're suppose to look (with Veyle and Alear), I imagine Mauvier and below are decent references of age, the ones with more age than Mauvier were probably more random things because they didn't want to over analyze how old people look xD.

Spoiler

Started laughing out loud at some of these, holy shit. Saphir "being 35" got me so bad like there's what, five years between Titania and her? Holy shit. 

Not even going to remotely treat these as canon (besides Jean and Anna, obviously. Hortensia we'll see if she's an Elise situation, I never would have pegged her as younger than the twins.) but man. I think they just quite literally used a random number generator for some of these.

(I have no idea where the datamine is and at this point I'm too afraid to ask)

Hate to be devolving into my own questions instead of just digging for it myself, but do we have support lists yet? Not S-Supports, just regular ones. I'd like to update my list on the other thread. u-u' I'm most curious about Timerra and Fogado at this point.

Edited by martystarboy

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hide contents

It's not even Vandad that's the problem. It's Saphir that's the problem. Girl looks even older than Vandad, and yet she's fucking 35. They actually want me to believe she's 7 years older than Zelkov. That's just utterly ridiculous, and it leads me to believe they just slapped the first numbers they came up with next to the names early in development, then scrapped the idea of showing concrete ages and the snippets of code for the ages just remained there, forgotten.

Anyway, this is all pretty irrelevant nitpicking to distract us from the fact that Fire Emblem has a new best girl and it's not even a contest.

Spoiler

It's like the reverse "she 1000 years old actually".

Then again, the only way it makes sense is if Saphir and Vander went through some serious shit. Stress can age and like, look at Obi-Wan. Bro's supposed to be 57 by A New Hope but he looks 80.

But unlike Obi-Wan, i don't think things got that bad for Saphir and Vander. So yeah, they just made shit up.

7 minutes ago, EarthboundAddict said:
  Hide contents

Now that we have a good indication that romance is back I am dying to know who the mlm/wlw options will be this time around. 

My forecast on gay romance:

Spoiler

Three scenarios about mlm wlw: if 28 is the number of romanceable characters by m!Alear or f!Alear, then we're garanteed to have either (a) a fair amount of "bisexual" characters, (b) several platonic S endings or (c) everyone is bisexual but the pool of romanceable characters is limited

Edited by szechuan

26 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Spoiler

According to leaks they are real S ranks and some are simply platonic, some romantic.

1 minute ago, Tharne said:

Posting this here, hoping I didn't make any mistake :

raVidXr.png

It sucks that Jean seems to be taking the Cyril route where his base growths are actually kinda bad save for speed. Kinda makes you wonder what the point of aptitude is if its just boosting his mediocre growths to average instead of making average growths above average 

1 minute ago, Azz said:

I have found the text dump that contains all the support conversations. Shall share it here. Am gonna try work on a support list

38slk7.zip 1.23 MB · 4 downloads

TY! I started a big list on google spreadsheets a while ago, but it's such a mess it's probably best to start from scratch...

44 minutes ago, Chloé Waifu Supremacy said:

News I heard about Romance! take with a grain of salt 

Hide contents

Someone just searched the datamine, and apparently S rank does still exist in the files. The example they showed was text indicating Alear giving a ring to Ivy, filed under a series of S-rank files numbered from 1 to 28, I assume meaning there are 28 lines in this specific conversation Edits:looks to likely be characters. Mind you we don’t know if it’s any Alear or just Male Alear yet. Again if it’s wrong forget this I’m trying to find something.

Spoiler

If this is true, I am okay with it. So long as there is a way to secure pairs among the other characters and it`s left to random chance. 

31 minutes ago, ciphertul said:

My issue is that:

Hide contents

Not counting Royals we get 4 Axe fighters, 3 Sword fighters but no lance fighters.

Spoiler

Gonna have to agree with you there. The fact that we got no lance fighters as base is pretty stupid. 

Spoiler

Character ages not making sense is the norm for japanese anime game. Hell, Alear is over 1000, yet looks the same age as the crown royals. 

1 minute ago, Kliss88 said:

Also I hate how 30s is somehow super old 

Welcome to anime land, where anything above 25 is considered ancient.

6 minutes ago, Tharne said:

Posting this here, hoping I didn't make any mistake :

raVidXr.png

Fascinating, this makes me wonder how classes ended up affecting growths, mostly how Clanne's magic appears to be surprisingly low considering he's at base a mage xD.

6 minutes ago, Azz said:

I have found the text dump that contains all the support conversations. Shall share it here. Am gonna try work on a support list

38slk7.zip 1.23 MB · 6 downloads

Gay theorycrafting alert:

Spoiler

ROSADO X MAUVE, ROSADO X FOGADO

My three boys being good friends!!!! Now please give at least ONE of them a mlm ending I beg you

7 minutes ago, EarthboundAddict said:

It sucks that Jean seems to be taking the Cyril route where his base growths are actually kinda bad save for speed. Kinda makes you wonder what the point of aptitude is if its just boosting his mediocre growths to average instead of making average growths above average 

Spoiler

Alot of those growths are pretty mediocre, but i am guessing classes will modify them some.

Spoiler

Is the text dump m!Alear only? I checked the support with Veyle and I couldn't see any dialogue for f!Alear... Very gender specific.