The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

Thanks everyone for the condolences. 

I was considering posting a picture of my now former dog, but eh... it's too saddening.

For something more cheery:

AfroPikachuSweets.jpg

Pkmn might be in a ditch right now, but this is cute. Another 'chu alt yeah, but it's a tad ridiculous in a good way, and how do they get the latte foam so precise? 

3 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

So i just finished the Langrisser 1/2 remake demo...

I have to say, i am not impressed. Especially since they are asking for 50€. Imo, feels like a 10-15€ game at most.

I was looking forward to this having heard of but never played this old franchise before. Yet, I see your criticisms and do think it's sales-only game now for me. Too pricey, needs more narrative, combat preview is at best an estimation of what might happen.

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

For me, it's: Xenoblade 2 > Torna >= Xenoblade 1. Haven't played X so I can't judge.

Adding in the other Xeno games, the ranking further expands to: Xenosaga III > Xenogears > Xenosaga I >>>>>>>>> Xenosaga II.

All of this is based on overall enjoyment. If we're talking the gameplay, then Torna has the best gameplay, with XS3 having the best gameplay of the pre-Blade games. Story-wise, Xenogears reigns supreme.

For me, alot of comes from the fact that Lora is my favorite Xeno character, so I suppose its partly bias. 

As far as Xenosaga goes, after playing all three, i agree with you now, I've changed my mind.

18 hours ago, Armagon said:

Oooh, Uraya. Uraya's one of the prettiest Xenoblade areas, which is saying a lot in a series with a lot of fantastic areas.

Uraya during petal-fall weather is peak kino. Petal-fall is rare and it only happens at night btw.

It does look very beautiful, that is true. The monsters there are pretty tough as well. I got slaughtered by a nasty combination of a frog thing and a wolf thing suddenly jumping me from poisonous swamps.
When I first arrived there, it was nighttime and there were some red dots floating all over the place, which made it look even prettier on top of very mysterious. Was that the petal-fall or "just" firefly-esque things?

15 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Also, too many units. In Langrisser 4 it works due to the AT-system (like Trails. It really kinda plays like Trails gameplay in SRPG form.), so you don't have to control 40 units at the same turn, but using Player Phase/Enemy Phase turn mechanics with that many units is kinda ooof. Maybe it's just me however.

Can you go out, get food, come back and eat said food in the span of one Enemy Phase like the Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn meme goes?

---

I've kinda been in a Warriors All-Stars mood today. I broke my personal record of "most enemies killed in one battle", too. Neat.
Killing furries by the thousands is very satisfying.
uU8nWl1.jpg

24 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

It does look very beautiful, that is true. The monsters there are pretty tough as well. I got slaughtered by a nasty combination of a frog thing and a wolf thing suddenly jumping me from poisonous swamps.

Yeah, Uraya is a mild difficulty spike but you should have no problem. Especially since this is the chapter that gives you access to Chain Attacks, as well as making Driver Combos more easier to pull off.

25 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

When I first arrived there, it was nighttime and there were some red dots floating all over the place, which made it look even prettier on top of very mysterious. Was that the petal-fall or "just" firefly-esque things?

Yep, that was petal-fall. Although i think you haven't reached the stomach section of Uraya yet. Petal-fall in the stomach is where that whether truly shines (and that's a line now taken out of context).

29 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Can you go out, get food, come back and eat said food in the span of one Enemy Phase like the Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn meme goes?

Not even the enemy phase, simply one attack animation takes eons, even if you turn off battle animations.

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yeah, Uraya is a mild difficulty spike but you should have no problem. Especially since this is the chapter that gives you access to Chain Attacks, as well as making Driver Combos more easier to pull off.

If anything, I'm glad to know that me actually spending the bonus EXP was worth it and not just a way to be overlevelled as heck.

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yep, that was petal-fall. Although i think you haven't reached the stomach section of Uraya yet. Petal-fall in the stomach is where that whether truly shines (and that's a line now taken out of context).

Is it wrong that I feel pride in seeing something rare occur the first time I get to an area?
I got past the fight with those three Driver guys yesterday and took a break after the scene that happens where their leader takes you to his village.

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Not even the enemy phase, simply one attack animation takes eons, even if you turn off battle animations.

*Attack animation begins*
"Okay, I'll get some food!"
*comes back, attack animation still going*
"Then I can cook the food, too? Nice!"
*cooks food, comes back, animation still going, eats food*
"... Okay, I finished eating, but it's still going... Er, did the game break?"
SpongeBob narrator: One eternity later...
*attack animation finished*
"Finally! Now, to the next enemy..."
"NOOOOOOO!!!!"

10 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I got past the fight with those three Driver guys yesterday and took a break after the scene that happens where their leader takes you to his village.

Yeah, i know i said Uraya was a mild difficulty spike but the Vandham fight is suprisignly pretty easy. I've been underleveled by 5 levels when i got to him and i still manage to get a win without much difficulty. 

10 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

"Okay, I'll get some food!"
*comes back, attack animation still going*
"Then I can cook the food, too? Nice!"
*cooks food, comes back, animation still going, eats food*
"... Okay, I finished eating, but it's still going... Er, did the game break?"
SpongeBob narrator: One eternity later...
*attack animation finished*
"Finally! Now, to the next enemy..."
"NOOOOOOO!!!!"

Pictured: me waiting for an attack animation to finish in Path of Radiance

Waiting-Skeleton.jpg

Still takes less time than Xenosaga Episode II on-foot battles.

Edited by Armagon

Just now, Armagon said:

Yeah, i know i said Uraya was a mild difficulty spike but the Vandham fight is suprisignly pretty easy. I've been underleveled by 5 levels when i got to him and i still manage to get a win without much difficulty.

Reveal hidden contents

Which i suppose makes sense since Vandham and his group weren't actually trying to beat you.

I love how prior to fighting him, the game makes it a point to take time to teach you about proper targeting when there are multiple enemies attacking you at the same time (as if there haven't been any before this *glances at the giant horde of gorillas on the path to Umon's house*), as if you're about to fight a really tough boss.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Pictured: me waiting for an attack animation to finish in Path of Radiance

Waiting-Skeleton.jpg

Still takes less time than Xenosaga Episode II on-foot battles.

XD

6 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I love how prior to fighting him, the game makes it a point to take time to teach you about proper targeting when there are multiple enemies attacking you at the same time (as if there haven't been any before this *glances at the giant horde of gorillas on the path to Umon's house*), as if you're about to fight a really tough boss.

This is something that was improved tenfold from Xenoblade X. Those tutorials are... bad. 

7 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

This is something that was improved tenfold from Xenoblade X. Those tutorials are... bad. 

But Lightcosmo, how can you say the tutorials in Xenoblade X were bad when they don't exist in the first place?

Jokes aside, yeah X was really bad at teaching you how to play. It's more of a game for veterans. It explains the abundance of tutorials in Xenoblade 2 but it makes the lack of being able to review them even stranger.

Edited by Armagon

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

They are rather intrusive in Xenoblade 2, I feel like. Sure, I am glad that they're there, but they could have made them a little less annoying in the beginning. Not to mention they don't really do too good a job at actually teaching you things. I learned more about how to use the combat mechanics from @Armagon and @Interdimensional Observer than I ever did from reading the tutorials (thanks for that, you two!).
And it doesn't exactly add to the hype of a boss fight when the game is like "Here's your boss fight!" and then immediately: "here's a tutorial on a mechanic you probably would have liked/needed to know/we could have taught you about way earlier than this so as to not interrupt the flow so much!".

Just a minor thing, of course, but still.

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

And it doesn't exactly add to the hype of a boss fight when the game is like "Here's your boss fight!" and then immediately: "here's a tutorial on a mechanic you probably would have liked/needed to know/we could have taught you about way earlier than this so as to not interrupt the flow so much!".

Just a minor thing, of course, but still.

Thankfully, Ch.3 is basically the last chapter where you'll get tutorials. I mean, they'll still occasionally show up but far from the extent of the first three chapters. And unlike stuff like Driver Combos, targeting, etc (you know, stuff that you've been doing before), the few post-Ch.3 tutorials will tell you about stuff that you actually couldn't do before.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Thankfully, Ch.3 is basically the last chapter where you'll get tutorials. I mean, they'll still occasionally show up but far from the extent of the first three chapters. And unlike stuff like Driver Combos, targeting, etc (you know, stuff that you've been doing before), the few post-Ch.3 tutorials will tell you about stuff that you actually couldn't do before.

That's good!
If I have to give Xenoblade 2 one thing it's that it's mostly fine at timing its tutorials, meaning it gives you a tutorial when you actually unlock a new mechanic, not like other games where it's like "here's a bunch of tutorials right at the beginning that teach you about stuff that won't be relevant until about 10 hours later which you will probably have forgotten about by then! Have a good one!".

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

yes

especially since you have to see every enemy action, including wait

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

That sounds a hell of a lot more like FE4 than the Tellius saga. Especially since enemy phases being slow happens all. the. goddamn. time.

17 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

That sounds a hell of a lot more like FE4 than the Tellius saga. Especially since enemy phases being slow happens all. the. goddamn. time.

Wasn't there a meme going around that Tellius' enemy phases were so slow that you could do the things I cited you could do? If not, then that joke fell flat on its face, I guess.

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Wasn't there a meme going around that Tellius' enemy phases were so slow that you could do the things I cited you could do? If not, then that joke fell flat on its face, I guess.

I don't think there was. Or at least I don't remember.

25 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Ok tbf, every Kaga FE is pretty slow. And it's more because it's a product of it's time.

Tellius has no reason to be slow.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ok tbf, every Kaga FE is pretty slow. And it's more because it's a product of it's time.

Tellius has no reason to be slow.

Perhaps. On the other hand, though, every enemy army has their own phase in Genealogy, which makes things even slower than they already are.

14 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

12 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

I don't think there was. Or at least I don't remember.

There is a meme, but the meme is that, a meme.

It boils down to actual units on the map.

30 enemies are 30 enemies, doesn't matter if they're divided in three factions or just one. Unless the seconds of "X Turn" display adds some kind of placebo effect that makes you think it lasts much longer.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

But Lightcosmo, how can you say the tutorials in Xenoblade X were bad when they don't exist in the first place?

Jokes aside, yeah X was really bad at teaching you how to play. It's more of a game for veterans. It explains the abundance of tutorials in Xenoblade 2 but it makes the lack of being able to review them even stranger.

Even the few that did exist came up like 2 chapters later than they needed to, which was strange. 

Thats... a good point, actually. That's odd.

Decided to take a halftime break from DQXI for some Civ VI. I did a Science Victory with the Aztecs- their ability to use Builders to construct Districts is very good, and makes them very versatile, since you can't buy Districts as you can Buildings and Builders.

Then, I tried for a True Start Location Earth, on Emperor, my first game at this difficulty. I set myself as America, and put Brazil as the only other country in the Western Hemisphere and lowered the City State total to 6, giving me no shortage of space to settle. I thought that having North America to myself would be very advantageous, and it was. I chose Kongo, Germany, Russia, Arabia, India, and China as my other foes, wanting to represent most of the world. 

*Sigh* I'm really regret picking Kongo, it is crushed the competition, it and Russia are stole all the Great Writers, Musicians, and Artists. I wanted to win on Culture, but I had to had to drain my coffers buying Great Works from them. I thought Arabia would check Kongo's growth, but no, Saladin lost some of his cities to Nzinga, rendering him useless. Some time later however, I saw Kongo had finished the Moon Landing, and upon my Spies made ASAP afterwards revealed Nzinga had about six Spaceports. I couldn't cripple them all with Spies (which have a mere 25% chance of succeeding if untrained), and nor did I have enough time to build up a military to destroy Kongo. I was doomed, so I gave up. Never will I play above King difficulty again, or at least I'd do it with fixed opponents excluding Kongo (if I had the expansions, I could've used Zulu or Mali instead of blasted Kongo).

On the positive side, my United States of North America (all of it, including Canada and Mexico), the Guiana Shield (thank you for leaving this sweet small spot Pedro!), Borneo, New Guinea, and Eastern Australia (India took the southwest and China the northwest) was very fun to establish.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer