"I just want to know one thing!" - FE13 Edition

Popo

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This might have been brought up earlier, but does the experience boost from Veteran apply to staves as well?

It believe only Paragon is an EXP multiplier when it comes to staves.

Let me test that.

Edit, yep. No change.

Regular:

RegularExpStaff1.pngRegularExpStaff2.png

Veteran and Paired Up with Liz/Lissa:

VeteranStaffEXPNoChange1.pngVeteranStaffEXPNoChange2.png

Edited by shadowofchaos

I don't know if this is public knowledge but I just found out that Nowi's (And all other Manakete's) Dragon weakness transfers to her other classes so as a Mage, Nowi will still have her Dragon weaknesses. Same with taguels.

Makes sense, class changing wouldn't change their race, just weapon preferences/stats/skills.

Speaking of that, Wyrmsbane reminds me of Pokemon. Dragon is Super-Effective against Dragon.

Whats the best fastest way raise staff rating without arms scroll(s)?

Buy lots of Rescue, then burn them like crazy. I don't think they actually give more WExp than other staves, but you can use Rescue whenever you want, whereas units rarely get hurt when they've maxed everything, which gives Heal little chance to be used.

Do you have to re-download the extra paralogues everytime you start a new save file?

You have to activate them again from the Wireless menu, but there's no long download time.

regarding the future of despair DLC:

...Does this apply to enemy Morgan as well as the children? Are the children NPCS?

Dunno about the former, but the children are NPCs in FoD.

regarding the future of despair DLC:

...Does this apply to enemy Morgan as well as the children? Are the children NPCS?

The enemy Morgans have fixed stats depending on the mode.

http://www.serenesfo...boss_dlc_l.html

And yeah, skill/stat inheritance takes place as soon as you enter the map. The kids are all level 1 promoted units.

Edited by Black★Rock Shooter

Actually, the kids' levels vary a bit. In FoD2, I'm pretty sure the two that stay to guard the bridge have higher levels than the ones who flee.

Actually, the kids' levels vary a bit. In FoD2, I'm pretty sure the two that stay to guard the bridge have higher levels than the ones who flee.

Ah, you're right. Looks like they're all level 1 in FoD3, Inigo and Owain and Brady level 1 and Yarne level 5 in FoD2, and Nah level 2 and the rest of the girls level 1 in FoD1.

Why does everyone like Donnel so much? Yeah he's an Est that joins pretty early, but his caps are bleh even if you reclass him (which forces him to start gaining weapon levels all over again), Aptitude is only good if you're not grinding/reclassing, and Underdog only helps him at all as a Dread Fighter unless you want to Second Seal spam him postgame. I guess Underdog would be pretty awesome on Nah, but that doesn't help Donnel himself, I don't think.

Why does everyone like Donnel so much? Yeah he's an Est that joins pretty early, but his caps are bleh even if you reclass him (which forces him to start gaining weapon levels all over again), Aptitude is only good if you're not grinding/reclassing, and Underdog only helps him at all as a Dread Fighter unless you want to Second Seal spam him postgame. I guess Underdog would be pretty awesome on Nah, but that doesn't help Donnel himself, I don't think.

I don't especially like him, but he's an excellent unit to pass inheritance on. He can give away Counter, Underdog or Aptitude (I go with Counter because Aptitude is useless once the unit has maxed stats), and most importantly, one of the only 2 or 3 parents to pass Dark Flier to daughters.

And apparently, most people don't grind (I do) and FE players have a tendency to like units with good growths. Donnel isn't all that good for me since fails awfully to gain any magic or resistance, but excelling in other areas means I can worry less about monitoring his growths in other areas.

His greatest utility to me is his high luck growth (meaning he can use Armsthrift readily) and his ability to pass Dark Flier. I pair him with Tharja to give Noire Dark Flier (making them the only pairing I make not based on conversations). I won't give Nah any father else than Gaius, and Sully's conversation with Donnel doesn't look like it'll lead to marriage at all.

It's stupid to call a unit useless because it'll hard to level them up in a game with level-grinding options. :/ Donnel's become my best units, one doesn't have to lever grind forever, just enough for him (and other weak units) to catch up.

It's stupid to call a unit useless because it'll hard to level them up in a game with level-grinding options. :/ Donnel's become my best units, one doesn't have to lever grind forever, just enough for him (and other weak units) to catch up.

I'm not calling him useless because he's hard to train, I'm calling him less-useful than a lot of characters because even when trained he's not good.

As for passing on skills, huh, forgot about Fighter turning into Pegasus Knights.

Fighter doesn't *always* turn into pegasus knight. For example Vaike passes knight and mercenary as replacements for fighter and barbarian. Donnel is a weird case in that his first few levels are really, truly awful compared to the rest of the cast, but when he turns into a mercenary he accelerates in usefulness. I like him, but even if the game is "easy", I can't think of anyone else who I so carefully need to funnel kills to as Donnel. But his caps are high enough that I personally think Donnel is good. What he lacks in caps, he makes up for by eventually using endless forges/legendaries. When I reclassed him to hero I could give him a forged glass axe and he would never break it.

Fighter doesn't *always* turn into pegasus knight. For example Vaike passes knight and mercenary as replacements for fighter and barbarian.

actually Vaike is the only one to do this, i guess he forgot to pass down pegasus knight just like he forgot to bring his axe gee_wiz_emoticon.gif

wait a sec

is it just me, or does the Japanese version not factor in Dragonskin for damage calculations, while the American version does

maybe i'm just screwing up here (edit: lol i'm stupid forgot about Astra)

Edited by shadykid