The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Damn.

Well then again, the original Rune Factory devs, Neverland, went bankrupt after Rune Factory 4. Everyone thought the series dead until Marvelous brought the series back from the grave with Rune Factory 4 Special and the upcoming Rune Factory 5.

So I wouldn't completely rule out the possibility of a Stella Glow Switch port, however unlikely it may seem.

I would hope so. It's a great game, so just having it disappear into the recesses of history like that would suck.

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

Idk what to use as ring tone anymore...

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Damn, that's quite a leap. Though it's not like the Sky trilogy has full voice acting.

Wonder if she'll reprise her role as Estelle for Cold Steel 4. Chances are they'll get someone new though.

If I'm not wrong Tita has a different VA in CSIII than in the Sky triology.

54 minutes ago, Armagon said:

We now have a definitive (heh) timeframe for when Future Connected takes place.

Finally, some news on this! Are they retooling the entire game or just porting it + updates and some additions?

Like, are the artes going to be the exact same, or will they be edited?

If they'd port Stella Glow, I'd want them to bundle and port the three Luminous Arcs at the same time. They're the predecessors to Stella Glow, inferior, but same emphasis on Witches with the same general anime aesthetic and feel, and same SRPG gameplay. Individually they wouldn't be worth selling, but as a bundle for $29.99? Maybe. Younger me was remiss LA3 never left Japan too.

And if you're able to those rereleased, then raid the rest of Imageepoch's library and bring us 7th Dragon and 2020 and 2020-II, perhaps all bundled together too at a $29.99 price tag- plenty o' good dungeon crawl there. The major issue all three games must be translated here.

Lastly Arc Rise Fantasia- the Wii RPG that is narratively a wannabe Tales, but with turn-based gameplay. $19.99 might be reasonable for an old full-length game? It was co-developed with Marvelous, who are bringing back RF. But, the North American publisher was Ignition, who also gave the game some atrocious voice acting and slightly inferior translation.

26 minutes ago, Strullemia said:

I hope that they don’t pull a FF7Remake with Xenoblade Definitive edition.

That won't happen because, unlike Tetsuya Nomura, Tetsuya Takahashi is actually competent when it comes to directing and writing.

5 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Like, are the artes going to be the exact same, or will they be edited?

I'd imagine the Arts would be different in Future Connected. Like, there's not really a reason to have Monado Enchant and Buster in Future Connected, for example. And Melia's got a sweet new staff so I'll be shocked if that doesn't come with a new set of Arts.

The only Art we can definitely say is being kept for Future Connected is Monado Purge, because Telethia.

Just now, Armagon said:

That won't happen because, unlike Tetsuya Nomura, Tetsuya Takahashi is actually competent when it comes to directing and writing.

I'd imagine the Arts would be different in Future Connected. Like, there's not really a reason to have Monado Enchant and Buster in Future Connected, for example. And Melia's got a sweet new staff so I'll be shocked if that doesn't come with a new set of Arts.

The only Art we can definitely say is being kept for Future Connected is Monado Purge, because Telethia.

I thought FF7 Remake wasn't bad, actually. Much better than the original, in my opinion, at least.

Well, when you have an iconic arte like backslash, can they really just remove it from his arsenal?

Well, new artes would open up so many new possibilities, and that's something that interests me a lot.

If Reyn's VA recorded no new lines as stated before, and there will have to be some battle involved, does that mean no Reyn at all in FC? It'd be awkward to exist in gameplay but never speak a single word in story. Well, there goes one tank. If it's just Shulk and Melia, how are they going to survive any battles that happen? They're both squishy. Who could be there to take the pain away?

The Monado is large enough to block hits with, and it's magical enough to pretend that in the case of new Arts, that Melia remains frail and Shulk shifts role to tank. Pretend it's reflective of character development from the main story too, he can stand on his own two feet against any pressure.

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

I thought FF7 Remake wasn't bad, actually. Much better than the original, in my opinion, at least.

Well in terms of everything else, FF7R is amazing. Looks great, sounds great, seems like it plays great too. And the story actually does start out pretty faithful and expands on a few things. If only it stayed that way. 

3 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Well, when you have an iconic arte like backslash, can they really just remove it from his arsenal?

I wouldn't call Backslash iconic. Sure, it's in Smash but that doesn't really make it iconic imo. In Xenoblade, Backslash is treated like any other Art.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

If it's just Shulk and Melia, how are they going to survive any battles that happen? They're both squishy. Who could be there to take the pain away?

One of the more spoilery screenshots on the JP website shows Melia in the lead with Shulk and the two Nopon beside her. Now, we don't know if Future Connected will be like Xenoblade X where you can have four party members at a time but it's safe to assume that at least one of those Nopon will be playable. And history shows again and again that Nopon are really sturdy fellas. Even if they aren't outright tanks (Riki is more of a jack-of-all-trades than a proper tank), they're still gonna have the highest HP out of the entire party.

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

If Reyn's VA recorded no new lines as stated before, and there will have to be some battle involved, does that mean no Reyn at all in FC?

I don't think Reyn will be in FC but the fact that his VA didn't record any new lines is leaving me with a bit of concern that the Heart-to-Hearts in the main game aren't gonna be voice acted. It will be an actual downgrade if we go from Xenoblade 2's voiced Heart-to-Hearts back to voiceless Heart-to-Hearts.

It's nice to know when Future Connected takes place, and based on the short story in the Monado Archives (spoilers)

Spoiler

Fiora spent half a year in the regeneration chamber to restore her Homs body, so we can infer that Future Connected takes place six months after the epilogue.

While I'm confident that Shulk, Melia, and the two Nopon are the only party members, I'm not sure if the Nopon will be individual fighters (so the party will have four members) or if they'll be a two-in-one character. Given his tendency to appear in crossovers, maybe Shovel Knight will be a secret character. It seems that not every party member from the main game will appear (nor will there be voiced Heart-to-Hearts), but maybe some of them will.

Finished Trails from Zero.

It was a great game!

By far the best first part of Trails series and only close second behind 3rd as my favorite Trails game.

The character cast, plot and especially gameplay and soundtrack were great.

Though my head hurts too much to give a detailed review right now.

Might will do it after a pill and a bit rest...

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

Well in terms of everything else, FF7R is amazing. Looks great, sounds great, seems like it plays great too. And the story actually does start out pretty faithful and expands on a few things. If only it stayed that way. 

I wouldn't call Backslash iconic. Sure, it's in Smash but that doesn't really make it iconic imo. In Xenoblade, Backslash is treated like any other Art.

I suppose, I really enjoyed it, though.

To me it seems like it's his iconic arte, as he starts with it as well as it being one his best artes.

19 hours ago, Armagon said:

MCU Phase 4 to me is basically just "watch the ones you want", and all i care about those upcoming Marvel movies are Thor: Love and Thunder, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 and Spider-Man 3 (not the Raimi one). After that, i'm basically out (but i'll never say no to more Spider-Man, provided it's actually good).

Haha, well looks like i'm adding Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness to this one. Because

Haha. It all comes full circle

Well, it happened. Crusades unlocked in 908. Apparently the event trigger for an early unlock did triggered. Though not sure what exactly did. Anyway, with Crusades unlocked, you know what that means...

DEUS VULT

Curiously, the target of the First Crusade ended up being Egypt. It's supposedly meant to be Jerusalem (in theory, it's actually not quite high on the priority list, but usually everything above it is still Christian controlled when Crusades unlock); with Egypt being under it in the priority list but... more often than not it's Egypt the one picked. Weird.

Anyway, it was a great campaign. I pretty much sent over 20K troops over there... the Arabian Empire stood no chance; because right at that moment the Rise of the Shia event triggered in Armenia, so they were pretty much flanked on both sides! Since I was the biggest contributor of the Crusade, I was able to place one of my character's daughters as the receiver of the actual kingdom title of Egypt. Thankfully, that's a harder thing to loose than the Gavelkind titles in Francia.

Unfortunately, the loss of Cairo is one of the triggers for Muslims to unlock their Jihads, which happened months later. It's likely Egypt will be the first target, though I will be there to defend it. In the meantime, pft, the Children's Crusade event triggered. That will be something to see...

Also, with Crusades unlocked, it means Holy Orders are now available. I formed both Orders of the Knights of Santiago and Calatrava. Though I can only have one as vassals. At least, through direct action. Might need to rectify that later on. Anyway, I'll continue this... some other day.